autumnskies00 Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:19 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:19 AM Oo, I kinda of like this song now that I'm re-listening and hearing the lyrics. Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:23 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:23 AM (edited) OK I JUST SAW IT I THINK I'M GOING TO CRY IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL I know that my love would have also been good and showed off her voice more but...omg this performance lacked any of the nasality or weirdness that would've come with the usual my love performances she was SO amazing my parents were watching and commented on how BEAUTIFUL SHE LOOKED and they usually are very judgmental about celine's looks she was so elegant and beautiful and her voice sounded like the original singer's O_O celine is like that...an imitator kind of. it's strange. when she sang with the bee gees she beegeeized her voice, and etc. etc. it was so lovely and one of my favorite celine moments EVER. OMFG <3 OMFG SO HAPPY SO WAITING FOR THE YOUTUBE VIDEO when she was singing "ugly duckling girls like me" OMFG *crieS* Idies* I LOVE YOU CELINE YOU CAN DO NO WRONG OMG DIES DIES DIES NO NOTABLE NASALITY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Edited December 4, 2008 at 04:23 AM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:27 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:27 AM http://blogs.suntimes.com/derogatis/2008/1...ons_announ.htmlthis review claims that ceilne "blustered through" the song. HOW f****ing retarded blustered means "To blow in loud, violent gusts, as the wind during a storm." (online dictionary) is this reviewer MENTALLY RETARDED?!!? that was only the most SUBDUED PERFORMANCE OF ALL TIMe. BLUSTERED!?!? F****** YOU. celine can do no good in these ppl's eyes. PATHETIC. Quote
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:37 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:37 AM Those idiots.More people to push of that bridge Quote
celine_rox Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:42 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:42 AM she looks HOTlove that outfitso stylish, so modern yaeh Quote
Bellamy Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:45 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:45 AM Who cares about blog from a nobody. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
idroveallnight Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:50 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:50 AM Who cares about blog from a nobody. This guy said something bad about every performance. The Vegas-glitzy Celine Dion blustered through Janis Ian's nakedly soulful "At Seventeen"; the self-obsessed Foo Fighters demolished Carly Simon's "You're So Vain;" the young country ingénue Taylor Swift added nothing to Brenda Lee's "I'm Sorry" and Christina Aguilera hammed it up through "I Loves You Porgy" from "Porgy and Bess." Quote
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:51 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:51 AM All black is gorgeous on her! Quote
stevethefan Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:53 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:53 AM Who cares about blog from a nobody. This guy said something bad about every performance. The Vegas-glitzy Celine Dion blustered through Janis Ian's nakedly soulful "At Seventeen"; the self-obsessed Foo Fighters demolished Carly Simon's "You're So Vain;" the young country ingénue Taylor Swift added nothing to Brenda Lee's "I'm Sorry" and Christina Aguilera hammed it up through "I Loves You Porgy" from "Porgy and Bess." At least he was consistent! Quote
Bellamy Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:56 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 04:56 AM Who cares about blog from a nobody. This guy said something bad about every performance. The Vegas-glitzy Celine Dion blustered through Janis Ian's nakedly soulful "At Seventeen"; the self-obsessed Foo Fighters demolished Carly Simon's "You're So Vain;" the young country ingénue Taylor Swift added nothing to Brenda Lee's "I'm Sorry" and Christina Aguilera hammed it up through "I Loves You Porgy" from "Porgy and Bess."He didn't even mention Mariah. I wonder why. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
anna Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:02 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:02 AM because she was a disaster Quote
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:06 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:06 AM Her stepping foot on that stage was a disaster .. Quote
stevethefan Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:08 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:08 AM Did you really think Mariah was that bad? Quote
Allie Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:09 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:09 AM it's FINALLY on for me...and this is weird, last night I was walking around that area and saw the Grammy Museum and had NO idea what it was (fail, I know) but it's just odd seeing that. Like, a picture I took last night:http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/th_1202082006.jpg she should be on soon...I am SO excited Quote
anna Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:11 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:11 AM no, her face was a disaster anyway this was the only link i could find on youtube with Celine @ the nom. concertshe's annoucing albumn of the year noms. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaqSBLfrwGE Quote
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:11 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:11 AM Haha aw Allie It is excitingggg! Quote
Celinenvegas Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:17 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:17 AM I thought Celine sounded and looked fabulous! I do wish she had done RDMH though but most of the performances were a bit subtle, not all though. I didn't love Mariah, she sounded a bit off. I'm so disappointed Celine didn't get a nod for the AND dvd, I thought for sure she'd get one. I wonder if she will attend the show in Feb now, maybe she'll be just a presenter. Quote ~J O E Y~
celine_rox Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:23 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:23 AM mariah WAS BADwatching celines performance on tv was better than just listening to the mp3 alonewhat made me laugh was when she said lil' wayne lol Quote
CSCfan Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:28 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:28 AM WOW!! Such a beautiful rendention.... :wub: I still don't understand why those 2 sites mentioned she performed a medley of "At 17" and "My Love"....Can anyone who went to the show confirm this? Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
Nikosn17 Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:41 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:41 AM I just woke up, I still haven't seen the performances but I have one thing to say: f*** THE GRAMMIES. They are the most retarded award show ever. Now I feel happier. Quote
stevethefan Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:43 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:43 AM The only thing I still like about the Grammy's is the actual award itself. It looks cool. Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:46 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:46 AM (edited) I liked the grammys back in the 90's. I loved the fact that celine's falling into you album had an "album of the year" sticker on it. and mariah wasn't THAT bad but she was still pretty bad. sounded extremely strained. the only thing good about mariah's performance was that she looked SEXY. very nice im surprised the performance isnt on youtube yet Edited December 4, 2008 at 05:47 AM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
samart Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:53 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:53 AM Didn't really like the song. The melody seemed way too easy and kind of weird, the same notes repeat again and again... I liked Celine's performance of it, though. Very touching and tender. She should've pressed a LITTLE bit more around 3.30, in my opinion, so that there would be SOME development(thanks for the mp3, btw). Anyway, "nice" would perfectly describe her performance and appearance on the show, but I wanted it to be "WOW"... Quote
Salla Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:56 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:56 AM She looked absolutely FANTASTIC!! The jacket, the leather pants, the heals and all black! I loved that song the first time I heard it, but I'm TOTALLY in love with Céline's version! Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:58 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 05:58 AM to be honest as beautiful as the song is and although it's supposedly a classic, like many of the commenters on the youtube video of the original - the first time I heard this song was actually on the simpsons HAHAH Quote
Celineforeveranangel Posted December 4, 2008 at 06:01 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 06:01 AM Im truly saddened that Celine didnt get nominated!!!! I really was hoping for her as Celine really deserves it. However Celine has still sold more albums than anyone nominated so there!!!! Quote http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/Celineforeveranangel/6673.jpgI love Celine!!!!!!!!!!
CelineTheBest5 Posted December 4, 2008 at 06:15 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 06:15 AM I loooooooooooooooved Celine performance, I cant wait to see the video! Quote https://www.facebook...linedionbrazil/
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 4, 2008 at 06:15 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 06:15 AM (edited) sorry for posting so much in this topic. im just so GAH having an scf moment someone please upload it on youtube. I want to see the views explode and hear the comments from non fans about how gloriously subdued she was two good reviews for celine's performance so far: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8120400024.html Twiggy Quebecoise diva Celine Dion sang a plaintive, pretty version of Janis Ian's "At Seventeen" and somehow managed to refrain from launching into a vocal flyover of her own. http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/20...itish_invasion/ Celine Dion and Christina Aguilera were particulary impressive, dialing the diva down several notches on Janis Ian's heartbreaker "At Seventeen" and Gershwin's "I Love You Porgy," respectively. Edited December 4, 2008 at 06:19 AM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
nano Posted December 4, 2008 at 06:26 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 06:26 AM OMG!! I love Janis, I have a few of her albums and can't wait to hear Celine's version... *downloadin downloading* Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 4, 2008 at 06:33 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 06:33 AM ugh. inevitably come the reviews that call her performance boring. when it was just being true to the original~ http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/200...ERTAIN-81203055 http://news.bostonherald.com/entertainment...position=recent can't' please everyone. whatev, I lurved it <3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.