jpatdeleon09 Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:20 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:20 PM I was waiting for him to react to something with Celine, as he is very meticulous. He seems to criticize her technique a bit. Exactly, like the one they did for Mariah. That’s why i like him to react more if Céline so we will know what’s good and bad with céline’s “new voice” and what techniques can be done in order to correct some if it. One thing is she needs to correct her pronunciation in english again. My huuurt will go urrrrn 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:28 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:28 PM Exactly, like the one they did for Mariah. That’s why i like him to react more if Céline so we will know what’s good and bad with céline’s “new voice” and what techniques can be done in order to correct some if it. One thing is she needs to correct her pronunciation in english again. My huuurt will go urrrrn Is there a reason we care about what this guy has to say about Celine’s voice? Is he some superstar vocal coach I’ve not heard about? 2 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:31 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:31 PM Never mind. I clicked on the video. This guy is a child. We shouldn’t care about what he thinks of Celine Dion’s voice. He’s just trying to get attention on YouTube. It’s a crazy world these days... 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:37 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:37 PM (edited) Is there a reason we care about what this guy has to say about Celine’s voice? Is he some superstar vocal coach I’ve not heard about? I don’t think he’s a super well known vocal coach. But he’s a vocal coach who i know... knows everything than we do. Just being curious to know more about this. There’s no harm with that I don’t think he’s trying to get an attention unlike otherssss.... you know scared to be bashed by the “fans” lol Edited May 10, 2020 at 08:49 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Ajax Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:38 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:38 PM I watched all the ones that Jpat posted. 😄 I love it. Well when it comes to real coaches. Did like this one. His eyes freaks me out and the guy praises GAga versatility while it is her weak point. Don’t get me wrong she is a fantastic musician and vocalist with a solid background. But her weak point is truly her lack of vocal versatility. She factually sounds the same singing jazz or Poker face or here the Prayer. She has the technic but is not able to change her tone and vocal dynamics. Her technic helps but she does not have this classical approach that Bocelli or Dion have even when she sings jazz. She is a good singer but in this song you can clearly make the difference with people like Bocelli or Dion Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:46 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 08:46 PM I watched all the ones that Jpat posted. 😄 I love it. Well when it comes to real coaches. Did like this one. His eyes freaks me out and the guy praises GAga versatility while it is her weak point. Don’t get me wrong she is a fantastic musician and vocalist with a solid background. But her weak point is truly her lack of vocal versatility. She factually sounds the same singing jazz or Poker face or here the Prayer. She has the technic but is not able to change her tone and vocal dynamics. Her technic helps but she does not have this classical approach that Bocelli or Dion have even when she sings jazz. She is a good singer but in this song you can clearly make the difference with people like Bocelli or Dion I haven’t heard her jazz singing. I only know her genre with songs like Bad Romance Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 10, 2020 at 09:13 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 09:13 PM I watched all the ones that Jpat posted. 😄 I love it. Well when it comes to real coaches. Did like this one. His eyes freaks me out and the guy praises GAga versatility while it is her weak point. Don’t get me wrong she is a fantastic musician and vocalist with a solid background. But her weak point is truly her lack of vocal versatility. She factually sounds the same singing jazz or Poker face or here the Prayer. She has the technic but is not able to change her tone and vocal dynamics. Her technic helps but she does not have this classical approach that Bocelli or Dion have even when she sings jazz. She is a good singer but in this song you can clearly make the difference with people like Bocelli or Dion Another thing that made me question him and why his opinion mattered. On my phone and can’t access the forum emoticons or I’d add the link-lipped laugh. Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 10, 2020 at 09:20 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 09:20 PM (edited) I don't think he's a super well known vocal coach. But he's a vocal coach who i know... knows everything than we do. Just being curious to know more about this. There's no harm with that I don't think he's trying to get an attention unlike otherssss.... you know scared to be bashed by the "fans" lol No harm. But also doesn't mean that you're getting appropriate information. Always check into a "vocal coach"'s background. Where did they study? How many years experience do they have? Who are their clients? I mean...anyone can go on YouTube and say "I'm a vocal coach. Here's my reaction." (Back to my computer. ) Edited May 10, 2020 at 09:20 PM by couldawouldashoulda Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 10, 2020 at 09:49 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 09:49 PM No harm. But also doesn't mean that you're getting appropriate information. Always check into a "vocal coach"'s background. Where did they study? How many years experience do they have? Who are their clients? I mean...anyone can go on YouTube and say "I'm a vocal coach. Here's my reaction." (Back to my computer. ) Usually, they have a link to their websites (you can see it on their channel under About) if you want to learn how to sing/if you want to be their client. Looking at his site now, he looks legit Anyways, i just want his opinion about Céline’s new voice. Curious of what technique that she’s using now that she learns maybe from her new vocal coach that they hired since 2015 (maybe hired by Aldo). Quote
rpopowski Posted May 10, 2020 at 10:43 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 10:43 PM (edited) nvm Edited May 10, 2020 at 10:43 PM by rpopowski Quote
PuraVida Posted May 10, 2020 at 11:00 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 11:00 PM (edited) No harm. But also doesn't mean that you're getting appropriate information. Always check into a "vocal coach"'s background. Where did they study? How many years experience do they have? Who are their clients? I mean...anyone can go on YouTube and say "I'm a vocal coach. Here's my reaction." (Back to my computer. ) You're very reasonable in what you're saying. Anyone on Youtube can claim anything without backing it up with proof--all just to get views and make a quick buck. However, I have only found probably 1-2 other vocal coach reactors on Youtube who actually provide detailed analysis like this guy does. I am no expert myself, but he does a lot more criticism and talk of vowels and placement, etc. He really does seem as though he knows what he's talking about. He does have 700k subscribers, so his point of view is worth checking out---even if you'd dismiss it. Just to know what the masses are hearing. Edited May 10, 2020 at 11:03 PM by PuraVida Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 10, 2020 at 11:25 PM Posted May 10, 2020 at 11:25 PM (edited) You're very reasonable in what you're saying. Anyone on Youtube can claim anything without backing it up with proof--all just to get views and make a quick buck. However, I have only found probably 1-2 other vocal coach reactors on Youtube who actually provide detailed analysis like this guy does. I am no expert myself, but he does a lot more criticism and talk of vowels and placement, etc. He really does seem as though he knows what he's talking about. He does have 700k subscribers, so his point of view is worth checking out---even if you'd dismiss it. Just to know what the masses are hearing. It’s just a different world now. I don’t understand (I don’t mean it cheekily/snarky - internet can’t always give the right tone) why anyone would care what someone on YouTube has to say about her voice. BUT I also don’t care how many YouTube or Spotify views her songs receive. So just brush off my ramblings as a middle-aged human who doesn’t get “these new-fangled contraptions.” (Pink-lipped laughing emoji. I’m back to my phone.) Also, I spent 5 1/2 hours today (no exaggeration) filling out a bazillion forms (that’s an exaggeration) for our financial advisor this afternoon and I kept coming on here to relax my mind. I feel as if I became more crotchety as the afternoon went on instead. Edited May 10, 2020 at 11:29 PM by couldawouldashoulda Quote
PuraVida Posted May 11, 2020 at 12:02 AM Posted May 11, 2020 at 12:02 AM It's just a different world now. I don't understand (I don't mean it cheekily/snarky - internet can't always give the right tone) why anyone would care what someone on YouTube has to say about her voice. BUT I also don't care how many YouTube or Spotify views her songs receive. So just brush off my ramblings as a middle-aged human who doesn't get "these new-fangled contraptions." (Pink-lipped laughing emoji. I'm back to my phone.) Also, I spent 5 1/2 hours today (no exaggeration) filling out a bazillion forms (that's an exaggeration) for our financial advisor this afternoon and I kept coming on here to relax my mind. I feel as if I became more crotchety as the afternoon went on instead. All perspectives are valid, and lord knows we need people who remember a world before technology took over. I think that the Youtube world is a sordid beast, but it has its good sides for fans like us...archival footage, etc. Normally I watch reaction videos to see other people enjoying Celine content, it's just pure entertainment. But I will admit that I have been wanting an in-depth analysis of Celine's voice that's not just "oh wow, she's so good!" Because her warbled moments do bother me personally, and since this guy *seems* to know what he's talking about, I've been wanting his perspective for a long time. And yes his eyes are also very scary. Hope your financial stuff gets sorted out in the best possible way! 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted May 11, 2020 at 05:25 AM Posted May 11, 2020 at 05:25 AM (edited) 1589147379[/url]' post='2383215']Usually, they have a link to their websites (you can see it on their channel under About) if you want to learn how to sing/if you want to be their client. Looking at his site now, he looks legit Anyways, i just want his opinion about Céline's new voice. Curious of what technique that she's using now that she learns maybe from her new vocal coach that they hired since 2015 (maybe hired by Aldo). I’m pretty sure she’s got an even newer vocal coach now. Edit: yes, in 2015 her coach was Monique Cardinal, now it’s Johanne Raby. Edited May 11, 2020 at 05:27 AM by Céline RO Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 11, 2020 at 06:59 AM Posted May 11, 2020 at 06:59 AM I’m pretty sure she’s got an even newer vocal coach now. Edit: yes, in 2015 her coach was Monique Cardinal, now it’s Johanne Raby. What? When did she changed her vocal coach? Quote
Céline RO Posted May 11, 2020 at 07:20 AM Posted May 11, 2020 at 07:20 AM What? When did she changed her vocal coach? Before 2018. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
ryba Posted May 13, 2020 at 07:10 PM Posted May 13, 2020 at 07:10 PM (edited) I’m pretty sure she’s got an even newer vocal coach now. Edit: yes, in 2015 her coach was Monique Cardinal, now it’s Johanne Raby.do we know why she changed her vocal coach? Btw. I think it’s funny that a vocal athlete like Celine has a vocal coach, that must be the hell of a good vocal coach! I wonder how she picks them and if she is doing job interviews to get to know them better. Can you imagine being Celines vocal coach? I mean, wow! What a job to have! Edited May 13, 2020 at 07:12 PM by ryba Quote
PuraVida Posted May 13, 2020 at 08:21 PM Posted May 13, 2020 at 08:21 PM do we know why she changed her vocal coach? Btw. I think it's funny that a vocal athlete like Celine has a vocal coach, that must be the hell of a good vocal coach! I wonder how she picks them and if she is doing job interviews to get to know them better. Can you imagine being Celines vocal coach? I mean, wow! What a job to have! I know, it's the best client in the world to have! At least by changing coaches so many times, Celine knows a lot of different styles/opinions/techniques and got input from a lot of people. Maybe she can judge herself and incorporate what works best. I would love to see a recorded session between Celine and her coach. Also, she should TOTALLY record a masterclass....that would be so epic! 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted May 13, 2020 at 09:31 PM Posted May 13, 2020 at 09:31 PM do we know why she changed her vocal coach? Btw. I think it's funny that a vocal athlete like Celine has a vocal coach, that must be the hell of a good vocal coach! I wonder how she picks them and if she is doing job interviews to get to know them better. Can you imagine being Celines vocal coach? I mean, wow! What a job to have!Well all top athletes still have coaches... It's a very smart thing to do. It probably helps her to keep in top shape. 1 Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 13, 2020 at 10:25 PM Posted May 13, 2020 at 10:25 PM All actors (or at least the top ones) all having coaches as well. You need someone on set who is looking at your performance only. The director is more concerned with getting the shot right and expects someone else to take care of the acting. Quote
PuraVida Posted May 13, 2020 at 11:19 PM Posted May 13, 2020 at 11:19 PM I know a fun fact which is that Marilyn Monroe often insisted on bringing her acting coach onto set, and would often look to the coach after a scene and in between scenes instead of the director Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 14, 2020 at 12:34 AM Posted May 14, 2020 at 12:34 AM I know a fun fact which is that Marilyn Monroe often insisted on bringing her acting coach onto set, and would often look to the coach after a scene and in between scenes instead of the director That pretty common. My dear friend, teacher and mentor did the same thing for James Gandolfini during the entire run of the Sopranos. Directors don’t want to be bothered in between takes by actors. LOL Quote
PuraVida Posted May 14, 2020 at 12:40 AM Posted May 14, 2020 at 12:40 AM That pretty common. My dear friend, teacher and mentor did the same thing for James Gandolfini during the entire run of the Sopranos. Directors don’t want to be bothered in between takes by actors. LOL I get that, but having an acting coach with you on set, to my knowledge, is not at all common Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted May 14, 2020 at 11:57 AM Posted May 14, 2020 at 11:57 AM I get that, but having an acting coach with you on set, to my knowledge, is not at all common Most of them do - you just never hear of it. Bradley Cooper, Will Smith, Lady Gaga, Meryl Streep, George Clooney, James Gandolfini, Jennifer Anniston, James Carrey - those are the only ones that immediately come to mind after I’ve just awakened. My teacher/mentors (now friends) at school all have/had these actors as clients. Oh yeah - Clive Owen is another one I know from my experience on set with him. Many directors don’t really direct the actors. They just want the shot to look good so they’re watching that in the monitor. In between takes, the acting coaches give pointers to the actors. 2 Quote
Céline RO Posted May 16, 2020 at 12:03 PM Posted May 16, 2020 at 12:03 PM I just noticed that at the end of the performance Céline sustains that note for 15 seconds! That’s got to be one of her longest ever! 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted May 16, 2020 at 01:11 PM Posted May 16, 2020 at 01:11 PM (edited) I just noticed that at the end of the performance Céline sustains that note for 15 seconds! That’s got to be one of her longest ever! I thought it was 17 secs watching that compilations of different bootlegs of I Surrender during A New Day Edit Oh we’re on One World, Together At Home topic. I thought I’m on YouTube topic. Sorry! LOL Edited May 16, 2020 at 01:12 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
PuraVida Posted May 16, 2020 at 10:20 PM Posted May 16, 2020 at 10:20 PM (edited) As far as I know, her longest note is the 19 second finish at the end of "What a Wonderful World" starting at 4:28 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rOP8IW6Drc Edited May 16, 2020 at 10:22 PM by PuraVida 1 Quote
scielle Posted May 28, 2020 at 11:12 PM Posted May 28, 2020 at 11:12 PM https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2020/5/one-world-together-at-home-makes-history-by-breaking-two-records-as-part-of-pand-618986 At this point Guinness Book of Records is just trying to set the record for most niche categories! Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted December 12, 2020 at 04:42 AM Posted December 12, 2020 at 04:42 AM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.