Davey84 Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:15 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:15 PM this will be very interesting! the song suits céline so well!! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Love, Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:23 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:23 PM it's as boring as my love but this one will not promote the GH so dont complain about 0 sales effect next week That's not necessarily true. People who see Celine on TV might see her CD on the shelf at Target or wherever, and they might be inspired to buy it. And, like I've said previously - this concert is historical - music history - much more important than the release of a mixed CD. Quote
Teodora Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:24 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:24 PM Wow... that's a song I can relate to.... So does Celine, which makes it very appropiate for her to sing. It's kinda boring sang by Janis Ian, but I can bet I will love Celine's version, she can make the dullest song sound great. And it's kinda like a revenge, cause she's this incredibly gorgeous woman now, who has anything a girl could ever want. Quote
celinedream Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:32 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:32 PM The Grammy Nominations Special will pay tribute to classics like Janis Ian's "At Seventeen," which Dion will perform. "It's a very deep, extremely sad song," she says. "The kids today go through so much. You have to look that way, you have dress that way and you have to be that thin. I think that's why I always hated school. I didn't fit in. I didn't look pretty. I didn't feel pretty. And I think that's why I can sing that song."Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/03/...in4644769.shtml can't wait Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
mirage Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:52 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:52 PM oh well...at least not My Love... haha i love this song very very much, but didnt expect to be performed at this show, i thought an upbeat power song would be chosen... but i think this suits her very well, and would be the highlight of the show!i wonder how she will perform it, the ''cd'' version, or the acoustic one with only guitar wonder what she will wear tonight Quote
Love, Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:17 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:17 PM oh well...at least not My Love... haha i love this song very very much, but didnt expect to be performed at this show, i thought an upbeat power song would be chosen... but i think this suits her very well, and would be the highlight of the show!i wonder how she will perform it, the ''cd'' version, or the acoustic one with only guitar wonder what she will wear tonight She will sing more than one song. And the other song will be "My Love" Quote
Céline's Blues Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:36 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:36 PM Everybody who will just SLIGHTLY criticize Céline's choice of singing this GRAND masterpiece I will personally crucify. This ish is amazing. I am seriously blown away by her choice. For the first time in her English career. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
mirage Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:44 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:44 PM She will sing more than one song. And the other song will be "My Love" [/color] ah its okee with me, and if they need to edit 1 song, let it be My love...i want At Seventeen the whole freaking song can we watch this online ? Quote
artistman2007 Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:48 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:48 PM she will not rock the house with that song Quote
Céline's Blues Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:50 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:50 PM Exactly these little choices, these little damn choices that keep the whole fake commercial Dion empire from sinking. These are just little moments where you see her full potential what kind of artist she really is and even would love to be - far from the soullessness of her English songs and big David Foster instruments. They become so meaningless towards simple lyrics that mean to her so much. These are the little moments it's worth waiting for as pastic-fantastic-Céline-fan. She truly never ceases to amaze, even though it's like once in 2 years or something, she still has her moments. Let's keep fingers crossed for more common sense in her head for the next English album in 2010. Now I know for sure she ain't over yet. Yet. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
kathy4 Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:51 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:51 PM that is true she is going to be doing the janis ian song tonight on the grammy special i heard her say that on the early show this morning. Quote http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp339/Mia_84/Tumlum/Perfume/celine-dion-chic.jpg
autumnskies00 Posted December 3, 2008 at 05:11 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 05:11 PM omg, I'm so excited to hear her sing this!! Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
mirage Posted December 3, 2008 at 05:14 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 05:14 PM (edited) she will not rock the house with that song no she will not rock it, but she will do much more with this song!! Let's keep fingers crossed for more common sense in her head for the next English album in 2010. Now I know for sure she ain't over yet. Yet. lol but then we get the commercial celine u know ;-)her dreams always make place for money money money... when she finally do her jazz thing, her classic thing, her movies etc she will be 60... :-Ptill then we have to do it with her poppie songs and once in a few years a classic celine summertime, i knew i loved you, and now At Seventeen... Edited December 3, 2008 at 05:21 PM by mirage Quote
dj4celine Posted December 3, 2008 at 05:45 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 05:45 PM Robin, maybe this time would be different and we'd get to hear classics in her new album instead of random pop songs. BTW I really liked the lyrics and although the song isn't 'interesting' for some, I think it would be really beautiful and honest. Just like her performance of 'Something' in the TJTWIM CBS Special Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:14 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:14 PM A very interesting choice. Looking forward to it. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Fran Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:27 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:27 PM (edited) What a bad choice, it's gonna be the worst song of the night, so bored! I hope she'll sing another song..., she will perform again seated lol she is tired to dance... Edited December 3, 2008 at 06:31 PM by Fran Quote
artistman2007 Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:38 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:38 PM how many hours left until it begins please? Quote
autumnskies00 Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:42 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:42 PM no one can ever be happy. It was ethier this or MHWGO I'm sure lol, so DEAL. Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
Fran Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:43 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:43 PM At 3 am Paris, Madrid, Rome.. time! Quote
Nando Férri Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:56 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 06:56 PM I've never heard this song before and as a young boy, it's not the kind I like. BUT I think it may be a very good performance! I hope her voice will be in shape and that she will look beautiful! Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
rathnakumar Posted December 3, 2008 at 07:16 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 07:16 PM This is going to be great! Céline is such an amazing person! I mean, it's difficult knowing how true it is to her... Like My Love, it's close to her heart... I'm sure she'll do a great job! I'm praying for her and that everything goes well. No technical glitches like that Dance with my Father time... Quote https://www.instagram.com/p/C8RuNzZPAdh/
Shamrock_1982 Posted December 3, 2008 at 08:33 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 08:33 PM I'm really looking forward to this performance!!! I'm not familiar with this song, but its always exciting to know she will perform a song, shes never sung before..... and doing this on tv is a bonus!!! Darren. Quote
celinesounds Posted December 3, 2008 at 08:37 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 08:37 PM People complain about My Heart will go on, People complain when she sings Love can move mountains, Now she has a great song to promote “my love” they complain again Quote #FREEJAVITO
Shesings2me Posted December 3, 2008 at 08:58 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 08:58 PM I'm getting another call tonight from another forum member (not the same as last night) who'll be there. I'll report later. I'm so excited that any other song than the usuals will be performed. Yeehaaa!! Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
takeachance Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:02 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:02 PM Anyone know when it will be aired UK/Irish time? What channel. Thanks Quote http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gifRIP Rene Angelil xx Sending Love and Prayers to Celine
iloveceline22 Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:04 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:04 PM gosh i cant waitt till the concert! ill prolly get there around 3:30 n doors open at four! im sure celine will do a great job...ill prolly get so emotional because of the song itself, and because its so true to celine as well!... i know shes gna have a beautiful outfit..i mean duhh she always does! lol cant waitt! ahhh my last day of celine! ima miss these days... Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
Costa Santos Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:06 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:06 PM I'm getting another call tonight from another forum member (not the same as last night) who'll be there. I'll report later. I'm so excited that any other song than the usuals will be performed. Yeehaaa!! Ohhh, Tracy... So kind of you to keep us updated! Quote CELINE, I'M SO PROUD OF LOVING YOU. http://www.celinedion.com/global/images/worldtour/worldtour_sa_5.jpg I was there...: ... May, 20th - Paris, France...... May, 21st - Paris, France...... May, 24th - Paris, France...... May, 25th - Paris, France...... May, 27th - Paris, France...... May, 30th - Dublin, Ireland...... June, 02nd - Amsterdam, Holland...
ce-line Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:12 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:12 PM I don't know this song, but very exciting! Quote http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Wall_1-sig2-cut_zpsc3440219.jpg"Now hounds of love are hunting..." http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/celinetime/Mirasig_zps9c49e4c3.jpg"I'm so tired of this guessing game..."
Istike Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:19 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:19 PM (edited) I don't know this song, but very exciting! Just like me too. But I'm afraid that it's gonna be a very short version....... I don't like short versions........ :confused: :confused: Edited December 3, 2008 at 09:20 PM by Istike Quote IstiHungarian Fan Club
boyblackuk Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:29 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 09:29 PM Anyone know when it will be aired UK/Irish time? What channel. Thanks We are not that lucky im afraid.....Thanks god for youtube Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.