Nmj Posted July 21, 2024 at 05:40 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 05:40 PM For infoNobody in front of the Royal Monceau Hotel or Ritz HotelLet’s wait Are the paps on vacation? Quote
mirage Posted July 21, 2024 at 05:42 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 05:42 PM Well, hopefully no confirmation until Friday night!A part of me wants it to be the biggest surprise ever.Can you imagine the outburst when she suddenly appears on stage? And a part of me needs to know, I can't handle the anticipation and her maybe not showing up. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 1 Quote
comingback Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:11 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:11 PM (edited) Come on. They can't hide her until Friday. There will be a show rehearsal etc.. Edited July 21, 2024 at 06:12 PM by comingback Quote
scielle Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:20 PM Author Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:20 PM How amazing would it be for them announce her as her silhouette emerges from the stage or wherever they would have her perform. The public in attendance would lose their minds. There would be no bigger musical comeback then this.Well, keep in mind the public aren’t fans at a Céline concert who know every word to her songs. They’re Olympics fans from all over the world who were willing to fork over up to $3k per ticket… so there’s that to consider. Quote
scielle Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:23 PM Author Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:23 PM Come on. They can't hide her until Friday. There will be a show rehearsal etc..All the rehearsals have been happening at secret places around Paris. There’s no dress rehearsal on the Seine except for the boat parade. Quote
Dealhyeur Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:53 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 06:53 PM The president of Paris 2024 was on French national television. The presenter asked him if Céline would be present at the opening ceremony. He didn't answer, as he always does... 1 Quote
ewh12 Posted July 21, 2024 at 07:46 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 07:46 PM Probably everyone whos even remotely close to Céline has signed an NDA and knowing how loyal her team is, I guess we won't find out until they want us to. lol 1 Quote
Del Posted July 21, 2024 at 09:36 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 09:36 PM Well, keep in mind the public aren't fans at a Céline concert who know every word to her songs. They're Olympics fans from all over the world who were willing to fork over up to $3k per ticket… so there's that to consider.Oh absolutely, but I would imagine that there’s enough admiration and respect for her in the public after all these years that every if weren’t fans like us they’d be happy to see her. That said I’m not expecting a thunderous screaming match as if we were at one of her concerts from the public. 1 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
incognito Posted July 21, 2024 at 09:43 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 09:43 PM Aren’t a lot of areas surrounding the Seine closing down as of this weekend? They could be rehearsing anyway out in public and we wouldn’t know. Quote
scielle Posted July 21, 2024 at 10:01 PM Author Posted July 21, 2024 at 10:01 PM (edited) Aren’t a lot of areas surrounding the Seine closing down as of this weekend? They could be rehearsing anyway out in public and we wouldn’t know.Yes, but plenty of people live and work in these areas. Hotels and restaurants in these zones remain open, you just need a security pass to get through (and you could apply for one if you e.g. live there or had a reservation at one of those businesses). So any rehearsals would be out in the open, plus the creative team behind the ceremony have said outright that there is no dress rehearsal. First time it’s all coming together is the actual event. (See their presser yesterday.) Edited July 21, 2024 at 10:05 PM by scielle Quote
Nmj Posted July 21, 2024 at 10:27 PM Posted July 21, 2024 at 10:27 PM Well let’s see if the rumors have any truth to them and whether or not we hear any announcement or info from Celine tomorrow. Quote
Cuchi Posted July 22, 2024 at 08:13 AM Posted July 22, 2024 at 08:13 AM (edited) Delete Edited July 22, 2024 at 08:25 AM by Cuchi Quote
Cuchi Posted July 22, 2024 at 08:23 AM Posted July 22, 2024 at 08:23 AM (edited) https://abcnews.go.c...uring-112125537 Of course not a confirmation of any sorts, however this is interesting from the ceremony artistic director Jolly: 'The mystery has prompted much speculation, with some of the most audacious theories positing the use of submarines in the Seine and performances by pop stars such as Celine Dion, Lady Gaga and French-Malian singer Aya Nakamura.“I’ll be fired if I tell you anything,” Jolly says with a cheeky laugh. “All I can tell you is that it will be very meaningful for the artists that will perform.” It would indeed be very meaningful for any artist who will perform, but I feel it's even more so relevant and particular for Celine. Edited July 22, 2024 at 08:27 AM by Cuchi 3 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 22, 2024 at 09:57 AM Posted July 22, 2024 at 09:57 AM I’m off to Paris on Thursday 3 Quote
scielle Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:18 AM Author Posted July 22, 2024 at 11:18 AM (edited) Well, journalists aren’t letting this go -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited July 22, 2024 at 11:19 AM by scielle Quote
Nmj Posted July 22, 2024 at 12:25 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 12:25 PM I’m off to Paris on Thursday If someone finds her, it’ll be you LOL. 1 Quote
comingback Posted July 22, 2024 at 01:51 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 01:51 PM (edited) Can't wait.... Edited July 22, 2024 at 01:58 PM by comingback 3 Quote
binsk Posted July 22, 2024 at 02:03 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 02:03 PM I’m off to Paris on Thursday Really? Even without any confirmation she’s actually there? 1 Quote -RK
Jeanette Posted July 22, 2024 at 02:32 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 02:32 PM (edited) I think the rumours around her seem to be winding down a bit and what happened to rumour has it something would be revealed today? I honestly don’t see this happening guys, it was a long shot anyway and I’ve let myself be swept along with it, after promising myself I wouldn’t. I’ll say it one last time, if she’s there it will be epic but a miracle of sorts also. Edited July 22, 2024 at 02:33 PM by Jeanette Quote
No1IrishFan Posted July 22, 2024 at 02:44 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 02:44 PM I think the rumours around her seem to be winding down a bit and what happened to rumour has it something would be revealed today? I honestly don’t see this happening guys, it was a long shot anyway and I’ve let myself be swept along with it, after promising myself I wouldn’t. I’ll say it one last time, if she’s there it will be epic but a miracle of sorts also. As it gets closer I’m also thinking the same as you. If she were going there would be a sign somewhere by this point. I really hope I’m wrong but I’m not setting myself up for a disappointment either. Quote
comingback Posted July 22, 2024 at 02:45 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 02:45 PM (edited) I think the rumours around her seem to be winding down a bit and what happened to rumour has it something would be revealed today? I honestly don't see this happening guys, it was a long shot anyway and I've let myself be swept along with it, after promising myself I wouldn't. I'll say it one last time, if she's there it will be epic but a miracle of sorts also. She will be a surprise act. Let's wait and see... Edited July 22, 2024 at 02:51 PM by comingback Quote
Nmj Posted July 22, 2024 at 03:08 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 03:08 PM I think the rumours around her seem to be winding down a bit and what happened to rumour has it something would be revealed today? I honestly don’t see this happening guys, it was a long shot anyway and I’ve let myself be swept along with it, after promising myself I wouldn’t. I’ll say it one last time, if she’s there it will be epic but a miracle of sorts also. The rumors are as strong as ever. Only more fuel in recent days and weeks. Clearly she’s staying hidden if she’s there so I wouldn’t worry yet… but anything is possible ofc. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 22, 2024 at 03:56 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 03:56 PM Really? Even without any confirmation she’s actually there? I have a Eurostar voucher that’s expiring soon so why not, if she’s there amazing and if not it’s no biggie 1 Quote
felicia Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:01 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:01 PM 😕 https://x.com/21metgala/status/1815402346739863645?s=46&t=7i526mzPjJWGeqZlh2m0xg Quote Looking for Celine gifs ? check my channel https://giphy.com/ch...inediongifmaker
manu23 Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:07 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:07 PM (edited) 😕 https://x.com/21metgala/status/1815402346739863645?s=46&t=7i526mzPjJWGeqZlh2m0xg Really?! Could it be she needs to rehearse now for the closing ceremony too before the games start? I guess it was too good to be true 🙁 Edited July 22, 2024 at 04:09 PM by manu23 Quote
stevo Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:14 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:14 PM If it turns out that Celine isn’t there, we really have to all go to therapy to find the deep rooted reason why we continue to torture ourselves. 5 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:15 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:15 PM Isn’t there usually more than one artist who performs? I thought a few people sang in the U.K. 2012 Olympics. Question: why has she gone so quiet currently? Near radio silence. Kev x Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:18 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:18 PM Calm before the media storm Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:36 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:36 PM Calm before the media storm Do you know something? 😝 Kev x Quote
comingback Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:41 PM Posted July 22, 2024 at 04:41 PM (edited) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifyz98_eWd4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGesTnp-lc Edited July 22, 2024 at 04:50 PM by comingback Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.