scielle Posted July 31, 2024 at 09:48 AM Author Posted July 31, 2024 at 09:48 AM Summarizes what’s been in industry press there last few days. Sigh, if only Celine’s version had been available for streaming…Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 2 Quote
Jeanette Posted July 31, 2024 at 09:53 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 09:53 AM Perhaps it ruins the magic because we now have 100% proof that what we heard on the night was the same pre-recorded track that we can hear in the rehearsal footage which was definitely a dress rehearsal from the night before! As someone pointed out, no makeup and hair in a messy bun so it’s not the actual performance. Also, totally on a side note someone mentioned her iPhone, I noticed she was using, I’m going to say gold (??) one with the black leather quilted cover mostly but in the last footage we see of her as she’s filming crowd, heading home, it looks like a dark, navy (??) one with no cover. Either hers was out of charge and she borrowed one or she has multiple phones. Celine with a burner, so to speak 😂 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted July 31, 2024 at 09:59 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 09:59 AM I have a problem...I'm still drunk on this performance. Show biz is smoke and mirrors. It's theatrics, plain and simple. 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
tomi_hr Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:03 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:03 AM (edited) Here: 2160p HLG H265 https://mega.nz/file...9XbvYLZE2kueh8E You can play with https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/ etc... Edited July 31, 2024 at 10:05 AM by tomi_hr 1 Quote
Leite Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:20 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:20 AM Hi i don'tknow if this has been posted yet. https://www.facebook.com/510958267/videos/2337752966616963/ Quote
ryba Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:26 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:26 AM To all you playback discussion people: go on the red heads facebook page. They posted a clip of Celine rehersing the night before and she is clearly singing live while you can hear the prerecorded track running in the background and man, she is slaying those high notes live! 1 Quote
Chantemoi Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:35 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:35 AM I don’t think her team will release the Olympics performance to her platforms… They would have done it already. What surprises me is this kind of incompetence has carried over from her previous management. I had such hope! 1 Quote
Ajax Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:44 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 10:44 AM (edited) To all you playback discussion people: go on the red heads facebook page. They posted a clip of Celine rehersing the night before and she is clearly singing live while you can hear the prerecorded track running in the background and man, she is slaying those high notes live! I only hear the pre recorded with here and there some more raspiness ? Edited July 31, 2024 at 10:44 AM by Ajax Quote
homerton Posted July 31, 2024 at 11:19 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 11:19 AM I think her voice sounds great oh the rehearsal. They are not stupid. The voice must be back or what will she do mime forever. No. It’s there. You can hear it. Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted July 31, 2024 at 11:30 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 11:30 AM I don't think her team will release the Olympics performance to her platforms… They would have done it already. What surprises me is this kind of incompetence has carried over from her previous management. I had such hope! Is there somoene who could have a direct contact with her team and ask or maybe we could sign a petition Quote
Remon Posted July 31, 2024 at 11:39 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 11:39 AM Fingers crossed for a Friday release. That would extend the hype wouldn’t it? Quote
scielle Posted July 31, 2024 at 11:45 AM Author Posted July 31, 2024 at 11:45 AM (edited) Spotify founder & CEO:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetIf only she had a French album ready to drop… Edited July 31, 2024 at 11:52 AM by scielle 2 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted July 31, 2024 at 12:13 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 12:13 PM Spotify founder & CEO:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetIf only she had a French album ready to drop… Realase L'hymne à l'amour as soon as possible, Come one Team Céline !!!! 1 Quote
Macaronie Posted July 31, 2024 at 12:15 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 12:15 PM Worst team ever. Even if they would release it later, the fever would be cooled down by Friday... 1 Quote
lyn Posted July 31, 2024 at 12:23 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 12:23 PM I only hear the pre recorded with here and there some more raspiness ? Sigh didn’t want to engage in this debate cos i’m 100% with Celine on ‘who cares just enjoy it’, but two important thoughts come to mind: 1) Remember the carpool karaoke vids.. there are so many points in there that I can’t even hear two voices singing because she’s that exact on her own records. Like Kelly Clarkson said, she’s a vocal athlete. She does with her vocal chords what Simone Biles does with her arms and legs. Simone does the exact same flip every time or she falls out of the sky. Celine has equally fine control over her voice that she can do the exact same trills and rasps at whichever microsecond she wants to. 2) The reason that’s hard to wrap one’s head around is it sounds inconceivably beyond what any other singer does, let alone mortals like us, but she’s Celine-fing-Dion. Then, you could throw some doubt that she can’t possibly sound like that with her disease, but that’s just projecting on a person and condition we, let alone all but a handful of doctors, know anything about. If anything, I expect her voice to get even BetTer than the last decade, now she knows what the problem actually is. And what do i know, but fwiw a jaw vibrato is a totally legitimate technique (see Whitney, Pavarotti sometimes) that she’s very possibly going to lean more on going forward. I get, I totally get, wanting to know the ‘truth’ of the art we’re receiving. It happens in everything from music to paintings because authenticity is at the core of art. But to me it comes down to the fact that she’s either very good at singing or very good at performing singing – and this whole debate is fundamentally praise because she’s so bloody good at either that I can’t tell which one she’s better at. And so either way, she’s very good, and I’m very happy. 3 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 31, 2024 at 12:46 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 12:46 PM (edited) My edit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVHXJiOYZPI Edited July 31, 2024 at 01:05 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:24 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:24 PM Spotify founder & CEO:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetIf only she had a French album ready to drop… Even the official website does not talk about the Olympic performance... What a useless team. 1 Quote
celinexvocals Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:28 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:28 PM I don’t know. The moment is purely magical and it ruins a bit the magic to see that and hear the pre recorded track. Plus I have the feeling that her real voice that we can hear is not that good I think it wasn’t a surprise that it is playback. And she always sang softly under the track to make it even more real. Quote
Céline RO Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:31 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:31 PM If they’re not going to release it, at least let others post it!! 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
drove all night Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:46 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:46 PM (edited) Does anyone up here have an idea where that preparation room was @Eiffel Tower? And: On the pictures one can also see the safety cord with which she was secured. Edited July 31, 2024 at 01:53 PM by drove all night Quote
mirage Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:00 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:00 PM (edited) Spotify founder & CEO:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetIf only she had a French album ready to dropIf only was it just a EP with whatever there was leftover.It would have been such a smart mov, somehow it feels like none of them thinks ahead of these things.Or they really just don't give a damn. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Edited July 31, 2024 at 02:01 PM by mirage 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:07 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:07 PM Does anyone up here have an idea where that preparation room was @Eiffel Tower? And: On the pictures one can also see the safety cord with which she was secured. It appears to be the restraunt in the Eiffel Tower that she can Scott performed on the roof of. Quote
drove all night Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:07 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:07 PM Some more screencaps of the UNBELIEVABLE rehearsal video which makes one even more aware about that HUGE undertaking to perform at the Eiffel Tower. I guess in the back there's RC standing (?) also secured with a strap. And then there's Terrill, her therapist (whom we know since "I AM Celine") I'm not sure if Dave Platel is also standing there. The video can be watched here: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-EUkd9xS10/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== Quote
drove all night Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:08 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:08 PM It appears to be the restraunt in the Eiffel Tower that she can Scott performed on the roof of. It was on the first platform. Is there that restaurant? Quote
Ronny83 Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:12 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:12 PM If only was it just a EP with whatever there was leftover.It would have been such a smart mov, somehow it feels like none of them thinks ahead of these things.Or they really just don't give a damn. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk They really just don't give a damn. Unfortunately. 1 Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
scielle Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:14 PM Author Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:14 PM I'm not sure if Dave Platel is also standing there.Dave is no longer working with Celine as of March. The doc was the last project he was involved in. 2 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:26 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:26 PM Every clip I see of this performance makes me love her even more!!! Rehearsing on the roof at 3am in the rain… she’s truly the gold standard!! There’s a reason she’s the best! But you can hear her singing, totally. I agree that she’s relearned how to sing, so we aren’t aware period of how it might look now. I just am glad she’s getting therapy she needs and getting back to as good as she can. I’m still drunk on this performance as others have said… I’ve got my Celine fix still going! 6 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
drove all night Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:37 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:37 PM Dave is no longer working with Celine as of March. The doc was the last project he was involved in. But I am pretty sure I saw him on another picture during the time in Paris. I'll check ... Quote
neocshs Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:38 PM Posted July 31, 2024 at 02:38 PM I would like to say something regarding the new rehearsal footage. We don't know wether Celine had an actual mic feed working or not, also whenever she's doing a soundcheck (which didn't seem the case) she never has the playback going on, it's just instruments and backing vocals... I believe that this is just a I drove all night Vienna incident type of vocals: she wasn't aware of being heard, she was just lipping and letting a little air coming out with mouth, tongue and larynx movement, which to get as believable as possible you need to "kinda sing". CASE CLOSED Quote http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs638.snc4/59806_1286422260657_1833187247_552295_3401062_n.jpg http://www.celinedionitalia.com/banner.png VISITATECI Facebook - Claudio Liggi Youtube - neocshsYoutube - CelineDionItalia93CelineChannelForum - My works about célineCelineChannelForum - neocshs's covers CelineDionMultimedia - my blog
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.