jpatdeleon09 Posted July 31, 2024 at 07:51 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 07:51 PM Well, that makes a lot of sense. I'm glad they used playback for TSMGO and MHWGO at the ceremonies in 2016-17 - those performances are so iconic. So yeah, I have nothing against usage of a pre-record (as long as it's not the same old Power of Love playback used for decades ). TSMGO yes but the MHWGO? I’m still stuck at the A New Day version. That is best version for me Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:01 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:01 PM The data shows this was not a live performance, as it was pitch corrected in the studio. I just really wonder why the musical director would say otherwise... I don't care either way, I adore the performance. I love that guy. At least he knows and very understanding. He knew details even the risk of singing live in that weather. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:03 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:03 PM Sometimes delays are caused by multi cameras to have different angles of the same shoot, this was an outside event not an indoor. But the most important, it Was an amazing performance. According to a friend of mine, it was her best vocals in years. It’s really best to watch and listen it in person. Quote
rathnakumar Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:12 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:12 PM (edited) The data shows this was not a live performance, as it was pitch corrected in the studio. I just really wonder why the musical director would say otherwise... I don't care either way, I adore the performance. This video truly pisses me off. I understand that it's just an analysis, but it just feels like it's kicking someone who's trying to climb up. Like what's the point? She was able to sing this either way in a studio, which in itself is impressive. I am sure I'm the only one who feels this way, but this video feels like it's in bad taste to me. I just don't want some haters to use this video to put her down. Edited July 31, 2024 at 08:13 PM by rathnakumar 4 Quote https://www.instagram.com/p/C8RuNzZPAdh/
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:16 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:16 PM (edited) “Her voice are made to sound mechanical” yeah i have noticed that since the release of her TCWT 2010 That only means. CHANGE YOUR PRODUCER CELINE! It’s time:) Edited July 31, 2024 at 08:17 PM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:18 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:18 PM (edited) This video truly pisses me off. I understand that it's just an analysis, but it just feels like it's kicking someone who's trying to climb up. Like what's the point? She was able to sing this either way in a studio, which in itself is impressive. I am sure I'm the only one who feels this way, but this video feels like it's in bad taste to me. I just don't want some haters to use this video to put her down. I’m glad that most comments in that video are positive and understanding but yeah haters will hate. Don’t worry a lot of haters have made so much videos about her pre recorded vocals. Nothing happens but what happens is their idol got the hate about lipping. Karma. Edited July 31, 2024 at 08:21 PM by jpatdeleon09 2 Quote
rathnakumar Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:33 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:33 PM I'm glad that most comments in that video are positive and understanding but yeah haters will hate. Don't worry a lot of haters have made so much videos about her pre recorded vocals. Nothing happens but what happens is their idol got the hate about lipping. Karma. Thank you for reassuring me. Hehe. I feel better now. Quote https://www.instagram.com/p/C8RuNzZPAdh/
CelineDionFreak Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:49 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 08:49 PM I don’t know if this was shared! But here’s her coming out of the hotel from inside on her way to the Olympics!! https://www.instagram.com/reel/C95MiS-sGkD/?igsh=MXRpOGs3ajZkcm5icw== 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
lyn Posted July 31, 2024 at 09:05 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 09:05 PM I don’t know if this was shared! But here’s her coming out of the hotel from inside on her way to the Olympics!! https://www.instagram.com/reel/C95MiS-sGkD/?igsh=MXRpOGs3ajZkcm5icw== Nice! Also hilariously his was the next reel that played randomly for me https://www.instagram.com/reel/C97qy-aM81_/?igsh=aWtrbm9qOXVnYWVz 1 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
Holborn Posted July 31, 2024 at 09:39 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 09:39 PM (edited) I'm glad that most comments in that video are positive and understanding but yeah haters will hate. Don't worry a lot of haters have made so much videos about her pre recorded vocals. Nothing happens but what happens is their idol got the hate about lipping. Karma. The issue I see with these comments isn't the whether or not it is accepted to lip to a pre-recorded performance, although I did read more than a few who cannot accept it whatsoever as if it's the ultimate betrayal , the issue is the people who actually don't believe that Celine can still sing because of SPS and keep referencing the LA session or other parts of the doc as her current and future standard. In that way, the docu has created an idea in their minds that it's very hard to alter, especially given that the vast majority of these people won't follow Celine in the future to see her possible improvement. The aforementioned, along with the fact that Celine lips perfectly, will make many have doubts about her true capabilities and that's quite sad. I feel it will take a lot of effort and time to convince the general public that she's still got it. Edited July 31, 2024 at 09:42 PM by Holborn Quote
drove all night Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:01 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:01 PM I'm not sure if that was already posted. It was posted by the Premier Minister of Québèc François Legault on July 27 with the video in full length and without comments: "L'hymne à l'amour de Céline aux JO de ParisQuelle fierté!Notre Céline qui chante L’hymne à l’amour d’Édith Piaf aux Cérémonies d’ouverture des Jeux Olympiques de Paris!" (Translation: Céline's L'hymne à l'amour at the Paris OlympicsHow proud we are!Our very own Céline singing Édith Piaf's L'hymne à l'amour at the Opening Ceremonies of the Paris Olympic Games!) https://www.facebook.com/FrancoisLegaultPremierMinistre/videos/1761862717675776 1 Quote
Balao Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:17 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:17 PM This video truly pisses me off. I understand that it's just an analysis, but it just feels like it's kicking someone who's trying to climb up. Like what's the point? She was able to sing this either way in a studio, which in itself is impressive. I am sure I'm the only one who feels this way, but this video feels like it's in bad taste to me. I just don't want some haters to use this video to put her down. Your comment makes me wonder if you have actually seen the video. He keeps talking about how impressive is her singing even if recorded in studio. He's aware of her health issues and praises her merits. At one point he even said that had the recording not been pitch corrected, it would have sounded better. 2 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:26 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:26 PM (edited) Would you guys want her to return to her Vegas shows if she completely lost her voice? When I watched the doc. I thought "Celine just get on that stage we don't care if you sing live or not" but reading some comments I'm not so sure anymore.If she completely lost her voice she'd better retire from performing on stage like Julie Andrews did. Edited July 31, 2024 at 10:27 PM by GoldenLeaf 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:29 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:29 PM The issue I see with these comments isn't the whether or not it is accepted to lip to a pre-recorded performance, although I did read more than a few who cannot accept it whatsoever as if it's the ultimate betrayal , the issue is the people who actually don't believe that Celine can still sing because of SPS and keep referencing the LA session or other parts of the doc as her current and future standard. In that way, the docu has created an idea in their minds that it's very hard to alter, especially given that the vast majority of these people won't follow Celine in the future to see her possible improvement. The aforementioned, along with the fact that Celine lips perfectly, will make many have doubts about her true capabilities and that's quite sad. I feel it will take a lot of effort and time to convince the general public that she's still got it. Hmmm that sounds familiar lol Quote
tshlw Posted August 1, 2024 at 12:56 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 12:56 AM Celine Dion Reflects, More Celebs React To Olympics Comeback Performance 2 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
tshlw Posted August 1, 2024 at 01:20 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 01:20 AM Back in full force! Celine Dion Breath Taking Performance at the Olympics 2024! @CelineDion Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
idroveallnight Posted August 1, 2024 at 02:56 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 02:56 AM (edited) Here’s another theory from the comments on one of those vids which I discredited in a reply. @TheBrightmanFan I know the truth. A close friend of mine was part of the technical team. I can't say his name for obvious reasons. The recording we all watched on TV that night was recorded at 3:00 am the night before. (That's why you don't see the blue lasers that were on the night of the ceremony.) In the recording we all saw, Celine was singing live. Then a producer applied pitch correction and that recording was the one we all watched. In short, Celine sang on the Eiffel Tower and that was what was broadcast that night, but she recorded it at 3:00 am. Obviously she appeared again on the night of the ceremony but what was broadcast on TV was the recording from the early morning I replied: Totally false. The 3am recording was a rehearsal. Celine’s hair and makeup were completely different. That recording is already on social media btw as well as the video of her returning to the hotel at 5am. Fans followed her every move. Celine was standing on the Eiffel Tower live during the opening ceremony singing and there is footage of her leaving the Eiffel Tower stage and returning to the hotel to greet fans. Let’s not plant misinformed stories and discredit her amazing performance. She is a legend, end of story Edited August 1, 2024 at 02:58 AM by idroveallnight Quote
takeachance Posted August 1, 2024 at 03:32 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 03:32 AM It would make you sick what all the freaks with no lives are making up about her online. Just enjoy and appreciate the performance and stop ruining it for everyone with mental conspiracy theories….. this world is so full of crazies …….. 5 Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
kaye2023 Posted August 1, 2024 at 03:38 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 03:38 AM The data shows this was not a live performance, as it was pitch corrected in the studio. I just really wonder why the musical director would say otherwise... I don't care either way, I adore the performance. I greatly enjoy Fil's videos! Thanks for sharing this. Can't believe he covered it so early, but the deluge of requests cannot be ignored lol Interesting analysis, would LOVE to hear the uncorrected version, but I guess that will never see the light of day. Can't say who is not being accurate about what happened, though a pre-recorded vocals would make more sense to me for such an event, but same as you, it doesn't matter to me. The performance was great, the 2024 version is far superior than 2015's (a performance I like for many reasons as well) and I'm just glad it exists. And I'm glad Céline received so much attention and respect for it, and that will no doubt be included in her career performance highlights. Every comment I read that goes along the line of "I don't really like her/her music, but wow, that was spectacular!" gives me the fuzzies. Quote
marc-02 Posted August 1, 2024 at 04:05 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 04:05 AM (edited) Your comment makes me wonder if you have actually seen the video. He keeps talking about how impressive is her singing even if recorded in studio. He's aware of her health issues and praises her merits. At one point he even said that had the recording not been pitch corrected, it would have sounded better. I agree. I watch this guy's videos all the time. And believe me, he loooves Celine. When discussijg pitch correction by other artists, he always pulls up a Celine vocal for comparison and says how Celine's natural/uncorrected pitch is always the gold standard. This is just one of the rare instances he says Celine did actually pitch correction. Edited August 1, 2024 at 04:07 AM by marc-02 3 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted August 1, 2024 at 04:09 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 04:09 AM (edited) Clearly now Celine's voice is under a magnificient glass more than ever. I bet that Wings of Pegasus guy from YouTube (no offence to him though, he seems nice) is going to analyse every single song from Celine's forthcoming Las Vegas shows serie. I just hope her pre-recorded vocals ratio will stay minimalist just like in the Courage World Tour so it won't tarnish her reputation. Edited August 1, 2024 at 04:11 AM by GoldenLeaf Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 1, 2024 at 04:10 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 04:10 AM More clips beside the seine river https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSYwWGrMS/ 1 Quote
Chantemoi Posted August 1, 2024 at 05:06 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 05:06 AM Here’s another theory from the comments on one of those vids which I discredited in a reply. @TheBrightmanFan I know the truth. A close friend of mine was part of the technical team. I can't say his name for obvious reasons. The recording we all watched on TV that night was recorded at 3:00 am the night before. (That's why you don't see the blue lasers that were on the night of the ceremony.) In the recording we all saw, Celine was singing live. Then a producer applied pitch correction and that recording was the one we all watched. In short, Celine sang on the Eiffel Tower and that was what was broadcast that night, but she recorded it at 3:00 am. Obviously she appeared again on the night of the ceremony but what was broadcast on TV was the recording from the early morning I replied: Totally false. The 3am recording was a rehearsal. Celine’s hair and makeup were completely different. That recording is already on social media btw as well as the video of her returning to the hotel at 5am. Fans followed her every move. Celine was standing on the Eiffel Tower live during the opening ceremony singing and there is footage of her leaving the Eiffel Tower stage and returning to the hotel to greet fans. Let’s not plant misinformed stories and discredit her amazing performance. She is a legend, end of story Another obvious point: it was raining during the rehearsal, but they could not have known positively that it would be raining the next night during the proper performance 2 Quote
rhapsodion Posted August 1, 2024 at 05:22 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 05:22 AM Sorry if this was posted before. My first time coming across this rehearsal footage. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-E1pL2obnX/?igsh=YnRraXdqYmk0NWFl Quote
kaye2023 Posted August 1, 2024 at 05:34 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 05:34 AM To be fair, if what we heard/was broadcasted was playback, the musical director wasn't necessarily "lying" when he says Céline sang live. Technically, she probably did, 100% effort in, especially to make the performance physicality look authentic (breathing, muscle tensions in face/neck, eventhechinwobblewhynot lol cracks me up Fil mentioned it) but with a dead mic. The audio input for the venue sounds and broadcast was the playback There are studio shows that require performers to lip (e.g. The Mamas and The Papas banana trolling, anyone? and more modern bands) what more an outdoor venue and with the viewer size of the Olympics. I can't see how it's a point against the artist if it's a producers' common SOP. 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 1, 2024 at 06:46 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 06:46 AM (edited) To be fair, if what we heard/was broadcasted was playback, the musical director wasn't necessarily "lying" when he says Céline sang live. Technically, she probably did, 100% effort in, especially to make the performance physicality look authentic (breathing, muscle tensions in face/neck, eventhechinwobblewhynot lol cracks me up Fil mentioned it) but with a dead mic. The audio input for the venue sounds and broadcast was the playback There are studio shows that require performers to lip (e.g. The Mamas and The Papas banana trolling, anyone? and more modern bands) what more an outdoor venue and with the viewer size of the Olympics. I can't see how it's a point against the artist if it's a producers' common SOP. Actually, when she lipsyncs she still sings but the mic is off. That’s why you can still see her vibrato (in neck, chest) moving. And there’s been fails where the sound engineer forget to turn off the mic for a sec. you can hear her singing. Edited August 1, 2024 at 06:47 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
kaye2023 Posted August 1, 2024 at 06:47 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 06:47 AM Forgot to add the example that even Michael Jackson lipped Superbowl, as do majority of half-time performers. Lipping big events is a nothingburger. In my previous comment, I mentioned the playback possibly used for the venue and broadcast + 100% performance but with a dead mic. I was further curious about the use of playbacks. if it can be split: live vocals at the venue + playback for broadcast. Apparently it can (and perhaps this was what happened?): Whitney Houston's "The Star-Spangled Banner" Superbowl performance: "It was also lip synced, said her producer. Rickey Minor, who has produced multiple Super Bowl performances (including Houston's), told TODAY Houston was singing live on the field. But the version heard at home on the TV broadcast was a pre-recording. I've watched that awesome performance on YT a handful of times and am surprised it's a track. I have to say, absolutely fantastic lip syncing. That and/or the editing was excellent if there was broadcast delay. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 1, 2024 at 06:50 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 06:50 AM Forgot to add the example that even Michael Jackson lipped Superbowl, as do majority of half-time performers. Lipping big events is a nothingburger. In my previous comment, I mentioned the playback possibly used for the venue and broadcast + 100% performance but with a dead mic. I was further curious about the use of playbacks. if it can be split: live vocals at the venue + playback for broadcast. Apparently it can (and perhaps this was what happened?): Whitney Houston's "The Star-Spangled Banner" Superbowl performance: "It was also lip synced, said her producer. Rickey Minor, who has produced multiple Super Bowl performances (including Houston's), told TODAY Houston was singing live on the field. But the version heard at home on the TV broadcast was a pre-recording. I've watched that awesome performance on YT a handful of times and am surprised it's a track. I have to say, absolutely fantastic lip syncing. That and/or the editing was excellent if there was broadcast delay. Exactly, in events like this it’s mostly pre recorded even Mariah Carey’s Star Spangled Banner performance. So, I don’t get why the worry is so much since this Olympic event is considered as excempted for lipping. Wait for her concert, There we will witness her current voice. Quote
kaye2023 Posted August 1, 2024 at 06:53 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 06:53 AM Actually, when she lipsyncs she still sings but the mic is off. That's why you can still see her vibrato (in neck, chest) moving. And there's been fails where the sound engineer forget to turn off the mic for a sec. you can hear her singing. Yep, but I mean at a 100% performance level, the way she would as if performing without playback. I wouldn't be surprised if she/others who lip sing along with lesser effort or mimes on other occasions. Quote
Tyler1991 Posted August 1, 2024 at 07:20 AM Posted August 1, 2024 at 07:20 AM This is kinda crazy to me. I honestly thought the idea of Céline's first performance back being on a stage where lip syncing is required and live singing is banned would have been a great idea. Mainly because it eliminates the possible disappointment people have of her making that choice herself and choosing to lip at an event where others did sing live. I think eliminating the question was a fantastic idea because realistically the very first high profile public return performance was always going to be lipped. (Similar to how both 2016 and 2017 bbmas were lipped even though she generally had stronger than normal live percentages around those times). It's weird how spokespeople double down on the live singing even though it's completely unrealistic that the most watched event in the world is allowing it's broadcast production to sacrifice control of their sound quality to let unknown factors of weather and the unknown effect the output. I do love that Céline's reputation as a live singer amongst many is so highly perceived that many think she would never lip sync and prefer to just assume or believe it's live instead of actually thinking about logic. 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.