Jump to content

Céline Dion and the Paris 2024 Summer Olympic Games


Recommended Posts

Posted
Anyone have a link to download a HQ mp3 version of the song ?
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

 

Actually, when she lipsyncs she still sings but the mic is off. That’s why you can still see her vibrato (in neck, chest) moving. And there’s been fails where the sound engineer forget to turn off the mic for a sec. you can hear her singing.

 

The mic isn't off. She is wearing her inner ears so she can hear her voice and the music plus the click track. Might not be as loud but her mic is not turned off. Even if she is singing along to a pre recorded track, she still sings. She is not up there mouthing the words. She does love to sing and that is how she conveys such emotion, even with playback. (And yes I know u also mentioned that she sings for real)

Edited by superstar85ca
Posted

 

 

The mic isn't off. She is wearing her inner ears so she can hear her voice and the music plus the click track. Might not be as loud but her mic is not turned off.

 

I know.. I’m talking about in concert when she do it. She still sings over the pre recorded track

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
I dont know if people understand the magnitude of a production like this. Singing in the rain in the middle of the frigging Eifel Tower - there is no room for error, and a lot can go wrong. They need safety nets. It's show business!! It's no secret that Celine is the best singer in the world. She should just sing the damn song at home acoustically with someone on piano or guitar - and then be like mic drop. And on that note, (no pun intended) I am done with that topic personally. See ya elsewhere on the forum! Edited by superstar85ca
  • Like 2
Posted

Here’s another theory from the comments on one of those vids which I discredited in a reply.

 

 

@TheBrightmanFan

I know the truth. A close friend of mine was part of the technical team. I can't say his name for obvious reasons. The recording we all watched on TV that night was recorded at 3:00 am the night before. (That's why you don't see the blue lasers that were on the night of the ceremony.) In the recording we all saw, Celine was singing live. Then a producer applied pitch correction and that recording was the one we all watched. In short, Celine sang on the Eiffel Tower and that was what was broadcast that night, but she recorded it at 3:00 am. Obviously she appeared again on the night of the ceremony but what was broadcast on TV was the recording from the early morning

 

I replied:

 

Totally false. The 3am recording was a rehearsal. Celine’s hair and makeup were completely different. That recording is already on social media btw as well as the video of her returning to the hotel at 5am. Fans followed her every move. Celine was standing on the Eiffel Tower live during the opening ceremony singing and there is footage of her leaving the Eiffel Tower stage and returning to the hotel to greet fans. Let’s not plant misinformed stories and discredit her amazing performance. She is a legend, end of story

 

Actually was Mariah singing 😅🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

 

Those crazy people needs to get a life

  • Like 1

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
The fact that so many people don't understand why a pre-recorded track has been used is mind-blowing 🤯Educate yourself people!
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

Ariana and Frankie's reaction:

 

 

Ariana saying: "I'm crying."

Edited by marc-02
  • Like 2
Posted

8.3M on IG!

 

Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk

 

 

Posted

8.3M on IG!

 

Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk

 

I want so bad an official clip and the audio on streaming Platforms.

  • Like 3
Posted
Someone I know on my Facebook feed. Céline is really having a moment.

post-37582-0-89251700-1722546856_thumb.jpeg

  • Like 4
Posted
Someone I know on my Facebook feed. Céline is really having a moment.
I think a lot of people who were not fans felt like this person. This is amazing !

 

Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk

 

 

Posted

Ok, I miss her already.

How on earth did we manage without her for 3/4 years?

  • Like 2
Posted

Do what you want of this info:

 

The performance everyone saw live on TV was filmed the night before.

 

She WAS standing on the Eiffel tower during the LIVE performance during the Olympics, but it wasn't actually filmed. The close-up images of her and Scott Price were recorded at another time, probably shortly before or after the rehearsal video that's going around. My guess is they did more than one take during the rehearsal.

 

Where are the lasers?

 

I'm surprised so few people mentioned how we can't actually see any lasers on any of the close-up shots. Those aren't your usual light spots used in concerts, lasers would be clearly visible on those close-up shots looking upwards and towards the crowd, no matter the angle they're filmed. But they're not.

 

As bad as it could sound, the whole performance was pre-recorded, and Celine was softly singing along a (probably recently) pre-recorded track. We can't hear the live mic feed in the broadcast performance, only the pre-recorded track.

 

Before you think I'm bashing Celine here, you have to understand that those are technical limitations and logistic issues that Celine and her team don't get to decide. This is broadcast live to more than 2 billion people, in an extremely unusual place which is not at all suited nor equipped for a live music performance, let alone a performance of that caliber. So many things can go wrong that it wouldn't make any sense to risk having anything malfunctioning and ruin the whole thing.

 

All that being said, I'm SO happy that Celine seems to be back, and I think this performance will go down as one of the most famous and iconic music performances in modern times.

  • Like 3
Posted
I was under the assumption that Celine and Company would release her version of Hymn of Love this Friday. Sad not to see any posts of release elsewhere in the world or an official post from TeamCeline. I am hoping they release an official video, on streaming services, and we can buy an mp3/cd/vinyl single of it. Celine sounded a-maz-ing last Friday!! Hope we hear something soon! 🫶🏻🤞🎹
Posted (edited)

Do what you want of this info:

 

The performance everyone saw live on TV was filmed the night before.

 

If true, this would explain why we can't see any lasers in this shot: https://youtu.be/smKqMiGXxl4?t=219 And also why the "rehearsal" the night before lasted all the way until 5am.

 

Reminds me of when she filmed the Sans Attendre special and Whitney tribute at 3am back in 2012

 

They did something similar with Gaga, who wasn't actually there while her performance aired.. At least Celine was on the tower.

https://www.reddit.c...t_the_olympics/

Edited by rpopowski
  • Like 1
Posted

next stop on the theories discussion:

Celine wasn't in Paris at all... it was a hologram

 

like, seriously?

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Do what you want of this info:

 

The performance everyone saw live on TV was filmed the night before.

 

She WAS standing on the Eiffel tower during the LIVE performance during the Olympics, but it wasn't actually filmed. The close-up images of her and Scott Price were recorded at another time, probably shortly before or after the rehearsal video that's going around. My guess is they did more than one take during the rehearsal.

 

Where are the lasers?

 

I'm surprised so few people mentioned how we can't actually see any lasers on any of the close-up shots. Those aren't your usual light spots used in concerts, lasers would be clearly visible on those close-up shots looking upwards and towards the crowd, no matter the angle they're filmed. But they're not.

 

As bad as it could sound, the whole performance was pre-recorded, and Celine was softly singing along a (probably recently) pre-recorded track. We can't hear the live mic feed in the broadcast performance, only the pre-recorded track.

 

Before you think I'm bashing Celine here, you have to understand that those are technical limitations and logistic issues that Celine and her team don't get to decide. This is broadcast live to more than 2 billion people, in an extremely unusual place which is not at all suited nor equipped for a live music performance, let alone a performance of that caliber. So many things can go wrong that it wouldn't make any sense to risk having anything malfunctioning and ruin the whole thing.

 

All that being said, I'm SO happy that Celine seems to be back, and I think this performance will go down as one of the most famous and iconic music performances in modern times.

 

First:

what's the source of your affirmation?

 

Second:

you do realize the stage she was is a tiny space in the middle of a enormous tower right?

the close up cam couldn't even capture the edges of the tower side...

and if you pay attention to the recordings, a section of lasers was ABOVE the line of that black think behind her... and another was FAR BELLOW where she was... IMPOSSIBLE for the cam to catch that because of the angle... and the laser were in parallel with her, not crossing in front of her (excluding the end of the performance, that I'll point latter)...

 

check at 1:03 time mark:

l'ouverture de la cérémonie de olympique,la performance de Céline Dion... | Pódio Da Ginástica Individual - Paris 2024 | TikTok

 

Third:

the lasers were never pointed in Celine's direction, they were pointed to the audience... and the only time lasers were crossed in a lot of directions was at the end....

by this video we can see there were lasers on the ground too, by the tower's feet and under it, and others were at the OTHER SIDE of the river, near the audience:

Tristan Bromet | #celinedion #paris #france #paris2024 | Instagram

 

Fourth:

we CAN see lasers in Celine's close up!!! and it's exactly at the part from the third argument...

check here at 4:56:

Hymne À L'amour (live at Paris 2024 Olympics Opening Ceremony).mkv - Google Drive

 

if you look at the very top of the video, you will see a lot of blue lines going in the same direction... THOSE ARE THE LASERS!

 

PLUS: look at the google drive link, at 5:10 time mark.. in the "Dieu re - U - nit..." there's literally a laser crossing in front of the camera.

 

another reason for the laser not being THAT visible in Celine's close ups, are those white spotlights all over the place surrounding Celine... that "anull" the lights of the lasers significantly... AND THE QUALITY OF THE IMAGE... some videos were in a poor low resolution...

 

here is a snapshot I took from a 4K video, at the same time mark, that I altered some aspects like bright, contrast, and blue color... HERE ARE THE LASERS:FBMb2aI.jpeg

(Imgur: The magic of the Internet)

 

And if anyone think this is photoshop, that I put those lines there... you can try yourself, download the video from the link above.

 

Fifth:

well, if that all these arguments are not enough for you, answer me this: why the hell would the put Celine at the tower during the showing of the "recorded performance", risking her, losting her time, doing all the logistics to get her there AGAIN... just for showing a recorded thing?

 

...

 

I want you to understand that I'm not attacking you, neither mad at you... I'm just validating my arguments.

If peopler want to discuss things, that's okay... but we need start sharing evidences and proofs to our arguments...

I hope you don't get offended

 

 

EDIT: I forgot to mention about the lipping... THIS IS A WELL KNOWN PRACTICE... and the ones who know her, and the minimum of these type of events already knew she wasn't singing live... so discuss live/lipped is a lost of time...

Edited by MaiconSC
  • Like 4
Posted

First:

what's the source of your affirmation?

 

Second:

you do realize the stage she was is a tiny space in the middle of a enormous tower right?

the close up cam couldn't even capture the edges of the tower side...

and if you pay attention to the recordings, a section of lasers was ABOVE the line of that black think behind her... and another was FAR BELLOW where she was... IMPOSSIBLE for the cam to catch that because of the angle... and the laser were in parallel with her, not crossing in front of her (excluding the end of the performance, that I'll point latter)...

 

check at 1:03 time mark:

l'ouverture de la cérémonie de olympique,la performance de Céline Dion... | Pódio Da Ginástica Individual - Paris 2024 | TikTok

 

Third:

the lasers were never pointed in Celine's direction, they were pointed to the audience... and the only time lasers were crossed in a lot of directions was at the end....

by this video we can see there were lasers on the ground too, by the tower's feet and under it, and others were at the OTHER SIDE of the river, near the audience:

Tristan Bromet | #celinedion #paris #france #paris2024 | Instagram

 

Fourth:

we CAN see lasers in Celine's close up!!! and it's exactly at the part from the third argument...

check here at 4:56:

Hymne À L'amour (live at Paris 2024 Olympics Opening Ceremony).mkv - Google Drive

 

if you look at the very top of the video, you will see a lot of blue lines going in the same direction... THOSE ARE THE LASERS!

 

PLUS: look at the google drive link, at 5:10 time mark.. in the "Dieu re - U - nit..." there's literally a laser crossing in front of the camera.

 

another reason for the laser not being THAT visible in Celine's close ups, are those white spotlights all over the place surrounding Celine... that "anull" the lights of the lasers significantly... AND THE QUALITY OF THE IMAGE... some videos were in a poor low resolution...

 

here is a snapshot I took from a 4K video, at the same time mark, that I altered some aspects like bright, contrast, and blue color... HERE ARE THE LASERS

And if anyone think this is photoshop, that I put those lines there... you can try yourself, download the video from the link above.

 

Fifth:

well, if that all these arguments are not enough for you, answer me this: why the hell would the put Celine at the tower during the showing of the "recorded performance", risking her, losting her time, doing all the logistics to get her there AGAIN... just for showing a recorded thing?

 

...

 

I want you to understand that I'm not attacking you, neither mad at you... I'm just validating my arguments.

If peopler want to discuss things, that's okay... but we need start sharing evidences and proofs to our arguments...

I hope you don't get offended

 

 

EDIT: I forgot to mention about the lipping... THIS IS A WELL KNOWN PRACTICE... and the ones who know her, and the minimum of these type of events already knew she wasn't singing live... so discuss live/lipped is a lost of time...

 

Like I said, do what you want of this info, I'm not saying this is my own claim, sorry if it came across like that. It's just a subject I find interesting to talk about.

 

You are right about the lasers in the video, the are extremely hard to see but seem to be present. I'm also not sure if the rehearsal was done with the complete light show or not ?

 

I think we can have a respectful discussion about this more technical side of things, that doesn't mean we think Celine can't sing or is trying to trick us or anything like that. People need to understand that.

Posted
In case the next theory is that she pre-recorded the performance with the lasers on, I'd like to point out to the audience sitting at the Trocadero square and in the bridge filming her (real time) with their cell phones, some having their flashlights on ala the MHWGO moment.
  • Like 2
Posted

Like I said, do what you want of this info, I'm not saying this is my own claim, sorry if it came across like that. It's just a subject I find interesting to talk about.

 

You are right about the lasers in the video, the are extremely hard to see but seem to be present. I'm also not sure if the rehearsal was done with the complete light show or not ?

 

I think we can have a respectful discussion about this more technical side of things, that doesn't mean we think Celine can't sing or is trying to trick us or anything like that. People need to understand that.

 

yes I understand... but if there's no proof of the performance being filmed not in real time... I don't see the point of bringing it here...

but did the the points I showed here at least finished your doubts of "no lasers" ?

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

First:

what's the source of your affirmation?

 

Second:

you do realize the stage she was is a tiny space in the middle of a enormous tower right?

the close up cam couldn't even capture the edges of the tower side...

and if you pay attention to the recordings, a section of lasers was ABOVE the line of that black think behind her... and another was FAR BELLOW where she was... IMPOSSIBLE for the cam to catch that because of the angle... and the laser were in parallel with her, not crossing in front of her (excluding the end of the performance, that I'll point latter)...

 

check at 1:03 time mark:

l'ouverture de la cérémonie de olympique,la performance de Céline Dion... | Pódio Da Ginástica Individual - Paris 2024 | TikTok

 

Third:

the lasers were never pointed in Celine's direction, they were pointed to the audience... and the only time lasers were crossed in a lot of directions was at the end....

by this video we can see there were lasers on the ground too, by the tower's feet and under it, and others were at the OTHER SIDE of the river, near the audience:

Tristan Bromet | #celinedion #paris #france #paris2024 | Instagram

 

Fourth:

we CAN see lasers in Celine's close up!!! and it's exactly at the part from the third argument...

check here at 4:56:

Hymne À L'amour (live at Paris 2024 Olympics Opening Ceremony).mkv - Google Drive

 

if you look at the very top of the video, you will see a lot of blue lines going in the same direction... THOSE ARE THE LASERS!

 

PLUS: look at the google drive link, at 5:10 time mark.. in the "Dieu re - U - nit..." there's literally a laser crossing in front of the camera.

 

another reason for the laser not being THAT visible in Celine's close ups, are those white spotlights all over the place surrounding Celine... that "anull" the lights of the lasers significantly... AND THE QUALITY OF THE IMAGE... some videos were in a poor low resolution...

 

here is a snapshot I took from a 4K video, at the same time mark, that I altered some aspects like bright, contrast, and blue color... HERE ARE THE LASERS:FBMb2aI.jpeg

(Imgur: The magic of the Internet)

 

And if anyone think this is photoshop, that I put those lines there... you can try yourself, download the video from the link above.

 

Fifth:

well, if that all these arguments are not enough for you, answer me this: why the hell would the put Celine at the tower during the showing of the "recorded performance", risking her, losting her time, doing all the logistics to get her there AGAIN... just for showing a recorded thing?

 

...

 

I want you to understand that I'm not attacking you, neither mad at you... I'm just validating my arguments.

If peopler want to discuss things, that's okay... but we need start sharing evidences and proofs to our arguments...

I hope you don't get offended

 

 

EDIT: I forgot to mention about the lipping... THIS IS A WELL KNOWN PRACTICE... and the ones who know her, and the minimum of these type of events already knew she wasn't singing live... so discuss live/lipped is a lost of time...

 

Wild claim that it was not performed in real time on the Eiffel Tower … you can literally see the audience in the area from that snapshot … think we need to leave this as a great performance for Celine and stop believing everything we see.

  • Like 3
Posted

It's weird how spokespeople double down on the live singing even though it's completely unrealistic that the most watched event in the world is allowing it's broadcast production to sacrifice control of their sound quality to let unknown factors of weather and the unknown effect the output.

 

It's possible musical director Le Masne was being truthful and correct that she sang live.

 

And those saying it was pre-recorded, like Fil/Wings of Pegasus's digital analysis of the clip off a French broadcast. are also correct.

 

Like the earlier Rickey Minor quote "Houston was singing live on the field. But the version heard at home on the TV broadcast was a pre-recording." My money's on this.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Like I said, do what you want of this info, I'm not saying this is my own claim, sorry if it came across like that. It's just a subject I find interesting to talk about.

 

You are right about the lasers in the video, the are extremely hard to see but seem to be present. I'm also not sure if the rehearsal was done with the complete light show or not ?

 

I think we can have a respectful discussion about this more technical side of things, that doesn't mean we think Celine can't sing or is trying to trick us or anything like that. People need to understand that.

 

So they filmed it the night before, *hoping* it would still be raining during the actual broadcast…? *Hoping* that out of the billons of people watching nobody would wonder, “Hey, why can’t we see the crowd of people beneath Eiffel Tower?” That seems far-fetched to me…

  • Like 2
Posted

 

 

It's possible musical director Le Masne was being truthful and correct that she sang live.

 

And those saying it was pre-recorded, like Fil/Wings of Pegasus's digital analysis of the clip off a French broadcast. are also correct.

 

Like the earlier Rickey Minor quote "Houston was singing live on the field. But the version heard at home on the TV broadcast was a pre-recording." My money's on this.

 

I knew she was lipping from her body language and the fact that she always wobbles her jaw/chin when she does playback. Was she still singing something? Perhaps, but not full voice — hence the exaggerated over-compensation of her mannerisms.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...