marc-02 Posted July 30, 2024 at 10:35 AM Posted July 30, 2024 at 10:35 AM https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/blur-live-wembley-ghost-rite-here-rite-now-albums-chart/ Fresh from her performance at the 2024 Olympic Games opening ceremony in Paris last week, Céline Dion’s My Love – The Essential Collection vaults 39 midweek, expected to land at Number 29. The Canadian superstar’s performance of Édith Piaf’s Hymne A L'Amour marked her first in four years, since being diagnosed with stiff person syndrome (SPS) in 2022. Quote
lyn Posted July 30, 2024 at 11:08 AM Posted July 30, 2024 at 11:08 AM It does have me wondering now that we’ve seen her with a phone so much in the last week, how much does she see on her socials? I imagine she stays away from a Twitter search but does she ever log in to see some of the mentions or things people say directly to her. Could be Celine herself sharing all the stories on Insta the last few days! I just hope she saw that baby waving at her 😍 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
tshlw Posted July 30, 2024 at 12:01 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 12:01 PM It does have me wondering now that we've seen her with a phone so much in the last week, how much does she see on her socials? I imagine she stays away from a Twitter search but does she ever log in to see some of the mentions or things people say directly to her. Could be Celine herself sharing all the stories on Insta the last few days! Honestly I hope she does not go looking yes she has gotten a ton of praise but still a lot of crazies posting crap. I hope her team does the monitoring and shows her the good stuff. I could not even imagine as a celebrity reading what was posted about themselves. I know in the past she has said she does not read it and her team does or before that Rene read everything. Probably healthier for all stars to not read what is posted about them. Either it can go to your head with all the praise or could make you so upset when they say ugly things about you. Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
VikingSwe Posted July 30, 2024 at 12:22 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 12:22 PM I really hope they’ll release the song and preferably while there’s still momentum in this. I mean, people are really talking about the performance and undoubtedly looking for it. It’s a peace of history. Be proud. Share it!C’mon Team Céline 🙏 4 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 30, 2024 at 12:32 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 12:32 PM This is amazing! https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSYTG5eto/ 3 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted July 30, 2024 at 01:01 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 01:01 PM I really hope they’ll release the song and preferably while there’s still momentum in this. I mean, people are really talking about the performance and undoubtedly looking for it. It’s a peace of history. Be proud. Share it!C’mon Team Céline 🙏 Do you think they read us ? Quote
VikingSwe Posted July 30, 2024 at 01:23 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 01:23 PM Do you think they read us ? Dunno, if so I hope they can filter out the long and endless discussions about 💩 1 Quote
lyn Posted July 30, 2024 at 01:58 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 01:58 PM The details are wrong and the narration is awful but i love reading the comments. Still going hard on the inspiration!! https://www.reddit.com/r/nextf***glevel/s/6OKhfnBDin 4 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
tshlw Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:16 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:16 PM The details are wrong and the narration is awful but i love reading the comments. Still going hard on the inspiration!! https://www.reddit.c...el/s/6OKhfnBDin It is nice to see but why do people always have to bring up her relationship with Rene and say such hurtful things. If you don't agree with it just move on. Why I hope in most cases she never reads the comments and lets her team bring her the good stuff. 2 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
Dancing_Queen Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:40 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:40 PM Seriously TC, what is the hold-up? The performance should have been uploaded to her official YouTube-channel hours after the performance. 5 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:47 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:47 PM I wonder if it will be released on Friday with other new releases. Maybe they are releasing it as a single? Kev x Quote
Céline RO Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:50 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:50 PM Seriously TC, what is the hold-up? The performance should have been uploaded to her official YouTube-channel hours after the performance. Signature TC move, showing us that all is right in Céline world again. 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
smw Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:53 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:53 PM (edited) Seriously TC, what is the hold-up? The performance should have been uploaded to her official YouTube-channel hours after the performance. There might be more red tape than we realize preventing it from going up on her channels? Although it is confusing because Gaga’s performance is already on her YouTube channel. Edited July 30, 2024 at 05:54 PM by smw Quote
rpopowski Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:58 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 05:58 PM (edited) Does anyone know why we can't see the laser beam lights in front of the tower in this shot before the climax?https://youtu.be/smKqMiGXxl4?t=219 Curious that we can't see anything when there were so many lasers visible on crowd footage videos, example at 0:16 in this clip:https://x.com/Celine...498081187004857 Edited July 30, 2024 at 06:01 PM by rpopowski 1 Quote
Holborn Posted July 30, 2024 at 07:30 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 07:30 PM Does anyone know why we can't see the laser beam lights in front of the tower in this shot before the climax?https://youtu.be/smKqMiGXxl4?t=219 Curious that we can't see anything when there were so many lasers visible on crowd footage videos, example at 0:16 in this clip:https://x.com/Celine...498081187004857 The videos are from far away and the other footage is close up and center. It doesn't have the same effect in that distance and pov. For example in the YT video you linked, at 3:28-3:29 you can see that the lights change in the Eiffel tower and when the camera turns to show her pov (3:39), you see the beams up left and right, in the distance fading like when you film a video in a sunny day. It's actually hard to explain. The big lights that are right beneath her in the same moment, are also so bright and make the camera render the lasers even less. At 3:54-3:55 if you notice a beam passing in front of her and finally at 4:10 you can clearly see where the lasers are placed -left/right at the tower- and how little effect they have at that distance. Idk if it makes sense to you but I tried. Quote
Céline RO Posted July 30, 2024 at 07:48 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 07:48 PM https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing I'd like to share once again a download link for this epic performance, 'cause now I've found a better image quality with no TV logo on it!The audio is great, with no comments over.I hope that new Team Celine upload this performance in 4K on her official channel... It now says “unsupported file type” when I try to open it. And I had it in my drive and was watching it just fine these past few days… Quote The best is yet to come...
tshlw Posted July 30, 2024 at 07:52 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 07:52 PM I wonder how much of the crowd below the tower or anything at all Celine could even see with those big lights right below her seems she would be blinded to see anything. As epic as this was I bet she can't wait to be on stage and be able to see the crowds and interact with them. 1 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
Popular Post Leite Posted July 30, 2024 at 07:57 PM Popular Post Posted July 30, 2024 at 07:57 PM So I just watched Edith Piaf singing the song with the French translated to English.And I am blown away. I loved the song before, but now that i know what the words mean and waht Celine was singing, my gosh , I think it is the most BEAUTIFUL SONG ever !!!My god, how did i never know this song !!!For anyone bereaved, this song is the song. Makes me think , Celine must have thought of Rene any time she sings this as it sounds so like how she would feel about him and having lost him. Its so beautiful and hopeful. Wow ........... And the music is something else !!!!Such an elegant song For anyone else who wishes to have a look with the French translated to English: I believe that this is one of the most beautiful songs ever. The melody is incredible and the lyrics are simply beautiful. Out of all the singers in the world Celine is the most perfect choice to perform the song. She not only has the voice for it but she can feel the song as well. I belive she can totally relate to it because she lived and lives it. Her story is the song. 10 Quote
Céline RO Posted July 30, 2024 at 07:58 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 07:58 PM I wonder how much of the crowd below the tower or anything at all Celine could even see with those big lights right below her seems she would be blinded to see anything. As epic as this was I bet she can't wait to be on stage and be able to see the crowds and interact with them. Yes, and watching her felt like she could just as well have been performing on the International Space Station, so isolated. Much as the Eiffel Tower is an iconic setting to perform in, I can’t help but think that her performing while being surrounded by a sea of people would’ve given this performance an even more momentous quality, just like those fireworks… Quote The best is yet to come...
mebe Posted July 30, 2024 at 08:26 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 08:26 PM Now 20 549 845 monthly listeners on Spotify!#344 in the world! Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Quote
Ororo Munroe Posted July 30, 2024 at 08:30 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 08:30 PM Now 20 549 845 monthly listeners on Spotify!#344 in the world! Envoyé de mon SM-A526W en utilisant Tapatalk Did you notice that even on the official website, they don't mention her performance in Paris last week...no word about it ! Quote
ewh12 Posted July 30, 2024 at 08:30 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 08:30 PM I wonder how much of the crowd below the tower or anything at all Celine could even see with those big lights right below her seems she would be blinded to see anything. As epic as this was I bet she can't wait to be on stage and be able to see the crowds and interact with them. I wonder if it was intentional to reduce the risk of any overstimulation? Regardless, It must've been a unique experience to be able to sing "from the heavens" literally. 5 Quote
tshlw Posted July 30, 2024 at 10:45 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 10:45 PM I wonder if it was intentional to reduce the risk of any overstimulation? Regardless, It must've been a unique experience to be able to sing "from the heavens" literally. Maybe but she seems to not be someone triggered by external stimulation but more internal ones, like how she was so excited after the recording session. Wonder if that will be a new category of SPS patients ones who are not bothered by outside stimuli like noise and lights but internal ones. 1 Quote 'I am, in life and death, the woman of only one man.' Celine Dion My Story, My Dream
jorn Posted July 30, 2024 at 11:31 PM Posted July 30, 2024 at 11:31 PM (edited) You know whats Funny? Celine (and especially René) always used to say: the best is yet to come. I always thought that was kind of a gratuit line: it had been abundently clear that Celine’s prime was in the nineties. But you know What? The might have been right. This may well have been the most glorious moment in all of her career. At least for me it is. What a Joy to see her shine and what a special night for her. even my family (who don’t care for her) were proud and moved. Is it true that the organization has said that Celine sang live as the only one? I read somewhere that she did sing live but they broadcasted a dubbed track Edited July 30, 2024 at 11:33 PM by jorn 3 Quote
MaxRayÎles Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:05 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:05 AM Hello! Does somebody have the performance in full HD? I haven't had the chance of catching it on TV and there isn't a good YouTube video. Thanks Quote
Balao Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:15 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:15 AM No lipsync according to this vocal coach : 1 Quote
lyn Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:24 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:24 AM No lipsync according to this vocal coach : Was curious to find the Scott Price interview one of the comments mentioned? Not sure this is it (or what outlet this is) but a lovely perspective from Scott! https://actualnewsmagazine.com/english/olympics-opening-ceremony-celine-dion-was-in-check-me-out-mode-says-scott-price/ 2 Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
chinit0 Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:28 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:28 AM not sure if this was posted before but I can clearly hear her voice… 😍 4 Quote
lyn Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:36 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:36 AM not sure if this was posted before but I can clearly hear her voice… 😍 Omg she was straight up rehearsing in the pouring rain??? I thought she skipped it by the time her performance came but guess she’d been drenched practicing all up to that point! Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
Balao Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:36 AM Posted July 31, 2024 at 01:36 AM (edited) https://x.com/newsdi...zyv5bXJ1X-GzdOw not sure if this was posted before but I can clearly hear her voice… �� This is the rehearsal. Here we can hear two Céline overlapping each other : the live Céline and the pre-recorded Céline which sounds similar to what was braodcast on the next day. Edited July 31, 2024 at 01:40 AM by Balao 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.