incognito Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:33 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:33 AM Ok now I really, really don't get why John was part of the group! He is singing Stand By Me with Sam Smith. Maybe he wanted to be on a song with Celine. 1 Quote
yoyoma Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:34 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:34 AM It is inclusion thing, representative of color Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
Loup_garou Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:36 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:36 AM Ok now I really, really don't get why John was part of the group! He is singing Stand By Me with Sam Smith. It's his third appearance, including a Lipsync to a new song to promote *cringe* 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:38 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:38 AM Maybe he wanted to be on a song with Celine.Well he got his wish! Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:38 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:38 AM It's his third appearance, including a Lipsync to a new song to promote *cringe*He must have dirt on Gaga. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
manolo19 Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:43 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:43 AM John legend is at a piano now and sounding great. I wonder why he couldn’t do that with Celine? Or why did he get two appearances? Celine could have held her own without Andrea without any help, but I’m grateful she was asked to be on here at all Yes why did Andrea and Celine forced To have 2 unecessary singers plus a lyric piano player join in when they all had the chance To perform each one an entire song on their own . 4 Quote
guigafs15 Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:43 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 01:43 AM She's from New York, I think. I don't find Gaga a skilled vocalist at all. She was incredibly awful when she did the standards stuff with Tony Bennett. It was like she was trying to do a parody. So forced and not a natural.After Garland and Streisand doing A Star Is Born, Gaga messed up the lineage. She is rather insufferable. But I loved her first album. She seemed more real then. Exactly! I think commercially the movie went really well, so Gaga is in a good spot right now and everybody is acclaiming her as something that she actually isn't. She's a good pop artist. Should stick to that. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:00 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:00 AM Still so good to see her on TV. 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
MissHillCountry Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:02 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:02 AM I am a little biased but Celine just hit it out of the ballpark in comparison to all others. Yes, Elton and Keith were also very good, but Celine’s part tops it all (but could have done without John legend or Gaga...). I would have taken a Celine TP solo 😂 2 Quote
ajguerras Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:03 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:03 AM Legend was totally unnecessary there. And he was like lazy when singing. 4 Quote I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thingwww.twitter.com/ajguerras
JulienMcbeal Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:03 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:03 AM it was nice but way too shortened.Just cut Gaga & Legend, they bring nothing to it.The pianist, Andrea & Celine would have been perfection. Envoyé de mon W-V800-EEA en utilisant Tapatalk Quote Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
karatedude317 Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:04 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:04 AM Celine was great as was Andrea (I hope he’s ok) This would have been an even more beautiful ending with just the two of them and the original production 3 Quote
karatedude317 Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:05 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:05 AM They would have had more time if they would have left out the Muppets 🙄 it was nice but way too shortened.Just cut Gaga & Legend, they bring nothing to it.The pianist, Andrea & Celine would have been perfection. Envoyé de mon W-V800-EEA en utilisant Tapatalk 1 Quote
Nmj Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:05 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:05 AM (edited) I really liked Jennifer Lopez’s take on Barbras hit! Very surprised actually. Edited April 19, 2020 at 02:06 AM by Nmj 1 Quote
karatedude317 Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:08 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:08 AM I didn’t think she could sing like that! Btw Celine is getting rave reviews all over the Internet already I really liked Jennifer Lopez’s take on Barbras hit! Very surprised actually. 2 Quote
JulienMcbeal Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:09 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:09 AM I really liked Jennifer Lopezs take on Barbras hit! Very surprised actually.Yerk, she's nothing near Barbra!...okay, more objectivity now: I was surprised too, she sings it very nicely.I was afraid as she began, but it was lovely. Envoyé de mon W-V800-EEA en utilisant Tapatalk 1 Quote Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
sash546 Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:14 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:14 AM I thought Gaga was really good ❤️ and give John Legend a break , however neither one was needed. We needed the original arrangment, the full version, Andrea and Celine. Atleast it was the 'finale' that ended the TV broadcast. I still thinked it touched people, which was the point right? Can we talk about how those resonant belts and how she sustained the ending note for the longest time . No one does it better. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:17 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:17 AM We all just watched it as a family! My mom and grandma sat through the whole program but I’m like yeah no so I came down to watch it and everybody was touched. They were shocked Lady Gaga was so stripped down lol 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
rpopowski Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:24 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:24 AM (edited) Overall pretty good. Too bad parts of the song were cut, but better than no Celine appearance. Hoping for a real duet with Gaga eventually. This made me re-watch her performance from the tour 3 months ago, so good:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzDQ4PL_Jpk Edited April 19, 2020 at 02:26 AM by rpopowski 1 Quote
Charles Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:49 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:49 AM Just curious , imagine if she sang "I'm Your Angel". would it be bad idea? (because of association with R Kelly..this aside, it'd be a pretty good song choice) 1 Quote
mebe Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:51 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:51 AM My friends said that Celine saved the show! I agree! Hehe Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk 2 Quote
Nmj Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:57 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:57 AM (edited) Just curious , imagine if she sang "I'm Your Angel". would it be bad idea? (because of association with R Kelly..this aside, it'd be a pretty good song choice) I will forever think “I’m Your Angel” is a beautiful song. However not Just sung with r kelly but written and produced by him as well, it’s sad the song will now be forever dead. Edited April 19, 2020 at 02:57 AM by Nmj 2 Quote
flutefreak Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:59 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 02:59 AM Celine was beautiful, classy and perfect as usual! She sounded great and I'd really like to hear the entire song with just her and a piano. A more stripped back accompaniment with her vocals would sound amazing. Bonus points if it was done right there in her house. I agree I think the song is best with just her solo or as a duet with Andrea. But I'm not complaining about the others, they did the job they were meant to do and overall I think people were touched. 1 Quote
pat200 Posted April 19, 2020 at 03:03 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 03:03 AM Celine was great. Her and Andrea (who seemed to be singing quite fast btw) were a level above Gaga who did a good job. the key was a bit high for Gaga. Legend was so out of his league in that song. his voice can't handle such a song. he looked like an amateur. JLo attempting La Streisand's people is a joke. The autotune is disgusting and she didn't sound good at all. the voice was so processed. But she looked great as always. 2 Quote
rpopowski Posted April 19, 2020 at 03:16 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 03:16 AM (edited) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYJCYr1I-Sk Edited April 19, 2020 at 03:17 AM by rpopowski 2 Quote
scielle Posted April 19, 2020 at 03:28 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 03:28 AM Just curious , imagine if she sang "I'm Your Angel". would it be bad idea? (because of association with R Kelly..this aside, it'd be a pretty good song choice) Yes, it would be. Annoying song. Glad it's gone for good. 1 Quote
Popular Post scielle Posted April 19, 2020 at 03:31 AM Popular Post Posted April 19, 2020 at 03:31 AM (edited) They had a real live Beatle on that show. And Rolling Stones. And Stevie Wonder, and Elton John. Legends galore. And yet look at who they chose to close it all out.Everyone knows when the world needs a hug, Celine is exactly the balm that's needed. And of course she delivered, as she always does. (Oh, and she's trending worldwide, by the way.) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited April 19, 2020 at 03:33 AM by scielle 8 Quote
rpopowski Posted April 19, 2020 at 03:35 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 03:35 AM (edited) So true: https://twitter.com/celinebible/status/1251712538095435781 Wish it had been edited more like this: https://twitter.com/...620402023895041 Edited April 19, 2020 at 03:36 AM by rpopowski Quote
LVCeline Posted April 19, 2020 at 04:31 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 04:31 AM It was a little strange for me. Very disjointed. I can't stand John Legend normally so I couldn't think much less than I already do. Very unnecessary in this performance. The tempo got weird towards the end. Gaga was fine. I really wish it was just Celine and Andrea with a more subdued piano performance. I love Celine in a pant suit like that and I like her hair pulled back even though I think it ages her a bit. 1 Quote
george_matei Posted April 19, 2020 at 05:06 AM Posted April 19, 2020 at 05:06 AM They put the video on their official channel and John Legend is not mentioned.=)))) 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.