Jump to content

Confirmed! One World, Together at Home - TV and online special April 18th, 2020


Recommended Posts

Posted

1) Celine looks and sounds great, this is a higher key than the one she’s been doing live no?

 

2) John legend sounds terrible lol

 

3) Gaga really doesn’t fit this song

 

4) Agreed with Tyler, arrangement is horrid

 

5) Andrea and Celine should’ve just done it :/

  • Like 3
Posted

Celine and Bocelli were amazing, as always. But Gaga and Legend were out of place, Sorry.

I agree. John looked like he was reading off the lyrics while singing which is funny because he only sang like 5 words.
  • Like 1
Posted
Well Lang Lang and John Legend already appeared at the Digital Broadcast so maybe there's a chance we'll get more Céline
  • Like 1
Posted

Well Lang Lang and John Legend already appeared at the Digital Broadcast so maybe there's a chance we'll get more Céline

 

I hope so!! She did great. Gaga and John legend seemed a bit out of sorts but Celine did us all proud.

 

Hopefully we get another performance with that nice set up

 

 

  • Like 2
Posted
What is John Legend doing there? Clearly he's not in the same level.
  • Like 2

If ever a boy stood on the moon

All the heavens would call their angels 'round

Stop the tears from troubled skies from falling

If ever the river could whisper your name

Would the choices you make still be the same

Like a flower that dies from angry rain

Why do we hurt ourselves?

Where is the love.......

Posted

That was beautiful. John Legend was wasted and the less talented singer of the lot. But the other 3 sounded amazing. And now I don’t have to bother watching the broadcast just to see that 3 1/2 min song at the end. My night is free!

 

Glad it leaked early.

  • Like 3
Posted

1) Celine looks and sounds great, this is a higher key than the one she's been doing live no?

 

2) John legend sounds terrible lol

 

3) Gaga really doesn't fit this song

 

4) Agreed with Tyler, arrangement is horrid

 

5) Andrea and Celine should've just done it :/

 

Same key as on tour.

  • Like 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted

 

Hopefully we get another performance with that nice set up

 

I mean... it is supposedly a “global” event, and with Gaga curating, if she really wanted to do something interesting with Celine that would make sense for them both, it would be Vie en rose. 🤷‍♀️

  • Like 3
Posted

Nice performance but I do agree that John legend sounded odd

 

Celine sounded amazing!

 

Kev x

  • Like 3
Posted

She was perfect. From the vocals to how lovely she looked. The key was higher it seems yes. And she is so vocally perfect and above all on this song. And s’it sounds so effortless.

 

Don t really get the arrangements they made but whatever globally this is absolutely all positive and lovely.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
The tempo is a bit fast. It’s better if only Céline and Andrea with the normal tempo. It’s like they don’t know if the piano will be slower or faster at the climax part. Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 1
Posted

Oooooh if only :wub:

 

John was only there because he needed to be. He was so bored.

 

 

 

 

I mean... it is supposedly a “global” event, and with Gaga curating, if she really wanted to do something interesting with Celine that would make sense for them both, it would be Vie en rose. 🤷‍♀️

Posted

This marks the first time andrea has sang with celine in this key. While celine has been in this key since 2008, she has raised it for andrea in both 2011 and 2015.

 

The oscar performance 1999 is still the only original key performance.

 

I believe world children's day 2002, and both her 2011 and 2015 with andrea was -1.

 

And tcwt, vegas, and courage tour as well i think 2008 cbs special and this are -2.

 

I may be wrong lol.

  • Like 2
Posted

This marks the first time andrea has sang with celine in this key. While celine has been in this key since 2008, she has raised it for andrea in both 2011 and 2015.

 

The oscar performance 1999 is still the only original key performance.

 

I believe world children's day 2002, and both her 2011 and 2015 with andrea was -1.

 

And tcwt, vegas, and courage tour as well i think 2008 cbs special and this are -2.

 

I may be wrong lol.

It is strange that the weird arrangement and faster tempo took me by surprise and made me think it was the higher key that she usually does with Andrea, or maybe that was just my brain playing tricks on me, mind you had it been the higher key both Gaga and Legend would’ve struggled more to keep up

Posted (edited)
1587237547[/url]' post='2381329']

This marks the first time andrea has sang with celine in this key. While celine has been in this key since 2008, she has raised it for andrea in both 2011 and 2015.

 

The oscar performance 1999 is still the only original key performance.

 

I believe world children's day 2002, and both her 2011 and 2015 with andrea was -1.

 

And tcwt, vegas, and courage tour as well i think 2008 cbs special and this are -2.

 

I may be wrong lol.

 

Don’t the TCWT and Vegas count as singing with him though? They weren’t any closer in this performance.

Edited by Céline RO
The best is yet to come...
Posted
I liked everything about the performance except John Legend. He was absolutely useless and pointless during this song. He should never have been part of it.
  • Like 7
Posted
Celine never fail , she was flawless...but that piano rendition and John Legend in his stairs plus the shortening of the song made it as we predicted.. a big mess.
  • Like 1
Posted
Omg she looks and sounds amazing :wub: that’s our girl! I’m glad it leaked early, what a beautiful performance. I just wish John Legend wasn’t there. He didn’t look like he prepped for the performance and frankly I don’t think he warmed up either. Gaga was good, and the part with Celine and Andrea was beautiful! :heart:
  • Like 1

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

John Legend's part is truly awful

 

The sound quality of his performance was bad, he kept looking down at the lyric, and his parts were just out of place.

 

Maybe a trio would have been better...

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Jay7180/im_13.jpg
Posted
Also the belting part at the climax for céline is like the volume was toned down
Posted
Celine was very nice and sounds great. Dont like Gaga part much. Agree about John Legend. He was useless.
  • Like 1
http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted (edited)
But my wish was granted. Céline’s mic is not DRY! She sounded flawless. That’s what they should do from now on. Edited by jpatdeleon09
  • Like 3
Posted
Everyone keeps saying how bad John Legend’s part was but he annoyed me less than Lady Gaga. They both seemed a bit third (and fourth) wheel but if I were to choose who to kick out first, it would be Gaga.
  • Like 2
The best is yet to come...
Posted

So is this it?

 

Do you think there will be more Celine material on tonight's broadcast?

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh275/Jay7180/im_13.jpg
Posted
Great! Good to see and hear her.

Amsterdam 18-06-1997 - Amsterdam 14-06-1999 - London 10-07-1999 - Antwerpen 14-05-2008 - Antwerpen 21-11-2013 - Las Vegas 10-10-2015 - Paris 09-07-2016 - Arnhem 23-06-2017

Posted

Celine sounded amazing!! :wub2: I think this break will do wonders for her voice :giggle: I say... let's record the new French album! :shifty: very happy to hear her sing.

 

 

john Legend deffo was out of place here. Who the F thought that would work?! He seems bored and uninspired.Lady Gaga sounded better on the track than I expected, but she had to push.

 

As a Celine fan, I am proud that she is considered (not for the first time) to be the best for last. :wub2:

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 7


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)
1587238394[/url]' post='2381342']

So is this it?

 

Do you think there will be more Celine material on tonight's broadcast?

 

No, there will likely no more Celine content. The event isn’t about Celine. It’s one of those events where everyone comes out and does one number. Like the 9/11 show.

Edited by couldawouldashoulda
Posted
Celine should do a vocal from home more often lol.
  • Like 5
Posted

Celine sounded amazing!! :wub2: I think this break will do wonders for her voice :giggle: I say... let's record the new French album! :shifty: very happy to hear her sing.

 

 

john Legend deffo was out of place here. Who the F thought that would work?! He seems bored and uninspired.Lady Gaga sounded better on the track than I expected, but she had to push.

 

As a Celine fan, I am proud that she is considered (not for the first time) to be the best for last. :wub2:

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

 

I know we can’t judge over a couple minutes of singing but to me she actually sounded not quite as strong as on tour. Her vibrato was not that defined on the C5 in the climax and overall she sounded a bit not warmed up enough. Her tone was gorgeous though!

The best is yet to come...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...