mirage Posted August 10, 2024 at 02:24 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 02:24 PM Quite the opposite Per usual, rehashing stuff weve had for decades, completely ignoring what we actually want. And not just us Céline fans, but the broader public, as evidenced by Celines Paris performance and the reaction to it.Oh yeah you are right!But it felt to me that the bold "LIVE" part the little wink and the eiffeltower emoji were a big nod to the online lipsync discussion Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 10, 2024 at 03:52 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 03:52 PM Politics aside, let’s not forget that Céline and René were friendly with Trump over a long period of time. And we know Trump loves her. We may never know her thoughts about him but it’s important to remember that she knows him personally, as a human being, and depending on her experience with him (which I assume to be quite positive), she may be able to differentiate the person from his politics. Many people were “friendly” with Trump in the 90s who now vehemently speak out against him now. 3 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
RosieBarron Posted August 10, 2024 at 04:06 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 04:06 PM Politics aside, let’s not forget that Céline and René were friendly with Trump over a long period of time. And we know Trump loves her. We may never know her thoughts about him but it’s important to remember that she knows him personally, as a human being, and depending on her experience with him (which I assume to be quite positive), she may be able to differentiate the person from his politics. I don't think that she really knows him. Yes they have met several times some time ago but that really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. She's met a lot of people! He was a high profile businessman so was Rene. I think we all know that Celine's politics are very likely to be very Liberal and the opposite to what he stands for. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted August 10, 2024 at 04:28 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 04:28 PM I don't think that she really knows him. Yes they have met several times some time ago but that really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. She's met a lot of people! He was a high profile businessman so was Rene. I think we all know that Celine's politics are very likely to be very Liberal and the opposite to what he stands for. In the 90s Donald was a liberal. He’s a fake conservative, because he knew that’s the only party that would embrace him, after the Obama birther mess he spewed. 1 Quote
scielle Posted August 10, 2024 at 04:50 PM Author Posted August 10, 2024 at 04:50 PM I wonder if Celine knows the FBI found her photos in those classified document boxes Trump was stashing in his Mar-a-Lago bathroom. Quote
RosieBarron Posted August 10, 2024 at 05:08 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 05:08 PM In the 90s Donald was a liberal. He’s a fake conservative, because he knew that’s the only party that would embrace him, after the Obama birther mess he spewed. Again be that as it may having sold himself out to the right his politics and what he says are unlikely to be palatable to Celine in 2024, or to have been in 2016! I very much doubt she would have any time for him now. They are not friends. In fact didn't she even refuse to sing at his inauguration. Tells you everything you need to know. 2 Quote
brendanm999 Posted August 10, 2024 at 05:13 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 05:13 PM Again be that as it may having sold himself out to the right his politics and what he says are unlikely to be palatable to Celine in 2024, or to have been in 2016! I very much doubt she would have any time for him now. They are not friends. In fact didn't she even refuse to sing at his inauguration. Tells you everything you need to know. She already had a show scheduled inauguration night in Vegas, and she cancelled a performance at Mar-a-Lago in 2012 due to illness. They had some level of a relationship, albeit probably not a close one. Quote
Dane Posted August 10, 2024 at 05:44 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 05:44 PM It doesn't matter who she supports, it would be damaging either way. Thankfully she has always been able to stay away from it, let's just hope they keep it that way. 3 Quote
scielle Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:06 PM Author Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:06 PM (edited) Well: https://www.instagra.../p/C-gBkwBRyec/ "And really... that song?" Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited August 10, 2024 at 07:09 PM by scielle 4 Quote
dawn Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:07 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:07 PM Team Celine message about Trump:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Today, Celine Dion’s management team and her record label, Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., became aware of the unauthorized usage of the video, recording, musical performance, and likeness of Celine Dion singing “My Heart Will Go On” at a Donald Trump / JD Vance campaign rally in Montana. In no way is this use authorized, and Celine Dion does not endorse this or any similar use. …And really, THAT song? 1 Quote
dyusha Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:07 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:07 PM (edited) Delete please, another user beat me to it haha (see above) Edited August 10, 2024 at 07:09 PM by dyusha Quote I'll always be with you
stone Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:10 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:10 PM (edited) So weird and kind of amazing that her team responded like that, but honestly, they didn’t even need to. This would have blown over by Monday. It’s putting her in the crossfires of politics in my opinion, but badass at the same time. Edited August 10, 2024 at 07:10 PM by stone 3 Quote
scielle Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:12 PM Author Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:12 PM So weird and kind of amazing that her team responded like that, but honestly, they didn't even need to. This would have blown over by Monday. It's putting her in the crossfires of politics in my opinion, but badass at the same time. I think it's objectively a great response. It does say "does not endorse this, or any similar use" which is non-partisan. And I love the "really, that song?" sign off! The humor helps. 4 Quote
Loup_garou Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:13 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:13 PM Well: https://www.instagra.../p/C-gBkwBRyec/ "And really... that song?" Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet YES! YES! YES! Can anyone update the Wikipedia Page ASAP? Musicians who oppose Donald Trump's use of their music Quote
RosieBarron Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:16 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:16 PM Well: https://www.instagra.../p/C-gBkwBRyec/ "And really... that song?" Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Hilarious! Quote
Nmj Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:17 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:17 PM (edited) Well: https://www.instagra.../p/C-gBkwBRyec/ "And really... that song?" Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Wow… and with that Que the nunununu conspiracy theorists. This new team isn’t afraid to speak out like in previous times! A side note; also confirmation that Sony music is still her label for those who were wondering. Edited August 10, 2024 at 07:19 PM by Nmj 1 Quote
scielle Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:19 PM Author Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:19 PM Wow… and with that Que the nunununu conspiracy theorists. This new team isn’t afraid to speak out like in previous times! Those bozos would be around regardless. Same with the pizzagate crowd (I kid you not, saw comments to that effect after her Dior pizza dinner post). Can't reason with that lot. Best disregarded. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:22 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:22 PM (edited) Those bozos would be around regardless. Same with the pizzagate crowd (I kid you not, saw comments to that effect after her Dior pizza dinner post). Can't reason with that lot. Best disregarded. 100%… but they annoy me so much. I’m frankly surprised they even responded publicly, but really I’d like to know WHO is running her social pages now? I like the initiative, these days. Almost feels like they demoted the 90 year old Granny and hired some new blood who is familiar with the times. I’d be interested to see if she loses any followers now, some people in the comments saying they are unfollowing. As of today her Instagram sits at 8.3 million…. Edited August 10, 2024 at 07:28 PM by Nmj 1 Quote
ewh12 Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:27 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:27 PM (edited) 100%… but they annoy me so much. I’m frankly surprised they even responded publicly, but really I’d like to know WHO is running her social pages now? I like the initiative, these days. Almost feels like they demoted the 90 year old Granny and hired some new blood who is familiar with the times. I think this is the result of having a PR agency on retainer for Céline. It’s becoming more clear that they are most likely running the show with her socials. Obviously there’s no confirmation but it’s been clear, there’s been a big shift the past couple months in terms of messaging. This is also the first test of “crisis management” that we’ve seen (if you call it that) and the fact that they reacted so fast is not something we usually see with Team Céline Edited August 10, 2024 at 07:32 PM by ewh12 1 Quote
mirage Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:28 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:28 PM Well: https://www.instagra.../p/C-gBkwBRyec/ "And really... that song?" Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetI'm dead!!! Her social media team is definitely on it.Love it Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 1 Quote
Nmj Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:29 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:29 PM I think this is the result of having a PR agency on retainer for Céline Did she not have a PR agency before? Or were they just sleeping at the wheel? Quote
scielle Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:29 PM Author Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:29 PM I'd be interested to see if she loses any followers now, some people in the comments saying they are unfollowing. Well, if so, they're probably not followers she wants or needs. Quote
Nmj Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:31 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:31 PM (edited) Well, if so, they're probably not followers she wants or needs. True, and I’m NO Trump fan or supporter, but nearly half of the US does support him, so this will have consequences, not that she or her team should or will care. Edited August 10, 2024 at 07:32 PM by Nmj Quote
LeChauffeur100 Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:33 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:33 PM 100%… but they annoy me so much. I’m frankly surprised they even responded publicly, but really I’d like to know WHO is running her social pages now? I like the initiative, these days. Almost feels like they demoted the 90 year old Granny and hired some new blood who is familiar with the times. I’d be interested to see if she loses any followers now, some people in the comments saying they are unfollowing. As of today her Instagram sits at 8.3 million…. Well those people can go f*** themselves off, Celine’s way better off without them. And society would be too. Quote EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN - album & film by ionnalee; out NOW at ionnalee.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF-8uJUpL5A
ewh12 Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:36 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:36 PM (edited) Did she not have a PR agency before? Or were they just sleeping at the wheel? The only one I remember was Kim Jakwerth but what, that was like 10-15 years ago?? Social media wasn’t even a thing like it is now. I don’t think she had a real team since the mid 10s. I think a possible conclusion was that Dave Platel managed her PR. Doing some research, he handled her PR in the 90s if I’m not mistaken? Edited August 10, 2024 at 07:36 PM by ewh12 1 Quote
Nmj Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:38 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:38 PM The only one I remember was Kim Jakwerth but what, that was like 10-15 years ago?? Social media wasn’t even a thing like it is now. I don’t think she had a real team since the mid 10s. I think a possible conclusion was that Dave Platel managed her PR. Doing some research, he handled her PR in the 90s if I’m not mistaken? I remember Kim, last I seen of her was the the Oscar’s red carpet in 2011 if I’m not mistaken? Quote
Nmj Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:40 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:40 PM Also, Hillary Clinton choose “You And I” as her official campaign song when she ran for president in 2008? Surely that was approved by Celine and Sony right!?! Quote
scielle Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:40 PM Author Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:40 PM Another BTS photo form Laura Gilli: https://www.instagram.com/p/C-gE6iAuaZA/ 1 Quote
Nmj Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:43 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:43 PM Another BTS photo form Laura Gilli: https://www.instagram.com/p/C-gE6iAuaZA/ Nice to see Terrill by her side and holding her heels at that! Quote
Nmj Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:45 PM Posted August 10, 2024 at 07:45 PM I'm dead!!! Her social media team is definitely on it.Love it Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Cyndi Lauper in the comments asking if Celine can stop it? Lol 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.