Nmj Posted August 11, 2024 at 03:35 PM Posted August 11, 2024 at 03:35 PM RC liked the post on insta. Wouldn't be surprised if he encouraged her/them to put out a statement. BTW A bit off topic, but I was checking Andrew Tate's twitter a while back (for those who don't know: Tate is a self-proclaimed misogynist, hero of toxic incels and a Trump supporter). I was dishearted to see RC amongst his followers. For all the women in his life. I hope he doesn't actually share any of those beliefs. Following Andrew Tate doesn’t make him a fan…. I follow trump and I can’t stand trump; but alot of the nonsense he says sparks huge reactions and I follow him to “be in the know”…. 2 Quote
comingback Posted August 11, 2024 at 03:36 PM Posted August 11, 2024 at 03:36 PM (edited) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNZmr8Ti5vc for astrology fans Edited August 11, 2024 at 03:40 PM by comingback Quote
scielle Posted August 11, 2024 at 03:41 PM Author Posted August 11, 2024 at 03:41 PM RC liked the post on insta. Wouldn't be surprised if he encouraged her/them to put out a statement. BTW A bit off topic, but I was checking Andrew Tate's twitter a while back (for those who don't know: Tate is a self-proclaimed misogynist, hero of toxic incels and a Trump supporter). I was dishearted to see RC amongst his followers. For all the women in his life. I hope he doesn't actually share any of those beliefs. He follows lots of people on socials, of all manner of persuasions. I do too. Doesn’t mean I agree with their views. It’s part of being an informed human. 2 Quote
scielle Posted August 11, 2024 at 03:50 PM Author Posted August 11, 2024 at 03:50 PM Here’s one for figure skating fans -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetAnd for tennis fans -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetAlso, this made me spit my coffee 🤣Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
MaiconSC Posted August 11, 2024 at 05:22 PM Posted August 11, 2024 at 05:22 PM RC liked the post on insta. Wouldn't be surprised if he encouraged her/them to put out a statement. BTW A bit off topic, but I was checking Andrew Tate's twitter a while back (for those who don't know: Tate is a self-proclaimed misogynist, hero of toxic incels and a Trump supporter). I was dishearted to see RC amongst his followers. For all the women in his life. I hope he doesn't actually share any of those beliefs. I'm sorry, how do you know the profile is really RC? Quote
MaiconSC Posted August 11, 2024 at 05:39 PM Posted August 11, 2024 at 05:39 PM (edited) the impact of Celine's performance will still resonates for a long time...I couldn't be more proud of her Edited August 11, 2024 at 05:39 PM by MaiconSC 2 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted August 11, 2024 at 05:44 PM Posted August 11, 2024 at 05:44 PM the impact of Celine's performance will still resonates for a long time...I couldn't be more proud of her And we are still waiting for an official release. 1 Quote
dawn Posted August 11, 2024 at 07:03 PM Posted August 11, 2024 at 07:03 PM The Emotions of Paris Olympics 2024 | Celine Dion - Hymne à l'amour | #Paris2024 (Eurosport) Quote
scielle Posted August 11, 2024 at 07:16 PM Author Posted August 11, 2024 at 07:16 PM The Emotions of Paris Olympics 2024 ���� | Celine Dion - Hymne à l'amour | #Paris2024 (Eurosport) That’s geo-blocked (presumably for Europe ex France and UK?) Quote
incognito Posted August 11, 2024 at 07:42 PM Posted August 11, 2024 at 07:42 PM I'm sorry, how do you know the profile is really RC? Because he’s verified on Instagram and Celine follows him. Quote
MaiconSC Posted August 11, 2024 at 10:14 PM Posted August 11, 2024 at 10:14 PM Because he's verified on Instagram and Celine follows him. Oh I didn't knew about it... I'm gonna follow him lol Quote
scielle Posted August 11, 2024 at 10:47 PM Author Posted August 11, 2024 at 10:47 PM Well, that wasn’t particularly memorable either? The cirque /ring-building portion an A+, and Yseult at the end but the rest? Yawn. At least Celine got a shout-out in Tony Estanguet’s speech!(And I saw a lot of social media traffic along the lines of “bring back Celine to save this” 🤭). So now - what’s next? Quote
MaiconSC Posted August 11, 2024 at 10:57 PM Posted August 11, 2024 at 10:57 PM Well, that wasn't particularly memorable either? The cirque /ring-building portion an A+, and Yseult at the end but the rest? Yawn. At least Celine got a shout-out in Tony Estanguet's speech!(And I saw a lot of social media traffic along the lines of "bring back Celine to save this" ). So now - what's next? I hope they release an album... and finaly Celine's performance as a single.. 1 Quote
scielle Posted August 12, 2024 at 02:18 AM Author Posted August 12, 2024 at 02:18 AM I hope they release an album... and finaly Celine's performance as a single.. Well, the official Olympics account posted Power of the Dream 6 years ago ( ) so guess we can expect L’hymne à l’amour in… 22 years? 😏 (Yes, I’m aware YouTube didn’t exist in ‘96, but point stands!) 2 Quote
MaiconSC Posted August 12, 2024 at 03:25 AM Posted August 12, 2024 at 03:25 AM Well, the official Olympics account posted Power of the Dream 6 years ago ( ) so guess we can expect L'hymne à l'amour in… 22 years? (Yes, I'm aware YouTube didn't exist in '96, but point stands!) well, Hymne À L'amour is already on their channel (at least here in Brazil)... Quote
scielle Posted August 12, 2024 at 12:10 PM Author Posted August 12, 2024 at 12:10 PM (edited) Some of these were already posted, and some are geo-blocked for Canada, but putting all interviews with Scott Price in one place. I feel like this is the most we're going to find out about this performance. I wish we'd get more of the behind-the-scenes than the few photos. Interesting to hear him talk about it feeling like they were up there in a bubble and it felt like just being alone with her, without a crowd (well, it was the two of them + two riggers). And then when done, they gave each-other the thumbs-up and Celine came off "stage" to be greeted & congratulated by RC. Also lovely to hear how truly in awe Scott is of Celine. He truly has such respect for her, as an artist but also just as a human. It's good to know she has someone like him in her corner. (If you're going to watch one, the France Beaudoin interview's best.) La Presse (print): https://www.lapresse...scott-price.php Noovo (video):https://www.noovo.in...nt-magique.html Radio Canada with France Beaudoin (video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y5_9Hfl81s TVA Nouvelles (video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQvN6sC9KC8 Edited August 12, 2024 at 12:13 PM by scielle 2 Quote
JesusZuñigaR Posted August 12, 2024 at 09:54 PM Posted August 12, 2024 at 09:54 PM Well, I think that the presentation was no longer uploaded by Celine's team to Youtube or Spotify... Or do you think there is still hope? Quote http://s2.subirimagenes.com/otros/previo/thump_8660149sash201309pgbg.jpg
ScotieG Posted August 12, 2024 at 11:08 PM Posted August 12, 2024 at 11:08 PM The full opening ceremony is on YouTube now, so hopefully the Olympic channel might upload her performance separately? Quote
scielle Posted August 13, 2024 at 10:54 AM Author Posted August 13, 2024 at 10:54 AM Audience view from Didier Drogba -https://www.instagram.com/reel/C958GUMt-oM/?igsh=MWdzYjJwd3Q1bHN4ZQ== Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 13, 2024 at 06:51 PM Posted August 13, 2024 at 06:51 PM I don’t know, I think he’s an opportunist above all… he wasn’t racist with people of color that he felt were “worthy”, Oprah and many others he was quite cozy with once upon a time… I think he’s more scum than racist, and he’s been playing up the racism to speak to that base, which is also sick… regardless if he’s a liberal, conservative, etc at heart the bottom line is he’s garbage. He took out a full page ad in the New York Times in the 80’s to prosecute a group of black teenagers eventually known as the Central Park 5, for rape…with no evidence that they had done anything. And then they were much later found innocent and wrongly incarcerated. Trump and his father were also notoriously known for intentionally not renting residential property to people of color. He’s actually a racist…among everything else that he is. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
GoldenLeaf Posted August 13, 2024 at 07:06 PM Posted August 13, 2024 at 07:06 PM (edited) The full opening ceremony is on YouTube now, so hopefully the Olympic channel might upload her performance separately?Indeed! Celine's full performance is now "officially" available worldwide, her team was clearly dumb by not uploading it to her official channel and totally missed the boat. Edited August 13, 2024 at 07:06 PM by GoldenLeaf 1 Quote
scielle Posted August 13, 2024 at 07:11 PM Author Posted August 13, 2024 at 07:11 PM The full opening ceremony is on YouTube now, so hopefully the Olympic channel might upload her performance separately?Indeed! Celine's full performance is now "officially" available worldwide, her team was clearly dumb by not uploading it to her official channel and totally missed the boat.Where?I don't see the full ceremony nor Celine's performance on the official Olympics channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Olympics/videos (at least it doesn't appear to be showing in the US...) Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted August 13, 2024 at 07:21 PM Posted August 13, 2024 at 07:21 PM (edited) Where?I don't see the full ceremony nor Celine's performance on the official Olympics channel: https://www.youtube.com/@Olympics/videos (at least it doesn't appear to be showing in the US...)Here, it's the full ceremony including Celine's performance on the official Olympics channel: I'm in Canada and I can watch it, too bad if it's not available in the US, that means they geoblocked it in some countries. :/ Edited August 13, 2024 at 07:24 PM by GoldenLeaf 1 Quote
scielle Posted August 13, 2024 at 07:22 PM Author Posted August 13, 2024 at 07:22 PM (edited) Here, it's the full ceremony including Celine's performance on the official Olympics channel:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onP5-DKSbI4 I'm in Canada and I can watch it, too bad if it's not available in the US, that means they geoblocked it in some countries. :/ Yup, just checked that link. Not available in the US. Edited August 13, 2024 at 07:22 PM by scielle Quote
VikingSwe Posted August 13, 2024 at 07:26 PM Posted August 13, 2024 at 07:26 PM Indeed! Celine's full performance is now "officially" available worldwide, her team was clearly dumb by not uploading it to her official channel and totally missed the boat. Still impressed by the epic Olympic performance but it’s so frustrating that TC missed yet another golden opportunity! It’s like they consistently ignore, even work against, her best performances that really show her greatness! Le Blues.. Aretha tribute, Bee Gees tribute, a bombastic version of TSMGO, the Elvis duet… 2 Quote
MaiconSC Posted August 13, 2024 at 08:15 PM Posted August 13, 2024 at 08:15 PM each country has the performance/ceremony uploaded in a different channel... US I believe is NBC, Brazil is the official Olympics, France is France 2... you have to look up... Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted August 13, 2024 at 08:28 PM Posted August 13, 2024 at 08:28 PM Still impressed by the epic Olympic performance but it’s so frustrating that TC missed yet another golden opportunity! It’s like they consistently ignore, even work against, her best performances that really show her greatness! Le Blues.. Aretha tribute, Bee Gees tribute, a bombastic version of TSMGO, the Elvis duet… Is there man or girl who has a direct contact with them ? Quote
scielle Posted August 14, 2024 at 12:42 AM Author Posted August 14, 2024 at 12:42 AM (edited) Luminate is the primary provider of music consumption data (formerly Nielsen SoundScan): https://www.instagram.com/p/C-oCKyLRgzI/?igsh=MXN2ejAzMWQ3c2N3NA==Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweethttps://luminatedata.com/blog/olympic-metal-and-pop-and-rap-and-funk/ “Two of the performances that drove the most chatter were that of French metal band Gojira and iconic Canadian artist Celine Dion. […]Celine Dion’s primary artist catalog jumped +35.3% the week ending 8/1/24 to a total of 44.4 million Global ODA. Moreover, through Luminate’s Streaming Viewership Model, we can see that the Opening Ceremony performance also drove minutes watched of the I Am: Celine Dion documentary on Amazon Prime Video, reaching 9.6 million minutes watched on Sunday, July 28, 2024 — its highest total since Sunday, July 7, 2024, the second week of the documentary’s release.” Edited August 14, 2024 at 12:44 AM by scielle Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted August 14, 2024 at 01:59 AM Posted August 14, 2024 at 01:59 AM Is there man or girl who has a direct contact with them ? Nobody ? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.