celinefan1985 Posted December 2, 2008 at 11:38 PM Posted December 2, 2008 at 11:38 PM (edited) Even though her performances are not always as vocally technically perfect, she more than makes up up for it in performance. She really has come a long way and I think that's the only thing good about her going to Vegas. I remember watching that performance and thinking at the time, my God, why so stiff. And it's true seeing it again today, she was like a deer caught in the headlights. Edited December 2, 2008 at 11:40 PM by joeym Quote
Xpresso Posted December 2, 2008 at 11:38 PM Posted December 2, 2008 at 11:38 PM Love don't quit your day job for comedy work... Don't worry Xpresso, I won't take your comedy day job from you! Ha Ha Ha, NOW you're funny!! Quote
Nmj Posted December 2, 2008 at 11:39 PM Posted December 2, 2008 at 11:39 PM What are you smoking, lol "ML" wouldnt prove how good she is at all . its a great song and i'm happy its on her album and performed on tour because the tour are people who love CELINE generally, but this enviroment, these DIVAS that are gonna be there and her possible nomination ALL need something other than a ballad. This performance needs to be UPBEAT and full of energy like (The Best, River Deep Mountain High, Fade Away, Eyes on Me...ect.) but if she must do a ballad AGAIN it has to prove how great she is something like "All By Myself" or even "Think Twice".Just my thoughts..-Nmj Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 3, 2008 at 12:29 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 12:29 AM (edited) Even though her performances are not always as vocally technically perfect, she more than makes up up for it in performance. She really has come a long way and I think that's the only thing good about her going to Vegas. I remember watching that performance and thinking at the time, my God, why so stiff. And it's true seeing it again today, she was like a deer caught in the headlights. I couldn't disagree more. in that old letterman video I think she's ten times less cheezy and much more serious and believable. I don't see any deer in the headlights, I see a fierceness and determination in her face and a pro at work on the stage. the celine from vegas is too busy contorting her face like a clown whenever she lipsynchs and making crazy hand gestures and air guitar/violins as much as fans find it endearing .. it turns a lot of ppl off sometimes less is more Edited December 3, 2008 at 12:31 AM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
jackydion Posted December 3, 2008 at 01:27 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 01:27 AM is tonight?????? what time? Quote
Bellamy Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:18 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:18 AM I disagree. Did you see Christina opening the AMAs last week? She was horrible. Mariah's performance was shaky in the beginning but ended okay.Cause the end of ISIL was playback as always. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
binsk Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:20 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:20 AM http://www.cbs.com/specials/51grammys/ in the Top Picks for Grammys...there is a picture of celine!!let's hope she gets a nomination! Quote -RK
idroveallnight Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:25 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:25 AM http://www.cbs.com/specials/51grammys/ in the Top Picks for Grammys...there is a picture of celine!!let's hope she gets a nomination!So cool! I'll be on a drip in the hospital if she doesn't get nominated tomorrow. Quote
Love, Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:31 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 04:31 AM http://www.cbs.com/specials/51grammys/ in the Top Picks for Grammys...there is a picture of celine!!let's hope she gets a nomination! Reality Check: It's linked to a little forum page with TWO POSTS. Quote
onix Posted December 3, 2008 at 07:28 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 07:28 AM I hope she sing "All by myself" Quote Celine Dion en Guadalajara, MexicoDiciembre 2008 http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8506/tourmexicoxd9lk5.jpg
luciusbright Posted December 3, 2008 at 07:35 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 07:35 AM my love of coursethis is the only new "hit" she has right nowbut I wonder if she do a medley, with ballads and uptempo together that would be awesome~~~~~~~~~ Quote S'il suffisait d'aimer...
celinesounds Posted December 3, 2008 at 07:58 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 07:58 AM I hope she sing "All by myself" My Love is the single Quote #FREEJAVITO
Fran Posted December 3, 2008 at 10:06 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 10:06 AM All Céline dancers and musicians are there, I hope we'll see them to do a great performance! Quote
mirage Posted December 3, 2008 at 10:43 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 10:43 AM All Céline dancers and musicians are there, I hope we'll see them to do a great performance! how do u know the dancers are there with her? Quote
CSCfan Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:13 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:13 AM Cause he's secretely one of them Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Fran Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:33 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:33 AM All Céline dancers and musicians are there, I hope we'll see them to do a great performance! how do u know the dancers are there with her?I mean all his band is at L.A., the concert was yesterday night! Quote
CelionDion Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM Posted December 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM I'm glad that she's probably going to sing My love...her new stuff deserves to be heard by America Quote http://showstalker.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/celine-dion-doctorate-laval-univ-2.jpg
Céline's Blues Posted December 3, 2008 at 01:30 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 01:30 PM Even though her performances are not always as vocally technically perfect, she more than makes up up for it in performance. She really has come a long way and I think that's the only thing good about her going to Vegas. I remember watching that performance and thinking at the time, my God, why so stiff. And it's true seeing it again today, she was like a deer caught in the headlights. I couldn't disagree more. in that old letterman video I think she's ten times less cheezy and much more serious and believable. I don't see any deer in the headlights, I see a fierceness and determination in her face and a pro at work on the stage. the celine from vegas is too busy contorting her face like a clown whenever she lipsynchs and making crazy hand gestures and air guitar/violins as much as fans find it endearing .. it turns a lot of ppl off sometimes less is moreFor the sake of God. Please go grab the newly released DVD where she sang with others for 3 hours in one piece, 100% live. That Céline is real, not the one that sang RDMH there on Letterman. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
gafsa Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:26 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:26 PM Celine will perform Janis Ian's "At Seventeen," at Grammy, i read it somewehere in the web. Quote
anewdayhascome Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:28 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:28 PM The Grammy Nominations Special will pay tribute to classics like Janis Ian's "At Seventeen," which Dion will perform. "It's a very deep, extremely sad song," she says. "The kids today go through so much. You have to look that way, you have dress that way and you have to be that thin. I think that's why I always hated school. I didn't fit in. I didn't look pretty. I didn't feel pretty. And I think that's why I can sing that song." :wub: :wub: Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
bronzey Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:33 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:33 PM (edited) oops here you go. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/03/...in4644769.shtml Edited December 3, 2008 at 02:36 PM by bronzey Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/bronzey/bronzey_sig2.jpg
Shall Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:34 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:34 PM Wow! A New Song!!! Looking forward to that moment~ Quote http://img015.photo.21cn.com/photos/album/20090407/m/F9F2592882544BCAD62C9F8B3B158FB8.jpg 从明天起, 做一个幸福的人. 喂马, 劈柴, 周游世界.从明天起, 关心粮食和蔬菜. 我有一所房子, 面朝大海, 春暖花开.
VinnyT. Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:36 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:36 PM yeah it's trueeeeeeeeeee Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Love, Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:37 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:37 PM (edited) the celine from vegas is too busy contorting her face like a clown whenever she lipsynchs and making crazy hand gestures and air guitar/violins as much as fans find it endearing .. it turns a lot of ppl off I find it a bit annoying. LOL Well, in everything, there has to be moderation... I find it weird when fans try to mimic her distorted expressions. Edited December 3, 2008 at 02:41 PM by Love, Quote
poetic Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:42 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:42 PM (edited) Awesome NEWS!!!!!! I like this song hehehe. Lyrics:AT SEVENTEENI learned the truth at seventeenThat love was meant for beauty queensand high school girls with clear skinned smileswho married young and then retired. The valentines I never knew.The Friday night charades of youthwere spent on one more beautiful.At seventeen I learned the truth. And those of us with ravaged faceslacking in the social gracesdesperately remained at homeinventing lovers on the phonewho called to say – come dance with meand murmured vague obscenities.It isn't all it seems at seventeen. A brown eyed girl in hand me downswhose name I never could pronouncesaid – Pity please the ones who serve.They only get what they deserve. The rich relationed hometown queenmarries into what she needswith a guarantee of companyand haven for the elderly. Remember those who win the gamelose the love they sought to gain.In debentures of quality and dubious integrity.Their small-town eyes will gape at youin dull surprise when payment dueexceeds accounts received at seventeen. To those of us who knew the painof valentines that never came.and those whose names were never calledwhen choosing sides for basketball. It was long ago and far away.The world was younger than today.when dreams were all they gave for freeto ugly duckling girls like me. We all play the game, and when we darewe cheat ourselves at solitaire.Inventing lovers on the phone.Repenting other lives unknownthat call and say – Come dance with meand murmur vague obscenitiesat ugly girls like me, at seventeen. Edited December 3, 2008 at 02:46 PM by poetic Quote Puedes ver cómo me desmorono, o solo te das cuenta de mis erroresHay momentos en los que puedo sentir, que lees mis pensamientos¿Sabias, que todo mi tiempo seria para ti?¿Sabias, que solo veía a través de ti?¿Sabías que jugaría mi papel hasta el final?Sé que lo deje claro desde el principio,My Love
Black Kitten Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:42 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:42 PM oohh i've never heard of this song sounds intriguing.. Quote
VinnyT. Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:44 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:44 PM it's as boring as my love but this one will not promote the GH so dont complain about 0 sales effect next week Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
kathyc25 Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:45 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:45 PM I saw Janis do this song live...its so beautiful, but so sad Quote Music Is Life...Live ItYou are the music while the music lasts. ~T.S. Eliot"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney
bronzey Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:47 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 02:47 PM this is a good song....I heard it a couple of times when I was a kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHOIT1ROk8 Me thinks Celine can pull this off effortlessly. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/bronzey/bronzey_sig2.jpg
jjlovescéline Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:08 PM Posted December 3, 2008 at 03:08 PM This is awesome news!!!!!!!!!! I loved Janis Ian back in the day and I LOVED this song!!! I am so looking forward to hearing Céline sing it!!!!!!!!!! I hope Céline is nominated for a Grammy!!! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.