nuts2you Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:30 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:30 PM well I ve been waiting a Forum Party , LETS see who shows up for this , Quote
manu23 Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:32 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:32 PM How can some people still complain? This will be a great exposure for Celine, probably one of the biggest music events of the year, with some of the most relevant artists right now. Which proves she is still one of the big names in the industry. She is not there to promote her new music, it’s not the place or the time, but at least she is doing one of her own songs, what else do you want? 5 Quote
PuraVida Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:32 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:32 PM How are all you complainers overlooking the sheer fact that Céline will be singing with some of the biggest stars in the world? You couldn’t ask for a better tie-in. Think of all the people who have still never heard “The Prayer” who are now going to start streaming the original version!! The more traffic she gets on her streaming pages, the more chances people will seek out her newer music. This might end up being the best exposure she’s had (for her music) since “Ashes”. And as far as ensemble performances go, I can’t think of a single one where she didn’t shine (I happen to love the performance of “Earth Song”). Remember World Children’s Day? When she came out on stage at the last minute and absolutely decimated the song? Obviously it’s not 2002, but my point is that it’s not the quantity of time she gets but the quality of her performance. You should know that by now, guys. Yeesh, I’m starting to think CD fans are the biggest cry babies in all of diva fandom. PULL IT TOGETHER!!! I think she would’ve gotten the traffic regardless of whether they made it a mega-duet, and regardless of the song. I do like your point that she shines in any ensemble, but surely we can’t blame people for wanting as much Céline time as possible! Quote
ewan123 Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:38 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:38 PM Amen to this! Guys chill and get off yourselves. It doesn't matter what she sings or with who. This is an event for supporting humanity that faces one of the most challenging times of it's history. It's enough she participates. The cause is much more important than the way. Goodness. You must be hard to please. Writing it off before you you’ve heard a note. So many demands and expectations. So many people moaning about her not doing anything. Then she records a video. People moan that they dont like her kitchen, her Nespresso machine, her bun, the fact that she’s reading from cue cards. The woman cannot win. And now this. The Prayer. With Gaga. In the 2 hour broadcast bit. She should have sang Water from the Moon because that’s what you all seem to want or need from her. 1 Quote
ehild Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:53 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:53 PM I'm a little late to this thread and I've seen the rumors floating around: have we actually confirmed from a credible source what song she's singing? And if other people are guest starring in said song? Just curious where it's all coming from because I can't find any legit article stating any of this stuff everyone seems to be so upset over. Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
PuraVida Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:01 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:01 PM I'm a little late to this thread and I've seen the rumors floating around: have we actually confirmed from a credible source what song she's singing? And if other people are guest starring in said song? Just curious where it's all coming from because I can't find any legit article stating any of this stuff everyone seems to be so upset over. The twitter page PopCrave, which seems reputable, tweeted about it. Quote
JulienMcbeal Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:03 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:03 PM As usual, people complaining about people who complain...Shaming them for being cry babies... while being themselves crying babies!Don't you see it's the same thing? So funny. 2 Quote Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
Thomas Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:20 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:20 PM The live stream on YouTube has the artists broken down by what hour they will perform in. But Celine isn't even listed. Rude! Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:27 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:27 PM Best till last? Quote
scielle Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:40 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:40 PM The live stream on YouTube has the artists broken down by what hour they will perform in. But Celine isn't even listed. Rude!Because she’s not on the pre-televised live-stream. She’s on the broadcast. 1 Quote
scielle Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:41 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:41 PM I'm a little late to this thread and I've seen the rumors floating around: have we actually confirmed from a credible source what song she's singing? And if other people are guest starring in said song? Just curious where it's all coming from because I can't find any legit article stating any of this stuff everyone seems to be so upset over. Confirmed by Lang Lang. Quote
Thomas Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:43 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 04:43 PM Oh I see, I thought the TV broadcast was just going to cut to the stream and show a couple of hours of it, rather than having the whole thing be on TV. Quote
Chantemoi Posted April 18, 2020 at 05:07 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 05:07 PM As usual, people complaining about people who complain...Shaming them for being cry babies... while being themselves crying babies!Don't you see it's the same thing? So funny. I’m having a hard time understanding how anyone can equate the two: they are NOT the same thing. One side is being negative, nitpicking, and making it all about their own interests over what the artist(s) envisions, and the other side is seeing the situation from a postitive, big-picture perspective in which all of humanity wins because we get a performance from our favourite singer. But I suppose you’re above it all... must be nice 👍 1 Quote
Jenni005 Posted April 18, 2020 at 05:19 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 05:19 PM I'm assuming she will be on at start or end eith gaga since gaga has organised the whole thing? As I too looked and didn't see celine name but gaga isnt on it either Quote
Tyler1991 Posted April 18, 2020 at 05:46 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 05:46 PM I just find four people on one song to be too much. But we'll see. Obviously I'll still watch. 5 Quote
Jenni005 Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:08 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:08 PM It says in an article that in the last segment has celine, lady gaga on it so I'm assuming it will be the last one Quote
AdrienneM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:14 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:14 PM Screen grabs of a monitor showing frames of the footage have been leaked. However, thank god, No actual footage has been leaked. https://twitter.com/domainofchaos/status/1251554298015571968?s=21 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:21 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:21 PM Screen grabs of a monitor showing frames of the footage have been leaked. However, thank god, No actual footage has been leaked. https://twitter.com/domainofchaos/status/1251554298015571968?s=21 Wow so its over before 4 minutes and doesn't even start until at least after 32 seconds....so in other words we're shortening a song we are adding two people too??? 3 Quote
zuv Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:26 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:26 PM Who’s excited for tonight?!? I got my red bottle, the opener and my glass ready in the living room. 3 Quote
AdrienneM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:41 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:41 PM (edited) Wow so its over before 4 minutes and doesn't even start until at least after 32 seconds....so in other words we're shortening a song we are adding two people too??? Seems like it. Yep from the time duration in the upper corner it seems the song has been shortened by a whole minute and a half Edited April 18, 2020 at 06:44 PM by AdrienneM Quote
Thomas Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:41 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:41 PM The song is on YouTube I noticed. Quote
anewdayhascome Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:47 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:47 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCfOnjQMH1E 7 Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
scielle Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:50 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:50 PM That was lovely!Glad to see Celine has a grand at home... wonder if she plays it. Now’s the time to practice, Celine! All that extra time... (Also, she clearly hasn’t gotten over her love of white furniture!) 1 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:57 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:57 PM Just watched on youtube.1. Glad im now free tonight. Lol2. Celine sounded great. 3. Arrangement sucked. Cutting out the second verse as well as part of the ending was way too much.4. Glad celine had the more impressive vocal parts.5. Josh groban would have been a much better choice than john legend who was oddly omitted from the end and had like five words all song. 6. Love love gaga but the entire things seemed outta place. She still sounded great. Just not how i envisioned her and celine together. 4 Quote
karatedude317 Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:57 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 06:57 PM I can’t believe this leaked out already! I almost don’t want to watch it yet (but I probably will) Quote
Popular Post Alex_Incognito Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:01 PM Popular Post Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:01 PM Gaga sounds like she’s the Broadway chorus girl dubbed understudy that gets to come out of hiding. Blech. John Legend Sounded like he was recorded on the phone. However Celine sounded beautiful. Wouldn’t it be great if we got a take of her just doing it solo? 8 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Céline RO Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:02 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:02 PM That was so epic! Also, Céline looks gorgeous! I’m glad she got the lead part she deserves. 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
comingback Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:03 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:03 PM Celine and Bocelli were amazing, as always. But Gaga and Legend were out of place, Sorry. 6 Quote
superstar85ca Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:05 PM Author Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:05 PM Well I'm just gonna say it - I could have done without GaGa sticking her face in there at odd times throughout the song. - however they did a lovely job. Celines voice has the best tone of any female vocalist and its plain to see in this video. Glad she was a part of it and she looked beautiful and sounded beautiful. 6 Quote
karatedude317 Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:06 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:06 PM I watched the video with the sound off lol, figured I’d save some excitement for tonight. Celine does look awesome. Yes she has the bun but at least it’s not blonde 👱♀️ Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.