Jump to content

Céline Dion and the Paris 2024 Summer Olympic Games


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Do you think the results of the French Election dissipated some of the pressure of the election spending, etc that was affecting the optics of having performers based on those news reports?

 

Seems like this is now pretty much an open secret, even from the gov’ts itself.

Edited by ewh12
Posted

I don't know if this little video can turn into a brilliant surprise for us, or not, but let's see what's to come...

 

Posted by Thomas Jolly, the artistic director for the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2024 Games.

 

 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9dKWybgJ6y/

 

Comments all speculating Lady Gaga.

Posted

Comments all speculating Lady Gaga.

 

Yes, I know, but it could also be Céline. Why not? After all, we've been hearing about Céline all this time, not about Gaga.

Join the Céline Dion Grεεκ Fan Club on Facebook
Posted

Comments all speculating Lady Gaga.

I think that came from the Entrevue magazine article last week? At least that's around the time I started seeing the Gaga speculation (for closing ceremonies though, which would make sense, for handover to LA.)

  • Like 1
Posted

Speculation for the teaser of Céline’s Vogue cover also thought it was Ariana, Ga-Ga amongst others at the time…

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Posted
I’d be happy if Gaga is part of the closing as long as Celine gets her big moment at the opening.
  • Like 1
Posted

'Elle approche'

 

I mean why would they say something like this if it's anyone but not Celine?!

 

It's been weeks now since everything is about Celine performing at the Olympics, journalists, tv programs, interviews etc.

 

I can't imagine 'elle approche' for anyone other than Celine.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 2
Posted

Speculation for the teaser of Céline’s Vogue cover also thought it was Ariana, Ga-Ga amongst others at the time…

 

Yes, but the vogue one we could tell it was Celine by her legs lol….

This is some form of armor , that probably isn’t even said artist under there… just to hype everyone up, it’s basically a mascot.

Posted
« Elle approche » is about a feminime noun, it can the flame (« la flamme ») ou the ceremony itself (« la cérémonie ») 😉
Posted

« Elle approche » is about a feminime noun, it can the flame (« la flamme ») ou the ceremony itself (« la cérémonie »)

 

Yes, I thought it refers to the ceremony as well as it can refer to Céline.

Join the Céline Dion Grεεκ Fan Club on Facebook
Posted

« Elle approche » is about a feminime noun, it can the flame (« la flamme ») ou the ceremony itself (« la cérémonie »)

I thought the same, especially since the flame arrived in Paris today.
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted
It’s a bit frustrating to see so many comments mentioning Gaga… I love her, but I’m really hopeful that Celine will be the one to perform at the opening!

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
I mean, COJO did also reportedly secure rights to La vie en rose, and Gaga has been known to sing that song, in French, so that at least would make more sense than Dua Lipa.
Posted
I have so much hope in this Olympic comeback that I simply cannot think about her not performing. It's a once in a lifetime chance and the setup and build up is all there. She has to be there and it has to be epic and the epitome of grandiose
  • Like 2
Posted

I mean, COJO did also reportedly secure rights to La vie en rose, and Gaga has been known to sing that song, in French, so that at least would make more sense than Dua Lipa.

 

She butchered the living life out of that song… her pronunciation is like nails on a chalkboard

  • Like 1
Posted

She butchered the living life out of that song… her pronunciation is like nails on a chalkboard

 

Yeah, well… A for effort?

Posted

The world is watching France and so I think they will want a competent singer to be representing them as they open the Olympics. If Gaga struggles with things like pronunciation or phrasing, I can’t imagine that she’ll be that person, but maybe for the closing show as the torch is handed over, as someone above says?

 

All of this speculation is maddening!

Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?

Posted

Ugh, it just might be Gaga 😥

 

Everything crossed for Celine

Posted

All French media talk only about Celine and the French singer Aya Nakamura.

 

The tv show “Quotidien” ( a really huge talk show here in France) was still insisting on Céline’s comeback last week when Tony Estanguet was there. He is the head of the organising committee for those games.

He wasn’t saying that Celine would be there but not denying either. He was just smiling and saying it would be a huge and secret surprise.

As well as Amelie Oueda Castera, Minister of sports and Olympic Games. She was asked 3 weeks ago about Celine and answered that they were hoping for Celine to come but she couldn’t say more.

 

So my hope is high.

  • Like 2
Posted
I don't think they will put Gaga to sing a French song for the French Olympics. But I totally see Celine entering the stage as a warrior.
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Now, it's Darth Vader who will perform. :hmm: Lady Gaga, Mylene Farmer ? Please let it be Celine!

 

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

 

It could be Mylene Farmer. She is a big star in France and Europe.

Edited by comingback
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
. Edited by comingback
Posted
According to articles in French media, Mylène Farmer declined the offer to perform at the Olympics.
The best is yet to come...
Posted

How did this Lady Gaga rumor come up all of a sudden?

 

It came up a week or two ago in relation to closing ceremonies. I think from the Entrevue magazine article? (Though I haven't seen the source.)

  • Like 1
Posted
So, I know it was mentioned by someone that Celine could do the closing ceremony instead. Just food for thought, the closing ceremony is August 11 and the vinyl for the I Am: Celine Dion soundtrack comes out August 9. Coincidence?
Tommy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...