iloveceline22 Posted December 7, 2008 at 07:43 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 07:43 AM i cant stop listening to this performance!!...so glad i was able to hear it live... ahh celine! Quote Theres nothing more I want but to meet Celine Dion! " The Greatest Reward is the light in her eyes, the sound of her voice..." i love Celine so much!! http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n14/elojellokyank2/celine.jpg
Black Kitten Posted December 7, 2008 at 07:47 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 07:47 AM after watching the performance several times, i must say this is one of the high points of her career and is screaming for a studio version. Quote
lyn Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:22 AM Posted December 7, 2008 at 10:22 AM This is one of the few songs where the lyrics really made the difference for me. The first time I heard it I was not impressed by her vocal performance. I love when Celine sings mellow, don't get me wrong, but she's throaty. She did a good job, but I just wish her tone was different. I hate the throaty sound she makes. She looked really great, and the words had a lot of meaning to her, so I give her kudos for picking this song. I listened to Janis Ian's original version after Celine's and I feel Celine did it justice, but the original can't be beat. This is an amazing song lyrically, I am very fond of it now, and it grows on me more and more when I listen to Celine sing it. Absolutely, her brilliance with the song is her rendition of it with respect to the words, her interpretation -- this one's all about the emotion and the meaning behind it and if someone wasn't following what she was singing about it wouldn't be a very riveting performance at all Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
Love, Posted December 7, 2008 at 05:49 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 05:49 PM (edited) The Jonas Brothers praised Celine's performance and they seem to be fans of her. They commented on every artist except Mariah. lol Here's the linkhttp://www.cbs.com/specials/51grammys/vide...y=true&cc=0 LOL at the person who posted this in their Wikipedia page: (it wasn't me...) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Brothers Look who's there... Edited December 7, 2008 at 05:49 PM by Love, Quote
celine_rox Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:00 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:00 PM ^ haha SWEET Quote
fabtasticfoo Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:21 PM Posted December 7, 2008 at 06:21 PM i spotted one error "accounts receivesed" can't spot the other one. lol. This performance is utterly amazing, and I agree, this was a better choice than rdmh, because a lot of people are posting how reserved she is and how much better she is with singing more restrained without the over the top gestures and vocals... Maybe the other is "soleetaire" for solitaire? But, of course, these things just make me love her even more! I loved YOUR review, "fabtasticfoo" - and I feel the same way! Yup, give them a prize! Those were the two errors I heard. It's definitely nice to hear that a lot of people really appreciated that performance. I hope Celine will be encouraged to keep challenging herself and doing the unexpected. Quote
KaasDion Posted December 8, 2008 at 03:02 AM Posted December 8, 2008 at 03:02 AM I am so obsessed with this performance, it's kind of sad. In one day:http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/asdkjsd.png (Celine is totally dominating my top 25 right now lol. Mostly because I just reformatted my computer and lost all my play counts and I have been listening to her a lot lately) damn Where did you find the itunes version of this song? I searched itunes, but it didn't come up for me, maybe I searched the wrong thing? Quote
Koolan Posted December 8, 2008 at 03:33 AM Posted December 8, 2008 at 03:33 AM HD version for download really soon. Louise, I know you're excited... Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Thecolourofmylove Posted December 8, 2008 at 04:22 AM Posted December 8, 2008 at 04:22 AM HD version for download really soon. Louise, I know you're excited... I AM!!! Thank you!! Will we also get the HQ MP3? :clap: Quote Bryan Beavers | Create Your Badgehttp://badge.facebook.com/badge/577905483.228.1040373769.pnghttp://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o84/nafnoid23/Untitled-2.jpg
Lou555 Posted December 8, 2008 at 04:33 AM Posted December 8, 2008 at 04:33 AM (edited) HD version for download really soon. Louise, I know you're excited... Now how do you know I'm excited Vic? Well ok than! I'm relieved now, I thought my post disapeared by magic! Maybe you should go to the french section. I was excited "in french" too. Edited December 8, 2008 at 04:37 AM by Lou555 Quote
Nmj Posted December 8, 2008 at 05:18 AM Posted December 8, 2008 at 05:18 AM The Media is all in all declaring the night To Celine they said she did the best performance of the night..you know their where some people that always HATE Celine and Criticize her but other than that; great media response.-Nmj Quote
celínico_sin_remedio Posted December 8, 2008 at 06:05 AM Posted December 8, 2008 at 06:05 AM The Media is all in all declaring the night To Celine they said she did the best performance of the night..you know their where some people that always HATE Celine and Criticize her but other than that; great media response.-Nmj AWESOME news! Quote "No matter where you are, reach for your own star to realize the power of the dream" From miss Céline Dion to the world those with a will to listen, and not just hear
Koolan Posted December 8, 2008 at 06:13 AM Posted December 8, 2008 at 06:13 AM The HD video along with the HQ MP3 & the acapella version is in the multimedia section! http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/grammy200801.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/grammy200802.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/grammy200803.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/grammy200804.jpg http://www.celineirc.com/free/images/grammy200805.jpg Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
celinesounds Posted December 8, 2008 at 04:09 PM Posted December 8, 2008 at 04:09 PM Thanks, i can't wait to download it Quote #FREEJAVITO
Koolan Posted December 8, 2008 at 04:30 PM Posted December 8, 2008 at 04:30 PM Added DVD version for download. Here's the amazing HD version with stereo sound on YouTube. Quote Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below. Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.
Macaronie Posted December 8, 2008 at 06:13 PM Posted December 8, 2008 at 06:13 PM The first vid CDF put on YT sounded so good, now I heard the MP3 and it's crap. I'm confused :S Quote
celinevegas Posted December 8, 2008 at 08:45 PM Posted December 8, 2008 at 08:45 PM (edited) Thanks Koolan and JPI!!!! Edited December 8, 2008 at 08:54 PM by celinevegas Quote "2008 to 2009 TAKING CHANCES TOUR..SIMPLY ANOTHER DREAMS REALIZED!.."" 2003 à 2007 OF BEAUTIFUL LIVED MOMENTS..LAS VEGAS ."24 and 25 May 2008 Bercy Paris France 5 July 2008 Nice France 16,20 ,25,31 August 2008Montréal CANADA22 August 2008 Quebec CANADA01 September 2008 Montréal CANADA10 and 12 September 2008 Newark USA 9 November Indianapolis USA (Reporter au 21 Decembre 2008)10 Fébuary 2009 Québec CANADA 15 Fébuary 2009 Montréal CANADA http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1258171336241.jpg
Costa Santos Posted December 8, 2008 at 09:09 PM Posted December 8, 2008 at 09:09 PM Thank you, guys! Quote CELINE, I'M SO PROUD OF LOVING YOU. http://www.celinedion.com/global/images/worldtour/worldtour_sa_5.jpg I was there...: ... May, 20th - Paris, France...... May, 21st - Paris, France...... May, 24th - Paris, France...... May, 25th - Paris, France...... May, 27th - Paris, France...... May, 30th - Dublin, Ireland...... June, 02nd - Amsterdam, Holland...
karatedude317 Posted December 9, 2008 at 12:34 AM Posted December 9, 2008 at 12:34 AM The Jonas Brothers praised Celine's performance and they seem to be fans of her. They commented on every artist except Mariah. lol Here's the linkhttp://www.cbs.com/specials/51grammys/vide...y=true&cc=0 LOL at the person who posted this in their Wikipedia page: (it wasn't me...) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Brothers Look who's there... hey thanks for showing us that! That pic is from the AMA's last year it looks like. I have a new respect for the Jonas Brothers after hearing their words of respect and kindness for Celine. It isn't often that you hear that from a teenage boy band on how great Celine is. Quote
Nmj Posted December 9, 2008 at 12:54 AM Posted December 9, 2008 at 12:54 AM I Love the acapella version Quote
dj_a_rock Posted December 9, 2008 at 02:11 AM Posted December 9, 2008 at 02:11 AM her performance was amazing. Quote
stone Posted December 9, 2008 at 06:00 AM Posted December 9, 2008 at 06:00 AM so sad that Celine doesn't walk red carpets anymore...I thought the song was awesome by the wayif you read the comments on youtube...people liked the she was reserved vocally...I enjoyed it because I focused more on lyrics and the song itself, rather than her big voice Quote
cmcdaori Posted December 9, 2008 at 09:43 PM Posted December 9, 2008 at 09:43 PM Thanx for the pics..awesome.. Quote Thank u Jesus. Im in ur hands now.
Love, Posted December 10, 2008 at 02:33 AM Posted December 10, 2008 at 02:33 AM The Jonas Brothers praised Celine's performance and they seem to be fans of her. They commented on every artist except Mariah. lol Here's the linkhttp://www.cbs.com/specials/51grammys/vide...y=true&cc=0 LOL at the person who posted this in their Wikipedia page: (it wasn't me...) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Brothers Look who's there... hey thanks for showing us that! That pic is from the AMA's last year it looks like. I have a new respect for the Jonas Brothers after hearing their words of respect and kindness for Celine. It isn't often that you hear that from a teenage boy band on how great Celine is.It's sweet of them to say those kind words, but I still think that the lead singer of the Jonas Brothers sounds like he has a log stuck in his throat when he's singing. Quote
lyn Posted December 10, 2008 at 10:33 AM Posted December 10, 2008 at 10:33 AM (edited) can I just say that I am addicted to this song, like it's not even because I'm a Celine fan or anything, but this sound, the lyrics, the songs, and her voice with it, somehow it's made the most listenable song I've ever heard. Word to all those who've been listening to it billions of times.. This song has been on repeat on my iPod for days, and I go hours listening to it as I study. Just saying. Celine needs to make an album in this style. NOW. Edited December 10, 2008 at 10:33 AM by lyn Quote Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
Joose Posted December 12, 2008 at 11:49 AM Posted December 12, 2008 at 11:49 AM Hi ! She is best ! Great ! Quote
nano Posted December 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM Posted December 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM Hi ! She is best ! Great !She is!! and Welcome Joose!hienoa saada lisää suomalaisia faneja tänne foorumille! Quote "Today, I’m a person on a path of connecting with my source and understanding that I am on the leading edge of creation.."
Allie Posted December 15, 2008 at 01:36 AM Posted December 15, 2008 at 01:36 AM 322 plays of this in my library haaha. my second most played has 35. I'm a little obsessed. But anyways, I decided to make a cover for it because I don't like not having album art in iTunes and I figured I'd post in case anyone wants to use it as well:http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/atseventeen.png Quote
celínico_sin_remedio Posted December 15, 2008 at 06:48 AM Posted December 15, 2008 at 06:48 AM Thanks Allie!! Very cool!!!! I'll use it! Quote "No matter where you are, reach for your own star to realize the power of the dream" From miss Céline Dion to the world those with a will to listen, and not just hear
Terre Posted December 15, 2008 at 08:02 PM Posted December 15, 2008 at 08:02 PM Words cannot describe how stunning Céline looks! I'd die if she was right in front of me and looked like that! Oh my... I had never heard the song before and I'm not sure what to think about it. Maybe it's a bit boring but I kinda like it anyway. I think Céline's performance was lovely and soothing in a way. Her voice sounded so soft. Thank you for the pics, videos, lyrics etc! Quote My Taking Chances World TourAmsterdam June 2nd 2008 -Section A4, Row 7, Seat 11Stockholm June 7th 2008 -Section A8/A24, Row 3, Seat 40Helsinki June 9th 2008 -Section 119, Row 4, Seat 2 Bruce freakin' Springsteen
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.