Jump to content

Celine at the GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live! -- Countdown To Music's Biggest Night and Celebrating the Grand Opening of the GRAMMY Museum


Recommended Posts

Posted

I didn't like the song...I thought it was drab, but oh well Celine looked extremely nice! I am glad she got to read the nominations, too. I think it is funny that she read for album of the year :)

 

 

I really liked her outfit tonight! :clap:

 

Oh and her singing such a slow drab song on a big show like this on TV probably adds to people saying she's blah! :(

Wake up everybody no more sleeping in bed

No more backward thinking time for thinking ahead

The world has changed so very much

From what it used to be

There is so much hatred war and poverty

Wake up all the teachers time to teach a new way

Maybe then they'll listen to what you have to say

Cause they're the ones who's coming up and the world is in their hands

When you teach the children teach them the best you can.

The world won't get no better if we just let it be

The world won't get no better we gotta change it

So make a change www.thehungersite.com

http://i38.tinypic.com/i72wyq.jpg

Gracias a mi amiga, Emily!

Posted

Hey guys :bye1:

 

I'm back from the Grammy's, I thought it was very overpriced for how little we saw. To me the song was a little dull but her performance of the song was simply SPECTACULAR!!! :w00t:

 

Christina sang very well also, I have some pics which I will upload now :) Can't believe the Celine part of my holiday is over :crybaby:

 

Pictures to come, stay tuned, they're not great but their taken in the flesh :drool:

Posted
Oh and her singing such a slow drab song on a big show like this on TV probably adds to people saying she's blah!

 

I KNOW!!! Dance with my father, MHWGO, I Knew I loved you - that's all she sings at the Oscars/Grammy concerts. I thought this time she would ROCK! But her fans remain the only people who know how "cool" she can be. -_-

Posted

err as slow as this song was, it was totally different from "dance with my father", "my heart will go on", etc.

 

totally different.

Posted

so no nominations.............

sad

even the DVD..........

no matter what............

take a break and have a pretty baby~~~~~~~

S'il suffisait d'aimer...
Posted

I was refreshingly surprised.

 

This one threw me off as much as Summertime did back in 2006. And I like being thrown off!

 

She looked wonderful...and I think it was nice for people to see that she doesn't always have to sing big songs. This was a very welcome change...and I think the song was sweet, simple, and just right. Along the lines of "Something".

Posted

And who said it was the same?

Let me put it this way, if she had sung RDMH, for example, I'm sure there would be some shocked people claiming they had no idea she was capable of doing that. She would've been the "queen of the night". This historical moment(10 years after Celine and Mariah were on the same stage)))) turned out to be just nice, that's all I'm saying.

Posted (edited)

I didn't mean that you said they were the same, it's just you were listing examples in your previous post to compare to this performance so.. :S

 

and I personally don't think rdmh would've proven anything. celine's already done that song soo much not only on tours throughout the 90's but with the tv events (divas live 98, vegas, woman in me cbs special). most non celine fans find her vegas and divas live rendition of it to be inferior to tina's, soulless, etc. also she just came back from a sickness, I think she wouldn't have been at her vocal peak to sing such a demanding song live anyway

 

imo of course :S

Edited by Your_Su_Phu
Posted

I should have stressed "for example" more. :) I actually agree with what you wrote.

I mean whenever she appears at these events, she sings slow songs, which a lot of people find boring, and we know that she's able to sing everything from rock-and-roll to jazz.

 

Ahh, what difference does it make anyway? She's got like half a year of touring left and then she takes a break. Let's be happy with what we have now. ;)

Posted
Here's some of my photos guys :) Enjoy :flowers:

post-18754-1228377014_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377097_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377280_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377363_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377389_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377464_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377505_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377580_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377641_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377723_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377760_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228377878_thumb.jpg

Posted
I can't believe she didn't even get nominated for Longform Music Video! I knew we'd be lucky for anything else, But I thought Longform Music Video was a lock! What a freaking joke! She gets snubbed, yet those talentless brats the Jonas Brothers get nominated for something. :angry:

Exactly. That's so unfair. A New Day is the best music DVD released last year, get good reviews even by non-fans.

 

I won't watch Grammy next year.

 

Rihanna is the worst ever singer live :sick:

 

I can't understand the nominations :shrug:

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve the hair! big hair looks good on her :wub2:

 

 

and i love MC's performance. though her voice cracked a lot of times, it was a great performance. love the idea of bringing back her 1994-1995 look.

Posted
And some more, sorry for the bad quality I'm still figuring out how to use the camera but it's memories at least ^_^

post-18754-1228377982_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228378128_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228378160_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228378255_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228378325_thumb.jpg

post-18754-1228378384_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

céline sounded amazing! :wub2: wtf are they saying the way she sang the song is dull??!! she sang it like Janis has done it! :doh: some people just hate céline with their guts! :rolleyes:

 

and it's facking RIDICULOUS that she didn't got nominated!! not even for A New Day!! :ranting:

Edited by Davey84


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Ew.... THAT CHAIR...

 

That reminds me of Barbra...

 

Why she doesn't stand? Is she sick?

 

Why is Celine always on Barbra footsteps??

 

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1098/power01eq1.jpg
Posted

Thanks for your reviews! I hope I will LOVE it!

 

I didn't know this song exists, but when I heard it I liked it very much! Now I'll download Celine's version... :P

 

And thanks for the photos, Celine looks really beauty-full!!! :wub: :clap:

 

So sad tho Celine wasn't nominated... I was hoping for her to be nominated to long form MV award at least!

... :angry2:

"No matter where you are, reach for your own star to realize the power of the dream"

 

From miss Céline Dion to the world those with a will to listen, and not just hear

Posted
I don't know the song. But I seriously hope she doesn't cry. It sucks that she used to feel that way, but surely she doesn't now? I don't know. What she said made me nervous.

 

I'm positive Céline doesn't feel that way anymore, of course not. :whistling: She has never felt better in her skin and body than since she's 40. I think she talked about those times when she was younger and not feeling that good in her skin to explain why she thinks she can sing those lyrics...because even though she doesn't feel that way anymore, she can relate and understand what those lyrics talks about and how some young girls feel these days still, that's all.

 

Don't worry, imo our Céline is been feeling beautiful and good about herself for a long long while now! :yes: :yes: :yes:

 

 

Actually, like most woman, I think she has times when she's not always completely confident about the way she looks. When I saw her in the rainbow room for last years christmas lighting, I was able to see her getting ready to take the stage near the entrance of the room. She kept asking the people that were fixing her hair and makeup "do I look okay, are you sure?" It was cute. Of course she was looking beautiful. :wub:

 

Wow this was like a million pages ago. See what happens when society makes me go to work? LOL. :pinch:

Anyway I think you're both right, actually. All women have moments where we fuss about hair or makeup or feel a little insecure, but from everything she's said, I think she feels ok now, much much better than years ago. I guess I just worry too much cuz I've had issues and I'd never want her to feel that way. :down:

 

But I wanna see the performance nowwww. Darn living in Australia. I shall wait until it hopefully appears online.

Posted

I liked it... maybe a bit boring, but nice to hear...

But I was hoping to LOVE it... :down: I was hoping Céline to rock the house... she did a beautiful rendition, yeah, but didn't rock da haus. Tho there's one thing I loved... her voice. :wub:

 

Anyway, we'd have to watch all the performances to notice who won in terms of voice, way to hand the songs, etc.

Céline, you rock my world!!!! And my house too! haha!

 

And thanks to JP, allie and celinethebest5 for the MP3!!!! :flowers:

"No matter where you are, reach for your own star to realize the power of the dream"

 

From miss Céline Dion to the world those with a will to listen, and not just hear

Posted (edited)

I predicted that Celine was going to sing two songs at the most, as it was reported that John Mayer was going to do a full concert after the nominations were announced. I'm glad that I had other plans not to be in LA. It was wonderful that she chose to cover a classic - as this was a historical event to commemorate the opening of The Grammy Museum.

 

I'm looking forward to the YouTube video. :) I'll wait to hear and see this performance before I can give my critical input...

 

P.S. Katy Perry is officially one of the most annoying singers on the face of the planet.

I just came back from an event a few minutes ago, where she had performed. She was horrendously horrible. She made me nearly deaf. Good thing David Archuleta was there to rescue me! :laugh:

Edited by Love,
Posted (edited)

OMG YES :D thank you for posting

 

edit: lol it's taylor's performance first. someone forgot to edit the vid :P

Edited by Your_Su_Phu
Posted
It seems that all the singers sang boring songs... with all my respects!
Posted
It seems that all the singers sang boring songs... with all my respects!

yeah xtina too! sony thought "come on girls you dont have to promote your GH's you dont need it. Let's just sing boring songs" :laugh:

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted
there are pop ballads of the moment and then there are standards.......
Posted
I was at the concert and she sounded amazing and looked stunning. She really is very skinny in person and more beautiful. I felt that she should have done a more up-tempo song and bring down the house, the song was kind of a sleeper
Posted (edited)

Thank you for sharing. :)

 

Vocally, Taylor is an instant American Idol Reject. :laugh:

 

PS. I like her intro for Celine. :) Search and you can find it on YouTube

Edited by Love,
Posted
I never heard taylor ,she sounds awful she is just beautiful :P

 

yeah, as much as I like Taylor, she is sometimes painful to listen to live. kinda of like here. it's just... :sick: :blink:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...