Shaun Posted August 2, 2024 at 04:21 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 04:21 PM UK Charts: Official Album Chart:My Love Essential Collection: #36 (+32) 4 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Jeanette Posted August 2, 2024 at 04:23 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 04:23 PM We’re literally a week down the line from this performance and ironically it’s the same forum members that keep banging on about going over the same old ground again and again, that actually are 🙄 This performance served it’s purpose, we move on. Be happy she’s made the first step in her journey to making it back to the stage and that the general public and critics praised her and her performance. The acceptance of the offer to perform here as her first performance back on such a huge global stage was genius and the perfect choice for her, as it was always going to be lipped at such an event, period. Not sure why that’s still being debated?! Yes, I would’ve liked a newly recorded pre-recorded track to hear where she’s currently at vocally but to my mind we didn’t get that but we now move on to whatever’s coming next. 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 2, 2024 at 04:25 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 04:25 PM We’re literally a week down the line from this performance and ironically it’s the same forum members that keep banging on about going over the same old ground again and again, that actually are 🙄 This performance served it’s purpose, we move on. Be happy she’s made the first step in her journey to making it back to the stage and that the general public and critics praised her and her performance. The acceptance of the offer to perform here as her first performance back on such a huge global stage was genius and the perfect choice for her, as it was always going to be lipped at such an event, period. Not sure why that’s still being debated?! Yes, I would’ve liked a newly recorded pre-recorded track to hear where she’s currently at vocally but to my mind we didn’t get that but we now move on to whatever’s coming next. I think we have to wait for the Vegas show Quote
Chantemoi Posted August 2, 2024 at 05:14 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 05:14 PM (edited) Perhaps you’re right. Perhaps we as a forum should adopt laws to govern things like:• How many days members are allowed to comment on a particular subject…• How many comments members can make during that period of time…• How long a member may be inactive before they give up their rights to post comments and participate in the conversation… Wow! This sounds like a fun forum !!Wait… this sounds stupid and absolutely NOT fun :/ Maybe the real problem is members who can’t learn to scroll past nonsense they have no interest in reading… That’s certainly what I do everyday (in fact, I’ve blocked quite a few users whose comments annoy me with their stupidity - that way I can choose whether to read them or not). To say this discussion is “over” is not fair or accurate. We just got a NEW video from a prominent YouTuber and a NEW (albeit stupid) theory that the performance we saw on TV was pre-filmed. Ought we really not be able to discuss these topics in a rational, adult manner without being policed by other members? Edited August 2, 2024 at 05:16 PM by Chantemoi 6 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 2, 2024 at 05:48 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 05:48 PM next stop on the theories discussion:Celine wasn't in Paris at all... it was a hologram like, seriously? 🤣 Quote
Balao Posted August 2, 2024 at 06:07 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 06:07 PM Even today I overheard a conversation about the Opening Ceremony. It's the most legendary opening ceremony of all-times, and not only for Céline. It's not "a thing of the past". Not yet. 4 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 2, 2024 at 06:13 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 06:13 PM Even today I overheard a conversation about the Opening Ceremony. It's the most legendary opening ceremony of all-times, and not only for Céline. It's not "a thing of the past". Not yet. Now, I’m curious about that fireworks being part of the performance. I wonder how it would look like together with that lighting display 2 Quote
MaiconSC Posted August 2, 2024 at 06:28 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 06:28 PM Now, I'm curious about that fireworks being part of the performance. I wonder how it would look like together with that lighting display me too... and the drones... I hope some footage of the rehearsals leaks with all the settings wroking... 1 Quote
karatedude317 Posted August 2, 2024 at 06:44 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 06:44 PM Someone I know on my Facebook feed. Céline is really having a moment.I love this! Can you show the rest of the comments? I saw the last one (first line “I was never much of”) I love reading how people are opening their eyes and ears to her who never would before 2 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted August 2, 2024 at 07:21 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 07:21 PM I love this! Can you show the rest of the comments? I saw the last one (first line “I was never much of”) I love reading how people are opening their eyes and ears to her who never would before Let beauty come out of ashes !!!! Time to put the Piaf song on streaming Platforms !!! 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 2, 2024 at 07:34 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 07:34 PM Is Céline slowly teasing the vegas setlist through recent social media flashback posts so far? IncredibleAshes Hmmmm 1 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted August 2, 2024 at 07:51 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 07:51 PM Is Céline slowly teasing the vegas setlist through recent social media flashback posts so far? IncredibleAshes Hmmmm It's more related with actuality. Quote
Balao Posted August 2, 2024 at 08:03 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 08:03 PM Another very interesting video by Wings, for those who are interested (I am) 1 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted August 2, 2024 at 08:10 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 08:10 PM Another very interesting video by Wings, for those who are interested (I am) Sorry it's Time to close the debate, after what we saw with the Amazon documentary...we should stop to analyse it, enjoy ans just feel blessed to be able to hear a voice again. It could have been different, I recall you that she was closed to die. She is working each day for two years now to be able to come back. So like she said, "give me a break, give me a break". 2 Quote
Balao Posted August 2, 2024 at 08:53 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 08:53 PM Sorry it's Time to close the debate, after what we saw with the Amazon documentary...we should stop to analyse it, enjoy ans just feel blessed to be able to hear a voice again. It could have been different, I recall you that she was closed to die. She is working each day for two years now to be able to come back. So like she said, "give me a break, give me a break". Let's close the debate about closing the debate. I give every break that Céline wants and need. I'm not blaming her for anything. Just blaming Victor le Masne for lying about her live singing. 1 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted August 2, 2024 at 09:25 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 09:25 PM (edited) Let's close the debate about closing the debate. I give every break that Céline wants and need. I'm not blaming her for anything. Just blaming Victor le Masne for lying about her live singing. He did not. As I told you, give her a break, three years ago, she was not able to walk anymore, and last week she sung on the first floor of the Eiffel tower. Bless her. We should thank her medical team for what they accomplished, they are going to help many people to find a way to have a sort of normal life, it's more than symbol, she represents the Olympic spirit. So, please stop. You Can blame a record compagny to not propose on platforms this historical anthem. Edited August 2, 2024 at 09:41 PM by Ororo Munroe 3 Quote
smw Posted August 2, 2024 at 09:49 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 09:49 PM Please, Let's do it, As long as there are more people making contact, anything is possible.There are many of us so please follow what other users have suggested.Best regards P.S. Do not give up It might be worth us speaking up to get her Olympics performance on her channels. I feel like that was the only reason we finally got a MHWGO video uploaded to her channel after forever. Quote
smw Posted August 2, 2024 at 09:51 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 09:51 PM Is Céline slowly teasing the vegas setlist through recent social media flashback posts so far? IncredibleAshes Hmmmm Hopefully not Incredible. Ashes would be lovely. Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted August 2, 2024 at 09:58 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 09:58 PM Hopefully not Incredible. Ashes would be lovely. What makes me mad is the fact that it's probably the biggest come back in musical History and her team does nothing to promote it, nothing, nada, rien...After all the efforts that she did, all the improvements, she deserves better. 3 Quote
Balao Posted August 2, 2024 at 10:03 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 10:03 PM He did not. As I told you, give her a break, three years ago, she was not able to walk anymore, and last week she sung on the first floor of the Eiffel tower. Bless her. We should thank her medical team for what they accomplished, they are going to help many people to find a way to have a sort of normal life, it's more than symbol, she represents the Olympic spirit. So, please stop. You Can blame a record compagny to not propose on platforms this historical anthem. I was called a delulu for saying just what you said. That was earlier this week in this very topic. Quote
Jeanette Posted August 2, 2024 at 10:57 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 10:57 PM https://www.facebook.com/share/r/TsmfeQAX7aqe5vEJ/?mibextid=UalRPS Looking at this footage of where the stage was actually positioned on the tower, I think this would have taken a lot of guts to even just stand on that makeshift stage and with the added element of the rain causing it to be slippery, she clearly doesn’t have a fear of heights. I know she was harnessed but even so. We really must applaud her bravery, in every sense 👏🏻 4 Quote
MaiconSC Posted August 2, 2024 at 11:00 PM Posted August 2, 2024 at 11:00 PM https://www.facebook...mibextid=UalRPS Looking at this footage of where the stage was actually positioned on the tower, I think this would have taken a lot of guts to even just stand on that makeshift stage and with the added element of the rain causing it to be slippery, she clearly doesn't have a fear of heights. I know she was harnessed but even so. We really must applaud her bravery, in every sense yes! and the space was so small.... Celine is really a brave woman! 2 Quote
catlovergirl1982 Posted August 3, 2024 at 12:47 AM Posted August 3, 2024 at 12:47 AM Jesus H. Christ! Some of you on here really do make a$$holes like myself look like saints. The dang performance is NOT from a 2015 recording! She wants to prove to herself she can do this again. Using a dang track from 9 years ago isn’t going to do that. Some of you lot need to get a grip on reality. Yea I was not sure myself if it was from the 2015 AMAS performance or not, I had only asked because of the stuff I have read on both this forum & on social media, & just wondered if it was true or not. The other performance was from nearly 9 years ago so I did not remember much from it, that was so long ago lol, A LOT of things has happened since 9 years ago. But seriously, I do agree 100% that we all should just be GRATEFUL & PROUD that Celine went out there & performed that song & tried her very best & everything, considering everything she has been through the last few years!! It makes me wonder if some of these fans on this forum or on social media have watched Celines recent documentary or not, because if they have watched it then they should be MORE APPRECIATIVE & MORE UNDERSTANDING of whatever Celine is able to give us right now instead of just being OVERLY CRITICAL of everything she does & demanding more & more from her as if nothing else has happened during the past few years!! Sheesh smdh!! 1 Quote
québecflower Posted August 3, 2024 at 12:52 AM Posted August 3, 2024 at 12:52 AM (edited) yes! and the space was so small.... Celine is really a brave woman! Edited August 3, 2024 at 12:53 AM by québecflower Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
québecflower Posted August 3, 2024 at 12:54 AM Posted August 3, 2024 at 12:54 AM https://www.facebook.com/share/r/TsmfeQAX7aqe5vEJ/?mibextid=UalRPS Looking at this footage of where the stage was actually positioned on the tower, I think this would have taken a lot of guts to even just stand on that makeshift stage and with the added element of the rain causing it to be slippery, she clearly doesn’t have a fear of heights. I know she was harnessed but even so. We really must applaud her bravery, in every sense 👏🏻the bravery to take an old recording ? This is what you think... Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
catlovergirl1982 Posted August 3, 2024 at 12:54 AM Posted August 3, 2024 at 12:54 AM OMG. Why are u like that? It s a new recording! Sorry I was just asking as I was not sure myself if it was from the 2015 AMAS performance or not, I had only asked because of the stuff I have been reading on both this forum & on social media, & just wondered if it was true or not. & no I did not watch the performance live when I was on TV, I was at work while it was on TV, so I watched it later on Facebook, I saw a link of the performance on my Facebook feed. & plus the other performance was from nearly 9 years ago so I did not remember much from it, that was so long ago lol, A LOT of things has happened since 9 years ago. But seriously, I do agree 100% that we all should just be GRATEFUL & PROUD that Celine went out there & performed that song & tried her very best & everything, considering everything she has been through the last few years!! It makes me wonder if some of these fans on this forum or on social media have watched Celines recent documentary or not, because if they have watched it then they should be MORE APPRECIATIVE & MORE UNDERSTANDING of whatever Celine is able to give us right now instead of just being OVERLY CRITICAL of everything she does & demanding more & more from her as if nothing else has happened during the past few years!! Sheesh smdh!! Quote
stone Posted August 3, 2024 at 01:24 AM Posted August 3, 2024 at 01:24 AM AsPer Usual, The fun has been sucked out of such a joyous moment.Gotta love the forum…. 6 Quote
catlovergirl1982 Posted August 3, 2024 at 01:48 AM Posted August 3, 2024 at 01:48 AM This is 2015 below. See above in the previous post for 2024 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifyz98_eWd4&pp=ygUWY2VsaW5lIGRpb24gMjAxNSBoeW1uIA%3D%3D Thank you so much for your reply back, I have watched the one from last week... VERY BEAUTIFUL!! I was just asking because of the stuff written on both this forum & on social media about the new performance being "a recording of the 2015 performance" & was just wondering if there was truth to that or not, that is all. But either way, I think it was COURAGEOUS & WONDERFUL for Celine to do all that she did, considering g everything she has been through these past few years! We should all be VERY GRATEFUL & VERY THANKFUL for everything we do get from Celine from now on considering what she is going through now with her health, God bless her heart! Quote
catlovergirl1982 Posted August 3, 2024 at 01:52 AM Posted August 3, 2024 at 01:52 AM Supposedly when she was mysteriously in Boston a few months ago, but not 100% sure the details Ohhhhh, when was this (the Boston thing) that you are talking about? Wow I had no idea she was in Boston! Sorry I have had sooooo much going on in my own life lately both personally & professionally, that I have lost track of things lol, & I have just recently came back from a long vacation with my family, so that is why I have not been on the forum much lately, I have been busy busy busy lol, but it is ALLLLL GOOD lol Quote
CourageProject Posted August 3, 2024 at 02:15 AM Posted August 3, 2024 at 02:15 AM Ohhhhh, when was this (the Boston thing) that you are talking about? Wow I had no idea she was in Boston! Sorry I have had sooooo much going on in my own life lately both personally & professionally, that I have lost track of things lol, & I have just recently came back from a long vacation with my family, so that is why I have not been on the forum much lately, I have been busy busy busy lol, but it is ALLLLL GOOD lol ����A) I think you've lost track of time for a long time. you really think we miss you being inactive from the forum? Anyways, yes she was in Boston where she went to the museum and games, and probably recorded the track at Berkeley or something Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.