Popular Post rathnakumar Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:23 PM Popular Post Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:23 PM THESE CLEARLY ARE FRESH VOCALS. Period. Just because she did the "bleu" run (...dans le "bleu") the same way it doesn't mean it's from 2015. That 2015 performance had such an impact on me that I've been singing the bleu with that run (which is very Céline-esque) ever since. So it's likely that Céline sang the same vocal run, just like she does with that line from MHWGO or the "it's all coming, all coming..." falsetto end to IACBTM that she's been doing in the past live shows. 10 Quote https://www.instagram.com/p/C8RuNzZPAdh/
drove all night Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:24 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:24 PM Hello everyone! I didn't want to write but I can't take it anymore You know, I've seen a lot of videos reacting to Celine's performance (including vocal coaches). And everyone absolutely all was fascinated, some even cried with Céline's performance. That is, without being fans like us, they enjoy Céline's performance more. I think many are more concerned with their own egos and being right than with what Céline did: "Oh that I synchronized the audios" "Oh, I built a time machine, I went back to 2015 and I saw that it was true"... Please.... Maybe you forgot the documentary and what Céline has suffered (she has even had broken ribs) and you trying to be right if it was playback or not... It's the first time in years that "everyone" absolutely "everyone" loved Céline's presentation, everyone except you (the majority). Perhaps everything that Céline had to prepare and suffer to sing at 100 meters high, How many pills did he have to take to be able to perform? Please, let's enjoy this moment, let's enjoy this moment with her. Because we don't know what will come next and if we will have it again. Let's hope that if . Sorry for the length and if you don't understand everything, I am a Spanish speaker and I used the translator. Best regards BRAVO! I absolutely share your opinion! Quote
andrecb Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:32 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:32 PM Folks, it's simply unacceptable for some to complain about the vocals, whether it's live or not, old or new, that she should have worn her hair down, or any other criticism. It's simply UNACCEPTABLE. You're talking about someone who not long ago couldn't eat or walk. The mere fact that she stood up at that ceremony is reason enough for everyone to be celebrating and nothing else. We have no right to demand anything from her, get a grip. 7 Quote http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9273/52612718.png
MaiconSC Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:33 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:33 PM I have no idea how anyone can think that even a breath from this performance was reused from the AMAs 2015 performance. The vocal techniques she uses from the very first line “le ciel bleu” are already totally different. The facebook post overlapping to the two performances clearly shows that NOT A SINGLE NOTE overlaps perfectly between these two. Most importantly, the pristine, crystal-clear high notes she delivered at the Olympics are simply impossible to attribute to pitch correction of the 2015 performance. Pitch correction can adjust pitch, but it cannot eliminate the raspiness and shakiness present in the 2015 high notes. The high notes were clearly re-recorded from scratch, as there's no technical way to transform the 2015 performance into the crystal-clear rendition of 2024. Given that she re-recorded the high notes, it stands to reason she would also re-record the less challenging parts, such as the intro and other sections. THANK. YOU. I can't believe that even with side by side comparison, people still thinks they're the same... no software on Earth can delete raspiness... JESUS CHRIST.... technology doens't operate miracles... and besides, AMA performance was SHARP... if they corrected it, her voice would sound pitched up, like Then You Look At Me (album version) or I Got Nothing Left (like so many here like to say this are)... 2024 is natural pure cristal voice... with fails in it!!! which just proves that they did ZERO polishments after she recorded.... this is the most natural playback she ever made in her carrer... from the audience view videos, we can't even tell she's lipsynching, from so natural the track is... we can only know it's playback cause we see the exagerated movements she does with her head/mouth... I can't believe the fans can't see that... 6 Quote
Jeanette Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:33 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:33 PM Anyone else glossing over the vocals comments? Not sure why we are overcomplicating things. It was an incredible performance. What happened to being here for the tree? I am always here for the tree, always will be. I just don’t see the point in denying that it was so obviously lipped and have no issue with it as I knew it would be at an event such as this. As they’ve said numerous times, all performers were pre-recorded and that article from the musical director has a misleading headline, that is all. I am disappointed though if she did indeed use the track from 2015 as I was looking forward to hearing where she’s at vocally at this time. Quote
Popular Post Bruno Portugal Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:46 PM Popular Post Posted July 28, 2024 at 08:46 PM I have a hard time believing what I read on this Forum. Of course this is the voice of Celine Dion in 2024! It's clear that she worked hard to achieve the incredible performance on the night of July 26th. This was not the best performance of Celine Dion's career just because she has presented countless iconic performances. Having said that, we can only applaud and be proud of an artist who has been a high-performance athlete. Celine Dion showed once again that she plays in a league of her own. 10 Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
DCCeline Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:03 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:03 PM Is anyone complaining or are we just having discussions? I see no problem having discussion thats not malicious. Not one person was angry even if they used parts of 2015. We all understand why everything was used the way it was. I think most people loved the performance. We are just talking now. 2 Quote
stone Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:07 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:07 PM We all universally don’t have to think the same and agree. However, I do think the majority have more than positive feelings about this being her first performance in over 4yrs, lipped or not. For so many people to listen to love songs, y'all are so grumpy! 1 Quote
Veelxpz Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:10 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:10 PM Wishful thinking: I Am:Celine Dion vinyl will include Hymne A L'Amour (live at the 2024 Paris Olympics) as a bonus track and then available on streaming services. Quote
Nmj Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:11 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:11 PM We all universally don’t have to think the same and agree. However, I do think the majority have more than positive feelings about this being her first performance in over 4yrs, lipped or not. For so many people to listen to love songs, y'all are so grumpy! Even if it were lipped… it’s lipped to her voice from 2024, who cares… these shows always do playback for production purposes. 1 Quote
Popular Post tshlw Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:14 PM Popular Post Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:14 PM I will say as someone who loves Celine and has no idea about pitch or anything else, as I suspect most who saw her performance don’t either, she sounded amazing. Whether it was old or new, lipped or Iive, I don’t give a rats a**. All I can think of is how hard she has worked and struggled to be able to make this amazing comeback. Having to do it all without the one man she has ever loved there by her side. So why when the rest of the world is celebrating her historic return and sending her love and appreciation, her longtime fans are so caught up in this endless debate of her vocals. Can’t we just be grateful to have her back and having experienced one of the most epic moments of her career. 13 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
mirage Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:32 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:32 PM Les pépites de France (@lespepitesdefrance) • Fotos e vídeos do Instagram here we can see the lights show while Celine was singingI can only dream how it would have looked with drones and fireworks. I wish the broadcast would have shown a bit more of these visuals when she was performing.But at least we got to see plenty of Celine now Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 2 Quote
MaiconSC Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:35 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:35 PM (edited) just a little reflection then... for the discussion...if it's so easy to take a performance and remove raspiness, sharpiness, change dinamics, change tempo, pronunciation, duration of notes...then why when the singers are in recording sessions for a song they keep recording again and again the same thing a thousand time? just use the power of edit and software like they did with the AMA performance then... Edited July 28, 2024 at 09:36 PM by MaiconSC 2 Quote
Popular Post mirage Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:40 PM Popular Post Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:40 PM (edited) THESE CLEARLY ARE FRESH VOCALS. Period. Just because she did the "bleu" run (...dans le "bleu") the same way it doesn't mean it's from 2015. That 2015 performance had such an impact on me that I've been singing the bleu with that run (which is very Céline-esque) ever since. So it's likely that Céline sang the same vocal run, just like she does with that line from MHWGO or the "it's all coming, all coming..." falsetto end to IACBTM that she's been doing in the past live shows. This!! All the talk that it's similar.Well of course it is, it's the same person who sings it.Even I can do the exact runs. This topic went from 'fun place to be'' to 'try to avoid'Members who never post a single thing suddenly became experts on how she sounds and what muscles she needs to use to create a sound.I don't give a flying f*** what your hypothesis is on her vocals . She nailed it, the world was watching, and EVERYONE is talking about it. This was a once in a lifetime guys, let's enjoy that! Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk Edited July 28, 2024 at 09:45 PM by mirage 11 Quote
Popular Post Ororo Munroe Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:57 PM Popular Post Posted July 28, 2024 at 09:57 PM (edited) I'm very sad about the fake news some people try to spread on this forum and on X. They try tp pretend they used the 2015's track and of course each stupid complotist will spread it more and more. Go ahead guys... if you want to spoil this magic moment...human nature can be so stupid sometimes. And for the others, buy ears... Could it be possible to enjoy this moment and cherish this historical performance !!! I was the first to not believe she could come back in France ! Don't try to ruin all what achieved during the last few months, all the work she has done to come back, after what she went through. She deserves the love and admiration she received since Saturday ! She sang with her actual voice and the best is yet to come. So stop it, because when rumors begins, it's impossible to stop it ! Edited July 28, 2024 at 10:06 PM by Ororo Munroe 9 Quote
idroveallnight Posted July 28, 2024 at 10:01 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 10:01 PM I will say it again, I am here for the tree. 3 Quote
Nmj Posted July 28, 2024 at 10:04 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 10:04 PM I will say it again, I am here for the tree. The tree, the apples, the branches, the soil, all doing just fine. 2 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted July 28, 2024 at 10:08 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 10:08 PM People who try to ruin this moment should be ashamed, really, it's so easy to spread fake news, and you won't be able to stop them after that. 5 Quote
idroveallnight Posted July 28, 2024 at 10:41 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 10:41 PM Celine officially hit 8M insta followers! 3 Quote
scielle Posted July 28, 2024 at 10:48 PM Author Posted July 28, 2024 at 10:48 PM I just don't see the point in denying that it was so obviously lipped and have no issue with it as I knew it would be at an event such as this. As they've said numerous times, all performers were pre-recorded and that article from the musical director has a misleading headline, that is all. What misleading headline. All the headlines on the topic say "she did not use playback" because that's exactly what Victor said in the original interview. I don't know how much more clear you want to be. https://www.ouest-france.fr/jeux-olympiques/paris-2024-thomas-jolly-et-victor-le-masne-quand-tout-sassemble-cela-cree-du-merveilleux-eedab930-4c32-11ef-a622-0126aa35ae01"Q: A-t-elle chanté en playback?Victor le Masne Answer: Non. Nous avions prévu cette possibilité, mais elle a chanté réellement."("Q: Did she sing playback?A: No. We had anticipated this possibility, but she actually sang.") 4 Quote
Popular Post scielle Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:01 PM Author Popular Post Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:01 PM (edited) I forget at this point whether I had already posted this, but I don't think so... here's a nice note from producer & songwriter Greg Wells (who had previously worked with Celine): https://www.instagra.../p/C97kw7pJIOQ/"À cœur vaillant rien d’impossible!Celine is one brave soul, standing on the Eiffel Tower, singing on live TV in front of the world.Hats off to the song choice “Hymne á L’Amour”, a 75 year old song by iconic French chanteuse Edith Piaf.Instead of tv producers insisting on a dumbed down pop track to appeal to the perceived masses, this incredible composition has dynamics, tempo changes - pauses even (!), and more than 4 chords.Put a song like that in the hands of a supreme badass like Celine and the entire world is blown away. Never underestimate the audience.Bravo @celinedion, absolutely phenomenal." Also, from Marc Garneau (astronaut, first Canadian in space):Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited July 28, 2024 at 11:08 PM by scielle 8 Quote
mb011 Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:02 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:02 PM Dont know about the legal rights and stuff but this performance should have been posted on YT right away... Hopefully it will, as this is so historic it should be publisshed... I still cant stop watching it over and over... Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk 3 Quote
Popular Post LukeD Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:13 PM Popular Post Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:13 PM She did not sing live (schat) and we don't know how the very backing track was fabricated. Maybe she was able to sing those difficult parts in the recording studio, maybe she was not. I'm not sure. We all cannot be sure, cause there's no evidence that all vocals were recent. And given the seriousness of her condition we have a fair reason to doubt if her voice really is strong and fit enough for those strong belts.. And again, the interesting juxtaposition of both performances, as shared earlier, adds to the hypothesis that they could have used the 2015 vocals for important parts of the performance.Excuse me but do you think Celine is stupid? One of the themes these past months is how she tries NOT to raise expectations. She made a surprise appearance at the Grammy Awards, the Olympics performance was never confirmed, she deflected all relevant questions. This is exactly because she does not want to let people down if she promises to do X thing and then SPS prevents her from doing it. To suddendly think that she cherry picked past vocals to add to this performance is inconsitent with the context I just described. She would never choose to add her more polished vocals to give the impression she can sing at a higher standard than she actually can. Because raising the bar higher than she can reach means the public is up for a major disappointment in the future. And if anything the comparison of the videos proves my point. Unless there is a way to turn raspy, strained vocals into resonant, clear ones. 14 Quote
LukeD Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:25 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:25 PM (edited) The album Falling Into You surpassed 1.2m streams on Saturday 27/07 - ALL TIME DAILY PEAK!!! Less than 5m streams needed to reach 1 BILLION!!! Edited July 28, 2024 at 11:25 PM by LukeD 7 Quote
scielle Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:29 PM Author Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:29 PM (edited) Canada’s first female prime minister:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetAnd in the US:Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited July 28, 2024 at 11:43 PM by scielle 1 Quote
lyn Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:43 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:43 PM (edited) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Ooh wonder if those were alternative candidates for her outfit Edited July 28, 2024 at 11:47 PM by lyn 1 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
bilinkew Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:45 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 11:45 PM I need one of these . . beautiful https://www.lucyclaireillustration.com/cdn/shop/files/IMG-3600.jpg?v=1722106443&width=1200 7 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:27 AM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:27 AM Excuse me but do you think Celine is stupid? One of the themes these past months is how she tries NOT to raise expectations. She made a surprise appearance at the Grammy Awards, the Olympics performance was never confirmed, she deflected all relevant questions. This is exactly because she does not want to let people down if she promises to do X thing and then SPS prevents her from doing it. To suddendly think that she cherry picked past vocals to add to this performance is inconsitent with the context I just described. She would never choose to add her more polished vocals to give the impression she can sing at a higher standard than she actually can. Because raising the bar higher than she can reach means the public is up for a major disappointment in the future. And if anything the comparison of the videos proves my point. Unless there is a way to turn raspy, strained vocals into resonant, clear ones.This this this!!!! You’ve perfectly summed up what I’ve been thinking. She obviously freshly recorded this or sang it live! She wouldn’t want to lead people along to think she sounds different than what she can actually pull off. I know she has been working so very hard in her therapy, but she’s going to be realistic. I think she did a fan freaking tastic job 6 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
lyn Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:37 AM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:37 AM I’ll also note that if she’s been rehabbing her voice, learning to sing in a completely different way as she’s told us, then all our prior expectations about what she should look or sound like when singing kinda go out the window. 1 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
smw Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:47 AM Posted July 29, 2024 at 12:47 AM (edited) Regardless of the lipping speculation among fans… it was a huge success and a monumental moment in Celine’s career. The comments on social media are overwhelmingly positive. And I think her star is shining brighter now than it has in years. Edited July 29, 2024 at 12:47 AM by smw 7 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.