maikan Posted July 22, 2024 at 10:21 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 10:21 PM I think the organisers just used her name and the possibility of her presence to hype the show but she was never supposed to perform. Celine being such a perfectionnist too, I don't think she'd ever want to perform and it being compared to her 1996 performance which was out of this world. I just hope she's enjoying her summer with her sons and her family. Quote
Nmj Posted July 22, 2024 at 10:24 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 10:24 PM I would’ve denied it, if there were the case just because she hasn’t been onstage in over 5 years . Quote
manu23 Posted July 22, 2024 at 10:31 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 10:31 PM If they really want nobody will know until last minute, like the Grammys. I still think she is performing, and if not, I’d rather be disappointed later in the week than today. 4 Quote
Kayleycrank Posted July 22, 2024 at 10:35 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 10:35 PM Being realistic… why would anyone need to arrive 5 days before a job? They have a 3 hour show to fill, gagas confirmed attendance means nothing. If Céline does perform she may well choose to sing play back as a precaution so would she need the same rehearsal as Gaga? Doubt it If she’s there it will be kept as a surprise 100% 1 Quote
Holborn Posted July 22, 2024 at 10:56 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 10:56 PM I'm not saying that Celine will or won't perform, it's a 50-50 at this point, but Gaga getting spotted is completely irrelevant. If Gaga and her team wanted her to remain a secret -at least for today- they could have easily managed it by making her wear something else. In my opinion (which ofc might be wrong) what Gaga and her team are doing is promo, probably for her upcoming movie and coincidentally the new trailer of said movie is set to debut tomorrow on Tuesday, July 23. Having said that, I find it interesting that today that a member posted that Celine is indeed in Paris -which again might be untrue- suddenly we became way less optimistic and even extremely pessimistic lol.If Celine performs great! If everything was bs then at least we had great discussions, speculations and felt alive after some very rough and sad years. And let's not forget, Celine is creating a new show and she will be back again. Whether we see her in Paris or in LV, at least now we have something positive to expect! 6 Quote
Nmj Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:01 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:01 PM Being realistic… why would anyone need to arrive 5 days before a job? They have a 3 hour show to fill, gagas confirmed attendance means nothing. If Céline does perform she may well choose to sing play back as a precaution so would she need the same rehearsal as Gaga? Doubt it If she’s there it will be kept as a surprise 100% I’m sure she’d want to get adjusted to time change.. and make sure she’s able to do her therapies etc.! Quote
Popular Post manolo19 Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:02 PM Popular Post Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:02 PM Celine has to be there, we are not crazy... The 'I wanna see the Eiffel tower again' comment combined with the Celine / Paris t-shirt are all on purpose. Plus that document from le canard enchaîné...I don't give up on my hope. Gaga will be on the Seine and Celine will be at the Eiffel Tower. It's almost a 4 hours show, there are plenty of acts tableau and performers. Celine will be the main and ultimate. 8 Quote
scielle Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:22 PM Author Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:22 PM It's almost a 4 hours show, there are plenty of acts tableau and performers.Especially with this ceremony, which has to keep paying audiences entertained all along the parade route. Ticket prices are EUR 90/250/500/900/1,600/2,700. If you paid that kind of money and all you got was a parade of athletes while watching the rest of the show on a screen, I’d venture to say you wouldn’t be too pleased. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:24 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:24 PM Especially with this ceremony, which has to keep paying audiences entertained all along the parade route. Ticket prices are EUR 90/250/500/900/1,600/2,700. If you paid that kind of money and all you got was a parade of athletes while watching the rest of the show on a screen, I’d venture to say you wouldn’t be too pleased. What time EST does the opening ceremony start? Quote
scielle Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:27 PM Author Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:27 PM (edited) What time EST does the opening ceremony start?20:24 Paris time, subtract 6. (Broadcasts start about an hour before that though.) Edited July 22, 2024 at 11:41 PM by scielle 1 Quote
stone Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:51 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:51 PM I find it hilarious everyone’s defeated after a confirmed Lady Gaga in Paris…. They have SEVERAL performers and not one has been announced. It’s also in Paris, France and you know there will be several French speaking performers, artists, as well as songs. A Jacques Brel song possibly, JJG, Mylène Farmer etc…. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:00 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:00 AM I find it hilarious everyone’s defeated after a confirmed Lady Gaga in Paris…. They have SEVERAL performers and not one has been announced. It’s also in Paris, France and you know there will be several French speaking performers, artists, as well as songs. A Jacques Brel song possibly, JJG, Mylène Farmer etc…. Just spill the beans already… what was she doing in the Boston studio? 1 Quote
incognito Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:02 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:02 AM We’re all insane. 7 Quote
Nmj Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:03 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:03 AM We’re all insane. The first part of getting help, is acceptance. 5 Quote
scielle Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:05 AM Author Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:05 AM (edited) I find it hilarious everyone’s defeated after a confirmed Lady Gaga in Paris…. They have SEVERAL performers and not one has been announced. It’s also in Paris, France and you know there will be several French speaking performers, artists, as well as songs. A Jacques Brel song possibly, JJG, Mylène Farmer etc….Exactly. I fail to see how Gaga’s presence has anything to do with Céline.I hope we get a bit of all that you mention, plus I personally would love some Stromae. And hopefully we get to hear some of the great French composers. That parade of athletes has a lot of musical room to fill. Edited July 23, 2024 at 12:07 AM by scielle 4 Quote
scielle Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:08 AM Author Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:08 AM We’re all insane.Oh but ain’t it such sweet torture?! 1 Quote
Nmj Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:30 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:30 AM (edited) Exactly. I fail to see how Gaga’s presence has anything to do with Céline.I hope we get a bit of all that you mention, plus I personally would love some Stromae. And hopefully we get to hear some of the great French composers. That parade of athletes has a lot of musical room to fill. I think some people are losing hope with the Gaga appearance because… 1. She’s a big name that kinda just started circulating fairly recent. And 2. She’s been seen rehearsing… and Celine hasn’t. I agree it doesn’t mean much but I think that’s people’s line of thought. However, I don’t think there’s a way Celine could stay hidden until Friday if she’s there. Edited July 23, 2024 at 12:30 AM by Nmj Quote
lyn Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:42 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 12:42 AM We're all insane. And proud of it!!! 1 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
idroveallnight Posted July 23, 2024 at 01:52 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 01:52 AM Celine has to be there, we are not crazy... The 'I wanna see the Eiffel tower again' comment combined with the Celine / Paris t-shirt are all on purpose. Plus that document from le canard enchaîné...I don't give up on my hope. Gaga will be on the Seine and Celine will be at the Eiffel Tower. It's almost a 4 hours show, there are plenty of acts tableau and performers. Celine will be the main and ultimate. Agree with this. And she did her first interview with NBC which broadcasts the Olympics. And Kelly Clarkson is hosting and she was at Celine’s NYC doc premiere. So even if Celine doesn’t perform, maybe she will give a spoken word or help light the Olympic torch. I think she’ll be involved in some way especially after making a splash on the hockey scene these last few months. 1 Quote
MaiconSC Posted July 23, 2024 at 02:00 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 02:00 AM Celine can easily rehearse inside the hotel, with marks on the floor to know where and how to move... 1 Quote
manolo19 Posted July 23, 2024 at 03:15 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 03:15 AM It's driving me nuts, I just want a new hint she's there hehe 4 Quote
Remon Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:15 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:15 AM Let’s wait and see who’s flying in from Vegas to Le Bourget today… I haven’t given up yet. 🤞🏻 Quote
LukeD Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:43 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:43 AM (edited) I think it makes sense nothing has been officially announced. Besides the fact that not all performers have been announced, Celine deals with SPS. It might be the case that she does not want a definite announcement to reach out to the public just in case she is unable to perform last minute. I am sure all organisers would factor her condition when inviting her to events. Further to this, seeing how strategically planned the comeback has been so far, plus all the hints we got AND how she deflected when asked about the Olympics at the IACD premiere, I still think we are up for an appearance. I just feel it. Oh and I should also say that I never thought she would appear at the Met Gala. Did not care about it either. So my instinct has been good so far. Edited July 23, 2024 at 06:45 AM by LukeD 1 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:50 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:50 AM The Red Heads just posted, “Tic Tac Tic Tac.” What the heck does that mean? LOL Quote
incognito Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:54 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:54 AM The Red Heads just posted, “Tic Tac Tic Tac.” What the heck does that mean? LOL They misheard the sound of a clock. 5 Quote
LukeD Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:55 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:55 AM The Red Heads just posted, "Tic Tac Tic Tac." What the heck does that mean? LOLSounds like a countdown. Probably they imply we are couting minutes or hours for Celine's arrival in Paris. Quote
LukeD Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:57 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 06:57 AM (edited) Have the Red Heads ever been wrong? I do not think they have. Edited July 23, 2024 at 06:58 AM by LukeD 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 23, 2024 at 07:04 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 07:04 AM In recent years they have been wrong a few times but I guess they are thinking Céline is on this jet from Vegas to Paris which is currently off the coast of the mother land at the minute. Quote
Jeanette Posted July 23, 2024 at 07:14 AM Posted July 23, 2024 at 07:14 AM She’s already in Paris, no wait, she’s currently on a private jet on her way…so which is it?! We’re back at square one, nothing more than speculation unfortunately. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.