mirage Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:10 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:10 PM Well, per the musical director of the ceremony, she sang live -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetThey had a prerecorded version just in case. And the backup plan, if she wasnt well enough to come, was to use an Edith Piaf version. Also -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetAmazing to read!!! Her determination is insane! So please can now all the 'lipsync professionals' take their bitterness to a place somewhere else?Thank you! Let's talk about looks! Sofia Tilbury posted 2 new pictures. With less filter than the one posted earlier on Céline's account. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk 4 Quote
Critiaslux Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:13 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:13 PM (edited) Double post Edited July 28, 2024 at 01:15 PM by Critiaslux Quote
idroveallnight Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:16 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:16 PM The eagle has landed and already taking fan pics in Vegas https://www.instagram.com/reel/C996g1NxGNV/?igsh=MXBlNTFwNXVhNWxs 4 Quote
Holborn Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:19 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:19 PM Why rerecord the easy and low notes when they are okay/on pitch? Don't fix what's not broken. It's the money notes that needed rerecording because they were the ones off pitch and messy in the AMA performance. Why rerecord the whole thing when you can just rerecord the messy parts (which happened to be the money notes). Idk maybe because what you are suggesting doesn't make any sense?We have seen Celine in studio plenty of times to know how she's working. Also you can take each and every performance she has done from a thousand songs and you can see that the vast majority of times she sings them the exact same way yet you can also see that they are either live or new recordings. Once she finds the way she wants to sing each song, she's very likely to stick to this way with minimum alterations.We have a member here that has clearly stated that she recorded the song in Boston, why on earth are we talking about the 2015 performance is beyond me. Can't Celine has one fcking huge moment in her life that her own fans don't try to sh*t over it? What you are implying is first and foremost very offensive to Celine and secondly it tries to reverse the impact, meaningfulness and level of her performance.And just because 20 people regularly post in this forum, doesn't mean thousands aren't reading what you are posting. These past few days the users in this forum have been thousands. Some of you are creating false scenarios and spreading rumors in this very moment is honestly the worst timing imaginable. 6 Quote
celinesounds Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:23 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:23 PM At 25 secThere’s a mic weird sound If was lip the mic was on I think she sung at same time as the prerecorded track 1 Quote #FREEJAVITO
Macaronie Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:30 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:30 PM To stop all speculations and rumours: Larka Fabianka was behind the scene, singing live whilst Celion lipsynced for her lyfe! Thank me later. 5 Quote
drove all night Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:45 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:45 PM To stop all speculations and rumours: Larka Fabianka was behind the scene, singing live whilst Celion lipsynced for her lyfe! Thank me later. Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:47 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:47 PM (edited) I have confirmation that Céline did not lipsync. She had a recording as a plan B that they could use if necessary. She was very reluctant to use it and very keen on singing live. Are you referring to the same article that Scielle posted or do you have a different source? Would be absolutely amazing if true, I hadn't even considered the possibility. Edited July 28, 2024 at 01:47 PM by Dancing_Queen 1 Quote
Ukrfan Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:57 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 01:57 PM (edited) I really loved the performance, I really love Celine, and I really liked the song - but I'll never believe that it was live. Her facial expressions didn't match the sound, and they were EXACTLY like those for performances which we know were 100% lipped. After all these years, it's just so obvious when Celine is lipping. Again, nothing wrong with that. I am one of those who has never been against playback. Perhaps - the version on TV was playback, but they actually used the live version for the Paris crowd? I haven't seen much amateur videos to confirm. Edit: just compare how she looked in 2015 AMAs when she sang this song live. So relaxed, minimum head and mouth movements... Edited July 28, 2024 at 02:01 PM by Ukrfan 3 Quote
woodstock Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:03 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:03 PM At 25 secThere's a mic weird sound If was lip the mic was on I think she sung at same time as the prerecorded trackThat sound comes from the France 2 commentators : they had their mic on all the time even during performances and they would make noises all over by moving things on the table or whispering to one another. That was quite unpleasant, to be honest.Anyway, the mic is rarely turned off when someone lips. 2 Quote
Gicedi Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:05 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:05 PM (edited) Some charts!! First of all Edith Piaf entered the charts worldwide!! Global Digital Artist Ranking | 2024-07-28 04:35 EDT91 +144 Céline Dion European iTunes Album Chart - 2024/07/272 +102 Céline Dion - My Love - Essential Collection14 NEW Céline Dion - D'eux38 NEW Céline Dion - I AM: CELINE DION53 +140 Céline Dion - On ne change pas59 NEW Céline Dion - My Love - Ultimate Essential Collec European Apple Music Album Chart - 2024/07/27 65 NEW Céline Dion - I AM: CELINE DION Worldwide iTunes Album Chart - 2024/07/277 +54 Céline Dion - My Love - Essential Collection40 NEW Céline Dion - D'eux48 NEW Céline Dion - My Love - Ultimate Essential Collec73 NEW Céline Dion - I AM: CELINE DION141 NEW Céline Dion - The Best so Far...2018 Tour Editi152 NEW Céline Dion - On ne change pas Worldwide Apple Music Album Chart - 2024/07/2726 NEW Céline Dion - I AM: CELINE DION Edited July 28, 2024 at 02:05 PM by Gicedi 2 Quote https://youtu.be/D2KKDewXvJE
Balao Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:08 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:08 PM (edited) No way !!! ����That would have been so incredible�� I need to find the newspaper to be certain that BFMTV did not distord the paper interview. As during his TV interview the musical director said there were different plans, but did not mention whether it was a prerecorded track or a live. In any case, this was grandiose. Not certain anything could ever top that. EVER. Very strange to read that their plan B was a recording by Édith Piaf ?It's like they didn't even think that Chimène Badi or Lara Fabian could do the job. Only Édith Piaf. Edited July 28, 2024 at 02:17 PM by Balao 4 Quote
sarit_celine Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:13 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:13 PM I’ve been over due for a new pic… and yesterday felt like a new era. I chose the pic I did because I feel as if it’s the official pic that Celine choose. Indeed it feels like a new and an exciting era and I guess they prepared and will, some nice new photos, can't wait for that. Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
isurrender Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:18 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:18 PM Who believes this was (or had expected) a live performance ( from whoever) on a ceremony during which the slightest movement is synchronised is out of my understanding skills. I mean artists lipsync when they don't have to...let alone when circumstances need it. I'm not into social media at all and these last few days have made me go on there ...and this is true! It's full on brainless people ... I have seen many posts asking if Aya was live? The girl had no mic and at some points was not even moving her mouth...Lady Gaga' s mouth movements were not matching whatever incomprehensible french words she was trying to be synchronised with.. And what about the lyric singer who sang the national anthem without mic on the roof of the "Le Grand Palais" ...do you guys think it was live? I'm torn ... I can't tell. LOL Out of them all, Céline did a pretty good job at at pretending... 3 Quote
Balao Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:20 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:20 PM Are you referring to the same article that Scielle posted or do you have a different source? Would be absolutely amazing if true, I hadn't even considered the possibility. Sorry. I messed up completely. I was discussing with two friends at once and I've got it all mixed up. Actually, the one who works in the music industry does not confirm anything. He doesn't know. Quote
ivo Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:40 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:40 PM Celine Made such an impression with this performance, yesterday I was at a birthday party and everyone was talking about Celine When we were talking about the olympics. They are all non fans and said she was amazing and special. 4 Quote Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017
garçon Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:50 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:50 PM Guess what's she's been doing for months now?Can all the 'professionals' on the lipsync debate start their own topic somewhere else? Because we witnessed something iconic Friday night!The whole world witnessed something iconic! The praise, the love, the emotions. And in French. Let's enjoy this, because this definitely was a once in a lifetime. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-F721B met Tapatalk She did not sing live (schat) and we don’t know how the very backing track was fabricated. Maybe she was able to sing those difficult parts in the recording studio, maybe she was not. I’m not sure. We all cannot be sure, cause there’s no evidence that all vocals were recent. And given the seriousness of her condition we have a fair reason to doubt if her voice really is strong and fit enough for those strong belts.. And again, the interesting juxtaposition of both performances, as shared earlier, adds to the hypothesis that they could have used the 2015 vocals for important parts of the performance. Quote
garçon Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:55 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 02:55 PM Very strange to read that their plan B was a recording by Édith Piaf ?It's like they didn't even think that Chimène Badi or Lara Fabian could do the job. Only Édith Piaf. I’M TAKING BACK ALL MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS I’m actually complete SURE it was Claudette after all. 2 Quote
Jeanette Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:00 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:00 PM Well, per the musical director of the ceremony, she sang live -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetThey had a prerecorded version just in case. And the backup plan, if she wasn’t well enough to come, was to use an Edith Piaf version. Also -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet The headline of the article says so but the musical director says quite different, only that she sang, I take that more to mean she actually managed to appear so the contingency plan of playing Edith Piaf over the ending wasn’t required. Or perhaps she tried to pull the wool over his eyes too 😂 This performance was 100% lipped!!! She does not do any of that over the top quivering lip thing when she’s live, tends to pull away from her mic more when hitting high notes in a more technical way and shows a lot of teeth. She also doesn’t focus as much on hand gestures when she’s concentrating on her voice. We’ve studied her over the years, we know when she’s lipping and she was lipping here. The jury’s out on whether it was a polished up version of the AMA performance or not but I must admit, it sure sounded like it to me as she hit the first high note as the voice crack was still there but not as bad as before but I’m not going to let this spoil the outpouring of love she’s receiving from the world right now. I only wish she would’ve received the same when she was in her prime. 3 Quote
Ajax Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:03 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:03 PM Jeannette you need to wash your hears big time about 2015 3 Quote
mebe Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:03 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:03 PM (edited) Debbie Gibson commmented again! https://www.instagram.com/stories/debbiegibson/3422195144729899185?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=bjQ5NW9zcXU3aDJq Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk Edited July 28, 2024 at 03:04 PM by mebe 1 Quote
Popular Post Celine Fan 77 Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:13 PM Popular Post Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:13 PM A few parts of the 2024 version prove that this wasn’t a remastered/polished edit of the 2015 performance: 2015: she says “J’irais la fortune”, which was a small mistake as the phrase makes no real sense.2024: she says “J’irais voler la fortune”, which is the correct lyric. Plus, in this new performance she sings “Peu m’importe si tu m’aimes car moi je mourrais aussi” all in one same phrase. In 2015, she did separate it in two (she sang until “si tu m’aimes”, took air and then continued). Finally, for the final phrase “Dieu réunit ceux qui s’aiment”, she paused for about a second right before “ceux”, while in Paris that pause wasn’t done. This was definitely a new vocal track recorded specifically for this performance. 10 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Jeanette Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:15 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:15 PM I’m still of the belief they recorded this at a rehearsal, as if you listen to the high quality broadcast audio, there are multiple things that make it sound like a live take vocal in front of an actual mic. Namely, the breathing and the moment where she physically moves away from the mic but continues singing at a distance… she’s never done that on a pre recorded vocal in the studio ever, and the overall quality of it is far more comparable to the 2017 BBMAs track which was just a vegas rip, than to an actual studio vocal for a track This is another reason for the argument that it is indeed the AMA vocal because it sounds too much like a live track. And of course she moved away numerous times from the mic there because it was fully live. I’d like to hope she recorded it the night before at the rehearsal, I’d be totally happy with that but not sure of the feasibility of this as I think she’d have done too many takes which might have tired her out so much that it would have jeopardised her appearance on the night 🤔 Quote
Céline RO Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:19 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:19 PM So I just watched the AMA performance again, it had been a while. I have to say, it is even more strikingly different to the Olympics one than I remembered or than I had noticed in the comparison video. The note lengths, sometimes the syllables she emphasizes in different words, not to mention the wrong lyric. When I first watched her perform at the Olympics I thought it sounded very similar to 2015 just in a higher key, which it definitely is by the way. I even said her tone was identical. I was wrong. Even the tone is different. The Olympics performance sounds more like early 2010s tone than 2015. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
ABMs Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:20 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:20 PM A few parts of the 2024 version prove that this wasnt a remastered/polished edit of the 2015 performance: 2015: she says Jirais la fortune, which was a small mistake as the phrase makes no real sense.2024: she says Jirais voler la fortune, which is the correct lyric. Plus, in this new performance she sings Peu mimporte si tu maimes car moi je mourrais aussi all in one same phrase. In 2015, she did separate it in two (she sang until si tu maimes, took air and then continued). Finally, for the final phrase Dieu réunit ceux qui saiment, she paused for about a second right before ceux, while in Paris that pause wasnt done. This was definitely a new vocal track recorded specifically for this performance. We can use logic and reasonable arguments all we want the vocal “experts” on this forum will still believe that “Pitch Correction” is a magic wand that can correct rasp, wrong lyrics, and turn that less than average 2015 performances into the perfect 2024 performance. They literally juxtaposed both 2015 and 2024 tracks and not a single note is in sync proving they are different, and you still have some people spewing nonsense here left and right about it being proof its the same. Unbelievable really. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 3 Quote
Philippe Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:23 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:23 PM She did not sing live (schat) and we don’t know how the very backing track was fabricated. Maybe she was able to sing those difficult parts in the recording studio, maybe she was not. I’m not sure. We all cannot be sure, cause there’s no evidence that all vocals were recent. And given the seriousness of her condition we have a fair reason to doubt if her voice really is strong and fit enough for those strong belts.. And again, the interesting juxtaposition of both performances, as shared earlier, adds to the hypothesis that they could have used the 2015 vocals for important parts of the performance. In the same sentence, you mention that you/we don’t know enough to have an opinion but then you continue by applying a strong negative presumption, based on nothing. It is all highly really subjective. If you want to apply a presumption, you need some rational based on facts. 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:28 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:28 PM (edited) To stop all speculations and rumours: Larka Fabianka was behind the scene, singing live whilst Celion lipsynced for her lyfe! Thank me later.D.E.D. Dead! Edited July 28, 2024 at 03:32 PM by DionFanAlways 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
garçon Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:28 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:28 PM In the same sentence, you mention that you/we don’t know enough to have an opinion but then you continue by applying a strong negative presumption, based on nothing. It is all highly really subjective. If you want to apply a presumption, you need some rational based on facts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis Quote
tomantha Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:35 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:35 PM It was as live as The Power Of The Dream at Atlanta. 1 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:36 PM Posted July 28, 2024 at 03:36 PM With all due respect towards everyone’s opinion, I personally think that she recorded the vocal track last March in Boston. I doubt they’d leave something as important as the vocal track for her comeback to the rehearsal done the night before the performance. 7 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.