mebe Posted July 29, 2024 at 06:51 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 06:51 PM Today the only news I see about Celine on social media is that she sang live but not Gaga and Aya.... Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk Quote
tshlw Posted July 29, 2024 at 06:53 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 06:53 PM Oh wow epic thank you!!! omg seriously this is Some collection. Woohoo!! I feel like a teenage fanatic again. Thanks!! Welcome love watching her interviews she just draws you in even during the sad ones. 1 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
mebe Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:06 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:06 PM 1 478 000 people watched Celine's performance in Québec, the most popular moment of the ceremony! https://showbizz.net/tele/jeux-olympiques-combien-de-telespectateurs-ont-regarde-la-performance-de-celine-dion?fbclid=IwY2xjawEUxplleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHRu3pbJ2qUrrwjHTDTULS7xox4AvBsRT7lpJ-se8XnS_JevyegjIdp5zwQ_aem_DLWhvcffKA_PepsH9fSnGw Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk 3 Quote
Critiaslux Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:15 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:15 PM Is she really the only one who has sang twice at the Olympics? At Opening Ceremonies yes, and a solo artist, yes. But Sarah Brightman was the first artist to appear twice: first time in 92 Barcelona at the Closing Ceremony in a duet with José Carreras and in 08 Beijing Opening Ceremony in duet with a Chinese singer. 4 Quote
Holborn Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:22 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:22 PM Forgive my ignorance, but has anyone else performed on the Eiffel Tower like she did? Like she being on the 1st floor with the audience below. Quote
zuv Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:22 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:22 PM https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9-jGkuMDsj/?igsh=MTRpOHQ2cHFoMWppaQ== This was soo funny 4 Quote
Critiaslux Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:27 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:27 PM Here is a private playlist I made of a ton of her English interviews, not performances, from 1987 till now somewhat in order of when would have aired. Some I upload to my own youtube channel incase the originator took them down, so if run into any can't view let me know and I can send you a separate link. What a treasure trove !!! Thank you Quote
Critiaslux Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:30 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:30 PM Forgive my ignorance, but has anyone else performed on the Eiffel Tower like she did? Like she being on the 1st floor with the audience below. Not to my knowledge. Johnny Halliday did a big concert on the Champ de Mars, which is in front of the Tour Eiffel, more than 20 years ago, but I don't recall there was anything up in the tower. 1 Quote
ewh12 Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:31 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:31 PM Here is a private playlist I made of a ton of her English interviews, not performances, from 1987 till now somewhat in order of when would have aired. Some I upload to my own youtube channel incase the originator took them down, so if run into any can't view let me know and I can send you a separate link. Here I thought I saw most of her interviews but there’s a lot here I haven’t seen. Thanks! Quote
Céline RO Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:39 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:39 PM Yet we got a single for TSMGO right before the Billboard performance haha Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Now that one should’ve never seen the light of day. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
tshlw Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:51 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:51 PM What a treasure trove !!! Thank you Here I thought I saw most of her interviews but there's a lot here I haven't seen. Thanks! Oh wow epic thank you!!! omg seriously this is Some collection. Woohoo!! I feel like a teenage fanatic again. Thanks!! Here is another private list with specials and interviews in French most with subtitles nowhere near as comprehensive. Some I upload to my own youtube channel incase the originator took them down, others are ones I used a translator on. So if run into any can't view let me know and I can send you a separate link. 2 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
emi&celine Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:54 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:54 PM Maybe they (the Olympics people) are waiting for all performances to be done (including those from the closing ceremony) to release a whole album on streaming platforms. Quote
Critiaslux Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:54 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 07:54 PM This is so beautiful! Crowd is singing with her https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSY33FksY/ Look how happy they are seeing her! https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSY33kerP/ https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSY33BR7W/ At the back of the eiffel tower https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSY33mLud/ I think i like the far shots it adds resonance to her voice https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSY3TJ2Vs/ The second one when people asking who is it, who is it and C'est Céliiiiiiiiiiiine And the last one with the whole Tour Eiffel, so magical 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:14 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:14 PM (edited) We got the best vocals in yearsAnd is definitely not 2015 is 2024 She sung it live https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeWco63y/ I think the broadcast had some problems with the sync Do you guys hear the pppppp sounds on her lips. I haven't heard that in 2015. That's why I think it sounded different from 2015. You can hear the difference. better on acapella but when listening with instrumentals the confusion begins which I said it sounded the same. But yeah! I don't care! It's her voice anyways! Remember!Just enjoy the show! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGDXPdjrCfw Edited July 29, 2024 at 08:23 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Dane Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:20 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:20 PM (edited) At Opening Ceremonies yes, and a solo artist, yes. But Sarah Brightman was the first artist to appear twice: first time in 92 Barcelona at the Closing Ceremony in a duet with José Carreras and in 08 Beijing Opening Ceremony in duet with a Chinese singer. So in a way she is, cool!! Thanks for answering. Edited July 29, 2024 at 08:21 PM by Dane Quote
Chantemoi Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:33 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:33 PM I absolutely resent the remark that I’m hating on her. I’ve always been in her corner, been a fan for going on 30 years, probably longer than some members on this forum have been alive and I only want what’s best for her, always. I never asked for a side by side comparison to the 2015 vocal, honestly it’s like lighting the torch paper and watching it go, saying it’s definitely a new version, then wait…no it’s the same. Then do a full 360 and start praising her to the heavens. I’m done with this conversation now. I have my concerns and that’s what they are, concerns for her welfare and current health state more than anything else. Well said! We wouldn’t be analyzing this if we didn’t care. And I think it’s clear now that anyone who initially believed it was a polished 2015 version have since admitted that it’s a brand-new recording that just so happens to have the same vocal coloring/tone. I have two final words before I drop the subject:CHIN WOBBLE. 1 Quote
MaiconSC Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:37 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:37 PM Is she really the only one who has sang twice at the Olympics? no, Sarah Brightman sang in 92 and 2008 too... 1 Quote
Holborn Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:49 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:49 PM (edited) That's such a good actual first reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RShbvYr3pc Edited July 29, 2024 at 08:50 PM by Holborn 2 Quote
sarit_celine Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:58 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 08:58 PM Well said! We wouldn't be analyzing this if we didn't care. And I think it's clear now that anyone who initially believed it was a polished 2015 version have since admitted that it's a brand-new recording that just so happens to have the same vocal coloring/tone. I have two final words before I drop the subject:CHIN WOBBLE. But I think that Celine will feel highly unmoral to use a version from almost ten years ago, but overall, she pronounce the words differently, deliver many parts of the song differently, so how on earth you think these are the same versions? 1 Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
ryba Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:17 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:17 PM (edited) Now that one should’ve never seen the light of day.a professional live version from Vegas would have been epic! I don’t care for the studio version. It’s just really bad… Edited July 29, 2024 at 09:18 PM by ryba 1 Quote
garçon Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:22 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:22 PM Excuse me but do you think Celine is stupid? One of the themes these past months is how she tries NOT to raise expectations. She made a surprise appearance at the Grammy Awards, the Olympics performance was never confirmed, she deflected all relevant questions. This is exactly because she does not want to let people down if she promises to do X thing and then SPS prevents her from doing it. To suddendly think that she cherry picked past vocals to add to this performance is inconsitent with the context I just described. She would never choose to add her more polished vocals to give the impression she can sing at a higher standard than she actually can. Because raising the bar higher than she can reach means the public is up for a major disappointment in the future. And if anything the comparison of the videos proves my point. Unless there is a way to turn raspy, strained vocals into resonant, clear ones. She hasn’t sung most of her English discography live at concerts ever since the late 90’s, as you know. If not: open YouTube university to your very delight and check out the insane corpus of evidence there. Céline Dion is FAR from stupid. Moreover, she’s highly opportunistic when it comes to filling in the discrepancies between her actual vocal capabilities and what she assumes ‘the audience’ expects from her.Lipping the most anticipated performance of her career is no exception. I, for one, and I’m not alone in this, against the preferred communis opinio of dilettantes on this forum, am NOT convinced that all vocals are ‘new’. 1 Quote
scielle Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:28 PM Author Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:28 PM So I’ve been attending a ton of Olympic events since Friday, and there’s this cool thing they’re doing to warm up the crowd at the venues during breaks. They have the audience sing karaoke to French classics (and people do sing along en masse). I’m hoping one day PQTME will pop up on the screen somewhere!Well, I didn’t get a video but they played J'irai où tu iras during a break in the Pegula (USA) / Svitolina (UKR) tennis match at Roland Garros. It was the last match of the night and most people had left since it was nearing 11pm, but many still sang along! 🙂 7 Quote
lyn Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:29 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:29 PM Here is another private list with specials and interviews in French most with subtitles nowhere near as comprehensive. Some I upload to my own youtube channel incase the originator took them down, others are ones I used a translator on. So if run into any can't view let me know and I can send you a separate link. Freaking amazing, THANK YOU so much!!! 🤩🙏 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
Balao Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:47 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:47 PM Not to my knowledge. Johnny Halliday did a big concert on the Champ de Mars, which is in front of the Tour Eiffel, more than 20 years ago, but I don't recall there was anything up in the tower. Concerts on the Champs de Mars or on Trocadero are quite customary. Every 14th of July, a classical concert with some pop stars. Michel Polnareff as a full solo artist concert in 2007. I didn't attend those. On the Champs de Mars, I had the chance to go to the 2 Global Citizen concerts : the one with Elton John and Ibrahim Maalouf among others, the other one with Billie Eilish and Lenny Kravitz. For the 1st concert, I remember that I was so far that I could barely see anything, so I left early. I also saw a concert on the Trocadero with Dido, Mireille Mathieu and Catherine Ringer with the Eiffel Tower in the background, it was magical. For the Céline performance, only those who were invited (presidents, famous artists) or those who paid from 900 to 2000 euros were seated at the right angle. All they could see was a very tiny white dot in the far. They could not make out any feature of Céline's face. You can hear the crowd cheering when she appear on the big screen and not when she starts singing. It is less expensive to actually buy a round trip ticket from Paris to Vegas. 1 Quote
Popular Post Del Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:51 PM Popular Post Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:51 PM They interviewed Anne Murray on my local CTV channel. She talked about her duets album and singing with Céline. She was then asked if she caught Céline’s performance at the Olympics. She said that her performance was beyond all her expectations and it might be the greatest performance she had ever seen she’s seen in her lifetime. 11 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Ororo Munroe Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:54 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 09:54 PM Please Team Celine, we need an official single and a video clip mixed with sport footages and the Eiffel Tower show, it's her moment. Don't miss it ! 7 Quote
ewh12 Posted July 29, 2024 at 10:29 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 10:29 PM They interviewed Anne Murray on my local CTV channel. She talked about her duets album and singing with Céline. She was then asked if she caught Céline’s performance at the Olympics. She said that her performance was beyond all her expectations and it might be the greatest performance she had ever seen she’s seen in her lifetime. I found it online! Cue to 4:05. https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/i-ve-done-it-anne-murray-reminisces-about-successful-career-as-her-hometown-centre-marks-35-years-1.6981739 4 Quote
Del Posted July 29, 2024 at 11:22 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 11:22 PM I found it online! Cue to 4:05. https://atlantic.ctv...years-1.6981739 I was so happy when they asked her about it. 1 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Dane Posted July 29, 2024 at 11:25 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 11:25 PM Don't know if you guys have seen this but I've been looking for the complete song from the public's pov and this is the closest I've found. 3 Quote
lyn Posted July 29, 2024 at 11:31 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 11:31 PM Don't know if you guys have seen this but I've been looking for the complete song from the public's pov and this is the closest I've found. Oh my GOD what a beautiful performance. I’ve seen it like 20 times a day now and I’m still awestruck. Thank you for finding this! 1 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.