manu23 Posted August 17, 2024 at 09:04 AM Posted August 17, 2024 at 09:04 AM (edited) I didn’t see RC crying the first time I watched the video. Poor kid, how hard must it be to see your mom suffer like Céline has. The gown is really beautiful but doesn’t it feel a bit oversized? I already thought of it during the performance but more even on this video. Edited August 17, 2024 at 09:05 AM by manu23 Quote
Jeanette Posted August 17, 2024 at 09:14 AM Posted August 17, 2024 at 09:14 AM (edited) I would imagine it was fitted/made to her sizing so wouldn’t say so. I think it was gorgeous with the lights twinkling on it during her performance but then other times seeing it, it looks kinda underwhelming but for the actual performance she looked STUNNING 😍 Edited August 17, 2024 at 09:15 AM by Jeanette Quote
Jeanette Posted August 17, 2024 at 11:58 AM Posted August 17, 2024 at 11:58 AM Reading a lot about the bts video where people are saying RC was crying pre performance, I can see why it looks like that with the editing of the piece but I would think that it’s post performance as she then embraces Scott and he said they hugged afterwards. Do you agree? Quote
scielle Posted August 17, 2024 at 11:58 AM Author Posted August 17, 2024 at 11:58 AM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 3 Quote
drove all night Posted August 17, 2024 at 12:57 PM Posted August 17, 2024 at 12:57 PM I didn't see RC crying the first time I watched the video. Poor kid, how hard must it be to see your mom suffer like Céline has. The gown is really beautiful but doesn't it feel a bit oversized? I already thought of it during the performance but more even on this video. What do you mean with "oversized"?? This piece was handmade exactly to the requirements of that performance. Which means she was also wearing a kind of "harness" underneath where the safety cord was attached. Nethertheless this didn't show and it suited her perfectly. They couldn't have chosen a better one! In case you haven't seen:Here's more to be found about "that" dress:https://www.celinedionforum.com/topic/34532-the-celinish-closet/page__st__11070#entry2457931 https://www.celinedionforum.com/topic/34532-the-celinish-closet/page__st__11070#entry2458612 2 Quote
MaiconSC Posted August 17, 2024 at 04:35 PM Posted August 17, 2024 at 04:35 PM I didn't see RC crying the first time I watched the video. Poor kid, how hard must it be to see your mom suffer like Céline has. The gown is really beautiful but doesn't it feel a bit oversized? I already thought of it during the performance but more even on this video. I assume that under the dress she was wearing some kind of strong protection suit to be attached to the safety cord... something like a bungee jump piece... so the dress must be larger to hide all that equipement... Quote
tshlw Posted August 20, 2024 at 11:03 PM Posted August 20, 2024 at 11:03 PM Celine Dion - 2024 Olympic Week [Official Video Recap] 5 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 21, 2024 at 03:29 AM Posted August 21, 2024 at 03:29 AM I hope at the end of 2024 they will make again a retrospective video just like they did in 2016. Remember this? It was well made and the music as well. 4 Quote
mirage Posted August 21, 2024 at 06:58 AM Posted August 21, 2024 at 06:58 AM I hope at the end of 2024 they will make again a retrospective video just like they did in 2016. Remember this? It was well made and the music as well. Oh yes, and all the images from the tour. Loved it.And the music was so good. I hope one day this tour gets released Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 1 Quote
Gicedi Posted August 21, 2024 at 11:07 AM Posted August 21, 2024 at 11:07 AM (edited) Do we know why there are two versions? Edited August 21, 2024 at 11:08 AM by Gicedi Quote https://youtu.be/D2KKDewXvJE
MaiconSC Posted August 21, 2024 at 04:39 PM Posted August 21, 2024 at 04:39 PM Do we know why there are two versions? One is exclusive from NBC... and since they did that interview with Hoda they must have known about the performance since back then... and may have made a deal to film with exclusive footage... 1 Quote
kaye2023 Posted August 23, 2024 at 12:21 PM Posted August 23, 2024 at 12:21 PM Celine Dion - 2024 Olympic Week [Official Video Recap] https://youtu.be/6u8hEFcU4xA Thanks for sharing this! A BTS wish we made pages ago and granted It even gave the Creation of The Olympic Bun its moment haha... cracks me up how she also has her legs rested atop the makeup table like in the Vogue video a few years ago. I will relax however I want relax. I will even give you a double leg V stretch, on cam, while seated, if I want to lol @Jeanette - going by the assistant holding the robe out for her to wear, yea, RC tearing up seems close to end and after the performance, and eventually handling the robe himself to bundle her up. What a sweetie 1 Quote
Jeanette Posted August 23, 2024 at 01:00 PM Posted August 23, 2024 at 01:00 PM @Jeanette - going by the assistant holding the robe out for her to wear, yea, RC tearing up seems close to end and after the performance, and eventually handling the robe himself to bundle her up. What a sweetie Thanks for response, I figured as such was just some of the news outlets getting it wrong. And you’re quite correct, RC is such a sweet boy. What a son he is! Quote
matt987 Posted August 23, 2024 at 04:22 PM Posted August 23, 2024 at 04:22 PM On the Olympics page they uploaded the official video of Celines performance https://www.facebook.com/share/v/RcbE9o1zfkuGPD4v/ 2 Quote
Celinefan2019 Posted August 24, 2024 at 03:47 AM Posted August 24, 2024 at 03:47 AM Celine looked amazing at the summer Paris olympic games. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 24, 2024 at 07:45 AM Posted August 24, 2024 at 07:45 AM They really are milking this now. 2 Quote
Jeanette Posted August 24, 2024 at 01:20 PM Posted August 24, 2024 at 01:20 PM They really are milking this now. I was kinda thinking the same thing. If they leave it much longer to announce what’s next, this whole performance will go down as a “one off” instead of the so called strategically amazing “comeback” performance it should’ve been. Quote
smw Posted August 24, 2024 at 04:55 PM Posted August 24, 2024 at 04:55 PM (edited) I’m glad they’re keeping her social media alive. I wasn’t thrilled that they couldn’t get her Olympics performance up on her channels — probably for copyright reasons — but they’re clearly soaking it in as much as they can in other ways. So that’s the next best thing. Who knows what’s next. I just hope she’s feeling as healthy as possible every day. Anything else is a bonus. The Olympics performance was a huge success and the documentary was a huge success. We’ve had a ton of interviews and we got to hear her sing in those interviews. Her social media and streaming got a big boost. It’s been a wonderful year for Celine fans. The documentary and Olympics performance further cemented her status as an icon. There was such an outpouring of love for her. That’s even better than a comeback. She’s already done the work, she’s globally beloved even if she never does another thing in her career, anything else is just icing. Edited August 24, 2024 at 04:59 PM by smw 3 Quote
Mudo Posted August 24, 2024 at 05:02 PM Posted August 24, 2024 at 05:02 PM I was kinda thinking the same thing. If they leave it much longer to announce what’s next, this whole performance will go down as a “one off” instead of the so called strategically amazing “comeback” performance it should’ve been. Don't mean to be a Debbie downer, but we all saw the rehearsal footage, her voice was weak and nowhere as crystal clear as what we heard on TV , yeah she was technically singing live on TV but what we heard was a no error, polished performance, no false note production made in studio, we couldn't even hear the wind or air around her while it was pouring rain. So this performance IMO was more of a show than tell performance: she was trying to claim back that singer title to the world, while many were mesmerized, if she ever went back on stage and mimed her way through a set list it wouldn't look good for her so they are still trying to figure out how to bundle the deal most likely by including more theatrics that will pull the audience away from Celine and distract them from the obvious. Quote
smw Posted August 24, 2024 at 05:06 PM Posted August 24, 2024 at 05:06 PM (edited) She sounds wonderful here to me, and it gives me hope there’s more singing in her future in some capacity. Doing a full on residency would be a huge undertaking, especially considering people are hyper focusing on her voice now. But based on what we’ve seen this year, I think she could do albums and one off-performances. Edited August 24, 2024 at 05:09 PM by smw Quote
smw Posted August 24, 2024 at 05:11 PM Posted August 24, 2024 at 05:11 PM I do think they’re cooking up a residency. But maybe they’re a bit concerned about playback usage and people analyzing her voice… like that YouTube guy. Quote
Céline RO Posted August 24, 2024 at 09:47 PM Posted August 24, 2024 at 09:47 PM (edited) Well she has confirmed the residency, with no reservations. It’s not speculation, it’s not “if” but only “when exactly” at this point. We know she’ll be performing a residency in Vegas, she told us explicitly and with seemingly great certainty, and that it’s coming soon. Edited August 24, 2024 at 10:00 PM by Céline RO Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 27, 2024 at 07:33 AM Posted August 27, 2024 at 07:33 AM So olympics uploaded the performance of Celine in X/Twitter Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Quote
ordinary fan Posted August 27, 2024 at 09:00 AM Posted August 27, 2024 at 09:00 AM So olympics uploaded the performance of Celine in X/Twitter Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetWhy not on YouTube? I don't have twitter Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 27, 2024 at 11:49 AM Posted August 27, 2024 at 11:49 AM Why not on YouTube? I don't have twitter I think in some countries it was already uploaded. Not all yet… Quote
comingback Posted August 28, 2024 at 07:02 PM Posted August 28, 2024 at 07:02 PM (edited) . Edited August 28, 2024 at 07:06 PM by comingback Quote
symon Posted August 30, 2024 at 05:44 PM Posted August 30, 2024 at 05:44 PM Some French medias tell that the olympics soundtrack including hymne à l'amour will be released https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nrj.fr/amp/jeux-olympiques-aya-nakamura-celine-dion-lalbum-des-ceremonies-est-en-preparation-71363038 (And also that RC is going to marry Angéliquehttps://www.gala.fr/l_actu/news_de_stars/celine-dion-et-son-fils-rene-charles-reconcilies-elle-a-accepte-quil-epouse-sa-cherie-angelique_550971 1 Quote
Dreamy Posted August 30, 2024 at 06:37 PM Posted August 30, 2024 at 06:37 PM (edited) . Edited August 30, 2024 at 06:45 PM by Dreamy Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 30, 2024 at 06:45 PM Posted August 30, 2024 at 06:45 PM The olympic cd might be true but the Celine Dion and RC being cold with each other…. I don’t believe it Quote
Dreamy Posted August 30, 2024 at 06:47 PM Posted August 30, 2024 at 06:47 PM (edited) Yes I'm getting married soon too, although I haven't met the guy yet... but I know the wedding will be on the same day.my heart is on fire Edited August 30, 2024 at 06:48 PM by Dreamy 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.