VintageCeline Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:08 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:08 AM I think we should boycott the Grammys!!!! Shame on them. x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
Lou555 Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:08 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:08 AM No nominations. That makes me sick! Thanks Vic! Quote
stevethefan Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:08 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:08 AM God damn it! Why does Grammy ignore Celine? Because she did not pay them off with enough money like the others. I'M KIDDING! Quote
JP Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:08 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:08 AM I really loved her performance!! I was a huge fan of this song since like 3-4 years, by a group called DHT!She also looked sooo gorgeous, but i miss dresses! Also, i'm sad she didn't get even a little tiny nominations Quote http://static-illicoweb.videotron.com/illicoweb/static/webtv/images/content/player/TVA_Celine_Dion_Sans_Attendre_Vf_WT_Poster.jpg
Your_Su_Phu Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:09 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:09 AM lil wayne has 8 nominations? WHAT A JOKE. i realize commercial success does play into it, but even at celine's peak she was never loved much by the grammys even if she did win the top award albm of the year for falling into you at least she looks purrty Quote
VintageCeline Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:10 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:10 AM Boooooooooo what a load of rubbish, how do the Grammys work? Who votes for these artists? x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
thesupernova Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:10 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:10 AM ok so i've watched her performance about 7 times now. im watching it again right now. i've been listening to celine since wdmhbn first came out and i'm still amazed at the awesomeness of her voice. and i love her sigh at the end:) Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v700/thesupernova/gifs/celinechez-1.gif
stevethefan Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:10 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:10 AM Another good thing was the show was short, only and hour long, and we did not have to wait until the end to see her performance. Quote
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:12 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:12 AM OOOOH! IF THE JONAS BROTHERS WIN, I'LL JOIN THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY JUMPING OFF THAT BRIDGE!That makes four of us! Shall we take Celine with us? Quote
VintageCeline Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:12 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:12 AM Woah, 101 users reading this topic! And Celine didn't even get nominated. At least she was there though, and we get to see her perform something new x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
kwright Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:12 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:12 AM OOOOH! IF THE JONAS BROTHERS WIN, I'LL JOIN THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY JUMPING OFF THAT BRIDGE!That makes four of us! Shall we take Celine with us? COUNT ME IN AS WELL! Quote "Let me be the one to love you more..."
bonninpili Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:12 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:12 AM God damn it! Why does Grammy ignore Celine? Celine does not need to be nominated in order that the whole world admits that it is one of better singers who exist in the world. Quote
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:13 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:13 AM ok so i've watched her performance about 7 times now. im watching it again right now. i've been listening to celine since wdmhbn first came out and i'm still amazed at the awesomeness of her voice. and i love her sigh at the end:)My 14th time watching it Quote
autumnskies00 Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:13 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:13 AM wow. what is happening to the music industry? I wouldn't even watch the grammy's at this point if it weren't for Celine's performance on it. She should friggen cancel on them. I don't think Mariah got nominated though ethier. Not that I'm disappointed by that lol. Seriously though, s*** like "Paper Planes" get's nominated and Celine doesn't? That song is all friggen sound effects, not talent at ALL. Quote http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/autumnskies00/siggy1-2.jpg
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:14 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:14 AM OOOOH! IF THE JONAS BROTHERS WIN, I'LL JOIN THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY JUMPING OFF THAT BRIDGE!That makes four of us! Shall we take Celine with us? COUNT ME IN AS WELL!SIX OF USSS! Quote
Kye Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:14 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:14 AM I really loved her performance!! I was a huge fan of this song since like 3-4 years, by a group called DHT!She also looked sooo gorgeous, but i miss dresses! Also, i'm sad she didn't get even a little tiny nominations That's how I knew the song as well! Quote Du Soleil Au Coeur
VintageCeline Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:14 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:14 AM OOOOH! IF THE JONAS BROTHERS WIN, I'LL JOIN THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY JUMPING OFF THAT BRIDGE!That makes four of us! Shall we take Celine with us? LOL, You want Celine to jump off a bridge!! I'd join in, The Jonas Brother are taking over the world!!! x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:15 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:15 AM wow. what is happening to the music industry? I wouldn't even watch the grammy's at this point if it weren't for Celine's performance on it. She should friggen cancel on them. I don't think Mariah got nominated though ethier. Not that I'm disappointed by that lol. Seriously though, s*** like "Paper Planes" get's nominated and Celine doesn't? That song is all friggen sound effects, not talent at ALL.100% true. Quote
stevethefan Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:15 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:15 AM Yeah but Celine has, and will always have something I doubt the Jonas Brothers will ever have... LONGEVITY! Do you really think people will be talking about them in five years (or less!) Quote
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:16 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:16 AM (edited) OOOOH! IF THE JONAS BROTHERS WIN, I'LL JOIN THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY JUMPING OFF THAT BRIDGE!That makes four of us! Shall we take Celine with us? LOL, You want Celine to jump off a bridge!! I'd join in, The Jonas Brother are taking over the world!!! xNo hahahah i dont want her to, but she is an Angel, and Angel's belong in heaven, were after jumping off this bridge, we will be ending upGreat we have SEVEN now :clap: Edited December 4, 2008 at 03:17 AM by whineupemily Quote
idroveallnight Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:16 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:16 AM (edited) There's no hope. There's nothing she can ever do that will get her nominated again. Taking Chances was an absolute perfect album that showcased every part of her vocal abilities and they just snubbed it. Live in Las Vegas, as legendary as it was, wasn't even nominated for long form music video. Well...it's over we can't change anything. I'm glad Coldplay and Ne-yo actually got some nominations though, they're among the few talented acts that actually deserve a Grammy. Other than that, I'm sure Rene is sitting somewhere now and is royally pissed. They did everything they could possibly do with this album and it was still ignored. The sad thing is that Celine always says she doesn't care about winning and yet she expressed some excitement over My Love being nominated. It's like she had a little bit of hope telling her that it's still worth it for her to make music even though she's been duped for the past 8 years. I don't foresee any new English albums for a looooong time. Edited December 4, 2008 at 03:18 AM by idroveallnight Quote
Shesings2me Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:16 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:16 AM ok so i've watched her performance about 7 times now. im watching it again right now. i've been listening to celine since wdmhbn first came out and i'm still amazed at the awesomeness of her voice. and i love her sigh at the end:)My 14th time watching it Where ya watching it for goodness sake?? Quote http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5273/18771156.jpg
Nmj Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:17 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:17 AM Well, Mariah has 0 Nominations, Celine had 0 Nominations, Christina Agularia had 0 Nominations too... The only one that sang and got nominated was John Mayer This sucks Quote
VintageCeline Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:17 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:17 AM Yeah but Celine has, and will always have something I doubt the Jonas Brothers will ever have... LONGEVITY! Do you really think people will be talking about them in five years (or less!) True, Do you really think they would have hundreds of people all over the world commenting on a 4 min performance at the same time? I think not! x Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
linah4 Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:17 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:17 AM Wow, that was amazing. i think Celine really needed that break, she looked gorgeous tonight, and refreshed! Quote http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4452/cdcomp1od2.gif http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8141/tcl4ur1.png
Lou555 Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:18 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:18 AM grammy isnt ignoring her she didnt give a dam even shooting a video for the song She didn't give a dam? Sorry! but there is only 24 hours in a day for Céline also! Quote
kwright Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:18 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:18 AM OOOOH! IF THE JONAS BROTHERS WIN, I'LL JOIN THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY JUMPING OFF THAT BRIDGE!That makes four of us! Shall we take Celine with us? LOL, You want Celine to jump off a bridge!! I'd join in, The Jonas Brother are taking over the world!!! xNo hahahah i dont want her to, but she is an Angel, and Angel's belong in heaven, were after jumping off this bridge, we will be ending upGreat we have SEVEN now :clap: So what bridge?! Quote "Let me be the one to love you more..."
Bellamy Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:19 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:19 AM I can't believe she didn't even get nominated for Longform Music Video! I knew we'd be lucky for anything else, But I thought Longform Music Video was a lock! What a freaking joke! She gets snubbed, yet those talentless brats the Jonas Brothers get nominated for something. Exactly. That's so unfair. A New Day is the best music DVD released last year, get good reviews even by non-fans. I won't watch Grammy next year. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
whineupemily Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:20 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:20 AM ok so i've watched her performance about 7 times now. im watching it again right now. i've been listening to celine since wdmhbn first came out and i'm still amazed at the awesomeness of her voice. and i love her sigh at the end:)My 14th time watching it Where ya watching it for goodness sake??Oh, its recorded on my tv haha Quote
stevethefan Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:20 AM Posted December 4, 2008 at 03:20 AM As much as we will miss Celine being on tour I think it's good that she will finally be getting a real break after February. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.