Jump to content

Confirmed! One World, Together at Home - TV and online special April 18th, 2020


Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anyone think Celine will be added to this list of performers??

 

 

Gaga and Hugh Evans, CEO of Global Citizen, also announced that the special, One World: Together At Home, will air on April 18 at 8 p.m. ET simultaneously on ABC, NBC, CBS, iHeartMedia and Bell Media networks. It will also stream live on several online platforms, including YouTube, Apple, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

 

Gaga said she plans to raise more money, but explained that the special is not a fundraiser.

 

 

"We want to highlight the gravity of this historical, unprecedented cultural movement ... and we want to celebrate and encourage the power of the human spirit," she said.

 

"Put your wallets away," she said. "Sit back and enjoy the show you all deserve."

 

THE LATEST Coronavirus: What's happening in Canada and around the world April 6

Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel will host One World: Together At Home, which will also include appearances by:

 

Paul McCartney

Elton John

Stevie Wonder

Billie Eilish and her brother Finneas

Alanis Morissette

David Beckham

John Legend

Eddie Vedder

Kerry Washington

Coldplay's Chris Martin

Lizzo

Green Day's Billy Joe Armstrong

J Balvin

Andrea Bocelli

Maluma

Priyanka Chopra Jonas

Lang Lang

Kacey Musgraves

Shah Rukh Khan

Keith Urban

Burna Boy

Idris and Sabrina Elba, who both tested posted for coronavirus

  • Like 2
Posted

Sadly I don't think so. It's like she has vanished from the face of the earth :(

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 4


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
I really hope she does, unless Gaga wants to sing the prayer with Andrea and Celine is not invited lol
  • Like 1
Posted

I don't think Celine will take part in this event, unless she gets RC's help posting and filming a performance. Celine has always had her team posting and filming things for her, so she probably has no clue about all that stuff and doesn't want to know about it either. I think she's most likely already taken off her "Celine Dion" cap and has her mommy cap on right now. This is Celine's time to just relax and be with her kids. Celine has surely privately made some calls and had her people send donations. Honestly, I think Celine is the type of person who would have zero interest in putting on makeup and getting in front of a camera right now, let alone focusing on performing a song, filming, editing and whatever else goes into putting together a performance together like this.

 

It's all preference. I am just using this for an example, but there are those who don't mind going on tour or performing on award shows and stuff while pregnant. There is nothing wrong with that, but Celine would never dream of touring or performing onstage pregnant. Celine puts on her certain cap and then that's it, she focuses on that and nothing else. It's a preference. It's the same when thinking about this pandemic situation and how people have different preferences and ways of dealing then others. There are those celebrities who want to go on TV and perform to raise money and then there are other celebrities who just want to focus 100% on privacy, donating privately while staying as safe as they can behind closed doors. There is nothing wrong with either of these choices. Everyone is doing there part in there own ways that works best for them during this difficult time.

 

We will all see Celine again. This will pass eventually, but until then I suspect we won't see Celine at all, she has her full on mommy cap on right now and is doing her part to stay safe and flatten the curve in her own way. It would be nice if her name was added to the performers. It would surely be a surprise, but I highly suspect that she will just remain behind closed doors with her children in mommy mode until this is all over with.

  • Like 1

highfive.jpg

Posted (edited)

If she were going I think her name would appear in the list of participants.

 

Although her team used the #togetherathome tag yesterday. Has this been a popular hashtag before this virtual concert was announced?

Edited by maki_Dion-er
Posted
Honestly I can't understand why she is not doing anything unlike basically every other artist on Earth right now. Maybe she's still sick from that virus she caught in late February?
  • Like 2

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

Honestly I can't understand why she is not doing anything unlike basically every other artist on Earth right now. Maybe she's still sick from that virus she caught in late February?

 

Honestly, who in her home would be there to set up a broadcast from Celine? I can imagine she is hunkered down with her family and not much anyone else--as would be advisable in this quarantine time. It's her, her sons, and her sister?

 

Sadly, I can't imagine Celine just clicking "Instagram Live" on her phone.

  • Like 1
Posted
She's not listed as one of the participants. She is clearly nod doing this.
Posted

Honestly, who in her home would be there to set up a broadcast from Celine? I can imagine she is hunkered down with her family and not much anyone else--as would be advisable in this quarantine time. It's her, her sons, and her sister?

 

Sadly, I can't imagine Celine just clicking "Instagram Live" on her phone.

 

It's not that hard to record herself with her phone and post the video on social media. She could even send the video to her team via WhatsApp so they can post it :mellow:

  • Like 2

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

The same method they used when she canceled more shows in Montreal last year.

 

But only than she can record something. While that video message was absolutely something totally unnecessary.

Now she cancels a whole leg (for now) and they just post a text. Nothing more.

It didn't even had a word about the virus.

 

 

 

Honestly, who in her home would be there to set up a broadcast from Celine? I can imagine she is hunkered down with her family and not much anyone else--as would be advisable in this quarantine time. It's her, her sons, and her sister?

 

Sadly, I can't imagine Celine just clicking "Instagram Live" on her phone.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
I know she is not a technology freak, but RC could just tape the message for her. It's simple. Edited by comingback
  • Like 2
Posted

It's not that hard to record herself with her phone and post the video on social media. She could even send the video to her team via WhatsApp so they can post it :mellow:

 

You'd think at least RC knows how to do that! And surely Céline can't be a total digital illiterate :doh:

  • Like 2


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted (edited)

Imagine Céline doing TikTok and imagine her practising for TikTok lol

 

Céline doing Dalgona challenge haha Imagine her whisking for 20 minutes (i'm sure during the process of whisking she's singing also) haha

Edited by jpatdeleon09
Posted
Maybe she is worried that she doesn’t have the correct playback to sing TPOL
  • Like 7

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted (edited)

Maybe she is worried that she doesn’t have the correct playback to sing TPOL

 

Or ABM :sofunny:

Edited by comingback
  • Like 1
Posted

Maybe she is worried that she doesn’t have the correct playback to sing TPOL

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 3
Posted
1586346501[/url]' post='2380518']

You'd think at least RC knows how to do that! And surely Céline can't be a total digital illiterate :doh:

 

I remember Céline saying once that she often gets frustrated because her kids are doing something cute and she doesn’t know how to film it :laugh:

  • Like 1
The best is yet to come...
Posted (edited)

It would be the first time she would not do anything during a crisis and while I respect her and the fact she doesn't have To prove anything anymore...it would make me very sad that she doesnt use her art and talent To comfort her fans during these shitty times.

 

I still have hope ..but something tells me Lady Gaga gonna take that occasion To sing her favorite Celine song with Andrea Bocelli as she always tells in interviews. The prayer is a must now

Edited by manolo19
  • Like 2
Posted
Well I was just thinking it seems like something she would do- she did perform for the "Tribute to Heroes" during 9/11. Unless GAga was too stunned to ask her. Who knows
Posted (edited)

 

 

You'd think at least RC knows how to do that! And surely Céline can't be a total digital illiterate :doh:

I agree. She cant be that clueless - Even if she didnt know how to record a video, surely she has enough members of her team that could easily make this happen - even if they cant be there in person!! Edited by superstar85ca
  • Like 1
Posted

It would be the first time she would not do anything during a crisis and while I respect her and the fact she doesn't have To prove anything anymore...it would make me very sad that she doesnt use her art and talent To comfort her fans during these shitty times.

 

I still have hope ..but something tells me Lady Gaga gonna take that occasion To sing her favorite Celine song with Andrea Bocelli as she always tells in interviews. The prayer is a must now

 

 

Yep, they should sing The Prayer. Celine we are counting on you.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Even in a pandemic, Lady Gaga is one of the most annoying personalities in the world.

 

 

I don't know enough about Lady Gaga to know if I agree, but you certainly made me laugh.

 

I do think though that it she chooses to keep her head down whilst she is in lockdown that is up to her. She has been ill herself, spent a lot of time away from the kids recently and I would imagine is still grieving her recently deceased mum.

 

Fair enough if she'd rather have this time to herself.

Edited by RosieBarron
  • Like 3
Posted

Even in a pandemic, Lady Gaga is one of the most annoying personalities in the world.

 

That made me laugh too. I can’t understand how can anyone find a tiny bit of authenticity in this woman. Never saw such an apparent pushful and annoying woman.

 

To pretend I stay in the topic I do wish she would do something concerning this crisis. Even something discret but just to know at least that she did something. 😌

  • Like 3
Posted

Even in a pandemic, Lady Gaga is one of the most annoying personalities in the world.

 

I really dislike her, but just curious, why did you say that?

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
Maybe RC isn't even there? He is 19 after all. Celine said she's with her kids, but she could have meant just Nelson and Eddy. RC could be staying at a friends house or with his girlfriend. Celine seems to have a pretty easy going parenting style and lets RC do what he wants for the most part, so maybe he's hunkered down somewhere else with friends and with his girlfriend too. I was thinking of this last night and it would be pretty unfair for him not to be able to see his girlfriend for months on end. Could explain why Celine isn't making any video messages from home.

highfive.jpg

Posted

Maybe RC isn't even there? He is 19 after all. Celine said she's with her kids, but she could have meant just Nelson and Eddy. RC could be staying at a friends house or with his girlfriend. Celine seems to have a pretty easy going parenting style and lets RC do what he wants for the most part, so maybe he's hunkered down somewhere else with friends and with his girlfriend too. I was thinking of this last night and it would be pretty unfair for him not to be able to see his girlfriend for months on end. Could explain why Celine isn't making any video messages from home.

I was thinking the same thing. I cant see RC being home with his Mom and brothers. But I suppose they have a huge home and property. He may have his own wing in the house where he is with friends or his girlfriend. Just guessing here of course.
  • Like 1
Posted
she know what she doing with these phones,, when she takes it out of ppl hands to take a photo ,So there no reason why she cant do this
Posted

she know what she doing with these phones,, when she takes it out of ppl hands to take a photo ,So there no reason why she cant do this

 

She so knows. She likes to lie and exaggerate on these things. She was even joking about doing the Vegas shows through facetime when she had the back injury. And how many times has she mentioned skyping with the twins when she's traveling?

 

It's just a fact of accepting that if she doesn't do these live online stuff it's because she has no interest, not necessarily (or only) because she doesn't know how to do it.

 

Honestly, if she ever goes live I'd rather it be for a fan q&a than a group celebrity concert where we'll see her for 1 minute. But that's just my preference.

 

Ofc, I also wouldn't be opposed to her joining this special but I don't see it happening. Besides guests have already been announced.

  • Like 2
Posted
I have a feeling that the reason why she NOT going to do any if this , is because she doesn"t like to sing at home with her kids are Home, I remember her saying they don"t like hearing her sing at home,, So maybe that:s the reason why she sill never do anything like these type of show at home

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...