superstar85ca Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:01 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:01 PM That was fan -fu#@ing -tastic. Oh my God Celine, you absolutely killed it. Beautiful majestic, glorious, I'm so proud. I wouldn't change a thing. 5 Quote
marc-02 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:01 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:01 PM Finally we have a proper and beautiful version of this song, and no longer that horrible of a version she did at the AMAs. 3 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:01 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:01 PM Wowowowowowowowow Quote
idroveallnight Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:02 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:02 PM Just rewatched it and it was fkn amazing. Lipping not obvious. Only people who messed up are God for the rain and the producers for not waterproofing those cameras to get better shots. 1 Quote
Bellamy Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:02 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:02 PM Everyone lipped. Another singer, the blue body guy even dropped his mic to the floor and continued to sing like nothing happened. Shamrock, im with ya! I haven’t posted on here in years and I came back tonight to say I’m absolutely blown away, such an amazing car r defining moment but I’m sad to see it’s been lipped! I’m 100% convinced it’s the Audio from AMAS 2015, just enhanced slightly, I just played the performance and that performance beside each other and they are identical. I could be wrong though, regardless it still sounds amazing. I’ve always been such a fierce defender of Celine, but I just don’t understand why go through all that effort to lip? Maybe she felt last min she couldn’t do it, I don’t know. Still, she looked beautiful and I love her. It’s been amazing to see her on my newsfeed again ❤️ 1 Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Popular Post celinefan1985 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:03 PM Popular Post Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:03 PM (edited) This forum sometimes…after watching I AM, I thought Celine would never sign again. With the disease that she has, she flew to Paris, rehearsed and sang on the freaking Eiffel tower at the Olympics!!! Are we seriously criticizing her bun and her lipsych? EVERYONE lipped. It’s done for technical reasons. And get cotton out if your ears, that was NOT an old recording. She was completely off last time she sang this in public. Edited July 26, 2024 at 10:04 PM by celinefan1985 15 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:04 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:04 PM Celine is trending in our country 3 Quote
Popular Post stevo Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:06 PM Popular Post Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:06 PM And that is how you do it. Frig it, it was lipped. Let’s remember what we watched not all that long ago in the Doc…where she was, what she’s been through. It all could be so different. Celine literally performed at the pinnacle of EVERYTHING tonight- La Diva. And I also agree, I think of all nights, tonight was a bun night 😉 15 Quote
No1IrishFan Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:06 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:06 PM (edited) Why is the lipping even being discussed? It’s the norm for big events. Every singer this evening done it. Even if the rest didn’t lip and Celine did, if lipping gave her that little bit more confidence to get up there and perform for a) the first time in 4yrs and b ) to an audience of 1 billion people, I will not judge her for it. Edited July 26, 2024 at 10:07 PM by No1IrishFan 5 Quote
Popular Post marc-02 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:07 PM Popular Post Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:07 PM Kelly getting choked up from Celine's performance and calling her a "vocal athlete" was definitely a highlight! 10 Quote
homerton Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:08 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:08 PM The uk press are loving it. Xx 4 Quote
takeachance Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:08 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:08 PM Nobody ever knows for sure if she lipped or not unless they have psychic abilities. For me I couldn’t give a crap either way as I am so happy for her , she continues her dream ……. After watching “I am “ we are lucky she would ever perform again …… 3 Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
sarit_celine Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:09 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:09 PM Just rewatched it, she has a stage presence like no other female singer has. I don't care it was lipped, she couldn't do it live even if she wanted to, due to technical reasons. And if it from recent time the recording, I'm glad that she has vocal chords in amazing shape. 6 Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
Ukrfan Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:09 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:09 PM I personally don’t care about lipping itself, it’s just that Celine needs to relearn how to properly lip 🌝 She must have been very nervous about this performance! It does sound good. There seemed to be a little technical glitch at the very beginning, at least in the stream I was watching. I like her dress too! Would prefer the tail over the bun though. Camera work was terrible. Closeups of Celine looked like it wasn’t even HD. I dunno whether it was the lack of lights or something. Also, weird angles and shots. But the transition from the fire to Celine performance was marvelously done! Brilliant idea 1 Quote
idroveallnight Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:09 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:09 PM Do we know when she recorded this version ? She s sounding so amazing. Couldn't be a old take right? could be wrong but I feel like that was what she was doing in Boston. I didn’t see a live orchestra there so I assume they also built that around her vocals. Wouldn’t surprise me if David Foster produced it. 2 Quote
Popular Post marc-02 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:10 PM Popular Post Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:10 PM That shot of Celine from behind while she looks over the entire Paris was just a masterpiece! 13 Quote
Bellamy Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:11 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:11 PM This forum sometimes…after watching I AM, I thought Celine would never sign again. With the disease that she has, she flew to Paris, rehearsed and sang on the freaking Eiffel tower at the Olympics!!! Are we seriously criticizing her bun and her lipsych? EVERYONE lipped. It’s done for technical reasons. And get cotton out if your ears, that was NOT an old recording. She was completely off last time she sang this in public.Exactly. I don’t understand the point to come back and make a s*** post after years. Maybe just leave Celine and her fans alone. 6 Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
idroveallnight Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:12 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:12 PM That shot of Celine from behind while she looks over the entire Paris was just a masterpiece! Agree. It was so poetic, like she was looking down from her castle onto her kingdom. Reclaiming her throne. 6 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:12 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:12 PM It’s not that she lipped is annoying it’s that normally she is so good at it that it’s very hard to tell and only the die hards can tell and it’s fine… but tonight it was just so obvious to everyone,so just a bit disappointing but the main complaint was the camera quality and angles just terrible!!!!! Quote
idroveallnight Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:15 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:15 PM It's not that she lipped is annoying it's that normally she is so good at it that it's very hard to tell and only the die hards can tell and it's fine… but tonight it was just so obvious to everyone,so just a bit disappointing but the main complaint was the camera quality and angles just terrible!!!!! I seriously don’t think it was that obvious. Go back and watch and I think you’ll change your mind. 2 Quote
Kayleycrank Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:16 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:16 PM I can’t believe any fan would be disappointed about that, after seeing how devastated she was about losing her voice and not being able to perform for her fans. She lipped in Atlanta, gaga lipped, Aya lipped. She was epic. Beautiful. And the perfect end to the ceremony 7 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:17 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:17 PM I have watched it on a 65 inch tv 3 times now and ain’t even opened my bottle of wine yet lol. Let’s move on Quote
Popular Post idroveallnight Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:17 PM Popular Post Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:17 PM That shot of Celine from behind while she looks over the entire Paris was just a masterpiece! It also felt like an Evita moment. Don’t cry for me [Paris], the truth is I never left you… 8 Quote
ewh12 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:17 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:17 PM Shamrock, im with ya! I haven’t posted on here in years and I came back tonight to say I’m absolutely blown away, such an amazing car r defining moment but I’m sad to see it’s been lipped! I’m 100% convinced it’s the Audio from AMAS 2015, just enhanced slightly, I just played the performance and that performance beside each other and they are identical. I could be wrong though, regardless it still sounds amazing. I’ve always been such a fierce defender of Celine, but I just don’t understand why go through all that effort to lip? Maybe she felt last min she couldn’t do it, I don’t know. Still, she looked beautiful and I love her. It’s been amazing to see her on my newsfeed again ❤️ Just listened to the 2015 version. They didn’t reuse it for sure. She was def out of tune and struggling to hit some notes then from what I can assume now were SPS symptoms. The Céline today was crystalline clear and beautiful in vocal ability 5 Quote
incognito Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:18 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:18 PM I have watched it on a 65 inch tv 3 times now and ain’t even opened my bottle of wine yet lol. Let’s move on My 85-inch TV and I enjoyed it. 4 Quote
Popular Post smw Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:18 PM Popular Post Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:18 PM I can’t think of a more iconic moment for a singer in recent memory? One of the biggest singers in the world performing at the Olympics on the Eiffel Tower … after dealing with an incredibly rare neurological condition that impacted her voice. This is bigger than we even realize. 19 Quote
Popular Post Mtk4097 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:19 PM Popular Post Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:19 PM 1. I have seen little to no feedback that it was lipped. 2. She’s in a small space on top of the Eiffel tower , of course there won’t be that many angles lol 3. Her first performance in over 4 years and she killed it , live or not. 9 Quote
KyleVan41 Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:19 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:19 PM I don’t think was obvious at all. Frankly in the friggin rain on the Effiel tower who the hell would honestly think it wasn’t prerecorded ?! lol what is obvious is the voice is back !!!!!!!!! 6 Quote
Bellamy Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:19 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:19 PM She is the only Queen in Paris tonight. Everyone else is supporting role only. I know it’s can’t be a duet with Lady Gaga. Sorry, I love Gaga too , but Celine is the one and only Queen. 5 Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
homerton Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:20 PM Posted July 26, 2024 at 10:20 PM It was epic. A musical icon returns. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.