stevo Posted July 26, 2024 at 11:57 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 11:57 PM I totally agree! Glad to see I'm not alone here being dissapointed... the bun, the Piaf's song itself, the obvious lipping... meh. *Did you watch the documentary? Isn’t the fact that she can stand up on the Eiffel Tower enough? 4 Quote
Critiaslux Posted July 26, 2024 at 11:58 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 11:58 PM (edited) https://amp.theguard...-paris-olympics https://amp.cnn.com/...pic-games-paris https://www.bbc.co.u...gerkx08dw0o.amp Just read that BBC recap just as a reminder of where we're at. I'm so happy for her right now. Indeed. Thanks. As a reminder in the BBC article: best-selling French album of all timemost successful residency of all timemost successful Amazon Prime documentary of all time Edited July 27, 2024 at 12:02 AM by Critiaslux 4 Quote
meandmrjones Posted July 26, 2024 at 11:58 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 11:58 PM I totally agree! Glad to see I'm not alone here being dissapointed... the bun, the Piaf's song itself, the obvious lipping... meh.Go and be dissapointed somwhere else 6 Quote
Rossum89 Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:09 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:09 AM Go and be dissapointed somwhere else The way I screamed 1 Quote http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3003/newconcertdvddesign3.jpgCredit goes to Timster for the great pic! Celine Dion - Let's Talk About Love World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 22, 1998my very first concert...Celine Dion - Taking Chances World Tour - Boston, Massachusetts - August 13, 2008front row at the end of the catwalk... http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_me-a.png http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/follow_us-c.png
rpopowski Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:09 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:09 AM (edited) This clip shows a few more seconds of Celine at the end that didn't get shown in the main performance broadcast:https://x.com/elisae...988621347729742 Edited July 27, 2024 at 12:10 AM by rpopowski 5 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:16 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:16 AM (edited) *Did you watch the documentary? Isn’t the fact that she can stand up on the Eiffel Tower enough? Some people you can never make happy Edited July 27, 2024 at 12:20 AM by KyleVan41 3 Quote
blueblazers90 Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:17 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:17 AM Here’s my thought… she was amazing! She has been training her body for this moment for so long! Yes she had a bun, yes it was lipped, but regardless we would have begged for this moment just a year ago during the silence. Just appreciate and be happy. 4 Quote
Nmj Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:18 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:18 AM LookAt this Stunna https://www.instagram.com/p/C959saZxZUj/?igsh=MW00YXZoeXJvMzhmaw== 6 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:23 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:23 AM (edited) Go and be dissapointed somwhere elseWhat about the art of respecting other people's opinions? LookAt this Stunna https://www.instagram.com/p/C959saZxZUj/?igsh=MW00YXZoeXJvMzhmaw==The outfit and her makeup are spot on!!! Edited July 27, 2024 at 12:25 AM by GoldenLeaf Quote
Popular Post remykyes Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:24 AM Popular Post Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:24 AM A few things: - The hair and dress were on point. The hair was incredibly classy and the dress was stunning.- Prerecorded or not, the fact that Celine was able to stand on the Eiffel Tower and sing after all she’s been through for the past 17 years is remarkable. Those of you who are disappointed need to see yourselves out. If you can’t understand what that woman went through, what she did not only for herself but for US to make tonight happen… the fact that some of you still find things to complain about is disgraceful.- Tonight was emotional and amazing and completely worth the wait. I don’t think any of us can be anything but proud of our Queen. She has retaken her throne and I for one couldn’t be happier. 17 Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
Popular Post Nmj Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:26 AM Popular Post Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:26 AM (edited) STUNNER Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited July 27, 2024 at 12:29 AM by Nmj 8 Quote
meandmrjones Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:29 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:29 AM What about the art of respecting other people's opinions? Oh I respect your opinion.Just wanted to give you an advice to leave and stop destroying this beautiful moment. Sometimes it's really better to stay quiet. 2 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:30 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:30 AM (edited) That is literally the best photo of her I have ever seen Edited July 27, 2024 at 12:30 AM by KyleVan41 4 Quote
Nmj Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:30 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:30 AM That is literally the best photo of her I have ever seen Looks AMAZING!! Quote
meandmrjones Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:33 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:33 AM almost 500k views in just three hours. 3 Quote
Popular Post stevo Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:36 AM Popular Post Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:36 AM “There may have been better moments in the meandering history of opening ceremony entertainment than Céline Dion halfway up the Eiffel Tower, just below the Olympic rings, lights cascading, 56 years old but an absolute sonic force, belting out a jaw-dropping rendition of Édith Piaf’s Hymne à l’amour.But, well, none spring to mind right now. Sport: never over ’til it’s over. Hardest game in the world, Vegas-style big ticket showmanship. But what a way to rescue the night.And make no mistake, this needed rescuing. It needed Céline rising from the bench to overhead scissor-volley those final five minutes into the net. Because to that point, well, it certainly didn’t look like this in the catalogue. 10 Quote
Popular Post MaiconSC Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:37 AM Popular Post Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:37 AM (edited) I have no words to describe today... This has to be her best ever playback performance, 'cause the vocals are RAW, untouched, sounded 100% live.... she may have recorded it very recently... even in this week on Paris... she did an amazing job, because it looked like she was singing LIVE for real... there are even little flaws in it... PERFECT... that beeing said, I DON'T GIVE A f*** it's playback... it was PERFECT... the best moment of the entire ceremony... she was AMAZING... beautiful dress, perfect make up, even the bun was gorgeous... today I'm the happiest fan in the world... and I'm thankful for her strenght, and force to overcome her illness... SHE IS A FIGHTER, SHE IS BRAVE, WE ARE NOT WORTHY OF HER... and seems that everyone in the world is praising her now... this is a milestone in her carreer.... I wish that she feels over the moon with this... God I love her so much... I'm still in awe... Edited July 27, 2024 at 12:43 AM by MaiconSC 11 Quote
celinish98 Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:39 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:39 AM I'm so happy about all the coverage and love she's getting from celebs and the media. Her insta is doing a great job circulating it too. She's looking great in her latest post - shinning bright like a diamond, as she'd say. 7 Quote
Popular Post Critiaslux Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:39 AM Popular Post Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:39 AM (edited) As some others said: Céline took home for Québec/Canada the first Gold Medal of the 2024 Paris Olympics Edited July 27, 2024 at 12:39 AM by Critiaslux 8 Quote
tshlw Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:40 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:40 AM MOMENT Fans tear up while watching Celine Dion at Olympics opening ceremony 7 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
Taking Chances Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:42 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:42 AM STUNNER Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet She looked incredibly gorgeous, and she sounded AMAZING! It's really lovely to see her like this again, and I'm so excited about whatever is next for her. 3 Quote
CourageProject Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:46 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:46 AM Is it just me or is her eye makeup too much? It's kind of taking away from the performance. The bun needed to go. Would have looked classier in open hair. But keeping the stylists' incompetence aside, the performance itself was breathtaking, what an amazing view! I really want to see some phone recorded videos of it so I can hear the audience 1 Quote
superstar85ca Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:49 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:49 AM I am loving the new and improved social media presence Celine has now!! Tons of photos and updates. About time! 7 Quote
incognito Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:50 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:50 AM The Vital Vegas numpty is back to talking his trash on twitter. He’s been so wrong for weeks and he just can’t handle it. He’s a t.w@t. 2 Quote
superstar85ca Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:51 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:51 AM Is it just me or is her eye makeup too much? It's kind of taking away from the performance. The bun needed to go. Would have looked classier in open hair. But keeping the stylists' incompetence aside, the performance itself was breathtaking, what an amazing view! I really want to see some phone recorded videos of it so I can hear the audience I have to respectfully disagree about the makeup. It is a HUGE deal so a dramatic look was needed. Plus having all the cameras on her, lights etc. She needed to kick it up a notch, which she did. She looked like the legend that she is. 3 Quote
Nmj Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:51 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 12:51 AM Is it just me or is her eye makeup too much? It's kind of taking away from the performance. The bun needed to go. Would have looked classier in open hair. But keeping the stylists' incompetence aside, the performance itself was breathtaking, what an amazing view! I really want to see some phone recorded videos of it so I can hear the audience The stylists knocked it out of the park! 2 Quote
Popular Post Nmj Posted July 27, 2024 at 01:02 AM Popular Post Posted July 27, 2024 at 01:02 AM (edited) Celine’s Instagram is full of love from celebs… Gloria Estefan, Rosie, Deborah Cox, Kim Kardashian, Tyra Banks, Linda Thompson, Diane Warren, Gwen Stefani, Jennifer Hudson… just to name a few! Edited July 27, 2024 at 01:04 AM by Nmj 11 Quote
ewh12 Posted July 27, 2024 at 01:09 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 01:09 AM (edited) Is it just me or is her eye makeup too much? It's kind of taking away from the performance. The bun needed to go. Would have looked classier in open hair. But keeping the stylists' incompetence aside, the performance itself was breathtaking, what an amazing view! I really want to see some phone recorded videos of it so I can hear the audience I see Sofia Tilbury, Charlotte Tillbury’s niece did her makeup since the team shared her story on IG Edited July 27, 2024 at 01:09 AM by ewh12 1 Quote
Nmj Posted July 27, 2024 at 01:09 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 01:09 AM I see Charlotte Tillbury did her makeup since the team shared her story on IG And she said more BTS to come! 1 Quote
fikus1 Posted July 27, 2024 at 01:33 AM Posted July 27, 2024 at 01:33 AM Go and be dissapointed somwhere else Near, far, wherever you are, I love you for this answer 😍🫶 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.