CellyDee87 Posted October 25, 2008 at 01:50 AM Posted October 25, 2008 at 01:50 AM (edited) Dion, Foo Fighters set for Grammy concertPublished: Oct. 23, 2008 at 4:47 PM LOS ANGELES, Oct. 23 (UPI) -- Celine Dion, Foo Fighters, B.B. King, John Mayer and Taylor Swift have agreed to perform on the upcoming Grammy Award nominations special, CBS announced. "The Grammy Nominations Concert Live! -- Countdown to Music's Biggest Night" is a one-hour special to be broadcast live Dec. 3 on the CBS Television Network from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. In addition to announcing nominations in at least six categories and featuring performances by past Grammy winners and nominees, the event will also celebrate the grand opening of The Grammy Museum. The special marks the first time nominations the Grammy Awards will be announced live on prime-time television. Additional performers and presenters will be announced shortly, the network said. The 51st annual Grammy Awards are to be handed out Feb. 8. That event will also be broadcast live on CBS.© 2008 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. http://photos.upi.com/story/t/8909db2921117fe1df76d26d83c0f893/Dion_Foo_Fighters_set_for_Grammy_concert.jpg http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2008...99041224794868/ I'm so excited I hope she is the performer doing the hour following the special that would just be Edited October 25, 2008 at 01:51 AM by Denelle Quote
whineupemily Posted October 25, 2008 at 01:58 AM Posted October 25, 2008 at 01:58 AM (edited) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:I hope she is nominated!Ehh .. i bet you Celine and Miley will meet .. :sick: Edited October 25, 2008 at 01:59 AM by whineupemily Quote
luciusbright Posted October 25, 2008 at 08:45 AM Posted October 25, 2008 at 08:45 AM I hope she could perform song of the TC album, any track is ok~~~~~~~ Quote S'il suffisait d'aimer...
Prince Whiskers Posted October 25, 2008 at 10:28 AM Posted October 25, 2008 at 10:28 AM Céline should be jamming with John Mayer....She looks a bit like Jennifer Aniston so... Are you suggesting something else? Is Celion's body a wonderland? Explain!! Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
rodrigo_alka Posted October 25, 2008 at 01:39 PM Posted October 25, 2008 at 01:39 PM i was thinking maybe celine isn't singing only one song..... maybe she sing 2 or 3 songs because there are not so many performers... Quote http://www.sportsevents.net/events/images/celine_dion.jpg .......I want you to need me........
Xpresso Posted October 25, 2008 at 01:48 PM Posted October 25, 2008 at 01:48 PM More perfomers will be added and announced later on... Quote
Xpresso Posted October 25, 2008 at 01:50 PM Posted October 25, 2008 at 01:50 PM Got tickets, not great but Orchestra T Good for you, but that's a loooooong haul from Australia... Yes but I'm on holidays in the US and already attending Celine's LA show the night before, it cam at an opportune time Oh I see, lucky timing!! Enjoy!! Quote
Chellbie Posted October 25, 2008 at 03:25 PM Posted October 25, 2008 at 03:25 PM Got tickets, not great but Orchestra T Good for you, but that's a loooooong haul from Australia... Yes but I'm on holidays in the US and already attending Celine's LA show the night before, it cam at an opportune time Oh I see, lucky timing!! Enjoy!! wOw THAT IS LUCKY TIMING- how much were those tickets going for?! thats sooooo cool for you denelle Quote Thankful for these moments with Celine...Friday, July 23rd, 2005 - Las Vegas NVTuesday, January 13th, 2009- Nashville TNSaturday, January 17th, 2009 - Atlanta GATuesday, January 20th, 2009 - Raleigh NCFriday, January 23rd,2009 - Miami FLTuesday, February 24th,2009 - Denver COThursday, February 26th,2009 - Omaha NEWednesday, February 3rd, 2010 - Chicago, ILhttp://i42.tinypic.com/293k31j.jpg
CellyDee87 Posted October 26, 2008 at 07:18 AM Posted October 26, 2008 at 07:18 AM I think they were about $270 each but once the transfer to AUD takes place I assume they'll be quite expensive well over the $350 mark Oh well, once in a lifetime experience I say, you don't do it everyday Quote
nano Posted October 26, 2008 at 11:32 AM Posted October 26, 2008 at 11:32 AM Celine to Perform at the Grammy Nominations Concert!October 26 , 2008 Celine is scheduled to perform at the upcoming "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! - Countdown To Music's Biggest Night" event on December 3! This one-hour concert will be broadcast live from the NOKIA Theatre in Los Angeles on the CBS Television Network beginning at 9:00 p.m. (ET). The event will also celebrate the grand opening of the GRAMMY Museum in Los Angeles. Tickets for this concert will be going on sale to the general public on October 27 at 10:00 a.m. (PST) through Ticketmaster with all proceeds benefiting the museum.celinedion.com Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
CellyDee87 Posted October 26, 2008 at 11:50 AM Posted October 26, 2008 at 11:50 AM OMG thank you TeamCeline for the speedy speedy news! Meanwhile the rest of us have known about it for days I've even booked tickets from Australia and now they decide to share the news Quote
Chellbie Posted October 26, 2008 at 06:06 PM Posted October 26, 2008 at 06:06 PM I think they were about $270 each but once the transfer to AUD takes place I assume they'll be quite expensive well over the $350 mark Oh well, once in a lifetime experience I say, you don't do it everyday YES MA'AM you are RIGHT!!! I'm so happy that you get to experience that!!!! =) Quote Thankful for these moments with Celine...Friday, July 23rd, 2005 - Las Vegas NVTuesday, January 13th, 2009- Nashville TNSaturday, January 17th, 2009 - Atlanta GATuesday, January 20th, 2009 - Raleigh NCFriday, January 23rd,2009 - Miami FLTuesday, February 24th,2009 - Denver COThursday, February 26th,2009 - Omaha NEWednesday, February 3rd, 2010 - Chicago, ILhttp://i42.tinypic.com/293k31j.jpg
iloveceline22 Posted October 28, 2008 at 12:43 AM Posted October 28, 2008 at 12:43 AM omggg i canttt waittttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!35 dayss till i seee celine two days in a roww!!!! december 2 concertand december 3 grammy concert!!! i have been waiting forever to see my idol my everything! and now she will be in my home town!! ahhhh!!!!yeyyyyyyyyy!!!!! i love ya celineee!!!!!!! been a fanatic since i was 7 and no autograph yet!!! does anyone know where she will b stayin...beverly hilton? the standard? four seasons? hopefully i can show up when shes leavin the hotel to meet her ( my ultimate dream) or get an autograph somehow dedicated to me!!! o gosh i cant waittt!!!! ill post pictures up!!! Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
CellyDee87 Posted October 28, 2008 at 06:28 AM Posted October 28, 2008 at 06:28 AM omggg i canttt waittttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!35 dayss till i seee celine two days in a roww!!!! december 2 concertand december 3 grammy concert!!! Me too! So excited can't wait! I think she'll be staying at the Hotel Bel-Air Quote
iloveceline22 Posted October 28, 2008 at 06:47 AM Posted October 28, 2008 at 06:47 AM omggg i canttt waittttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!35 dayss till i seee celine two days in a roww!!!! december 2 concertand december 3 grammy concert!!! Me too! So excited can't wait! I think she'll be staying at the Hotel Bel-Air ohh cool thanksss!! ima b checkin around to see which hotel she stays at lol..i really want an autograph!!! Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
Love, Posted November 18, 2008 at 08:57 AM Posted November 18, 2008 at 08:57 AM Mariah will be at the concert too... More Nominee TV Special Details AnnouncedNovember 17, 2008 Mariah Carey to perform, LL Cool J and Taylor Swift to co-host "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!!" GRAMMY.com Five-time GRAMMY winner Mariah Carey is slated to perform at "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown To Music's Biggest Night" on Dec. 3 and two-time GRAMMY winner LL Cool J and 50th GRAMMY nominee Taylor Swift will serve as co-hosts for the one-hour TV special. The special — which will also celebrate the grand opening of the GRAMMY Museum at L.A. Live — will take place at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live, and will be broadcast in HDTV and 5.1 Surround Sound on the CBS Television Network from 9–10 p.m. ET/PT. Previously announced performers include five-time GRAMMY winner Celine Dion, six-time GRAMMY winners the Foo Fighters, 14-time GRAMMY winner B.B. King, five-time GRAMMY winner John Mayer, and Swift. "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown To Music's Biggest Night" will announce nominations in several categories, feature performances by past GRAMMY winners and nominees, and will set the stage for the 51st Annual GRAMMY Awards on Feb. 8, 2009. The special marks the first time nominations for the annual GRAMMY Awards will be announced live on prime-time television. Following the live telecast, guests will experience a one-hour exclusive concert by one of the evening's performers in celebration of the grand opening of the GRAMMY Museum. Tickets are on sale now at all Ticketmaster outlets, via phone at 213.480.3232, or online at www.ticketmaster.com, with proceeds benefiting the GRAMMY Museum. "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! — Countdown To Music's Biggest Night" is produced by AEG Ehrlich Ventures, LLC and John Cossette Productions. John Cossette and Ken Ehrlich are the executive producers. Celine, John, Taylor, Mariah... After all, maybe I should make a trip to LA this December! Quote
celinesounds Posted November 18, 2008 at 09:22 AM Posted November 18, 2008 at 09:22 AM Celine and Mariah is great Quote #FREEJAVITO
Kyle_Jared Posted November 18, 2008 at 12:39 PM Posted November 18, 2008 at 12:39 PM (edited) Cool....I wonder If Celine and Mariah will chat it up before or after the show! This a primetime CBS event it should get a good audience and raise Celine's essential collection on the charts in North America I would actually love to see all the lights dimmed and a spotlight open on Celine as she sits on a elegant sofa with a slim fitting gown as she opens with "My love......." Edited November 18, 2008 at 12:41 PM by Kyle_Jared Quote
Javier_Natalio Posted November 18, 2008 at 03:38 PM Posted November 18, 2008 at 03:38 PM dddd----uuuu-----eeee----ttttt---!!!!!!! Quote
Céline's Blues Posted November 18, 2008 at 03:55 PM Posted November 18, 2008 at 03:55 PM Mariah will blow that Canadian hag out of the water unless... Céline sings Love Can Move Mountains. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Celinefanatic07 Posted November 18, 2008 at 04:48 PM Posted November 18, 2008 at 04:48 PM Thankyou sooo much for the great news! I was actually only going to watch the Grammy's because Coldplay and Aerosmith will be performing, now I have something even better to look forward to! WOO. Quote http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k124/oldies830/mgean_2.jpgDO NOT STEAL MY SIGNATURE"It's hard in a recording studio, because I'm infront of a microphone, I have to imagine all of you and then I'm able to sing the songs for you...Now I'm still infront of a microphone, with all of you right infront of me, to see all of your faces, That's why I still do it!" (wild applause) thankyou for the flowers - Celine after a flower moment 9-22-08
Nikosn17 Posted November 18, 2008 at 06:58 PM Posted November 18, 2008 at 06:58 PM Oh I hope there will be pics of Celine and Mariah together backstage http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4117/grammyconcertyp3.jpg I love how they wrote the legendary singers on the first row. Quote
I Surrender Posted November 18, 2008 at 09:12 PM Posted November 18, 2008 at 09:12 PM (edited) Please no duet. I want to hear Celine sing My Love on this event Edited November 18, 2008 at 09:13 PM by I Surrender Quote http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove-1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Anastacia%20div/defeated.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/suus_73/Celine%20Dion/MyLove1-kopie-1.jpgGoodbye's Are Not Forever, Goodbye's Are Not The End, They Simply Mean I'll Miss You, Till We Meet Again -xxx-[/b]If You Don't Stand For Something, You'll Fall For Anything !!~ Make A Difference, Think Pink ~ --> Click For Free Mammograms <--
idroveallnight Posted November 18, 2008 at 11:02 PM Posted November 18, 2008 at 11:02 PM I don't think she will sing My Love only because she will most likely sing it during the actual Grammy ceremony in February. But then again, I assume that since this event will commence the opening of the Grammy Museum, many of her peers and members of the academy (who will ultimately decide if she wins) will be there and My Love is just about the only song on Taking Chances that could be considered worthy of a Grammy. She could surely sway some votes her way if she sings it to perfection. So maybe she will sing it after all. If not, then she will definitely sing it in February. Depending on whether or not this event will be live, let's just hope that Celine is back to 100% by then, otherwise this will be disastrous (especially with Mariah gawking in the audience). Quote
Shaun Posted November 18, 2008 at 11:07 PM Posted November 18, 2008 at 11:07 PM Let's face it, it will have to "My Love" she performs. Not only is it a song from her (two) most recent albums but it's also meant to be her current US single. I cant see any of the other performers doing songs from years ago. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
CellyDee87 Posted November 19, 2008 at 02:04 AM Posted November 19, 2008 at 02:04 AM I can't believe I have to endure watching Mariah Quote
rhaps Posted November 19, 2008 at 02:34 AM Posted November 19, 2008 at 02:34 AM celine's not listed on the billboard news...why? Quote
iloveceline22 Posted November 19, 2008 at 04:33 AM Posted November 19, 2008 at 04:33 AM omg 15 dayss left!!! ahhhh!!! yessssss!! lolll hope celines feeling better! ..." i was waiting for so longg...""" for this day to comeeee!!! Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
dj4celine Posted November 19, 2008 at 09:51 AM Posted November 19, 2008 at 09:51 AM I can't believe I have to endure watching Mariah You'll enjoy Mariah's performances, Denelle Quote
CellyDee87 Posted November 19, 2008 at 10:16 AM Posted November 19, 2008 at 10:16 AM I can't believe I have to endure watching Mariah You'll enjoy Mariah's performances, Denelle The part I'll enjoy is watching her leave! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.