Davey84 Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:41 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:41 PM Overall I must say not everybody will get Céline. Especialy if they don't understand why she chose this song. Only few REALLY seem to appreciate the magic she was on this very night. It was one of the best performances in her career and of course the best of the night. One thing's for sure, she can never do right! I don't need anyone telling me céline is the best... ever Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
CelineRox Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:46 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:46 PM Overall I must say not everybody will get Céline. Especialy if they don't understand why she chose this song. Only few REALLY seem to appreciate the magic she was on this very night. It was one of the best performances in her career and of course the best of the night. So why did she choose this song? And no, this does not mean that I don't 'get her' Quote http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm31/celinedion82/Emilylove-signature-1.jpg
Esty Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:46 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:46 PM The performance was brilliant! No pyrotehnics just Celine's magnificent voice! By the way can someone please upload the HQ mp3 again, because it can't be downloaded from Rapidshare anymore... Quote
Davey84 Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:47 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:47 PM Overall I must say not everybody will get Céline. Especialy if they don't understand why she chose this song. Only few REALLY seem to appreciate the magic she was on this very night. It was one of the best performances in her career and of course the best of the night. So why did she choose this song? And no, this does not mean that I don't 'get her' haven't you seen pix of a young Céline, she was always the ugly duckling, and called many ugly names... this song suits her perfectly! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Love, Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:48 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:48 PM Overall I must say not everybody will get Céline. Especialy if they don't understand why she chose this song. Only few REALLY seem to appreciate the magic she was on this very night. It was one of the best performances in her career and of course the best of the night. So why did she choose this song?And no, this does not mean that I don't 'get her' Call 1-800-CELINE-DION Quote
CelineRox Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:50 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:50 PM (edited) Overall I must say not everybody will get Céline. Especialy if they don't understand why she chose this song. Only few REALLY seem to appreciate the magic she was on this very night. It was one of the best performances in her career and of course the best of the night. So why did she choose this song?And no, this does not mean that I don't 'get her' Call 1-800-CELINE-DION I'm lmao. not And Davey, oh ok like I said, I got so bored with it I wasn't listening to the lyrics Maybe if I knew the song and the lyrics then I would know but I have never heard it before Edited December 4, 2008 at 01:53 PM by CelineRox Quote http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm31/celinedion82/Emilylove-signature-1.jpg
Céline's Blues Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:52 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:52 PM Overall I must say not everybody will get Céline. Especialy if they don't understand why she chose this song. Only few REALLY seem to appreciate the magic she was on this very night. It was one of the best performances in her career and of course the best of the night. So why did she choose this song? And no, this does not mean that I don't 'get her' She chose the song cuzz it represents her inner self. She could relate to it more than ANY PERFORMER that sang on this very night. That alone qualifies her as the best thing out there as some ppl (non-fans) noticed as well. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
Love, Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:52 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:52 PM (edited) Here's the answer: It was requested by The Recording Academy to select a song from their Hall of Fame, and like what Davey and Seb said. Edited December 4, 2008 at 01:53 PM by Love, Quote
Scorpian Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:54 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:54 PM me too i love this performance Quote http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn53/sscorpian/celinedion.png Taking Chances World Tour 14.06.2008: Frankfurt (Germany) *** My YouTube Channel *** *** Last Fm ***
Johana Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:55 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:55 PM she was absolutely amazing Quote http://www.freewebs.com/celinetime/Graphics/Signatures/Angelonearth-sig.jpg
Love, Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:57 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:57 PM (edited) LOL! Soph beat you to it Seb.. Terra Música La nominación a los premios Grammy comenzó con presentaciones en vivo de Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey y Celine Dion, quienes cantaron temas clásicos. http://www.terra.com/ocio/articulo/html/oci477525.htm Edited December 4, 2008 at 01:57 PM by Love, Quote
maceta_biloxi Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:58 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 01:58 PM I think Celine was just amazing, she sang a beautiful song and even announced a category. FLAWLESS. Mariah was a last minute performance, she wasn't announced in the TV ads and her voice wasn't sharp. Christina was good but that song didn't showcase her range. Foo Fighters were AWESOME. John & BB were good. I loved Taylor's performance, mostly the song than the performance. Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
Céline's Blues Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:00 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:00 PM Well, I applaud Sofa for going out and researching some news tid bits. Some here are lamenting how ppl outside of this forum hate Céline and that this song isn't the right kind of thing for her yet still they're sitting tight and doing nothing to even try to convince themselves otherwise. Needless to say it's nice to read some positive or slightly negative outer feedback. It's quite welcome. Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
pepillo90 Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:02 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:02 PM It was a really beautiful performance! Maaaybe a bit boring, but it was AWESOME! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg ► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/
CelineRox Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:02 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:02 PM Overall I must say not everybody will get Céline. Especialy if they don't understand why she chose this song. Only few REALLY seem to appreciate the magic she was on this very night. It was one of the best performances in her career and of course the best of the night. So why did she choose this song? And no, this does not mean that I don't 'get her' She chose the song cuzz it represents her inner self. She could relate to it more than ANY PERFORMER that sang on this very night. That alone qualifies her as the best thing out there as some ppl (non-fans) noticed as well. Here's the answer: It was requested by The Recording Academy to select a song from their Hall of Fame, and like what Davey and Seb said. OK now I understand better, and I didn't see anyone ele's performances but then I don't need to because I KNOW she is the best thing out there! Quote http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm31/celinedion82/Emilylove-signature-1.jpg
Costa Santos Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:06 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:06 PM ... Great reviews. Thanks, Sophoan! Quote CELINE, I'M SO PROUD OF LOVING YOU. http://www.celinedion.com/global/images/worldtour/worldtour_sa_5.jpg I was there...: ... May, 20th - Paris, France...... May, 21st - Paris, France...... May, 24th - Paris, France...... May, 25th - Paris, France...... May, 27th - Paris, France...... May, 30th - Dublin, Ireland...... June, 02nd - Amsterdam, Holland...
celinesounds Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:07 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:07 PM the song was amazing, she should record the studio version and do more songs in the same style for an upcoming album Quote #FREEJAVITO
Teodora Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:14 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:14 PM Whooooaaaa! She looked striking! Just when I think she couldn't possibly get anymore beautiful, she does! I love her interpretation of the song. It's not the most exciting of melodies, but it's really nice and Celine did the best possible job, she filled the song with emotion. And the lyrics fit her so well. And me too, that's why I find it touching (well, except the part about never being chosen for basketball, I was doing the calling, I was very good at sports ) I just can't get over how beautiful she was. Thomas, we're counting on you for some amazing HQ Quote
sayyed Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:29 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:29 PM it was a very high quality performance and she looked great. as subtle as Something on the CBS special.... so great. Quote https://soundcloud.com/finnremixes
maceta_biloxi Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:33 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:33 PM Celine Dion - At Seventeen (Grammy Nominations '08) Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
Love, Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:35 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:35 PM (edited) Well, I applaud Sofa for going out and researching some news tid bits. Some here are lamenting how ppl outside of this forum hate Céline and that this song isn't the right kind of thing for her yet still they're sitting tight and doing nothing to even try to convince themselves otherwise. Needless to say it's nice to read some positive or slightly negative outer feedback. It's quite welcome.Thanks, bud. It's no big deal. It was just 10 minutes of Google skimming. I'm glad that you and I - we see the big picture. P.S. Next, I want to see the backstage photos of Celine and Mariah greeting each other with kisses on each cheek. Edited December 4, 2008 at 02:38 PM by Love, Quote
CelineRox Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:42 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:42 PM By the way I just want to say, I was never being negative, she looked and sounded AMAZING, I just wasn't a huge fan of the song - I've never even heard it before Quote http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm31/celinedion82/Emilylove-signature-1.jpg
peo Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:43 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:43 PM Is the song available for download? Quote http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Astrid_07/DSCF4582.jpg There ain't a dream that don't have the chance to come true now, it just takes a little faith baby... Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow you: http://twitter.com/RainbowishABE
peo Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:46 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:46 PM Forget it, already have it! Quote http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/Astrid_07/DSCF4582.jpg There ain't a dream that don't have the chance to come true now, it just takes a little faith baby... Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow you: http://twitter.com/RainbowishABE
Teodora Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:47 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:47 PM P.S. Next, I want to see the backstage photos of Celine and Mariah greeting each other with kisses on each cheek. [/color] I just imagined that. Quote
CSCfan Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:59 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 02:59 PM Kathy Griffin was also there Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Bellamy Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:12 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:12 PM Why her French accent was so heavy when she announced the nominees? Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
celinedream Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:14 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:14 PM P.S. Next, I want to see the backstage photos of Celine and Mariah greeting each other with kisses on each cheek. or maybe Celine spotting Ne-Yo backstage and saying to him "hey man what's wrooooooong with u" Quote An angel was looking through,It was you,Yeah you...it'sYou are the REASON.
Davey84 Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:15 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:15 PM a little dutch note; 2 dutch artists are nominated for a Grammy!Junkie XL in the category 'Best Remix'. for '4 Minutes' van Madonna (feat. Justin Timberlake). and Trijntje Oosterhuis for Alfie, from the cd The Look of Love (Burt Bacharach and the Metropole Orkest) in the category 'Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s)' Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
anewdayhascome Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:40 PM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:40 PM I can understand everything but she should have been nominated for A new day...No one deserves it more and the sales of it show how people love it! As for the performance, it's nice and light song. For me it was sth like Celine came on stage sat and sang just as she was to be sitting in her kitchen and sing something for herself.... I hate Grammies more and more because they really don't show the right people and I don't think only about Celine.... Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.