Jump to content

Céline Dion and the Paris 2024 Summer Olympic Games


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

 

 

I’d love ANDHC 2 album from her if her voice is up to it… what an album that is!!!

 

“A New Day Has Come Again” ? :)

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

“A New Day Has Come Again” ? :)

 

I just hope that whenever Celine is coming with her debut English single after her world completely changed that she either co -writes or chooses a great poetic writer to get down on paper what she must be feeling/ went through.

 

Do disrespect to Sia or anyone else, but the last thing we need after this new journey is some silly song about nothing she relates to.

  • Like 6
Posted (edited)

#1 on France iTunes, confirming my previous point that this would have been a #1 in French Singles Chart had it been released right after the performance.

 

That said, I think the song will showcase some staying power and a certification is realistic.

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 3
Posted

 

I just hope that whenever Celine is coming with her debut English single after her world completely changed that she either co -writes or chooses a great poetic writer to get down on paper what she must be feeling/ went through.

 

Do disrespect to Sia or anyone else, but the last thing we need after this new journey is some silly song about nothing she relates to.

Amen!

Stephan Moccio can work his magic again.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 2
Posted

#1 on France iTunes, confirming my previous point that this would have been a #1 in French Singles Chart had it been released right after the performance.

 

That said, I think the song will showcase some staying power and a certification is realistic.

 

The problem is the tracking week ends today so all sales from today will be included for the charts of this past week. So for chart purposes it might not chart. But yes that wont effect certifications.

  • Like 1
Posted

iTunes

 

#1 Belgium

#1 Canada

#1 France

#1 Luxemburg

#1 Switzerland

 

clap.gif

 

Source: UKMIX Forum

  • Like 3
Posted

So…we agree she’s gonna be in Kelly’s show, right? Hopefully with some kind of Vegas announcement?

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet
  • Like 6
Posted
Finally! Now we're ready for "The Collector Series Volume 2"! 😁
  • Like 2

signature2.png.7bb51dfccebe582db3f7ba5853c92824.png

 

Posted (edited)

 

 

Wasn’t SJP pretty shadey to Celine in the past?

 

Kev x

 

Something rings a bell for sure but this post was beautiful.

 

It seems that anyone who’s anyone suddenly seems to have been closet Celine fans all along and I for one am here for it. She’s finally getting the love and respect she’s always deserved.

Edited by Jeanette
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
Video blocked in the U.S. again. 😅 Blocked, unblocked, then re-blocked, all in less than 24 hours. 😅 Edited by TommKat22
  • Like 1
Tommy
Posted

Video blocked in the U.S. again. Blocked, unblocked, then re-blocked, all in less than 24 hours.

I could be super off on this guess could it be because NBC's youtube channel has it unblocked for the US? Again might be super off on my guess.

  • Like 1
Posted

So…we agree she’s gonna be in Kelly’s show, right? Hopefully with some kind of Vegas announcement?

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

 

Kelly did a special show with Alanis a little while ago. They sang several of her hits together, in an acoustic version. I would love for that to happen with Celine.

  • Like 3
Posted

So…we agree she's gonna be in Kelly's show, right? Hopefully with some kind of Vegas announcement?

 

Yup I think we all feel this way, keeping fingers crossed.

'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.'

Celine Dion My Story, My Dream

Posted

Hymne à l'amour

 

 

Apple Music:

 

#186 France

 

 

iTunes (5x #1):

 

#1 Belgium

 

#1 Canada

 

#1 France

 

#1 Luxembourg

 

#1 Switzerland

 

#2 Cyprus

 

#2 Denmark

 

#3 Netherlands

 

#3 Portugal

 

#5 Norway

 

#7 Brazil

 

#7 United Kingdom

 

#8 Spain

 

#10 Greece

 

#10 Mexico

 

#11 Ireland

 

#15 Germany

 

#15 Italy

 

#33 Hong Kong

 

#49 Austria

 

#49 United States

 

#61 South Africa

 

#63 Costa Rica

 

#73 Thailand

 

#76 Estonia

 

#79 Taiwan

 

#95 Indonesia

 

#138 Australia

 

 

 

 

Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 3
Posted

 

I could be super off on this guess could it be because NBC's youtube channel has it unblocked for the US? Again might be super off on my guess.

 

I wondered that too, but I believe they were both unblocked earlier today. Also, the NBC video is longer, so it’s not quite the same video, but I hope they figure it out soon. 😅

  • Like 1
Tommy
Posted

I wondered that too, but I believe they were both unblocked earlier today. Also, the NBC video is longer, so it's not quite the same video, but I hope they figure it out soon.

true you would think if nothing else they would keep the audio unblocked if the issue lay with NBC so maybe they are just working out some of the finer issues with the US copyright and it will soon be unblocked again.

  • Like 1
Posted
This song and performance are one of a kind, happy to see that it is released!
  • Like 1

Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017

Posted

Heard the release of the song on France Culture (French radio) yesterday morning on the way to work. Was pleasantly surprised as the radio is a bit the temple of intellectuals, and until recently, Céline was not really the cup of tea, to say the least… but it was amongst the news during of the main morning news show and the presenters talked about it with one joking to the other (the anchor presenter) don’t rush to stream it now 😉

So much love currently for Céline, and the Olympics performance has definitely cemented a celestial status in France.

  • Like 6
Posted

Hymne à l'amour

 

- Video (VEVO) 125,300

- YoutubeMusic 134,000

- Youtube Auto-generated 43,465

 

302,765

  • Like 2
Posted
lol, that’s very late. It should have been released right away and not months later. People were craving it back then, now everyone forgot. Great timing as usual, team Celine…
  • Like 1
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

The song pulled an incredible 84k streams on Spotify France during its first day. clap.gif

 

There is no doubt that had it been released right after the performance it would reach #1 on the singles chart. And probably a Diamond certification by now.

 

That said, I think it will get up there eventually but more slowly.

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 4
Posted

The song pulled an incredible 84k streams on Spotify France during its first day. clap.gif

 

There is no doubt that had it been released right after the performance it would reach #1 on the singles chart. And probably a Diamond certification by now.

 

That said, I think it will get up there eventually but more slowly.

 

I really don’t get the wait though, what could the reason be to not have this ready to release within days of the performance at a maximum?

  • Like 1
Posted

 

I really don’t get the wait though, what could the reason be to not have this ready to release within days of the performance at a maximum?

They work in mysterious ways.

 

Maybe it's very difficult with all the different rights that comes with such a performance.

Though I would think that if that was the case they should have figured it out before it took place.

 

Or they really didn't think the demand would be so high? So they haven't even thought of releasing it as a single.

Which makes sense to me it's also a bit of her old team habit.

 

Or its part of a bigger plan, to slowly raise the attention to Celine Dion again.

Which with her new team could make sense.

 

Anyway I'm glad we have it now, but gosh I can't even imagine what it would have done if it was on Spotify right after her performance.

I think Edith's version gained a lot of stream is right after.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 3
Posted

After just one day on sale Celine has entered the UK charts today with “Hymne A L'Amour.”

 

Official UK Singles Downloads Chart - #81

Official UK Singles Sales Chart - #89

 

  • Like 4

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted
When the interest was so high and everyone was talking about it they were just sitting it out insted of releasing all this stuff and make it climb up the charts. Now everyone forgot and they are releasing it... It's just really hopeless...
  • Like 1
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted
hearing the official audio released, this is so classic Celine... big dramatic orchestra, power vocals, and the delivery... better latter than never...
  • Like 3
Posted
This new video really sounds like a proper studio recording :) It's polished and sounds amazing!
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...