tshlw Posted July 29, 2024 at 11:46 AM Posted July 29, 2024 at 11:46 AM Here is the Today show talking about Celine performing at the Olympics 4 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
tomi_hr Posted July 29, 2024 at 11:52 AM Posted July 29, 2024 at 11:52 AM Oh please, stop it! 10 pages about live/not live. Stop it. Whether was live or not, it's still her voice. She sang.' 4 Quote
joaofilho Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:01 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:01 PM (edited) I am so thrilled, inspired and happy that she is back. It was beautiful, everyone praising his performance and everyone was thrilled with his return. Now wait and see what the next step is, shows, presentations at big events. Edited July 29, 2024 at 12:01 PM by joaofilho 1 Quote
CourageProject Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:01 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:01 PM https://www.instagram.com/reel/C98gemwt0Zx/?igsh=OWJ3Nm14YWY0czl0 This meme on Paris Olympics is really funny but at the end where they say that Paris Olympics is really funny but at the end where they say that selling that they have the best thing for the last and says CÉLINE DION 😭 3 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:06 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:06 PM (edited) Paris is still not moving on with Celine. Look at them neighbors blasting Celine Dion song and everyone are singing as well https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSYTNrkQ9/ Edited July 29, 2024 at 12:06 PM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
lyn Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:10 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:10 PM Reminds me of the singalong extravaganza after her last March 8 2020 show… Makes me so happy to see the world was at the ready, just dying for her to come back into our lives 🥲 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:10 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:10 PM He did: Oh there it is! Thanks! Quote
Abodi2002 Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:33 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:33 PM So I just watched the AMA performance again, it had been a while. I have to say, it is even more strikingly different to the Olympics one than I remembered or than I had noticed in the comparison video. The note lengths, sometimes the syllables she emphasizes in different words, not to mention the wrong lyric. When I first watched her perform at the Olympics I thought it sounded very similar to 2015 just in a higher key, which it definitely is by the way. I even said her tone was identical. I was wrong. Even the tone is different. The Olympics performance sounds more like early 2010s tone than 2015. I agree with all of this! Her pronunciation overall was more clear too. Wouldn’t it be great if her tone could sound even slightly like 2011 again? 1 Quote
Jeanette Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:44 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:44 PM Rough edit - Left Channel (2015) - Right Channel (2024) - Use earphones Just listened to this as didn’t really want it confirmed but I can’t hear any differences at all, other than the slight polishing in studio, and a couple of delays on the vocal delivery of certain phrasing, and in actual fact most of the voice cracks are still in there. As I’ve said, I take nothing away from her overall performance and will to even make it to this point but a subpar vocal from nearly 10 years ago makes me worry for the future. Are we going to have a whole mimed show? And this is me only being honest and disappointed to boot. As Chantemoi said, and put so much more eloquently than me, why go to such lengths to be truthful in every regard, sharing her own insecurities etc about her vocal standards and telling us her voice will be rebuilt if we’re still going to get the same old playbacks after playbacks going forward. This is where the real cheating lies in my eyes. Now is the time to give us what she can, and if that’s 50% of before, I’m fine with that, given everything she’s gone and going through. I love her and it pains me to say this and I don’t understand why the lip syncing non believers are coming for us realists. Again, lip syncing here at such an event is expected but at least give us a new pre-recorded track. I won’t say another word on the subject and am proud of the outpouring of love the world has shown her since the performance, as I’ve said that’s no more than she deserves but wish it was offered to her when she was at the top of her game. Quote
cdurand54 Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:50 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:50 PM It's different ... Not the same take even polished or slwoed down or whatever.It sounds clearly different. I am french and the words have differents accents, different tones, different pronounciations, period. 1 Quote
Jeanette Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:02 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:02 PM It's different ... Not the same take even polished or slwoed down or whatever.It sounds clearly different. I am french and the words have differents accents, different tones, different pronounciations, period. Well perhaps I need to give them both a listen again, one after the other but side by side in left and right ears it sounds identical. There’s no way she could sing it that close and with 10 year old vocals and replicate it that exact, even using that performance for a reference. Quote
cdurand54 Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:05 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:05 PM Well perhaps I need to give them both a listen again, one after the other but side by side in left and right ears it sounds identical. There's no way she could sing it that close and with 10 year old vocals and replicate it that exact, even using that performance for a reference. it's not identical, there are some delays, silences, rasps, different tones, pronounciations, etc ...They would have just taken the vocals from 2015 and polished the flat notes ... 1 Quote
Nmj Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:20 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:20 PM I never saw this clip where she talks to cnn…Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 2 Quote
lyn Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:27 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:27 PM I never saw this clip where she talks to cnn…Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet You know I’ve truly been trying to learn and apply this… characteristic..? That Celine has,… this balance between no nonsense professionalism (her firm “Yes I will.”) coupled with a soft generosity. Seems like it would be really effective in the work place 😅 I get how enamored her staff is with her as Boss. 5 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
Ororo Munroe Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:33 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:33 PM (edited) Just listened to this as didn’t really want it confirmed but I can’t hear any differences at all, other than the slight polishing in studio, and a couple of delays on the vocal delivery of certain phrasing, and in actual fact most of the voice cracks are still in there. As I’ve said, I take nothing away from her overall performance and will to even make it to this point but a subpar vocal from nearly 10 years ago makes me worry for the future. Are we going to have a whole mimed show? And this is me only being honest and disappointed to boot. As Chantemoi said, and put so much more eloquently than me, why go to such lengths to be truthful in every regard, sharing her own insecurities etc about her vocal standards and telling us her voice will be rebuilt if we’re still going to get the same old playbacks after playbacks going forward. This is where the real cheating lies in my eyes. Now is the time to give us what she can, and if that’s 50% of before, I’m fine with that, given everything she’s gone and going through. I love her and it pains me to say this and I don’t understand why the lip syncing non believers are coming for us realists. Again, lip syncing here at such an event is expected but at least give us a new pre-recorded track. I won’t say another word on the subject and am proud of the outpouring of love the world has shown her since the performance, as I’ve said that’s no more than she deserves but wish it was offered to her when she was at the top of her game. As I told you, I'm French and for each words the way she pronounce them is very different. Maybe you should see an ORL.So please stop this insane game. Edited July 29, 2024 at 01:34 PM by Ororo Munroe 4 Quote
manu23 Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:33 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:33 PM Well perhaps I need to give them both a listen again, one after the other but side by side in left and right ears it sounds identical. There's no way she could sing it that close and with 10 year old vocals and replicate it that exact, even using that performance for a reference. Just a few days ago you were certain Celine was not performing during the ceremony. Sometimes we are wrong and that's fine. So the theory is that Celine re-recorded the hard notes, the raspy ones and the phrases where she confused the lyrics. For those parts that she re-recorded she managed to sound exactly the same as in 2015, but still the theory is that she's used 2015 recording because she can't now sound as she did in 2015? Interesting 5 Quote
Popular Post ScotieG Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:48 PM Popular Post Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:48 PM Some people clearly aren’t here for the tree. With fans like some people, who needs haters? It’s clearly a different vocal. 8 Quote
tshlw Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:51 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:51 PM Hoda Kotb Reacts To Celine Dion's Olympics Return 2 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
tshlw Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:52 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 01:52 PM Céline Dion, la résilience et le talent en personne ! Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 29, 2024 at 02:12 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 02:12 PM Why does it takes so long for them to upload Celine’s performance in her YouTube Channel? Lady Gaga’s performance is already in her channel. 2 Quote
Abodi2002 Posted July 29, 2024 at 02:17 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 02:17 PM Why does it takes so long for them to upload Celine’s performance in her YouTube Channel? Lady Gaga’s performance is already in her channel. it take so long because it’s most likely not going to happen. If they had any interest in uploading it in good quality at all, it would’ve happened by now. 1 Quote
Critiaslux Posted July 29, 2024 at 02:25 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 02:25 PM it take so long because it’s most likely not going to happen. If they had any interest in uploading it in good quality at all, it would’ve happened by now. Unless they want to release both an official video of the song on YT and the song itself on streaming platforms on Friday to have a full week of streams (if they aim to charting purposes) 🤔 2 Quote
Állex Sodi Posted July 29, 2024 at 02:30 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 02:30 PM As I’ve said, I take nothing away from her overall performance and will to even make it to this point but a subpar vocal from nearly 10 years ago makes me worry for the future. Are we going to have a whole mimed show? And this is me only being honest and disappointed to boot. As Chantemoi said, and put so much more eloquently than me, why go to such lengths to be truthful in every regard, sharing her own insecurities etc about her vocal standards and telling us her voice will be rebuilt if we’re still going to get the same old playbacks after playbacks going forward. This is where the real cheating lies in my eyes. Now is the time to give us what she can, and if that’s 50% of before, I’m fine with that, given everything she’s gone and going through. You’re reading too much into this, I don’t know if it’s for ignorance or just to be hateful towards her. All performances for the opening ceremony were lipsync, no only Celine’s. I don’t follow the Olympics always, but the one in Rio/16 I watched, cause I live in Brasil, and all artists were at the time obligated to use pre recorded tracks. It looks like it’s a thing from the Olympics committee, not the artists themselves. It’s not fair to judge Celine’s honesty or capability based on this fact alone. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 29, 2024 at 02:34 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 02:34 PM (edited) Just listened to this as didn’t really want it confirmed but I can’t hear any differences at all, other than the slight polishing in studio, and a couple of delays on the vocal delivery of certain phrasing, and in actual fact most of the voice cracks are still in there. As I’ve said, I take nothing away from her overall performance and will to even make it to this point but a subpar vocal from nearly 10 years ago makes me worry for the future. Are we going to have a whole mimed show? And this is me only being honest and disappointed to boot. As Chantemoi said, and put so much more eloquently than me, why go to such lengths to be truthful in every regard, sharing her own insecurities etc about her vocal standards and telling us her voice will be rebuilt if we’re still going to get the same old playbacks after playbacks going forward. This is where the real cheating lies in my eyes. Now is the time to give us what she can, and if that’s 50% of before, I’m fine with that, given everything she’s gone and going through. I love her and it pains me to say this and I don’t understand why the lip syncing non believers are coming for us realists. Again, lip syncing here at such an event is expected but at least give us a new pre-recorded track. I won’t say another word on the subject and am proud of the outpouring of love the world has shown her since the performance, as I’ve said that’s no more than she deserves but wish it was offered to her when she was at the top of her game. I think you know that the Olympics performances are really pre recorded. Even Lady Gaga’s. So, I don’t know why you are so worried about the performances being mimed? Or are you assuming that she will do that in her Vegas show? Miming the entire show? Like Mariah Carey in her current Vegas shows? I wouldn’t worry about that yet since this Olympic event is special it’s very different from her concerts. Her concerts are not entirely mimed and you know that if you’re really a fan of hers. For sure, if her Vegas Residency will happen I’m sure she will sing Live but I wouldn’t promised that she will not lipsync for sure there will be few mimed songs (just like everybody Mariah Carey does that and many other singers) - it will not go away. But for sure as usual we will have more live vocals. Didn’t she do that since Rene died. More live vocals less mimed songs. Just you wait! Don’t be such a pessimist you have been doing that since the release of the documentary about her health and others too who are now silent. So much negativity. It’s like a few of you will just appear here just to cause issues. Just be like others savoring the success, the moment. Seeing her again onstage in a fab look. Be more positive. Have more faith with Celine Let me remind you what she said “I’m an apple tree, And people are in line and I give them apples. The best. And I shine them, and they all leave with a basket of apples. But my branches are starting to fall sometimes, get crooked, and those branches are starting to produce a little less apples. But there’s still as many people in line. I don’t want them to wait in line if I don’t have apples for them.” And us fans “We’re not here for the apples, We’re here for the tree.” That’s why I’m so glad that a lot of people praising her, seeing her again onstage, being happy for her. Because they know what she’s been through. A lot of videos mostly I’m hearing saying “I’m happy for her”. That makes me smile and think wow they are really here for the tree. Edited July 29, 2024 at 02:51 PM by jpatdeleon09 2 Quote
scielle Posted July 29, 2024 at 03:05 PM Author Posted July 29, 2024 at 03:05 PM (edited) Power of the Dream at #7 but L’hymne a l’amour nowhere to be found? 🙄Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited July 29, 2024 at 03:08 PM by scielle 3 Quote
Critiaslux Posted July 29, 2024 at 03:21 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 03:21 PM Power of the Dream at #7 but L’hymne a l’amour nowhere to be found? 🙄Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet I guess that’s their strategy now: to keep relevance, create nonsense controversies.Poor them. 😂🤣 2 Quote
kaye2023 Posted July 29, 2024 at 03:47 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 03:47 PM I am french and the words have differents accents, different tones, different pronounciations, period. Quick q, as my forgotten and sad level 1 French ear cannot hear it, how are the two versions different accent/pronunciation-wise? Do you mean Quebecois vs Parisian accent? I know her Quebecois accent comes through when speaking, I'm just curious because I would think Céline's a good mimic when it comes to singing. Accent-wise, can you tell it's Quebecois singers (Céline, Ginette Reno, JP Ferland) singing Un Peu Plus Haut in the Sur Les Plaines concert? I love listening to that performance. Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted July 29, 2024 at 04:04 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 04:04 PM (edited) Unless they want to release both an official video of the song on YT and the song itself on streaming platforms on Friday to have a full week of streams (if they aim to charting purposes) 🤔 Maybe they are waiting to have the rights and a good édit...because it was poorly filmed... Edited July 29, 2024 at 04:04 PM by Ororo Munroe Quote
ewh12 Posted July 29, 2024 at 04:08 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 04:08 PM (edited) I never saw this clip where she talks to cnn…Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetYou know I've truly been trying to learn and apply this… characteristic..? That Celine has,… this balance between no nonsense professionalism (her firm "Yes I will.") coupled with a soft generosity. Seems like it would be really effective in the work place �� I get how enamored her staff is with her as Boss. Exactly why I love Céline. She literally teaches me how to be thoughtful and respectful in the world. Beyond her music, I love how René and her handled her career as well as understanding their philosophies about fame. That when you walk around in public, its not just your life but also the life of your fans and you always have to be grateful, graceful but also have firm boundaries and speak up only when it makes sense and is important to do so. People literally don't give Céline enough credit for being a Bosswoman who doesn't take anyones crap but that's because she always does it in a way that disarms the people around her and refrains from "shading" anyone around her Also why I think, we never see her just traveling and having fun because I think, life for her is always work because of the expectations she puts on herself to give 100%. At the end of the day, she's happy "picking her tomatoes" at home and spending time with her kids and only getting out of the house when she wants to work. She's the perfect diplomat. Edited July 29, 2024 at 04:14 PM by ewh12 5 Quote
tshlw Posted July 29, 2024 at 04:14 PM Posted July 29, 2024 at 04:14 PM Power of the Dream at #7 but L'hymne a l'amour nowhere to be found? Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Wonder if wrote it before Celine sang this year since published on the 26th. Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.