Nmj Posted April 17, 2020 at 11:12 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 11:12 PM Now that I think about it, wouldn’t “Ashes” be fitting lyrics for a solo song if she does one? 2 Quote
fred Posted April 17, 2020 at 11:32 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 11:32 PM (edited) Neat idea. However she doensn't perform Ashes anymore and there's something fishy about that. My guess is that there has probably been an argument about money where her team refused to agree to some new terms hense dropping it all together (not sure if these things occur, people who have better knowledge how things work feel free to comment). It would be a very natural part of the tour. To me it's quite evident something has happened. Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here but maybe we shouldn't expect more performances than TP? I mean so we wont get disapointed. Now that I think about it, wouldn’t “Ashes” be fitting lyrics for a solo song if she does one? Edited April 17, 2020 at 11:33 PM by fred 1 Quote Peace and love to all.
scielle Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:36 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:36 AM Plus some nobody on the piano from Asia?!? Excuse me?!?! 2 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:37 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:37 AM Neat idea. However she doensn't perform Ashes anymore and there's something fishy about that. My guess is that there has probably been an argument about money where her team refused to agree to some new terms hense dropping it all together (not sure if these things occur, people who have better knowledge how things work feel free to comment). It would be a very natural part of the tour. To me it's quite evident something has happened. Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here but maybe we shouldn't expect more performances than TP? I mean so we wont get disapointed.Blake, Ryan's wife, probably heard the monologue one too many times and BAM!, no more Ashes. 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelineDionFreak Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:49 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:49 AM Blake, Ryan's wife, probably heard the monologue one too many times and BAM!, no more Ashes. Hey now, Celine can’t be stealing my thunder! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
MalaysiaCeline Posted April 18, 2020 at 01:07 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 01:07 AM Just to clarify celine will be physically present at the concert or all artist will be streaming n duet from their home? Which is which? 2 Quote http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/29945/2002084162406147433_rs.jpg "Taking Chances"...All Malaysian pls standby for the best album release in the year of 2007....
Popular Post scielle Posted April 18, 2020 at 01:11 AM Popular Post Posted April 18, 2020 at 01:11 AM I'm just grateful she's well. She was so exposed... still doing concerts here in New York in early/mid March when this thing was already going rampant but just before we started locking things down. Lots of asymptomatic spreading was going on around NYC in that week. She was out there high-fiving, hugging, autograph-signing, selfie-posing, meet-and-greeting with hundreds of people, including at Barclays Center, where many tested positive just days later and they had to do a massive deep-clean of the place. For a career singer, who relies so much on her lungs, a severe respiratory illness like this could easily be a career killer. So glad she's OK. Don't care if we only see her for 20 seconds. I'm just glad she's well and is participating. 10 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted April 18, 2020 at 01:21 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 01:21 AM I'm just grateful she's well. She was so exposed... still doing concerts here in New York in early/mid March when this thing was already going rampant but just before we started locking things down. Lots of asymptomatic spreading was going on around NYC in that week. She was out there high-fiving, hugging, autograph-signing, selfie-posing, meet-and-greeting with hundreds of people, including at Barclays Center, where many tested positive just days later and they had to do a massive deep-clean of the place. For a career singer, who relies so much on her lungs, a severe respiratory illness like this could easily be a career killer. So glad she's OK. Don't care if we only see her for 20 seconds. I'm just glad she's well and is participating. I’ve thought of her because of that as well as myself. I was at all 3 of those Barclays Center show as well as the first Newark show. NYC shut down one week later. I’ve been quarantined in my apt praying I don’t show any symptoms. Now that it’s been over a month Celine and I should both be safe from those exposures at least! 4 Quote
manolo19 Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:15 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:15 AM I knew Gaga would absolutely want to perform the prayer ...now the song is divided in 4 parts , I hope Celine gets To shine and doesn't leave everything for Gaga . I would have taken the solo version , this is gonna be like the earth song mess .. 1 Quote
fred Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:54 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:54 AM (edited) They are only 4 singers. Earth song had what - 25? I knew Gaga would absolutely want to perform the prayer ...now the song is divided in 4 parts , I hope Celine gets To shine and doesn't leave everything for Gaga . I would have taken the solo version , this is gonna be like the earth song mess .. Edited April 18, 2020 at 02:54 AM by fred 1 Quote Peace and love to all.
manolo19 Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:02 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:02 AM They are only 4 singers. Earth song had what - 25? I know I just feel she Will have her 30 seconds To sing and That's it...unless they do 2 duets shallow and the prayer for 4 singers now we're talking ! 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:37 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:37 AM I knew Gaga would absolutely want to perform the prayer ...now the song is divided in 4 parts , I hope Celine gets To shine and doesn't leave everything for Gaga . I would have taken the solo version , this is gonna be like the earth song mess .. “OooooooooOoo AhhhaaaaHhhhhaaaaahhhaaaaaaaa” 🌎 🎶 1 Quote
AdrienneM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:38 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:38 AM Neat idea. However she doensn't perform Ashes anymore and there's something fishy about that. My guess is that there has probably been an argument about money where her team refused to agree to some new terms hense dropping it all together (not sure if these things occur, people who have better knowledge how things work feel free to comment). It would be a very natural part of the tour. To me it's quite evident something has happened. Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here but maybe we shouldn't expect more performances than TP? I mean so we wont get disapointed. She always does it with new songs, they never last more than a year in her concerts. Love Me Back To Life, How Does A Moment Last Forever, Ashes... Recovering was the only one that out lasted the 1 year curse, but that song obviously had and still has deep meaning to her Quote
Tyler1991 Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:35 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:35 AM No longer looking forward to this. Huge fan of gaga. Thought i had two great performances to look forward too. Now i will have one hot mess. 3 Quote
Angel2006 Posted April 18, 2020 at 09:02 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 09:02 AM Wow. This is quite a surprise. Celine isn't just singing, she's doing a multi duet! Amazing. I can't wait. I have a feeling this will be the big highlight of the night, not only for Celine fans but for the public and media interest as well! 4 Quote
guigafs15 Posted April 18, 2020 at 10:56 AM Posted April 18, 2020 at 10:56 AM I don't care much about Gaga. Was kinda excited to see Celine singing the solo version of The Prayer in a live event. And, as a fan, it's a little disappointing. It's a very long event, several hours, with so many artists. I think she will get lost among all of them, specially now that she's sharing a 4 minutes song with 3 others. But, as a human, I recognize that this whole thing is bigger them her. Just glad to see her being part of it and I hope that everything goes beautifully. 3 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:07 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:07 PM No longer looking forward to this. Huge fan of gaga. Thought i had two great performances to look forward too. Now i will have one hot mess. Can we just see what happens before making a decision? Gaga doesn’t usually disappoint with her appearances, can’t see this will be any different. Kev x 4 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:11 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:11 PM Well, I’m still sure they will watch it. They can’t go anywhere since it’s lockdown lol Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:24 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 12:24 PM I don't care much about Gaga. Was kinda excited to see Celine singing the solo version of The Prayer in a live event. And, as a fan, it's a little disappointing. It's a very long event, several hours, with so many artists. I think she will get lost among all of them, specially now that she's sharing a 4 minutes song with 3 others. But, as a human, I recognize that this whole thing is bigger them her. Just glad to see her being part of it and I hope that everything goes beautifully. It’s only 2 hours long. I guarantee you most people won’t be tuning in for the 6 hour internet-only portion. And, if they are, it will be a completely different demographic than watches the two hour televised portion. (That may be on the internet also, I don’t know. I’ll just watch the 2 hours on my TV on NBC or ABC.) Quote
fred Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:11 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:11 PM (edited) Ok you got a point. But Ashes was different coz it was her first "hit" in ages with somewhat viral music video. It could almost deserve to be added to her canon of standards. She used this song to promote the tour on both Kimmel and the Ace Hotel event (with hauntigly beautiful intros). Kinda makes you think it would be in the tour right? People were thinking “will it be on the new album or not“. Tour starts then BAM nowhere to be found. I think there must be another reason than "oh the time span for this song ran out, domage!" She always does it with new songs, they never last more than a year in her concerts. Love Me Back To Life, How Does A Moment Last Forever, Ashes... Recovering was the only one that out lasted the 1 year curse, but that song obviously had and still has deep meaning to her Edited April 18, 2020 at 02:12 PM by fred 3 Quote Peace and love to all.
fred Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:14 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:14 PM I have a good feeling about this too. I am quite sure this performance will show up in different medias when they sum up this event. Wow. This is quite a surprise. Celine isn't just singing, she's doing a multi duet! Amazing. I can't wait. I have a feeling this will be the big highlight of the night, not only for Celine fans but for the public and media interest as well! 2 Quote Peace and love to all.
ordinary fan Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:14 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:14 PM I hope someone will upload the performance when it aired 1 Quote
Del Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:19 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:19 PM No longer looking forward to this. Huge fan of gaga. Thought i had two great performances to look forward too. Now i will have one hot mess.One hot mess is better than none... I'm just happy she'll be there. Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk 2 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:29 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:29 PM I hope someone will upload the performance when it aired It will be on YouTube, Apple Music and more Quote
stevo Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:41 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:41 PM (edited) No longer looking forward to this. Huge fan of gaga. Thought i had two great performances to look forward too. Now i will have one hot mess. Goodness. You must be hard to please. Writing it off before you you’ve heard a note. So many demands and expectations. So many people moaning about her not doing anything. Then she records a video. People moan that they dont like her kitchen, her Nespresso machine, her bun, the fact that she’s reading from cue cards. The woman cannot win. And now this. The Prayer. With Gaga. In the 2 hour broadcast bit. She should have sang Water from the Moon because that’s what you all seem to want or need from her. Edited April 18, 2020 at 02:43 PM by stevo 2 Quote
karatedude317 Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:45 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:45 PM Love this Goodness. You must be hard to please. Writing it off before you you’ve heard a note. So many demands and expectations. So many people moaning about her not doing anything. Then she records a video. People moan that they dont like her kitchen, her Nespresso machine, her bun, the fact that she’s reading from cue cards. The woman cannot win. And now this. The Prayer. With Gaga. In the 2 hour broadcast bit. She should have sang Water from the Moon because that’s what you all seem to want or need from her. Quote
karatedude317 Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:45 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:45 PM Love this Goodness. You must be hard to please. Writing it off before you you’ve heard a note. So many demands and expectations. So many people moaning about her not doing anything. Then she records a video. People moan that they dont like her kitchen, her Nespresso machine, her bun, the fact that she’s reading from cue cards. The woman cannot win. And now this. The Prayer. With Gaga. In the 2 hour broadcast bit. She should have sang Water from the Moon because that’s what you all seem to want or need from her. Quote
TiagoFragoso05 Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:57 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 02:57 PM Its gonna be great.. i like gaga.. also a great spotlight for celine.. lets see what happens:) Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk 1 Quote Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg
Chantemoi Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:06 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:06 PM (edited) How are all you complainers overlooking the sheer fact that Céline will be singing with some of the biggest stars in the world? You couldn’t ask for a better tie-in. Think of all the people who have still never heard “The Prayer” who are now going to start streaming the original version!! The more traffic she gets on her streaming pages, the more chances people will seek out her newer music. This might end up being the best exposure she’s had (for her music) since “Ashes”. And as far as ensemble performances go, I can’t think of a single one where she didn’t shine (I happen to love the performance of “Earth Song”). Remember World Children’s Day? When she came out on stage at the last minute and absolutely decimated the song? Obviously it’s not 2002, but my point is that it’s not the quantity of time she gets but the quality of her performance. You should know that by now, guys. Yeesh, I’m starting to think CD fans are the biggest cry babies in all of diva fandom. PULL IT TOGETHER!!! Edited April 18, 2020 at 03:07 PM by Chantemoi 1 Quote
scielle Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:28 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 03:28 PM Yeesh, I’m starting to think CD fans are the biggest cry babies in all of diva fandom. PULL IT TOGETHER!!! Which is why it’s a good thing Celine developed a thick skin over the years. Also, a gentle reminder of this, from Gaga’s Vogue interview a few years ago -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.