Lymon Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:52 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:52 PM Whoa, i'm incredibly shocked by this. I can't believe she's actually performing a cover. The song is great, kind of a Jazzy arrangement(to my at least), the lyrics are incredible, and I seriously can't wait now to see. Now people can see another side of Celine other than the very slow ballads. She's going to do incredible. Quote http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf4r5f.png
Lou555 Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:55 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:55 PM (edited) This is going to be great! Céline is such an amazing person! I mean, it's difficult knowing how true it is to her... Like My Love, it's close to her heart... I'm sure she'll do a great job! I'm praying for her and that everything goes well. No technical glitches like that Dance with my Father time... I was thinking about the same thing, please NO technical glitches this time, PLEASE!!! It made me so mad the last time, I'll never forget it...but I hope to never see that ever again even though she handled it like the pro she is. I'm sure Céline will be great singing this so wellknown classic song from the Grammy Hall of Fame. It's suits her completely in my opinion. I remember wanting to hear her sing that at least once. I know she will interpret this with depth and all her heart, showing off the angelic side of her unique voice. Hoping her health gives her control on her instrument to enable her to have pleasure singing it and to be at her best. Critics are always saying she's over the top always belting out song like an olympian, so tonight she'll show this other part of her great talent that I love. They're always saying "less is more" and that Céline doesn't know what that means.. .well she's gone show them that she absolutely knows how to do that too. I also hope she will get a nomination. She deserves at least one! Edited December 4, 2008 at 12:27 AM by Lou555 Quote
Nmj Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:02 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:02 AM Yes... she does does anyone know if Sophan was joking when he dais she was singing ML too...????? Quote
Lou555 Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:09 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:09 AM (edited) I don't know the song. But I seriously hope she doesn't cry. It sucks that she used to feel that way, but surely she doesn't now? I don't know. What she said made me nervous. I'm positive Céline doesn't feel that way anymore, of course not. She has never felt better in her skin and body than since she's 40. I think she talked about those times when she was younger and not feeling that good in her skin to explain why she thinks she can sing those lyrics...because even though she doesn't feel that way anymore, she can relate and understand what those lyrics talks about and how some young girls feel these days still, that's all. Don't worry, imo our Céline is been feeling beautiful and good about herself for a long long while now! Edited December 4, 2008 at 12:12 AM by Lou555 Quote
Nmj Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:15 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:15 AM CBS website for the grammys has Celine'spicture and name next to the nomination link on their home page go to cbs.com and see...I hope thats a hint she will get nominated!! Quote
KimboCosmo Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:20 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:20 AM I wish it came on earlier!!!! Another hour and a half! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
destin139 Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:23 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:23 AM is there any way to watch it online? im guessing not but i live in hope! sorry of this has already been asked - im way too tired to trawl through 14 pages of comments to find out! Quote http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
Céline's Blues Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:30 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:30 AM is there any way to watch it online? im guessing not but i live in hope! sorry of this has already been asked - im way too tired to trawl through 14 pages of comments to find out! Download http://pages.tvunetworks.com/downloads/download.html Search for CBS and you're ready to go. Fran, still waiting for that new pic! Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
VintageCeline Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:33 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:33 AM is there any way to watch it online? im guessing not but i live in hope! sorry of this has already been asked - im way too tired to trawl through 14 pages of comments to find out! I don't think there is, there is an online thing which we'll have to download, butttt I don't even think we can watch it on that. x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
Nmj Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:36 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:36 AM Well im sure it will be on Youtube nefore midnight Quote
destin139 Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:39 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:39 AM Thanks Celine's Blues!! Well, I'm watching something! Can anyone tell me whats on CBS right now so i can see if im watching the right thing? thanks Quote http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:42 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:42 AM 1 hour and 20 minutes! Quote
stevethefan Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:48 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:48 AM (edited) Is it on at 8 or 9 Eastern US time? Oh I just saw it's on at 9 pm here. Edited December 4, 2008 at 12:51 AM by stevethefan Quote
VintageCeline Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:49 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:49 AM x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:50 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:50 AM Is it on at 8 or 9 Eastern US time? 9pm! Quote
Shesings2me Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:52 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:52 AM Ummm...a flight plan had just been filed. Celine's plane leaves to go back to Vegas at 6:50pm (PST). Does that mean it's taped earlier and not live?? I guess so seeing as we'll be watching the show and she'll be on her way to the airport. Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
QueenCeline Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:56 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:56 AM Probably, because I got a flight scheduled CST at 8:50. Unless she goes on early, and really runs away to the airport - probably not! Quote Marc~~~~~~~~Taking Chances World TourSeptember 29, 2008December 16, 2008
Nmj Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:56 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:56 AM No its Live she may perform first in the show and 6:50 the concert will be close to over Celines JET never leaves on time since it private it probably wont leave until 7:50. Quote
stevethefan Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:58 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 12:58 AM It may still be live. She may just be leaving right after she sings. But even if it's taped it will still be new so I'm excited. Quote
Koolan Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:00 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:00 AM It won't be live! Here's what it shows on my DVR. "The Grammy nominations are announced. Celine Dion performs." Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
autumnskies00 Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:00 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:00 AM Yes... she does does anyone know if Sophan was joking when he dais she was singing ML too...????? It's just a given if she sings 2 songs, the second will be my love, but I'm sure he doesn't have anymore confirmation than we do that she'll be singing a second song. The show hasn't even started yet. Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
autumnskies00 Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:04 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:04 AM I don't know the song. But I seriously hope she doesn't cry. It sucks that she used to feel that way, but surely she doesn't now? I don't know. What she said made me nervous. I'm positive Céline doesn't feel that way anymore, of course not. She has never felt better in her skin and body than since she's 40. I think she talked about those times when she was younger and not feeling that good in her skin to explain why she thinks she can sing those lyrics...because even though she doesn't feel that way anymore, she can relate and understand what those lyrics talks about and how some young girls feel these days still, that's all. Don't worry, imo our Céline is been feeling beautiful and good about herself for a long long while now! Actually, like most woman, I think she has times when she's not always completely confident about the way she looks. When I saw her in the rainbow room for last years christmas lighting, I was able to see her getting ready to take the stage near the entrance of the room. She kept asking the people that were fixing her hair and makeup "do I look okay, are you sure?" It was cute. Of course she was looking beautiful. Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
VintageCeline Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:10 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:10 AM OO I'm excited! x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
Shesings2me Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:20 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:20 AM It won't be live! Here's what it shows on my DVR. "The Grammy nominations are announced. Celine Dion performs." Actually Vic, the Grammy website says it will be live and Tam told me the main show starts at 6:00pm PST. I think Nmj is correct that most likely she'll go on early in the show and that her plane won't necessarily leave on time. Can't wait...only 40 mins or so left to go....yay! Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
KimboCosmo Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:21 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:21 AM Ohhh the excitement!!! Quote http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2765/48940711.png "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams." Visit Celinerific.com today!
stevethefan Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:28 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:28 AM Makeup is being applied now. Quote
idroveallnight Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:41 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:41 AM I've been watching Christmas in Rockefeller Center and completely forgot about this lol. Remember Celine last year in the Rainbow Room? I've never heard this new song but I'm sure Celine will do it justice. We all know she performs other people's songs better than her own. Break a leg, Celine. I hope you rack in those nominations. Quote
autumnskies00 Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:49 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:49 AM maybe someone else is using her plane. I would think she'd be going on last since...well...she's the best. Lol. But maybe she will leave early. She had a busy past 3 days. Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
stillwater Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:52 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:52 AM Just a bit of info --- Jann Arden, another one of Canada's recognizable artists (of course not as huge as Celine), also did a cover of At Seventeen in her 2007 Uncover Me album. She's probably best known for the pretty ballad "Insensitive" - her only biggest hit outside of Canada, which charted at No. 12 on US Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.