Jump to content

Celine at the GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live! -- Countdown To Music's Biggest Night and Celebrating the Grand Opening of the GRAMMY Museum


Recommended Posts

Posted
I was actually 17 when Janis Ian's song won a grammy back in 1975! I played that song over and over and over....it just resonated with me! When I read here in the Forum that Céline was going to sing "At Seventeen," I couldn't wait to hear her version! What an excellent song choice, Céline!!!

 

Céline's version was magnificent! I don't think one needs to know her past and how she related to the song. Céline made that relationship clear with her vocals alone! The way she carried the melody was breathtaking. I got the same chills hearing her sing this as I did the first time I heard, "My Love."

 

I was also thrilled to see Céline's band playing with her (I can't believe no one has mentioned them)! Their instrumental arrangement of this song was so beautiful! Anyone know who the guy was that played the trumpet? He played beautifully as well.

 

Céline and her band's cover of this song was off-the-charts spectacular!!!!!!!!

:clap:

 

 

I was 16 and remember listening to the song on the radio... I love Celine's version...

 

and btw ... nice to see another person from my generation ;)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/celinedionsfan/candmsig8.jpg

Posted

OMG. they heaped praise on her. SLATHERED IT as a scf would lol :o

I almost am less annoyed by them LOL

Posted

So everyone was performing past Grammy winning or nominated songs?

It was a nice surprise to hear something fresh from Celine woo hoo! :clapping:

She sounded beautiful and I liked the arrangement with the guitar it was so laid back. :in_love:

I would be nice to see a change with the hair once in awhile like tighter curls or at least something different when she makes t.v. appearances.

* December 18, 2008. 1st time ever in front row for a concert and it was with my idol Celine!

Dream #1 accomplished.

 

While singing a ballad the only time Celine looked at me was the time I had my sign up luckily!

She stretched out her arm palm faced up while singing with even more emotion in her eyes when she saw it, so it seemed like it was just for me at that moment.

Dream #2 accomplished with the extra bonus!

 

She came and left on my side. I went out 1 row, held up my sign and she stopped, held it herself,

and just looked at it with an awe expression on her face, stunned and amazed when she saw all the glitter!

She looked me in the eyes with those beautiful brown eyes of hers she was tuned into me at that moment and didn't look away, again her looking so emotional as I said with a sincere look on my face to her "It took me 5 hours to make this." (could have been more not sure)

She looked down and away very touched like maybe she wanted to cry then she HUGGED me!!!

She held me for more than just a moment She really took her time! I said to her while about to cry from the hug, "I love you so much!" Then that was it I don't think she said a word to me.

I was crying and saying omg all night with my heart racing and my mind in SHOCK from the unexpected hug and my eyes so sore from crying. I was ready to drop when I got home, but was so emotional I stayed up until 6:30 a.m.! Cried a little for a few days after. Sign and front row seat saved the day!

Dream #3 accomplished... Me at :13 NOT my video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L62QJoUgN80

Posted (edited)
The Jonas Brothers praised Celine's performance and they seem to be fans of her. They commented on every artist except Mariah. lol

Well, the NARAS president mentioned all the performers during a pre-show interview except Celine. :P This was the same man (I think lol) who expressed "concern" backstage over how the night of the 1999 Grammy Awards was playing out. :P

Edited by manuel morriso
http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Posted
I heard just two tiny errors (bonus points for anyone who can point them out!), one of which I'm sure was a product of her langue natale. And need I mention that the singing was pitch-perfect? I bet she worked really hard on this. But like Rene said, when Celine takes these kinds of chances with live performances, she always delivers.

 

i spotted one error "accounts receivesed" can't spot the other one. lol. This performance is utterly amazing, and I agree, this was a better choice than rdmh, because a lot of people are posting how reserved she is and how much better she is with singing more restrained without the over the top gestures and vocals. This performance not only was well received by fans, but even by those who aren't the biggest fans, or who always criticize her for doing too much. Great comment by the Jonas Brothers too! Celine met them backstage at the AMA's last year, and I think they have had a mutual respect for each other since then. Even RC is a big fan of them!

Posted
The Jonas Brothers praised Celine's performance and they seem to be fans of her. They commented on every artist except Mariah. lol

Well, the NARAS president mentioned all the performers during a pre-show interview except Celine. :P This was the same man (I think lol) who expressed "concern" backstage over how the night of the 1999 Grammy Awards was playing out. :P

 

Why were they concerned at the 1999 Grammys? :shrug:

Posted
I heard just two tiny errors (bonus points for anyone who can point them out!), one of which I'm sure was a product of her langue natale. And need I mention that the singing was pitch-perfect? I bet she worked really hard on this. But like Rene said, when Celine takes these kinds of chances with live performances, she always delivers.

 

i spotted one error "accounts receivesed" can't spot the other one. lol. This performance is utterly amazing, and I agree, this was a better choice than rdmh, because a lot of people are posting how reserved she is and how much better she is with singing more restrained without the over the top gestures and vocals. This performance not only was well received by fans, but even by those who aren't the biggest fans, or who always criticize her for doing too much. Great comment by the Jonas Brothers too! Celine met them backstage at the AMA's last year, and I think they have had a mutual respect for each other since then. Even RC is a big fan of them!

 

Maybe the other is "soleetaire" for solitaire? But, of course, these things just make me love her even more!

 

I loved YOUR review, "fabtasticfoo" - and I feel the same way! And, "tris", thanks for sharing the Jonas Bros. comments on Céline! I agree with them that she sang it effortlessly and like she was singing it in her living room. That's one of the reasons I loved this performance so much! The girl can sing anything!

Posted
I was actually 17 when Janis Ian's song won a grammy back in 1975!

 

 

I was 16 and remember listening to the song on the radio... I love Celine's version...

 

and btw ... nice to see another person from my generation ;)

 

I agree! It is really nice to see another person my age here in the Forum!

:clapping: :thumbup1:

Posted

so so glad that the Janis fans would like her version

we all know that for a cover, usually not that easily be accepted by fans~~~

Well dnoe!! Celine!!!!

S'il suffisait d'aimer...
Posted
The Jonas Brothers praised Celine's performance and they seem to be fans of her. They commented on every artist except Mariah. lol

 

Here's the link

http://www.cbs.com/specials/51grammys/vide...y=true&cc=0

 

LMAO @ the right guy saying: Celine Dion was amazing and then the guy in the middle being like YES OMFG CELINE DION !!!11!!!1!!

http://showstalker.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/celine-dion-doctorate-laval-univ-2.jpg
Posted

OMG !!! This song is absolutely amazing !

 

I have it on repeat ever since I first heard it. The musical arrangements, the lyrics, but most of all her performance, the rendition of the song is breathtaking !

 

Here's to prove that she doesn't have to resort to her powerful voice acrobatics to do a brilliant performance of a ballad.

 

:clapping: :clapping: :clap: :clap: :clapping: :clapping:

Posted
This was truly a beautiful performance of hers. I just listen to it over and over again.
Posted
here're a few pics ! :)

 

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/grammys%20nominations/gram03.jpg

entrée du nokia L.A Live

 

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/grammys%20nominations/gram01.jpg

 

 

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/grammys%20nominations/gram04.jpg

 

 

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/tahitiCELINEfan/grammys%20nominations/gram02.jpg

 

 

 

<woot>

 

 

Thanks Tam :clap: :clap: :clap:

Posted
I love Celine singing that song. My i-pod is playing that song over and over again now. ^_^

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/7916/php2vqj4xamrx1.jpg

'

When I'm feeling down

The mention of your name

It lifts my spirit up.

It makes me carry on,

When I don't have the strength

Your faith can heal me.

Like the sun that shines

You gave me light to see.'

Posted

awww the jonas brothers are such gentlemen

they love celine so much :D

Posted
I am so obsessed with this performance, it's kind of sad. In one day:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn269/skiesofla/asdkjsd.png

 

(Celine is totally dominating my top 25 right now lol. Mostly because I just reformatted my computer and lost all my play counts and I have been listening to her a lot lately)

 

damn :laugh:

Posted

OMD, Thank you so much for the HQ HD link to youtube-

 

I really love this song... so peaceful and relaxing... puts me at ease.

 

I'm sure Celine can really relate to the lyric....

 

J

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Jay7180/im_13.jpg
Posted
still no video? :(

 

lol did you only read this latest page? the video's been posted countless times all over youtube

Posted

W-O-W!

First, she looks so damn beautiful!

Second, not let's start talk about the performance! :wub:

"These walls keep a secret, That only we know..."

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/bambaplanet/G49272_b.jpg

Sorry for my English.

Posted
I heard just two tiny errors (bonus points for anyone who can point them out!), one of which I'm sure was a product of her langue natale. And need I mention that the singing was pitch-perfect? I bet she worked really hard on this. But like Rene said, when Celine takes these kinds of chances with live performances, she always delivers.

 

i spotted one error "accounts receivesed" can't spot the other one. lol. This performance is utterly amazing, and I agree, this was a better choice than rdmh, because a lot of people are posting how reserved she is and how much better she is with singing more restrained without the over the top gestures and vocals. This performance not only was well received by fans, but even by those who aren't the biggest fans, or who always criticize her for doing too much. Great comment by the Jonas Brothers too! Celine met them backstage at the AMA's last year, and I think they have had a mutual respect for each other since then. Even RC is a big fan of them!

 

Maybe the other is "soleetaire" for solitaire? But, of course, these things just make me love her even more!

 

I loved YOUR review, "fabtasticfoo" - and I feel the same way! And, "tris", thanks for sharing the Jonas Bros. comments on Céline! I agree with them that she sang it effortlessly and like she was singing it in her living room. That's one of the reasons I loved this performance so much! The girl can sing anything!

 

I'm right there with ya JJ, I think Celine has a lot of fans over 40 but many are just busy with their lives and aren't patient enough to come to the forum and read through all the postings. I love it here, it's how I keep up on whats going on and it's also a great way to make new friends. :clap:

~J O E Y~
Posted

I found a picture in an article about the concert in our local newspaper. Have a look!

 

The underline says: Veteran performer - Céline Dion on a classical bar stool.

post-20462-1228607265_thumb.jpg

"Ma plus grande victoire, c'est d'avoir rencontré une femme sensationnelle. C'est un coup du destin. C'est ma récompense, peut-être, pour les années précédentes plus difficiles... Et mon autre plus grande victoire, c'est quand elle est tombée enceinte de René-Charles." René Angélil
Posted
I found a picture in an article about the concert in our local newspaper. Have a look!

 

The underline says: Veteran performer - Céline Dion on a classical bar stool.

 

 

OMIGOSH!!! :sofunny: I love that pic !

"remember the name, because you'll never forget the voice"
Posted (edited)
sorry if this has already been responded to but there was a teleprompter with all the words. Half way through the song I was amazed that she could memorize all those lyrics and my friend pointed to the teleprompter.

Haha I totally knew it! :giggle:

 

WoooHooo I got a Celine-related birthday gift from my sisters today! :msn-tongue:

Edited by Celcool
Posted
its still hard to read the words and stay in tune!
Posted
This is one of the few songs where the lyrics really made the difference for me. The first time I heard it I was not impressed by her vocal performance. I love when Celine sings mellow, don't get me wrong, but she's throaty. She did a good job, but I just wish her tone was different. I hate the throaty sound she makes. She looked really great, and the words had a lot of meaning to her, so I give her kudos for picking this song. I listened to Janis Ian's original version after Celine's and I feel Celine did it justice, but the original can't be beat. This is an amazing song lyrically, I am very fond of it now, and it grows on me more and more when I listen to Celine sing it.
Posted
sorry if this has already been responded to but there was a teleprompter with all the words. Half way through the song I was amazed that she could memorize all those lyrics and my friend pointed to the teleprompter.

Haha I totally knew it! :giggle:

 

WoooHooo I got a Celine-related birthday gift from my sisters today! :msn-tongue:

 

 

Hey, If Ozzy can use a teleprompter on tour with his own songs.... :whistling: I think Celine will have the okay from me to use it on a song that she hasn't covered before, after coming back from an illness :wub:

 

J

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Jay7180/im_13.jpg
Posted
Doesn't celine have her Bro tell her words to the songs in her ear on tour-like they did in a new day? I bet she did in this preformance..
Posted (edited)
Doesn't celine have her Bro tell her words to the songs in her ear on tour-like they did in a new day? I bet she did in this preformance..

 

No. He doesn't tell her words unless she forgets words. And be a little more logical - Can you imagine someone talking to you while you're talking and expect yourself to hear them and remember what they say word-for-word?

 

Someone had already confirmed yesterday that she was reading off a teleprompter.

 

Edited by Love,

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...