artistman2007 Posted November 7, 2007 at 03:12 AM Posted November 7, 2007 at 03:12 AM i just don't undrestand this word that everybody is saying(she doesn't need to prove) i don't think it about proving anything we know celines voice very well and we just want to enjoy even if it has chanched we already know but we still love it, olso celine needs to stop that word(i don't need to prove ......)it was never about proving anything its about sing sing sing just sininging and enjoying
karatedude317 Posted November 7, 2007 at 03:16 AM Posted November 7, 2007 at 03:16 AM celine has lipped so many times on so many shows, we've discussed this so many times before. Why is everyone (the press) bashing her so much for it now? She lipped on the D'Elles special, nothing was mentioned. Why now? I thought it was widely known that singers sometimes lip. Celine certainly isn't the first or the last. I can't believe this is blowing up so much, but I can understand why it is. I just hope this bad publicity doesn't make it to the U.S. She'll sing live on Oprah and Ellen as far as we know. If she lipped the music awards though and people here find out, it won't be good
CelineFreak Posted November 7, 2007 at 04:04 AM Posted November 7, 2007 at 04:04 AM I believe she is being singled out this time because she appeared on a show where other major stars have sung live in the past. They keep mentioning Elton John and someone else - i forget, chose to sing live. So in this venue, Celine was expected to sing live, and when she didn't, people got upset. I think they're blowing it WAY out of proportion, however. If they can't slam her for drugs and alcohol, then I guess she takes the hit for miming? Makes no sense to me.
lyn Posted November 7, 2007 at 04:30 AM Posted November 7, 2007 at 04:30 AM it makes sense to me, i mean she is in the music industry. plenty of artists do it all the time though. i'm sure she had her reasons. Celine is anything but apathetic or lazy. Philadelphia, PA, Sept 5 2008.New York, NY, Sept 16 2008, Madison-Freaking-Square Garden.
William2005 Posted November 7, 2007 at 04:34 AM Posted November 7, 2007 at 04:34 AM I am so sick of people using a busy schedule as an excuse! It isn't one. How hard is it to have a background singer do a soundcheck? (as other musicians do that all the time) Other people are paid to make sure everything is set up right! All she has to do is show up and sing the freakin songs! Not to hard to do, if you ask me! I mean even if she was tired and sick she could have told the audience while she was recording that show. Then she might have got positive press because of how she still went through with the show despite being ill. But no, she took the easy way out. Celine DOES have control over whether she mimes or not. It isn't as if someone makes all of her decisions for her and she just sits there helplessly. Also if this promo was too grouling for her she should have done what people have said above and waited until she had more time and when her voice was up to par. But that's another issue, because we all know her voice has been up to par atleast once while she has been in Europe on Star Academy, yet she STILL lipped. UGH! I love you, but GET IT TOGETHER GIRL!Obviously you know nothing about how shows are produced. I really don't know what to say anymore, I have always defended Celine's use of backing tracks, as I knew of her dedication to her vocal instrument. Knowing how she would be so careful to save her voice for important performances made it so much more acceptable. But it appears that maybe her UK audience may not have been as important to her than other European appearances, judging by her performances on Star Academie. It's a great disappointment, especially as this publicity phase really played up her global success as the biggest Female artist. It's a bit of a poor effort really! Love LisaxxxShe only sing 2 duets live on Star AC. And she sing live on X Factor. So UK, France are almost same to her. Oh and you do? I So you aren't just an admin of a forum on the internet but u are also Celine's manager. Please, tell me all about how a show is produced and when Celine is needed and what for since my knowledge seems to be so inferior to yours.
Love, Posted November 7, 2007 at 04:46 AM Posted November 7, 2007 at 04:46 AM (edited) I am so sick of people using a busy schedule as an excuse! It isn't one. How hard is it to have a background singer do a soundcheck? (as other musicians do that all the time) Other people are paid to make sure everything is set up right! All she has to do is show up and sing the freakin songs! Not to hard to do, if you ask me! I mean even if she was tired and sick she could have told the audience while she was recording that show. Then she might have got positive press because of how she still went through with the show despite being ill. But no, she took the easy way out. Celine DOES have control over whether she mimes or not. It isn't as if someone makes all of her decisions for her and she just sits there helplessly. Also if this promo was too grouling for her she should have done what people have said above and waited until she had more time and when her voice was up to par. But that's another issue, because we all know her voice has been up to par atleast once while she has been in Europe on Star Academy, yet she STILL lipped. UGH! I love you, but GET IT TOGETHER GIRL!Yes, let's be real here, folks. I have been very understanding of Celine and her lipping - with reasons. I have at many times told people to leave the "lipping" thing alone. But let's be real: She sang ONE song LIVE during the last two weeks of this Britain-European adventure. There's no need to defend Celine here.It does not take a genius to understand that this is ridiculous. Edited November 7, 2007 at 04:47 AM by Love,
Dechen Posted November 7, 2007 at 05:13 AM Posted November 7, 2007 at 05:13 AM i always wished Celine would never lip sync, but she has done a number of times and don't like it at all. I KNOW she can. And I understand the fact that lately she's been feeling a lil sick. I'm not just sayin this to Celine but to all artist who sings, should not lip sync when it's suppose to be LIVE. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii216/dechen15/k-siggy2B.jpg
firebird Posted November 7, 2007 at 08:44 AM Posted November 7, 2007 at 08:44 AM It does not take a genius to understand that this is ridiculous. Makes you realise how fake that whole media circus is. Don't get me wrong but this time she deserves to get slammed for it. I mean if she really wants to be another one of those out-selling fake dolls who are more concerned about changing dresses a hundred times, ok, that's her choice, but how much further can one get from being a real artist/singer?
jacwar58 Posted November 7, 2007 at 05:50 PM Author Posted November 7, 2007 at 05:50 PM It's been interesting to read all the different opinions on here, some of which I agree and some I don't. As one of the very lucky people to attend the recording of this show, I have to say that lipping or not it was a marvelous time and every person there enjoyed themselves and got carried away with the whole atmosphere. Even Shane Ritchie was getting into the moment, and he was the person who spilled the beans to the press. When it's shown on TV I hope you will all love it as much as I did. I'm sure by then the general public will have forgotten all the bad publicity surrounding it and who knows, with clever camera work and panning shots of the celebs in the audience, they may not even realise it's not a live performance. One other thing I thought about....Celine was there rehearsing from 10am on the day and the recording did not happen until 8pm. Do you think she might have filmed the songs live during the day (could be re-done if it didn't sound good) and lipped for the audience? It's a possibility I suppose. Whatever happened, you'll enjoy it I'm sure! http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q222/jacwar58/Celine%20Dion/100_1696.jpg
stevo Posted November 7, 2007 at 05:56 PM Posted November 7, 2007 at 05:56 PM I'm pretty sure the media will remind us all that it was lipped when it's due to be aired...IMO it won't turn people off watching- I think they'll just be saying, like Chris Moyles said, why on Earth was Celine Dion miming? And the ads hopefully will be like the ones ITV are airing for The Kylie Show- due this or next week, really glossy and seductive and yummy. I hope theyy don't make An Audience with Celine into A Tesco Value Audience with Mimer Dion...every little helps
salsacolin Posted November 7, 2007 at 06:07 PM Posted November 7, 2007 at 06:07 PM (edited) I am so sick of people using a busy schedule as an excuse! It isn't one. How hard is it to have a background singer do a soundcheck? (as other musicians do that all the time) Other people are paid to make sure everything is set up right! All she has to do is show up and sing the freakin songs! Not to hard to do, if you ask me! I mean even if she was tired and sick she could have told the audience while she was recording that show. Then she might have got positive press because of how she still went through with the show despite being ill. But no, she took the easy way out. Celine DOES have control over whether she mimes or not. It isn't as if someone makes all of her decisions for her and she just sits there helplessly. Also if this promo was too grouling for her she should have done what people have said above and waited until she had more time and when her voice was up to par. But that's another issue, because we all know her voice has been up to par atleast once while she has been in Europe on Star Academy, yet she STILL lipped. UGH! I love you, but GET IT TOGETHER GIRL!Yes, let's be real here, folks. I have been very understanding of Celine and her lipping - with reasons. I have at many times told people to leave the "lipping" thing alone. But let's be real: She sang ONE song LIVE during the last two weeks of this Britain-European adventure. There's no need to defend Celine here.It does not take a genius to understand that this is ridiculous. She did actually sing 3 songs live Taking Chances X FactorBecause You Loved Me - Audience With...... - she used the same backing track as the medley in A New Day Happy Birthday - Audience with..... lol Edited November 7, 2007 at 06:09 PM by salsacolin I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........ Glasgow SECC, November 1996Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008Birmingham NIA - 10 May 2008Nice, France - 5 July 2008
celinesounds Posted November 7, 2007 at 06:20 PM Posted November 7, 2007 at 06:20 PM it was a special program for her....lip was a big mistake....MHWGO has 10 years...it's time to chance the list of songs to sing #FREEJAVITO
fred Posted November 7, 2007 at 07:00 PM Posted November 7, 2007 at 07:00 PM I really don't see where this All The Way slogan has gone to? Coz this promo spasm feels very half hearted. Lipp a little here, lipp a little there, pick up a French statuett, pick up the legend award, thank you bye bye! I really don't see why it was nessesery for her to go to France and show up on that Star Academy thing, I think that is below her, I really don't care much for those cheap false singing broadcasted talent shows. AI, I can accept, coz it is a bit more respectable than the rest... I have no clue why she went to SA and wasted all gunpowder on old songs there, and then lipped TC (just because she had to do i it seems) and make important album promo get lipped in the UK. And an improtant and prestigues show such as AAW be interly lipped when the C-list SA got much more from her than it should. I mean, she can always do SA, if she really drops in popularity, and she can do it anytime, while promoting French albums (which she had) but let the rare UK promo suffer from some pointless moves in France.... I really don't get it. And she can always do SA in years to come, but the AAW - what she's gonna do about that? "Oh I'm back coz I didn't do it live last time and now I will." And all this focus on old song - well that's a different topic, but hey, that she can always do later, when seh's old and her career is slowly going down. She can't promote TC then! Focus!! Where is the focus here, I'd really like to know that. /fred Peace and love to all.
Cheerfuljane Posted November 12, 2007 at 03:43 PM Posted November 12, 2007 at 03:43 PM From ITV: The programme is due for transmission near Christmas but a date has not been confirmed. May I suggest that you contact us early in December for further information. I hope this helps. Kind Regards Duty Officer-kb
krazy_kool_dude Posted November 12, 2007 at 03:47 PM Posted November 12, 2007 at 03:47 PM quite a smart move delaying it for a bit. it'll keep the promo flowing rather than all at once. http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
dlh1 Posted November 14, 2007 at 06:37 PM Posted November 14, 2007 at 06:37 PM Just a quick question. An Audience with Celine Dion is still on applausestore.com.The reason I don't think this is a mistake and they forgot to take it down is as follows.a) Applause store usually take the advertisements down within a week, it's now been two weeks The date of the show has been taken off and reserve list has been put in. They do that when they are unsure of a date Does anyone think Celine is going to record another one (this time singing Live) Maybe ITV got too many complaints or something, I don't know. I know I'm probably being rediculous, but how cool would it be if she came to europe to do more promotion after Vegas! BTW 300,000 people applied for tickets for this show!!! She needs to add more gigs to her UK tour.
krazy_kool_dude Posted November 26, 2007 at 08:47 AM Posted November 26, 2007 at 08:47 AM This still hasn't been listed on www.radiotimes.com which goes up to Sunday 9th December. If they're not careful they're going to air it in the week that doesn't matter. Personally i think they should just forget about this for this year and use it as promotion for the next single - whatever that may be - next year! http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
Prince Whiskers Posted November 26, 2007 at 09:16 AM Posted November 26, 2007 at 09:16 AM 300,000 applied for tickets to the show?! Did those people disappear when Celine's album got released there in the UK??? http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Cheerfuljane Posted November 26, 2007 at 09:20 AM Posted November 26, 2007 at 09:20 AM Maybe it will be the 15th I agree, though, that they should wait until next year.
miracle_girl Posted November 26, 2007 at 11:34 AM Posted November 26, 2007 at 11:34 AM I E-mailed ITV The Other DayAnd They wrote back saying they cannot give any exact date at the moment but if i wrote back in 1 or 2 weeks then they may be able to give me some information!! I dont know whats going on there then??? My Best bet is it wont be shown untill "Im A celebrity...." Has endedand then i know Elton John Has also recorded "An audience with..."So His Will Be Before Celines so i think we are looking at atleast 3 week from now!! Hopefully!! I really cant wait to see this (Lipped/Or Not Lipped Its Celine For god sake!!!!) http://file041b.bebo.com/11/large/2008/02/21/19/3639616524a6958591691l.jpgCeline - May 8th @ The 02! Cant Wait!! <3
Xpresso Posted November 26, 2007 at 12:29 PM Posted November 26, 2007 at 12:29 PM Some "singers" have built their career on miming and some didn't. Celine is in the category of singers who DID NOT!!! How many of you think Madonna sang live on her Confessions Tour? How many of you think Britney can actually sing? Ashlee Simpson? So better get a grip. Celine sometimes mime... yes, she can be sick at times also. But we know she CAN sing! And those people who say, well just cancel the show if you are sick. Yeah, right!! When you go to Europe to promote an album, whether you are sick or not, the contracts for the TV shows have been signed, the fans have been invited, and the album is STILL coming out on the scheduled date!!! So you don't cancel your promo unless you can't stand up!!! The show must go on!
Shamrock_1982 Posted November 26, 2007 at 05:07 PM Posted November 26, 2007 at 05:07 PM Just spoke to sony...its been moved back a few weeks and will air on december 22nd
krazy_kool_dude Posted November 27, 2007 at 09:45 PM Posted November 27, 2007 at 09:45 PM Just spoke to sony...its been moved back a few weeks and will air on december 22nd WORST date ever! Who will buy the album at that time!? Most people would have bought what they want to buy for xmas at that time, others would wait to see what they get. Some will forget about it with the other cds they get. http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
winforlife Posted November 28, 2007 at 05:54 AM Posted November 28, 2007 at 05:54 AM Just spoke to sony...its been moved back a few weeks and will air on december 22nd WORST date ever! Who will buy the album at that time!? Most people would have bought what they want to buy for xmas at that time, others would wait to see what they get. Some will forget about it with the other cds they get. There are quite a few stores open Christmas Eve in the US for procrastinators, so I wouldn't rule out more sales. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/LKlafter1/1367035680_small.jpg
Shamrock_1982 Posted November 28, 2007 at 05:17 PM Posted November 28, 2007 at 05:17 PM there are two more shopping days after the show is aired...i rekon it will shoot up the charts again...and may even go up a few places here after 2nights and friday nights appearances of the american music awards and dancing with the stars...
krazy_kool_dude Posted December 1, 2007 at 02:10 PM Posted December 1, 2007 at 02:10 PM Saturday 22nd DecemberITV 3:20 - FILM Jack Frost5:00 - ITV NEWS and local news5:30 - PREMIER The Polar Express7:00 - TBA8:00 - An audience with Celine Dion9:00 - Last ever Parkinson11:20 - ITV NEWS Before the last ever Parkinson, which is bound to get high ratings is a good move! I still think it's a sucky date though! http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4136/siggyju5.jpg
Cheerfuljane Posted December 1, 2007 at 04:18 PM Posted December 1, 2007 at 04:18 PM Oh Yay and I finally get to see the Polar Express
JohnFan97 Posted December 2, 2007 at 12:58 AM Posted December 2, 2007 at 12:58 AM First of all, the Vegas show is not Lipped and neither are her live concerts. People that haven't seen her in concert shouldn't be talking and criticizing. Second, some of you were bashing her for cracking etc. in one of her first live performances of Taking Chances. As she did more TV appearances singing live she improved as she got more comfortable. But if she didn't feel good enough to sing the songs, she did good in miming. She cares about her voice alot and would rather have well taken care of vocal chords than blown out chords due to too much singing just to please the world. People nowadays expect to hear "perfect things." Im fine with her miming for TV performances because I know she is great live and that this IS to promote her album. (People want to know how it sounds) She did sing some songs live so that for me out weighs the bad. Whoever "exposed" that she was miming should be sued. I feel that the person that did that just wants to mess Celine Dion's future up. Celine keep promoting your album and sing more songs from your album!!! I still love her, because even if she mimes she's working hard and most of her lipping in unnoticable unlike other singers.
VintageCeline Posted December 2, 2007 at 02:50 AM Posted December 2, 2007 at 02:50 AM Yayyy! we finally get to see it! im hoping it is edited well, because it was good when we were there x http://24.media.tumblr.com/94198518f8a09aef1d336d6fde8fc8b3/tumblr_mkdcezs36X1r7lwiso1_400.jpg
miracle_girl Posted December 3, 2007 at 10:55 AM Posted December 3, 2007 at 10:55 AM Oh Yay and I finally get to see the Polar Express Its Really Good!! http://file041b.bebo.com/11/large/2008/02/21/19/3639616524a6958591691l.jpgCeline - May 8th @ The 02! Cant Wait!! <3
Recommended Posts