comingback Posted July 13, 2024 at 01:49 PM Posted July 13, 2024 at 01:49 PM Celine on a flight to Paris? Quote
ryba Posted July 13, 2024 at 02:31 PM Posted July 13, 2024 at 02:31 PM https://www.tiktok.c...nyPg0op0th&_r=1 Celine on a flight to Paris?that is not Celine! also, she would take her private plane and not sit among random passangers 3 Quote
ryba Posted July 13, 2024 at 02:37 PM Posted July 13, 2024 at 02:37 PM Céline herself said that it wasn’t caused by something in particular but rather “in [her] DNA”, she was always going to have it. Obviously, no one really knows and Céline isn’t a doctor, but she and her doctors are the best informed people on her particular case and our only reliable source.if I’m not mistaken Celine actually never really said this. It was Hoda who said it before their interview aired. Quote
Jeanette Posted July 13, 2024 at 02:52 PM Posted July 13, 2024 at 02:52 PM if I’m not mistaken Celine actually never really said this. It was Hoda who said it before their interview aired. She didn’t say it in the Hoda interview but for sure said something about her DNA had already decided this disease for her, when she was asked during the Canadian interview, if she thought the losses she’s had and carrying on with the “The Show Must Go On” mantra may have triggered this or at least exasperated things. Quote
stone Posted July 13, 2024 at 03:16 PM Posted July 13, 2024 at 03:16 PM I’m thinking she could just mime to the AMA’s performance, if the song is indeed L’Hymne A L’Amour and then we still won’t get a feel for where her voice is at, at this moment. I know that performance was not without it’s faults but some of it was amazing and I’m sure they could polish up the high belts where her voice was cracking. I hope I’m wrong 😑 She was flarp and cracked a few times…this is definitely a hard no lol 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 13, 2024 at 03:44 PM Posted July 13, 2024 at 03:44 PM This is pretty standard for major global media events. Most artists would kill for this kind of exposure and free marketing. Olympic headliners don’t get paid much like Super Bowl halftime show performers don’t get paid. The NFL (or in this case COJO) cover production costs like staging, lighting, etc, but performers themselves don’t get a fee. If you wanna make the big bucks, seems you gotta go perform at an Indian wedding! 🤭 (Like, seriously, is there any A-Lister who wasn’t invited to perform or show up at that thing? I see even Law is there now!) Celine got paid for Atlanta and then donated the money to the Canadian athletes. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
salsacolin Posted July 13, 2024 at 05:13 PM Posted July 13, 2024 at 05:13 PM that is not Celine! also, she would take her private plane and not sit among random passangers Yeah and even if she didn’t take her own jet no way she would be in economy 😂 1 Quote I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........ Glasgow SECC, November 1996Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008Birmingham NIA - 10 May 2008Nice, France - 5 July 2008
stone Posted July 13, 2024 at 06:14 PM Posted July 13, 2024 at 06:14 PM Celine got paid for Atlanta and then donated the money to the Canadian athletes. I definitely think any host city, but more so especially Paris, will provide her everything she wants and needs to have her appear! Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 13, 2024 at 06:27 PM Posted July 13, 2024 at 06:27 PM I definitely think any host city, but more so especially Paris, will provide her everything she wants and needs to have her appear! I was just making the point that artists do get paid for their appearance. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
scielle Posted July 13, 2024 at 07:14 PM Author Posted July 13, 2024 at 07:14 PM I was just making the point that artists do get paid for their appearance. Maybe in Atlanta, I don’t know what customary arrangements were back then, but not in Paris. “Contrary to some media reports, the music artists who will be appearing at the Paris 2024 Games Ceremonies will not be paid a fee for their services.”https://press.paris2024.org/news/statement-on-the-fee-of-the-music-artists-who-will-be-appearing-at-the-paris-2024-games-ceremonies-8e9d-7578a.html The only artist who ever got paid for the Super Bowl halftime show was MJ in ‘93. Quote
scielle Posted July 14, 2024 at 01:21 PM Author Posted July 14, 2024 at 01:21 PM Happy Bastille Day to the French! I suppose today’s festivities in Paris are somewhat of a dress rehearsal.And it’s starting to feel Olympic even here in NYC. Olympic rings went up in my neighborhood (near the Oculus) a couple days ago. Think NBC is going to broadcast in some public spaces, plus pretty cool they’ll have it in AMC theaters and on IMAX. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted July 14, 2024 at 01:24 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 01:24 PM Happy Bastille Day to the French! I suppose today’s festivities in Paris are somewhat of a dress rehearsal.And it’s starting to feel Olympic even here in NYC. Olympic rings went up in my neighborhood (near the Oculus) a couple days ago. Think NBC is going to broadcast in some public spaces, plus pretty cool they’ll have it in AMC theaters and on IMAX. Come on, let’s see Celine in Paris this week!? At the same time I hope she stays hidden. But the cats literally out the bag already, isn’t it? Quote
LukeD Posted July 14, 2024 at 02:24 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 02:24 PM I know this will come off as wishful thinking but I will not be surprised if we get the following:Performance at the Olympics (July 2024)New French Album (August 2024 - 8 years after EUS)Some promotion while she is in France (August 2024)Vegas residency announcement (at some point in Autumn)It just doesn't sit well with me to do a Vegas announcement/residency without releasing a French album first. It's been so long! And it feels ''out of character''. Quote
Nmj Posted July 14, 2024 at 02:30 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 02:30 PM I know this will come off as wishful thinking but I will not be surprised if we get the following:Performance at the Olympics (July 2024)New French Album (August 2024 - 8 years after EUS)Some promotion while she is in France (August 2024)Vegas residency announcement (at some point in Autumn)It just doesn't sit well with me to do a Vegas announcement/residency without releasing a French album first. It's been so long! And it feels ''out of character''. I hear you, but I’d bet money the Vegas announcement comes before any albums. Maybe a new single comes with it but I doubt any album until after she’s back on stage. Quote
scielle Posted July 14, 2024 at 02:59 PM Author Posted July 14, 2024 at 02:59 PM Recording an album should theoretically be easier than sustaining regular shows so I wouldn’t be surprised if an LP comes before a residency.That said, her performing career is what brings in the money, so from a purely business perspective, that would make far more sense than recording. 2 Quote
Nmj Posted July 14, 2024 at 03:17 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 03:17 PM I wouldn’t be surprised if an LP comes before a residency.That said, her performing career is what brings in the money. And her performing career is what brings her the most joy. I think Celine could live the rest of her days without missing recording new music; but wouldn’t want to stop live performances. 3 Quote
Céline RO Posted July 14, 2024 at 03:28 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 03:28 PM And her performing career is what brings her the most joy. I think Celine could live the rest of her days without missing recording new music; but wouldn’t want to stop live performances. Exactly. And personally, as a fan, I feel the same. I could go the rest of my life easily without her recording any new music, but it would be much harder to cope without live performances. She’s got more than enough great songs already, and it’s on stage where she truly shines - where the magic happens. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Nmj Posted July 14, 2024 at 03:45 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 03:45 PM Exactly. And personally, as a fan, I feel the same. I could go the rest of my life easily without her recording any new music, but it would be much harder to cope without live performances. She’s got more than enough great songs already, and it’s on stage where she truly shines - where the magic happens. I’d miss the new albums, but I believe she wouldn’t. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 14, 2024 at 04:02 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 04:02 PM Yeah I to would miss seeing her live more than her releasing new music. She has so many songs of her own that she’s never sung live yet or hasn’t sung in years. 3 Quote
smw Posted July 14, 2024 at 05:49 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 05:49 PM As far as recording new music, I'd be happy if she just had a few more big moments. Like a Bond song. And release a new song in English and French every now and then instead of entire albums. I hope we do get some rarities officially released. Like anniversary versions of her biggest albums with extra tracks. A re-release These Are Special Times, for instance, with new Christmas songs (Winter Song, etc.) would be wonderful and give that album a new boost. And it'd be great if more of her live performances were released, where she's in top form. 1 Quote
isurrender Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:04 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:04 PM I would think that Vegas residency will be announced right after the Olympics, so that sales can benefit of the WW buzz... But as TC has no marketing sense... Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:07 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:07 PM (edited) I would think that Vegas residency will be announced right after the Olympics, so that sales can benefit of the WW buzz... But as TC has no marketing sense... Let’s give Celine’s new management time to make the changes… you are referring to the old team. We are yet to see what the new management will do. This year they have been spot on so far… Kev x Edited July 14, 2024 at 06:07 PM by Peppercorn1991 2 Quote
comingback Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:17 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:17 PM (edited) I think a French album is on the way. Didn't she meet J. Veneruso in the studio in June ( he posted a tweet about the docu)? So maybe an Olympic performance + album promo? Edited July 14, 2024 at 06:19 PM by comingback 2 Quote
scielle Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:22 PM Author Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:22 PM (edited) Um… Team Canada is now fanning the Olympic rumour flame:https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9aXya5urVE/?igsh=MTRqdW1waDU4ZzV0MA== Edited July 14, 2024 at 06:41 PM by scielle 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:22 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:22 PM This new team seem on the ball… I just wish they would take over her socials too. Quote
mirage Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:23 PM Posted July 14, 2024 at 06:23 PM I don't know if I can do without new music. I would love if she made albums just because of the love for music, not because of the selling aspect. Just some EPs in every different genre she loves. Also because the last years I find her setlists quite boring. So I rather see some one off performances here and there where she blows the audience away. Like Hymne A L'Amour, or A Change Is Gonna Come. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 5 Quote
scielle Posted July 14, 2024 at 07:33 PM Author Posted July 14, 2024 at 07:33 PM (edited) Olympic flame at l’Olympia 🙂Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetUm… Team Canada is now fanning the Olympic rumour flame:https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9aXya5urVE/?igsh=MTRqdW1waDU4ZzV0MA== P.S. I always love seeing this stuff from our athletes, especially now, since most of them weren’t even born when Celine was at her commercial peak, yet they still consider her Queen. Just timeless.https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9aR43JNxVM/?igsh=dWhkZXQxM3VzOHp3 Edited July 14, 2024 at 07:48 PM by scielle 2 Quote
scielle Posted July 15, 2024 at 03:27 PM Author Posted July 15, 2024 at 03:27 PM (edited) Um… Team Canada is now fanning the Olympic rumour flame:https://www.instagra...W1waDU4ZzV0MA== ... and now the government is getting in on the fun with some Power of the Dream lyrics -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited July 15, 2024 at 03:46 PM by scielle 4 Quote
Céline RO Posted July 15, 2024 at 04:18 PM Posted July 15, 2024 at 04:18 PM ... and now the government is getting in on the fun with some Power of the Dream lyrics -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Ugh I like the “you”Il discover” lol 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Del Posted July 15, 2024 at 07:41 PM Posted July 15, 2024 at 07:41 PM It certainly can’t all be coincidence that there’s been hints here, there and everywhere. 2 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.