tahitiCELINEfan Posted November 23, 2008 at 10:00 PM Posted November 23, 2008 at 10:00 PM or not!I just word on something. I can't go at all to LA. I'm going to be on a business trip that day, for something immensely amazing and exciting. I'll just watch this concert on HD and give the money that I would have spent on this trip as a gift to my parents for Christmas! that's a good christmas gift So what's taking you away from the diva???? another concert? an award!!!! tell me tell me ! Quote MY TAKING CHANCES TOUR:202 concert dates, and counting!A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES AND WONDERFUL FRIENDSHIPSMISS YOU CELINE!
CellyDee87 Posted November 24, 2008 at 12:30 AM Posted November 24, 2008 at 12:30 AM Where are you sitting Tam? loge row b seat 112 We're pretty close to each other! See you there, can't wait for this We're in Orchestra Row T seats 211 onwards Quote
Black Kitten Posted November 24, 2008 at 12:37 AM Posted November 24, 2008 at 12:37 AM Mariah Carey will just co-host the show Quote
Nikosn17 Posted November 24, 2008 at 05:32 AM Posted November 24, 2008 at 05:32 AM Mariah Carey will just co-host the show She'll sing. She won't co-host. This article wasn't true. Look at the Grammy site. Quote
Love, Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:04 AM Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:04 AM (edited) or not!I just word on something. I can't go at all to LA. I'm going to be on a business trip that day, for something immensely amazing and exciting. I'll just watch this concert on HD and give the money that I would have spent on this trip as a gift to my parents for Christmas! that's a good christmas gift So what's taking you away from the diva???? another concert? an award!!!! tell me tell me ! I don't understand why I'm being questioned... It's quite odd, honestly, Tam. I've never been with her. LOL You've been to see Celine on multiple continents. She's your passion, your love, your obsession. She is definitely my favorite singer, but I have many other things in my life that's more important than Celine, such as my love for cinema, for the arts, my family (including my aging parents and my beloved grandparents). I live a very fast-paced life. And, no, Tam, my life is not playing the piano. I don't make even a buck playing the piano. The concert I gave two weeks ago, was to raise funds for a women's center to help put a stop to domestic violence against women. I run a multimedia production firm and preside over one of the leading arts organizations in my region of California. I wake up each day knowing that I'm living life to the fullest. I definitely will not drop things to run for Celine. I see her when she's around, or when I have time, or when I have an opportunity. Like, New York was a little vacation for me, and I got a few amazing chances to talk to her, kiss her, and smile with her. And that was so great, and I do adore her. But that moment was transient... It was something to talk about, something to remember, something to smile about, but not an achievement... it's not a success. You can't measure people's "commitment," because Celine is not a need. Although she's a deep inspiration, her music touches deeply in the heart, and I will always be moved by her music, by her story, by her humanity - yet, she's a commodity and a form of entertainment. I don't want to disappoint anybody - this is just truth. If it weren't for this forum or YouTube, I probably would still have not seen footages of her singing on "An Evening with..." or even on Ellen's Show. I don't even watch TV. And a trip to LA to see Celine would be $300 for airfare and transportation, $300 for the concert ticket (because I want a good seat), $300 for the hotel, $100 for food, and another $100 for travel miscellaneous. I could go on a shopping spree for gifts this Christmas to give to so many people, instead of myself. I've seen her 12 times in concert. Today, she was scheduled to be in San Jose, but that was canceled. I was in the same city because I served on an international jury of a major film festival and the event was held there. I would have chosen to be at the festival versus seeing Celine, because it was more important for me. Edited November 24, 2008 at 10:15 AM by Love, Quote
Bellamy Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:28 AM Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:28 AM Thanks for posting your biography here. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Love, Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:50 AM Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:50 AM (edited) Thanks for reading... I am in a conversation mood tonight... Edited November 24, 2008 at 10:55 AM by Love, Quote
pat200 Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:56 AM Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:56 AM Thanks for reading... I am in a conversation mood tonight... Well then come over to msn, let's chat, i am dying from boredom Quote
Love, Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:58 AM Posted November 24, 2008 at 10:58 AM (edited) Thanks for reading... I am in a conversation mood tonight... Well then come over to msn, let's chat, i am dying from boredom Sure! ...logging in for a bit, in a good and insightful conversation before rest time. Edited November 24, 2008 at 10:58 AM by Love, Quote
Céline's Blues Posted November 24, 2008 at 11:00 AM Posted November 24, 2008 at 11:00 AM Mariah Carey will just co-host the show She'll sing. She won't co-host. This article wasn't true. Look at the Grammy site.http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gif Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Love, Posted November 24, 2008 at 11:46 AM Posted November 24, 2008 at 11:46 AM (edited) at Seb... btw... LL and Swiffy will co-host. Edited November 24, 2008 at 11:47 AM by Love, Quote
Cambroneroj Posted November 24, 2008 at 01:31 PM Posted November 24, 2008 at 01:31 PM Thanks for posting your biography here. LOL your comment, Priceless. That was funny. Quote
Xpresso Posted November 24, 2008 at 01:39 PM Posted November 24, 2008 at 01:39 PM Thanks for posting your biography here. LOL your comment, Priceless. That was funny. I second that!! Love, has the Celine Dion Forum signed a book deal with you? Quote
dj4celine Posted November 24, 2008 at 03:10 PM Posted November 24, 2008 at 03:10 PM Seb, that was just Quote
Say What? Posted November 24, 2008 at 05:17 PM Posted November 24, 2008 at 05:17 PM I served on an international jury of a major film festival and the event was held there. I would have chosen to be at the festival versus seeing Celine, because it was more important for me. Ooh! Which film festival would that be?? Quote
Nikosn17 Posted November 24, 2008 at 07:26 PM Posted November 24, 2008 at 07:26 PM Mariah Carey will just co-host the show She'll sing. She won't co-host. This article wasn't true. Look at the Grammy site.http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gif duuh, you should have at least made these with the link so that people can click on them to buy the song. Anyway I'm sure next time you will. Quote
Love, Posted November 24, 2008 at 08:22 PM Posted November 24, 2008 at 08:22 PM (edited) Oh... Xpresso... You know, I'm sure there are several other Celine fans in this world whose hearts will go on with or without Celine... I served on an international jury of a major film festival and the event was held there. I would have chosen to be at the festival versus seeing Celine, because it was more important for me. Ooh! Which film festival would that be??The ever-curious A.Silly that you're asking me to prove myself... T'was The 12th Int'l Latino Film Festival, which took place in 15 venues over the course of three weeks this year in San Francisco, Redwood City, San Jose, San Rafael, Larkspur, Berkeley, San Bruno, San Mateo. About San Jose's run: http://www.metroactive.com/metro/11.12.08/...atino-0846.html Yahoo! News: http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p...o+Film+FestivalGoogle News: http://news.google.com/news?ned=us&hl=...tnG=Search+News Have fun reading... Edited November 24, 2008 at 08:24 PM by Love, Quote
Ronny83 Posted November 24, 2008 at 08:28 PM Author Posted November 24, 2008 at 08:28 PM Mariah Carey will just co-host the show She'll sing. She won't co-host. This article wasn't true. Look at the Grammy site.http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gif :sofunny: Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
Love, Posted November 24, 2008 at 08:41 PM Posted November 24, 2008 at 08:41 PM I want something like this to happen on December 3rd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNpfeCMBfM Quote
Xpresso Posted November 24, 2008 at 11:12 PM Posted November 24, 2008 at 11:12 PM I want something like this to happen on December 3rd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNpfeCMBfM Now THAT's a performance! Thanks Love for digging this out of your personal groupie library... We know you are THE biggest Céline fan! Quote
Black Kitten Posted November 25, 2008 at 12:53 AM Posted November 25, 2008 at 12:53 AM (edited) OMD i've never seen that Natural Woman performance before! Edited November 25, 2008 at 12:58 AM by dhena Quote
Say What? Posted November 25, 2008 at 02:05 AM Posted November 25, 2008 at 02:05 AM Oh... Xpresso... You know, I'm sure there are several other Celine fans in this world whose hearts will go on with or without Celine... I served on an international jury of a major film festival and the event was held there. I would have chosen to be at the festival versus seeing Celine, because it was more important for me. Ooh! Which film festival would that be??The ever-curious A.Silly that you're asking me to prove myself... T'was The 12th Int'l Latino Film Festival, which took place in 15 venues over the course of three weeks this year in San Francisco, Redwood City, San Jose, San Rafael, Larkspur, Berkeley, San Bruno, San Mateo. About San Jose's run: http://www.metroactive.com/metro/11.12.08/...atino-0846.html Yahoo! News: http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p...o+Film+FestivalGoogle News: http://news.google.com/news?ned=us&hl=...tnG=Search+News Have fun reading... I was just curious since I work in the industry... Every film festival is an important one for me as they are a platform to show one's cinematic vision but only a handful are considered major, like Sundance, Cannes, Berlin, Toronto and a few others. That's why I asked. Quote
JP Posted November 25, 2008 at 02:15 AM Posted November 25, 2008 at 02:15 AM Mariah Carey will just co-host the show She'll sing. She won't co-host. This article wasn't true. Look at the Grammy site.http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7189/banner3qt3.gifLOLLWell, i really like that song and the live version at AMA's yesterday was sooooo good! Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Say What? Posted November 25, 2008 at 02:43 AM Posted November 25, 2008 at 02:43 AM Well, i really like that song and the live version at AMA's yesterday was sooooo good! Is that what you're talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNiCRq1h1o I almost broke a rib laughing while watching this video. At about 1m22s into the video... she takes a look at the big screen to her left and sees herself and decides to put her hair on her shoulder 'cause she didn't like what she saw That song is like a carbon copy of We Belong Together... well not a carbon copy but they are way too similar imo. Quote
Love, Posted November 25, 2008 at 04:36 AM Posted November 25, 2008 at 04:36 AM (edited) I was just curious since I work in the industry... Every film festival is an important one for me as they are a platform to show one's cinematic vision but only a handful are considered major, like Sundance, Cannes, Berlin, Toronto and a few others. That's why I asked. Those are obviously major. Montreal World, Venice, San Sebastian are as major. Sundance is the only one that you've named that's not accredited by the FIAPF, and not considered as an A-fest. There are over 2,000 film festivals worldwide and several more thousand showcases. Sundance is a large independent film festivals in the world and a major launching pad, but still has a smaller audience than Seattle's and Palm Spring Int'l's. And New York Film Festival, curated by the Film Society of Lincoln Center, although has a slate of a few feature films, is considered among the top 5 most important in the US, along with the San Francisco Int'l, the Telluride, the Tribeca. The Int'l Latino of SF-Bay Area, although a niche festival, is one of the top five in the US (if not in the top three) for its showcase films from Latin America, Latin Europe, and Latinos in the United States. I want something like this to happen on December 3rd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNpfeCMBfM Now THAT's a performance! Thanks Love for digging this out of your personal groupie library... We know you are THE biggest Céline fan! :mdr: I like you. Since her name is on top of the others - I have a feeling that she will sing more songs than the others there. (So now, instead of two songs, she will sing three ) I just hope that the song selection would be wise. Even though she is in promotion of the Essential Collection, I highly doubt she's gonna bore the crowd with a ballad (such as "My Love"), as she knows the other singers will be there to rock the house! I'm sure that she will do well because she tends to perform at her peak whenever she does these group concerts.In addition, this is a highly-historical night! Edited November 25, 2008 at 04:38 AM by Love, Quote
JP Posted November 25, 2008 at 05:19 AM Posted November 25, 2008 at 05:19 AM OMG OMG OMG!!You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman live at Letterman!!!Such an amazing surprise & performance!! I really want more JayLeno/Letterman performances, it's always flawless! About Mariah, she's so funny, superficial, but still love it lolYeah, it's sounds almost the most like WBT but a little more refreshing Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Bellamy Posted November 25, 2008 at 06:02 AM Posted November 25, 2008 at 06:02 AM I almost broke a rib laughing while watching this video. At about 1m22s into the video... she takes a look at the big screen to her left and sees herself and decides to put her hair on her shoulder 'cause she didn't like what she saw That's too funny. And obviously it's lipped after 3:05. No one can compare with the one and only Annie Lennox on the AMA this year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJlNqmcRfU I wish Celine would make a performance like that on the Grammy. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Say What? Posted November 25, 2008 at 06:08 AM Posted November 25, 2008 at 06:08 AM Those are obviously major. Montreal World, Venice, San Sebastian are as major. Sundance is the only one that you've named that's not accredited by the FIAPF, and not considered as an A-fest. There are over 2,000 film festivals worldwide and several more thousand showcases. Sundance is a large independent film festivals in the world and a major launching pad, but still has a smaller audience than Seattle's and Palm Spring Int'l's. And New York Film Festival, curated by the Film Society of Lincoln Center, although has a slate of a few feature films, is considered among the top 5 most important in the US, along with the San Francisco Int'l, the Telluride, the Tribeca. The Int'l Latino of SF-Bay Area, although a niche festival, is one of the top five in the US (if not in the top three) for its showcase films from Latin America, Latin Europe, and Latinos in the United States.Oh I wasn't looking at film festivals' attendance but rather where independent films stand a better chance at getting a distribution deal. Those are the ones I would call major. The others are a great way of getting recognition, getting remembered and building a career. Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted November 25, 2008 at 06:33 AM Posted November 25, 2008 at 06:33 AM (edited) why did she sing everything but the why's? the why's are the best part of the song <_< it's like eating a hamburger without the patty don't tell me, it's another way of being soulful right? along with other such "soulful" methods as dragging a 3 minute song to 10 minutes with extra runs. or having a seizure-like fit like mary j. blige =/ i like annie though Edited November 25, 2008 at 06:37 AM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
JP Posted November 25, 2008 at 07:22 AM Posted November 25, 2008 at 07:22 AM Yeah, Annie Lennox made me cry yesterday! All the emotions she puts, feels like she wrote that song last week! Her voice, there's no word to describe it.. It's just so deep, so intense!I'm a huge fan of her, as an human being, as a songwriter and as a singer! Totally deserve it! Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.