VinnyT. Posted December 4, 2008 at 09:56 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 09:56 PM Come on mariah cant sing anymore it's not a matter of taste! her voice is gone!as I said, I didnt know Taylor Swift so I dont "hate" her and I can say she sounds so bad! Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
tahitiCELINEfan Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:01 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:01 PM here's a little footage of celine from last night! sorry, was moving a lot! was trying to hide the camera! LOL TAKE CARE !!! Quote MY TAKING CHANCES TOUR:202 concert dates, and counting!A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES AND WONDERFUL FRIENDSHIPSMISS YOU CELINE!
Nikosn17 Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:04 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:04 PM (edited) Ok since there people (even non-Mariah fans as we can see) that like her performance that may mean that it's actually not that terrible. Let's just leave that way and stop arguing over her performance. Some like it some not, end of story. Peace Edited December 4, 2008 at 10:05 PM by Nikosn17 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:11 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:11 PM (edited) She has got a very strong voice! I totally respect that you are free to your own opinion but :o :o :o :o I mean I own mariah albums and have been accused of being a lamb. but her voice was squeaked out last night. she looked hot..but that was it. Edited December 4, 2008 at 10:12 PM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
Nikosn17 Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:11 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:11 PM duuh at how big some people feel in a message board while thinking they have the biggest sense of humour. Quote
VinnyT. Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:13 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:13 PM :o :o :o :o I love this emoticon Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
ZoraSourit Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:17 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:17 PM IMO, Mariah's performance was dreadful. There wasn't a note on place, completely off. And her look was questionable to say the least, in my opinion. But yet again, this is a Céline forum, couldn't care less about Mariah's performance. Céline looked good, and did a fantastic job with that song. Quote http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/zorasourit/2.jpgAntwerp ~ Paris ~ Dublin ~ Amsterdam ~ Berlim ~ Milan ~ ArrasSome people need no slogans or presentations. And that was a wrap, folks!
kaitlyn Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:18 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:18 PM hey hi everyone how are you all Quote
anna Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:20 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:20 PM (edited) hey hi everyone how are you all hello Edited December 4, 2008 at 10:23 PM by anna Quote
destin139 Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:21 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:21 PM thanks for the HQ pics Thomas - she looks fab! cant wait to hear her sing - the lyrics of the song are so powerful and beautiful. Quote http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
Snowhite Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:23 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:23 PM She has got a very strong voice! I totally respect that you are free to your own opinion but yes exactly my opinion.thank you for understanting Quote
Teodora Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:37 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:37 PM Thank you so much Thomas! She looks unbelievable! Quote
artistman2007 Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:41 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:41 PM love her song and her look and her hair and her elegent way no goofy things lol and its time to rest her voice a litle bit ,but i want to see her anouncing the nominees any one have it please? Quote
Krys Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:56 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 10:56 PM It was never gonna be a performance that would knock us of our chairs and it was nice for what it was. I think all performers who sing a song like this risk crossing the line from restrained to boring and I think Celine was probably right on the edge. I think this even more so for someone like Celine where big gestures and big vocals are her trademark. That is the Celine we're used to so stripping it all away is obviously gonna alienate some people. I think the fact I love Celine and love hearing her do new things was enough to keep me entertained but I think most people would have found it pretty forgettable. Pretty enough, but nothing to scream and shout about. well said Thomas! Quote
Thecolourofmylove Posted December 4, 2008 at 11:11 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 11:11 PM Did someone capture the video in HQ?? I've been spoiled by the forum for so long with the HQ videos, I'm dying for this one!! Quote Bryan Beavers | Create Your Badgehttp://badge.facebook.com/badge/577905483.228.1040373769.pnghttp://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/nafnoid23/Untitled-2.jpg
celine_rox Posted December 4, 2008 at 11:15 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 11:15 PM PRICELESS!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Quote
JP Posted December 4, 2008 at 11:29 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 11:29 PM Did someone capture the video in HQ?? I've been spoiled by the forum for so long with the HQ videos, I'm dying for this one!!Yes, in HD. I uploaded it this morning so should be available pretty soon! Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
ladyt Posted December 4, 2008 at 11:33 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 11:33 PM OK GUYZ...I NEVER, EVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THESE WORDS EVER IN MY LIFETIME..BUT HERE GOES...I HATED CELINE'S PERFORMANCE ON THE LIVE GRAMMY CONCERT !! MAYBE BECAUSE THE SONG WAS SO DAM DEPPRESSING !!! OMG...I WAS SOOO EXCITED & LOOKING 4WARD TO SEEING HER AGAIN ON LIVE T.V BUT BOY WS I DISAPOINTED!! I WAS EXPECTING HER TO SING " MY LOVE "...LITTLE DID I KNOW SHE WAS PAYING TRIBUTE TO SOMEONE I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF ! LOL..ANYWAY, I GUESS IT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN SOME DAY..BUT I CAN DEFINITELY SAY THAT ALTHOUGH THE SONG WAS REALLY SAD..SHE LOOKED & SOUNDED AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING !!!!!! OF COURSE !!!! I STILL LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV U CELINE !!!!!! Quote
JP Posted December 5, 2008 at 12:09 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 12:09 AM Dance VersionI first knew the song by a group called DHT, here's their version! At Seventeen - DHT Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Nmj Posted December 5, 2008 at 12:11 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 12:11 AM I like the Ballad better. Quote
autumnskies00 Posted December 5, 2008 at 12:31 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 12:31 AM I don't like Mariah Carey, flat out. But I would be honest if I thought she did a good job. Last night, you could even see it in her face, that she wasn't at her best...but I've seen worse. I think she does need to start dressing her own age though. Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 5, 2008 at 12:48 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 12:48 AM she looked hot. she's only 38. celine's worn more revealing clothes.. Quote
Love, Posted December 5, 2008 at 12:58 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 12:58 AM I don't like Mariah Carey, flat out. But I would be honest if I thought she did a good job. Last night, you could even see it in her face, that she wasn't at her best...but I've seen worse. I think she does need to start dressing her own age though. That's highly subjective... Quote
autumnskies00 Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:07 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:07 AM (edited) ha, you know what nevermind. Edited December 5, 2008 at 01:13 AM by autumnskies00 Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
deelicious07 Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:25 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:25 AM I don't like Mariah Carey, flat out. But I would be honest if I thought she did a good job. Last night, you could even see it in her face, that she wasn't at her best...but I've seen worse. I think she does need to start dressing her own age though. I agree with you 100%. Nevermind what the others have to say. Quote
Thecolourofmylove Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:25 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:25 AM Did someone capture the video in HQ?? I've been spoiled by the forum for so long with the HQ videos, I'm dying for this one!!Yes, in HD. I uploaded it this morning so should be available pretty soon! Thank you!! I can't wait!! Did you get Jay Leno too?? :clap: Quote Bryan Beavers | Create Your Badgehttp://badge.facebook.com/badge/577905483.228.1040373769.pnghttp://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/nafnoid23/Untitled-2.jpg
celine_rox Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:26 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:26 AM (edited) the ballad is betterit sets a tonemaking it much more meaningful Edited December 5, 2008 at 01:27 AM by celine_rox Quote
cathfan Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:39 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:39 AM She looked absolutely beautiful. I love the big hair. Quote "remember the name, because you'll never forget the voice"
JP Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:41 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 01:41 AM (edited) Did someone capture the video in HQ?? I've been spoiled by the forum for so long with the HQ videos, I'm dying for this one!!Yes, in HD. I uploaded it this morning so should be available pretty soon! Thank you!! I can't wait!! Did you get Jay Leno too?? :clap:I didn't My recording stop just before the note, because the rest was in the Late Late Show case.. I guess Koolan got it Edited December 5, 2008 at 01:41 AM by JP Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Lou555 Posted December 5, 2008 at 03:49 AM Posted December 5, 2008 at 03:49 AM Dance VersionI first knew the song by a group called DHT, here's their version! <object width="300" height="110"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/m/qh5fXm4vqV/aus=false/"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/m/qh5fXm4vqV/aus=false/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="110" wmode="transparent"></embed>At Seventeen - DHT</object> I remember Ian's original version was a huge hit (it apparently sold 1 million units in U.S.A. alone in the 70's) and it was a big hit in english here in Québec also at the time. Over the years it was covered a lot and this song became a big hit in French too. It was translated in french for "À dix-sept ans" and many many people sang it. I was told French singer Claude François did it in 1975 in France. Personnally I know of Marie-Denise Pelletier in Québec who covered that song in french too in the 80's I think it was. So I knew this song very well and have always liked it a lot. Again for me Céline's rendition was brilliant. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.