Ted Posted January 1, 2009 at 07:31 PM Posted January 1, 2009 at 07:31 PM (At Seventeen) Beautiful performance!!!! Quote http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/tedxyz/Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
Claudette Posted January 2, 2009 at 08:14 PM Posted January 2, 2009 at 08:14 PM Thanks for the video! Celine is an angel!!!!! Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Angeleyes Posted January 4, 2009 at 10:03 PM Posted January 4, 2009 at 10:03 PM Thanks for posting this and giving us a chance to see it. This wasn't broadcast in the UK Thanks again. Quote
photog Posted January 12, 2009 at 04:18 AM Posted January 12, 2009 at 04:18 AM That voice is so smooth and clean Quote
reynolds Posted January 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM Posted January 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM hi guys don't know if this has been posted yet done a quick search didn't find anything.. http://www.janisian.com/forum/showpost.php...amp;postcount=6 janis ian talking about celine. Quote 2nd & 5th November 2006, Las Vegas2nd & 3rd of may 2008 Manchester.19th of may - 2008 Paris.. 30th of may - 2008 Dublin.20th & 21st June - 2015 Antwerp.2nd & 3rd July - 2015 Paris.20th & 21st June - 2017 London.23rd of July - 2017 Berlin.
fred Posted January 24, 2009 at 12:53 AM Posted January 24, 2009 at 12:53 AM (edited) Even though I haven't heard or taken notice to this song before I found Céline's performance of it I have to say: Wow! What an amazingly wonderful performance this was! One might argue the fact that Céline "the voice" Dion wasted her talent on this low song with no vocal show off parts. But I say that that's where the strenght lies here: she didn't need to scream, yell, belt in order to deliver a soulful performance. Incredibly wonderful. Much resemblance to her performance of Something. I can have it on repeat for an hour and still enjoy it as much. This is a welcome genre move for her in my opinion. The horrible screaming a la This Is A Man's World makes me cringe, but At Seventeen lifts me above the clouds and makes me swim along in euforia there for a while. At Seventeen may come across as too cynical compared to the usual I-love-you-oh-so-much-I-cannot-live-without-your-touch type of songs, but the contrast is VERY welcome. It somehow resembles to Both Sides Now (Joni Mitchel) which I cannot wait to hear Céline sing someday btw, even though that song is far more cynical than At Seventeen, but it shows a matured depth which I think Céline is very ready to express. /fred Edited January 24, 2009 at 01:01 AM by fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Lymon Posted January 24, 2009 at 01:35 AM Posted January 24, 2009 at 01:35 AM Even though I haven't heard or taken notice to this song before I found Céline's performance of it I have to say: Wow! What an amazingly wonderful performance this was! One might argue the fact that Céline "the voice" Dion wasted her talent on this low song with no vocal show off parts. But I say that that's where the strenght lies here: she didn't need to scream, yell, belt in order to deliver a soulful performance. Incredibly wonderful. Much resemblance to her performance of Something. I can have it on repeat for an hour and still enjoy it as much. This is a welcome genre move for her in my opinion. The horrible screaming a la This Is A Man's World makes me cringe, but At Seventeen lifts me above the clouds and makes me swim along in euforia there for a while. At Seventeen may come across as too cynical compared to the usual I-love-you-oh-so-much-I-cannot-live-without-your-touch type of songs, but the contrast is VERY welcome. It somehow resembles to Both Sides Now (Joni Mitchel) which I cannot wait to hear Céline sing someday btw, even though that song is far more cynical than At Seventeen, but it shows a matured depth which I think Céline is very ready to express. /fred I agree with you about all of that, though I do love It's a Man's Man's Man's World. If Celine did an acoustic album/tour, I would be incredibly happy. I love hearing her sing simple songs with a lot of depth. When she does stuff like this, it's up to the depth and simplicity of her French work. She doesn't need to do all of the boring 90's hits with the useless notes to prove herself. I'm happy with her singing beautiful songs like this. Quote http://i51.tinypic.com/2uf4r5f.png
Black Kitten Posted January 24, 2009 at 02:28 AM Posted January 24, 2009 at 02:28 AM if she can't please her bashers, i think she can put them in a silent mode if she records a low key album. an entire mellow/easy listening album. (not a-la Miracle) Quote
Thomas Posted March 14, 2009 at 05:14 PM Posted March 14, 2009 at 05:14 PM Janis Ian (who wrote At Seventeen) and her friends meets Celine backstage at the Nashville show: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8977/2008021308janiscelinedi.th.jpg Quote
CelineFanInSoCal Posted March 14, 2009 at 05:19 PM Posted March 14, 2009 at 05:19 PM Janis Ian (who wrote At Seventeen) and her friends meets Celine backstage at the Nashville show: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8977/2008021308janiscelinedi.th.jpg Thanks for sharing! Gorgeous, Celine! Quote
Koolan Posted March 14, 2009 at 05:53 PM Posted March 14, 2009 at 05:53 PM Janis Ian (who wrote At Seventeen) and her friends meets Celine backstage at the Nashville show: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8977/2008021308janiscelinedi.th.jpgHow beautiful. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Dion1st Posted March 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM Posted March 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM Janis Ian (who wrote At Seventeen) and her friends meets Celine backstage at the Nashville show: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8977/2008021308janiscelinedi.th.jpgThomas, Thank you so much for posting this picture! So great that Janice Ian attended Celine's concert! From a visual perspective, it makes Celine, the song "At Seventeen", and Janice Ian come full circle for me. Beautiful! Toni Quote “The problem I have with haters is that they see my glory, but they don't know my story...” ― Maya Angelou ..."There's no such thing about getting old. Eventually, at one point, we get very EXPENSIVE, and we can call ourself, VINTAGE" ......Celine Dion "CERTIFIED FREAKING PROUD CELINE FAN"
Charles Posted March 14, 2009 at 11:28 PM Posted March 14, 2009 at 11:28 PM i actually wondered if Janis would ever meet or comment about Celine after Celine sang her song. And wow, they actually met! Quote
SensationalCeline Posted March 15, 2009 at 12:34 AM Posted March 15, 2009 at 12:34 AM I accidentally recorded over this performance last week.....I cried!!!!!!! Quote http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg280/spoiledrottenbrat4063/Celine%20Dion/CELINESIGGY.jpg
Belle Céline Posted December 3, 2009 at 06:12 PM Posted December 3, 2009 at 06:12 PM I love the song but the lyrics are a bit hard to understand when she's singing. I had to look them up several times. Quote “There’s nothing I love more than the romance of a night in the theater.”http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0due.png
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.