Jump to content

Céline Dion and the Paris 2024 Summer Olympic Games


Recommended Posts

Posted
Come on. Too many differences between the 2015 rendition and 2024. For instance, in 2015, a short pause before "je me fous du monde entier". In 2015, she mistakenly sings "Je renierai la fortune" and in 2024 she sings the correct "J'irai voler la fortune". And also, the tone of her voice is different. She was raspier in 2024.
  • Like 4
Posted

Jesus Christ.... if anyone has any doubt if this is a 2015 vocal, just put the two performances on youtube to play together, and good luck trying to match them...

 

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Yeah it’s completely different from the 2015 vocals. I think the way she sang it is like 2015 that’s why some members thinks it’s the 2015 vocals. It’s the way she sang it what’s the same. But the vocals are new.

 

The 2007 version is much better because it sounded natural and relaxed.

Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 2
Posted
Jesus Christ, calm down! I was just saying they sounded the same upon my first impression. If she did indeed re-record the song, it just sounds very similar… they only thing that sounded new was the orchestra
Posted

 

 

different footage at the end! we can see Celine after the performance... she was emotional cry.gif

 

Too bad i can’t see it because it’s blocked in our country

Posted (edited)
Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 1
Posted

Yeah it’s completely different from the 2015 vocals. I think the way she sang it is like 2015 that’s why some members thinks it’s the 2015 vocals. It’s the way she sang it what’s the same. But the vocals are new.

 

The 2007 version is much better because it sounded natural and relaxed.

 

The one where she sings only few parts ? Relaxed maybe but nasal and low key in comparison to this one. The key is very high. What she did is epic vocally

  • Like 3
Posted
It’s top story in uk news. The world is in love. Only Celine can do this xx
  • Like 5
Posted

 

 

The one where she sings only few parts ? Relaxed maybe but nasal and low key in comparison to this one. The key is very high. What she did is epic vocally

 

Yeah! It was during the promo of D’elles, they were singing this song.

 

This one

 

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or is her eye makeup too much? It's kind of taking away from the performance.

I love her eye makeup. Very different to what she usually does. Cool and classy at the same time, really loved it.

I am loving the new and improved social media presence Celine has now!! Tons of photos and updates. About time!

Yes! It was long overdue. I knew they had a plan when they deleted so much content. I hope they continue being engaging!

Celine has gained over 200k followers on Instagram… in one day!

Now at 7.2 MILLION!

More than 300k right now! :clap: More than 400k by the end of play today or my name's not Lucas!

And again look at those eyebrows. Finally!!! They did it! These is what I'm talking about. This shape really makes her more youthful! It's the eyebrows people! :)

 

Agreed! Thicker eyebrows contribute to a more youthful AND healthier look! I always loved what they looked like in the cover of LTAL. :wub: Edited by LukeD
  • Like 3
Posted

From Eurosport News, both the list of the Olympic Cauldron and Céline performance, they are so grand and emotional. It is beautiful to rewatch one after the other:

 

Posted
Wow! So many people are doing reaction video of Celine’s performance
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

I cannot quite collect my thoughts and emotions about this performance. I am still in awe. And I get teary when I look back to it.

 

All I have managed to post on social media is a simple 'Thank You' to Celine.

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 7
Posted

BBC headline. An icon on an icon. Celine returns on the Eiffel Tower.

 

❤️❤️❤️

  • Like 5
Posted (edited)
Can someone upload the NBC version of Celine’s performance please ? In France the TV Host said « Celine Dion » after the first line of the song :( and NBC YouTube is blocked in France Edited by jmiracle
  • Like 1
Posted

Celine. You did us proud. Who would have thought this in December 22 with the darkest of news. An icon a legend. A beloved artist.

 

The best.

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)
Many far right thinkers are very shocked by the ceremony. It's stirring up a huge controversy here. #satan is top trending in France, and #cène (last supper) is number one. Céline is not criticized. I only read one tweet saying "of course, she promoted satanic baby clothes and now she takes part in the ceremony." Edited by Balao
  • Like 1
Posted
Guys I’m not being funny, but I love her eyebrows. Like actually 😄😄😄
  • Like 3
Posted

Too bad i can't see it because it's blocked in our country

 

you can use vpn to USA... it worked for me... just install an add-on with any free vpn

Posted
Feels like Céline’s impact on the world stage is bigger and larger than ever. People are just happy to see her back and realise what she means to the music industry. It’s a great moment to be a fan.
  • Like 4
Posted
I really hope her team will upload the video and maybe also the track on her official channels
  • Like 3
62008933_3302094023149751_3467110073363333120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru2-1.fna&oh=4f58e00ddc52743e263578419950824a&oe=5D5255DE
Posted

She is the last true diva out there. I can't wait to see what more Celine holds for us. I think big surprises are on the way.

And guys who find negative things to talk about, after this insane moment, please re think on this, Celine is dealing with a life threatening disease, let's stay with the positive things Celine is sharing with us, it's a mircale this brave woman could go back to stage.

  • Like 5

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

I really hope her team will upload the video and maybe also the track on her official channels

 

AMEN TO THAT...

 

also with no logo on the screen, and in true high quality...

  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...