mirage Posted July 20, 2024 at 06:08 AM Posted July 20, 2024 at 06:08 AM Latest rumor I’ve heard on the Celine front… is Celine is already in Paris as of today, and some form of “announcement” is set for Monday, we shall see but I doubt that the second part of that statement but it’s the rumor.All these rumors also from members who won't post regularly. It's exciting but I also take it with a grain of salt. (Sorry guys) A part of me is so afraid to get disappointed next Friday. And there is a part that can't wait to see this comeback to happen!! If so it's a well thought through comeback a well deserved one, and I'm getting soooo excited just to think of it. If she's in Paris it will be impossible to get near her hotel I think considering all the security for The Olympics right?Or can you as a 'tourist' still go everywhere in the city? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 1 Quote
mirage Posted July 20, 2024 at 06:41 AM Posted July 20, 2024 at 06:41 AM Also having a hard time believing her team would make these great decisions I'm still in the old era. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Quote
vincentbonvegna Posted July 20, 2024 at 07:56 AM Posted July 20, 2024 at 07:56 AM All these rumors also from members who won't post regularly. It's exciting but I also take it with a grain of salt. (Sorry guys) A part of me is so afraid to get disappointed next Friday. And there is a part that can't wait to see this comeback to happen!! If so it's a well thought through comeback a well deserved one, and I'm getting soooo excited just to think of it. If she's in Paris it will be impossible to get near her hotel I think considering all the security for The Olympics right?Or can you as a 'tourist' still go everywhere in the city? Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Living there, I swear it’s super hard to cross what they call « the grey zone » even if you’re working in the area. You need a QR code with an authorization of your job.It’s super warm and most of restaurants and cafes look empty. Feels like Covid era again. 1 Quote
Leanne Posted July 20, 2024 at 09:05 AM Posted July 20, 2024 at 09:05 AM I don't post on this forum as often as I did a few years ago, but I read along almost every day. However, I often can't manage to log in... I hope sooo she will be there and all this rumours and messages feels like an detective game haha. So, I checked the flight tracker yesterday and just now to see if a private jet might land from Las Vegas. I read that almost all private jets land at Le Bourget. But maybe they can't do it in one go and need to refuel somewhere, and I also don't know if all private jets are visible on that app. I actually only see a private jet from Los Angeles arriving today. Quote
No1IrishFan Posted July 20, 2024 at 10:33 AM Posted July 20, 2024 at 10:33 AM I’m not mentally ready for the next week 😂Lord I hope she’s there on Friday 🙏🏼 Quote
scielle Posted July 20, 2024 at 02:47 PM Author Posted July 20, 2024 at 02:47 PM If she was actually staying at one of the major hotels, how can they keep it secret for a week? Too many staff at those places. Are they smuggling her in in a road case through the service elevator? 🙃 2 Quote
comingback Posted July 20, 2024 at 03:00 PM Posted July 20, 2024 at 03:00 PM On this day, 48 years ago. By her own words, the only time Celine wanted to be anything other than a singer.Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet They met in 2016. 2 Quote
scielle Posted July 20, 2024 at 03:01 PM Author Posted July 20, 2024 at 03:01 PM They met in 2016.They met several times, actually. First time was at the Atlanta Olympics. 1 Quote
comingback Posted July 20, 2024 at 03:08 PM Posted July 20, 2024 at 03:08 PM They met several times, actually. First time was at the Atlanta Olympics. in 1996: 1 Quote
MaiconSC Posted July 20, 2024 at 05:41 PM Posted July 20, 2024 at 05:41 PM If she was actually staying at one of the major hotels, how can they keep it secret for a week? Too many staff at those places. Are they smuggling her in in a road case through the service elevator? like she did on LTAL tour lol Quote
RosieBarron Posted July 20, 2024 at 07:14 PM Posted July 20, 2024 at 07:14 PM I wonder if maybe she recorded an official song (in Boston?) and that’s getting released on Mon? I hope that ain’t it and she is indeed making a live appearance… (but not a pre-announced one!) This has been going through my mind every time I read this topic. There is a lot of certainty amoungst some that she will be physically present. She may well be involved but it could be something previously recorded like The Queen's cameo in the 2012 opening ceremony in London. Quote
celinesounds Posted July 20, 2024 at 08:44 PM Posted July 20, 2024 at 08:44 PM This has been going through my mind every time I read this topic. There is a lot of certainty amoungst some that she will be physically present. She may well be involved but it could be something previously recorded like The Queen's cameo in the 2012 opening ceremony in London. Maybe they taped in case she can’t be present for health reasons If she feels ok she goes live if she not they have a previous recorded performance 2 Quote #FREEJAVITO
Nmj Posted July 20, 2024 at 08:58 PM Posted July 20, 2024 at 08:58 PM Maybe they taped in case she can’t be present for health reasons If she feels ok she goes live if she not they have a previous recorded performance No way… there will be over 600k people in attendance it won’t be a video performance.Either she’s there live or not. It could be a single like Scielle said as well, worst case scenario. Quote
kaye2023 Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:19 AM Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:19 AM IF she does perform, how do you guys think it will impact how the general public (not the dedicated fans) perceives her? Of course my/our primary concern is her safety and I do wish her a successful and problem-free performance, that's a given. I have to admit, though, I am concerned and curious how and if it will impact her credibility wrt her condition and image, in light of the overwhelming sympathy her very recent documentary elicited. The docu alone already had a few saying she's exaggerating/performative, or it's exploitative (I disagree with both, but those responses, though not the majority, weren't rare either). Optics-wise, when a docu that comes across as so dire it leaves a lot of viewers in tears is immediately followed up with a high profile and (seemingly) flawless performance, do you think it would lessen sympathy for her, and maybe sow some confusion/doubt as to her actual degree of debilitation/suffering, or none at all? I'm not even talking about the 'misleading' issues the SPS patients have brought up that we've talked about in a different thread, I'm just talking about her own personal case that she's made public. (Not familiar with Nadia Comaneci but WOW, girlfren aged backwards! I was reading the posts in reverse, and I thought that was Claudette in posted 1996 photo lmao and was going "what did she do this time lol...") 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:45 AM Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:45 AM IF she does perform, how do you guys think it will impact how the general public (not the dedicated fans) perceives her? Of course my/our primary concern is her safety and I do wish her a successful and problem-free performance, that's a given. I have to admit, though, I am concerned and curious how and if it will impact her credibility wrt her condition and image, in light of the overwhelming sympathy her very recent documentary elicited. The docu alone already had a few saying she's exaggerating/performative, or it's exploitative (I disagree with both, but those responses, though not the majority, weren't rare either). Optics-wise, when a docu that comes across as so dire it leaves a lot of viewers in tears is immediately followed up with a high profile and (seemingly) flawless performance, do you think it would lessen sympathy for her, and maybe sow some confusion/doubt as to her actual degree of debilitation/suffering, or none at all? I'm not even talking about the 'misleading' issues the SPS patients have brought up that we've talked about in a different thread, I'm just talking about her own personal case that she's made public. (Not familiar with Nadia Comaneci but WOW, girlfren aged backwards! I was reading the posts in reverse, and I thought that was Claudette in posted 1996 photo lmao and was going "what did she do this time lol...") I want people to see how special Céline is, one of a kind. Nothing will stop her. I want people to see that when she says “love can move mountains”, “the best is yet to come” or “the show must go on” she really means it, in spite of anything, and has meant it all along. She achieves what no one else is capable of, because of her strength, drive, and resilience; which makes her unique, it makes her the Céline Dion that we’ve known all along but hopefully more people will now get to see and say “Wow!”. 4 Quote The best is yet to come...
isurrender Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:50 AM Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:50 AM No way… there will be over 600k people in attendance it won’t be a video performance.Either she’s there live or not. It could be a single like Scielle said as well, worst case scenario. "Worst case scenario"? Wouldn't it be the fact she won't be linked at all? I think that to avoid major disappointment people need ot make up their mind that it was all rumors since Day1 and Céline herself hinted ( let's put it that way) she couldn't be there. 3 Quote
smw Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:56 AM Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:56 AM (edited) I want people to see how special Céline is, one of a kind. Nothing will stop her. I want people to see that when she says “love can move mountains”, “the best is yet to come” or “the show must go on” she really means it, in spite of anything, and has meant it all along. She achieves what no one else is capable of, because of her strength, drive, and resilience; which makes her unique, it makes her the Céline Dion that we’ve known all along but hopefully more people will now get to see and say “Wow!”. I’ve thought about this too… How us fans have known for many years how strong and special she is. But it feels like a lot more people are waking up to it. And her performing at the Olympics would further solidify it. After all she’s been through, it would be such an epic way to have a comeback moment. But if she doesn’t perform, I’m still amazed by her and just hearing her sing again in recent interviews was such a gift for us fans. Edited July 21, 2024 at 06:58 AM by smw 1 Quote
Matt96 Posted July 21, 2024 at 07:14 AM Posted July 21, 2024 at 07:14 AM (edited) IF she does perform, how do you guys think it will impact how the general public (not the dedicated fans) perceives her? Of course my/our primary concern is her safety and I do wish her a successful and problem-free performance, that's a given. I have to admit, though, I am concerned and curious how and if it will impact her credibility wrt her condition and image, in light of the overwhelming sympathy her very recent documentary elicited. The docu alone already had a few saying she's exaggerating/performative, or it's exploitative (I disagree with both, but those responses, though not the majority, weren't rare either). Optics-wise, when a docu that comes across as so dire it leaves a lot of viewers in tears is immediately followed up with a high profile and (seemingly) flawless performance, do you think it would lessen sympathy for her, and maybe sow some confusion/doubt as to her actual degree of debilitation/suffering, or none at all? I'm not even talking about the 'misleading' issues the SPS patients have brought up that we've talked about in a different thread, I'm just talking about her own personal case that she's made public. (Not familiar with Nadia Comaneci but WOW, girlfren aged backwards! I was reading the posts in reverse, and I thought that was Claudette in posted 1996 photo lmao and was going "what did she do this time lol...") think the only mistake in the doc was not being clear with the timeline. We know when it was filmed and it was quite a long ago and the condition is now changed but most of people don’t get that and still think she’s at the same point shown in the documentary. So it might be that those not well informed will be kind of disappointed maybe but just because of the absence of a specific timeline Edited July 21, 2024 at 07:21 AM by Matt96 2 Quote
manu23 Posted July 21, 2024 at 08:33 AM Posted July 21, 2024 at 08:33 AM I don’t think that would be the case. People love overcoming adversity stories too. This will be epic (if it happens) and will solidify her icon status even more. 2 Quote
Jeanette Posted July 21, 2024 at 01:12 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 01:12 PM I’m getting more nervous about this, wondering if it will happen at all and if it does I hope for her sake it goes well. No one deserves that more! As I keep saying though, it’s such a big ask of her to put herself right there in front of a global audience of billions and I keep thinking it’s maybe must too tall an order for her at this stage in her journey to returning to the stage but at the same time I’m thinking she never did do anything by halves. I’m thinking back to the tribute to Rene that first night back in Vegas with such a big song that she’d never even performed before with Barbara Streisand’s “Watch Closely Now”, even if by her own admission it went better when she rehearsed it (in her closet 😂) and it wasn’t 100% perfect let’s be honest BUT she had the guts and determination to tackle it, when she could so easily have come out, said a few words and then proceed with the show as normal. So if she is set to appear on Friday and can pull this off, it really would be the comeback of all MF’ing comebacks! And, if it was all just unmerited rumours and was never on the cards then I just wish the organisers had been truthful and said categorically not happening, rather than dangle us fans a carrot for their publicity gains, as we deserve more with all we’ve gone through with the whole situation these past 4 years. 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 21, 2024 at 01:51 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 01:51 PM I’d be shocked if she is not documenting this come back with a camera crew for Paris, the rehearsals/meetings for the Vegas residency etc. 2 Quote
scielle Posted July 21, 2024 at 02:03 PM Author Posted July 21, 2024 at 02:03 PM (edited) Devin Heroux is a CBC Sports reporter. I follow him for all breaking news re Team Canada as he usually has it before anyone else -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet And P.S. Here’s Canada’s women’s soccer team, the reigning Olympic champions. Known for their love of Celine 🙂Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet(You can see Christine Sinclair singing along - the world's all-time leader for international goals scored, for men or women, with 190.) Edited July 21, 2024 at 02:23 PM by scielle 6 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 21, 2024 at 03:46 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 03:46 PM We gotta hear something soon… the wait for confirmation is unbearable! Kev x 1 Quote
comingback Posted July 21, 2024 at 03:52 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 03:52 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Is Celine already in Paris? Quote
Jeanette Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:06 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:06 PM We gotta hear something soon… the wait for confirmation is unbearable! Kev x It’s killing, isn’t it?! 😂 I promised myself I wouldn’t get my hopes up so as not to get disappointed but I can’t help myself. 2 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:10 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:10 PM It’s killing, isn’t it?! 😂 I promised myself I wouldn’t get my hopes up so as not to get disappointed but I can’t help myself. Same! Kev x 1 Quote
lyn Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:14 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:14 PM You guys also refreshing this page constantly eh 😅 6 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
scielle Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:47 PM Author Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:47 PM We gotta hear something soon… the wait for confirmation is unbearable! Kev x Well, hopefully no confirmation until Friday night! 2 Quote
jeff74 Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:59 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 04:59 PM For infoNobody in front of the Royal Monceau Hotel or Ritz HotelLet’s wait Quote
Del Posted July 21, 2024 at 05:38 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 05:38 PM Well, hopefully no confirmation until Friday night! How amazing would it be for them announce her as her silhouette emerges from the stage or wherever they would have her perform. The public in attendance would lose their minds. There would be no bigger musical comeback then this. 2 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.