ryba Posted April 20, 2020 at 05:58 PM Posted April 20, 2020 at 05:58 PM (edited) John Legend should have not been part of this - he has not place next to Celine and Andrea. I found his part embarrassing.yes, and what bothers me too is that he performed one more time with Sam Smith on his piano with great video and sound quality all prepared, but for the performance with Celine he didn’t care at all. That’s quite ignorant. Edited April 20, 2020 at 05:59 PM by ryba 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 20, 2020 at 06:37 PM Posted April 20, 2020 at 06:37 PM It’s like John was included last minute 2 Quote
Céline RO Posted April 20, 2020 at 06:56 PM Posted April 20, 2020 at 06:56 PM (edited) 1587407865[/url]' post='2381653']It's like John was included last minute Probably was. Edited April 20, 2020 at 06:57 PM by Céline RO Quote The best is yet to come...
SantiagoColorado Posted April 20, 2020 at 11:02 PM Posted April 20, 2020 at 11:02 PM yes, and what bothers me too is that he performed one more time with Sam Smith on his piano with great video and sound quality all prepared, but for the performance with Celine he didn’t care at all. That’s quite ignorant. He had another high quality video performance during the livestream too Quote
smw Posted April 21, 2020 at 11:20 PM Posted April 21, 2020 at 11:20 PM (edited) I do really appreciate all the times she shows up to these events, stacked with A-listers, and reminds everyone who's boss. Always reliable. Like clockwork. I mean, it's gotten to the point she gets standing ovations before she even opens her mouth! (See: Aretha tribute.) BTW, currently trending #2 on YT, globally. Amen. It's a shame that she has to remind people who's THE singer alive today. People tend to get swept up in pop stars on the charts... Or folks simply tend to forget just how darn good Celine is. So I'm thankful that Celine shows up and reminds everyone from time to time how iconic she is. I really was just grateful that she showed up for this, and then it became THE moment of the show. I think we take her talent for granted sometimes, because she is so reliable. Celine is such a singular force -- and on top of her talent, her humbleness is very comforting to many people. Edited April 21, 2020 at 11:24 PM by smw Quote
smw Posted April 21, 2020 at 11:20 PM Posted April 21, 2020 at 11:20 PM Here's the video with Catherine's intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuq19lbyzeE Such an iconic moment. Catherine's intro is fabulous. Quote
PuraVida Posted April 22, 2020 at 12:22 AM Posted April 22, 2020 at 12:22 AM Was Celine slightly off-key when she sang the first "help" in the song? Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 22, 2020 at 12:25 AM Posted April 22, 2020 at 12:25 AM Was Celine slightly off-key when she sang the first "help" in the song? Nope Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 22, 2020 at 12:28 AM Posted April 22, 2020 at 12:28 AM Full version (with Audience and my fav actress Meryl Streep clapping at the end) I think they agree that this should have won hehe https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV13E411M7eo?from=search&seid=6785170222224459939 4 Quote
PuraVida Posted April 22, 2020 at 02:37 AM Posted April 22, 2020 at 02:37 AM Nope I meant on the broadcast from her home, not the Oscars performance Quote
Céline RO Posted April 22, 2020 at 05:59 AM Posted April 22, 2020 at 05:59 AM Was Celine slightly off-key when she sang the first "help" in the song? Yes, and the very first world “I” was a bit off-key as well. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 22, 2020 at 07:35 AM Posted April 22, 2020 at 07:35 AM I meant on the broadcast from her home, not the Oscars performance Ahhh i think so. It’s like a mucus stuck at her throat that needs a good coughing lol Quote
Jenni005 Posted April 22, 2020 at 09:20 AM Posted April 22, 2020 at 09:20 AM Just seen celine is also doing a performance for a Canadian version is this true? Quote
PuraVida Posted April 22, 2020 at 09:34 AM Posted April 22, 2020 at 09:34 AM (edited) Yes, and the very first world “I” was a bit off-key as well. :-( Edited April 22, 2020 at 09:35 AM by PuraVida Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 22, 2020 at 09:40 AM Posted April 22, 2020 at 09:40 AM It’s not a big deal. No one complained 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 22, 2020 at 03:34 PM Posted April 22, 2020 at 03:34 PM (edited) Part 2 of reactions https://youtu.be/J9vel_VDm2s https://youtu.be/_dArkxg9ot8 Edited April 22, 2020 at 03:39 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
PuraVida Posted April 22, 2020 at 04:49 PM Posted April 22, 2020 at 04:49 PM It’s not a big deal. No one complained Perfectionism is hard to kill lol. It’s just that we’ve reached past the days where Celine will never miss a note—even in the controlled environment of her home studio. And before anyone goes off, yes I know what the larger purpose of this song/event was. Quote
Ajax Posted April 22, 2020 at 05:19 PM Posted April 22, 2020 at 05:19 PM I don’t hear anything off key. I which I could. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 22, 2020 at 05:49 PM Posted April 22, 2020 at 05:49 PM Perfectionism is hard to kill lol. It’s just that we’ve reached past the days where Celine will never miss a note—even in the controlled environment of her home studio. And before anyone goes off, yes I know what the larger purpose of this song/event was. Actually, she has more off notes back in 2015-2017 (Especially her unnecessary runs at the end of MHWGO and in Mr. Paganini) than now Quote
PuraVida Posted April 22, 2020 at 11:03 PM Posted April 22, 2020 at 11:03 PM Actually, she has more off notes back in 2015-2017 (Especially her unnecessary runs at the end of MHWGO and in Mr. Paganini) than now Sorry btw if I was confusing. I meant, my perfectionism lol, in this case high expectations of Celine. That's good if she is getting less off-key, but I just meant that if it is her in-home, controlled studio you would hope/expect her best voice (assuming time of day and warm up). But everyday the voice is in a different shape, I get it. 1 Quote
Nmj Posted April 22, 2020 at 11:06 PM Posted April 22, 2020 at 11:06 PM Sorry btw if I was confusing. I meant, my perfectionism lol, in this case high expectations of Celine. That's good if she is getting less off-key, but I just meant that if it is her in-home, controlled studio you would hope/expect her best voice (assuming time of day and warm up). But everyday the voice is in a different shape, I get it. Well when I attended her courage tour in Cleveland, I was waiting for a bum note and nothing but perfection!She was so on fire that night! 3 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 23, 2020 at 06:58 AM Posted April 23, 2020 at 06:58 AM (edited) Me too! When i attended her summer tour last 2018 here in our country. Her voice sounds very powerful, so clear and consistent. No off key moments. Also, the electric guitar impersonation of céline. Amazing! So perfect. I remember the last part of IACBTMN (where she just keeps on repeating the words of IACBTMN) everyone including me was like WOAH! I got goosebumps! It’s very different when hearing it live than on fancam. It really decreases the sound quality on fancams and I don’t know why... there’s science happening on that.. also, you wouldn’t notice the transitions to pre recorded tracks. Her live voice really blends well to the pre recorded track In 6:05 everyone including got chills on that part.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds5FBNwFBbw Edited April 23, 2020 at 07:03 AM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 28, 2020 at 11:12 AM Posted April 28, 2020 at 11:12 AM I feel bad for John lol Quote
MaiconSC Posted April 29, 2020 at 12:45 AM Posted April 29, 2020 at 12:45 AM This is the best reaction of all...She points all the great techniques...And I am starting to really like the performance after all lol 1 Quote
browseceline Posted April 29, 2020 at 07:14 PM Posted April 29, 2020 at 07:14 PM So now Celine releases her official prayer audio with a thoughtful lyricvideo. Clever Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Bruno Portugal Posted April 29, 2020 at 07:39 PM Posted April 29, 2020 at 07:39 PM So now Celine releases her official prayer audio with a thoughtful lyricvideo. Clever Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk Beautiful!!! Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
scielle Posted May 6, 2020 at 07:17 PM Posted May 6, 2020 at 07:17 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 10, 2020 at 07:50 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 07:50 PM Oh so it’s best to sing near a staircase. He said it adds the natural reverb. Reaction 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:00 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:00 PM Oh so it's best to sing near a staircase. He said it adds the natural reverb. Reaction https://youtu.be/p9Nv5knSL7M I was waiting for him to react to something with Celine, as he is very meticulous. He seems to criticize her technique a bit. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.