Jump to content

Confirmed! One World, Together at Home - TV and online special April 18th, 2020


Recommended Posts

Posted

So is Andrea sick or with illness? He looks incredibly thin and his voice isn't quite the same.

 

I didn’t notice anything wrong with his voice but he does look incredibly thin. Certainly much thinner than before. However, as we all know, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s sick. Maybe he started doing some very intense sport?

The best is yet to come...
Posted (edited)

I didn’t notice anything wrong with his voice but he does look incredibly thin. Certainly much thinner than before. However, as we all know, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s sick. Maybe he started doing some very intense sport?

 

I don't mean to be crass, but..unless it's swimming(?) ..I believe being blind is not conducive to intense sports of any kind.

 

He just looks a lot thinner! And it doesn't mean unwell, but at his age one wonders. Different from saying this about Celine because, it must be said, the rates of body image disorders are significantly lower among (older) men.

 

I still loved his performance and wish him the best of health and happiness!

Edited by PuraVida
Posted
Well we've never really seen Andrea in a t-shirt before...When he did his mini-concert in Milan last week, he had a full suit on so it wasn't that visible.
  • Like 2
Posted

It is inclusion thing, representative of color

 

Indeed: a white (Gaga), a black (Legend), an Asian (Lang Lang), a God (Andrea) and a Goddess (Céline) :-D :giggle:

  • Like 1
Posted

I hadn't planned on watching the show last night but I ended up doing a video chat with friends that were watching. We were all waiting for Céline and Andrea. I quite enjoyed the performance. The one part I found funny was when a friend who absolutely loves The Prayer said "Celine and Andrea were wonderful, Gaga made it different and John, don't know why he was there". Poor John Legend.

 

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

 

I’m not sure John knew why he was there either.

  • Like 1
Posted

Weird thing though that in the reactions most people praise gaga's part. i think she did - okay - but nothing more. She misses the finesse and Grace imo

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

 

They praise Gaga because she's the younger and cooler one. Plus for some reason Celine never had this unreachable divasque aura around her from media, unlike Whitney, Mariah or Beyonce, where everywhere they go the world stops spinning. It always upsets me

 

Anyway, I'm actually very happy Gaga finally acknowledged Celine after all these years.

  • Like 3
Posted

The video is trending in Luxembourg

#4 spot

rising from #10 earlier in the day.

 

Posted

They praise Gaga because she's the younger and cooler one. Plus for some reason Celine never had this unreachable divasque aura around her from media, unlike Whitney, Mariah or Beyonce, where everywhere they go the world stops spinning. It always upsets me

 

Anyway, I'm actually very happy Gaga finally acknowledged Celine after all these years.

 

I don't know the one that I'm seeing on twitter. They praise Céline more. Saying a lot of positive comments. Saying she can still do it, etc. The one that got the worst comments/tweets that i see was about John Legend.

Posted
I cant believe how many views this has in nuder 12 hr timeframe
Posted

I think the song will fly up the UK/Ireland charts when it airs tonight :)

 

Posted

She's from New York, I think. I don't find Gaga a skilled vocalist at all. She was incredibly awful when she did the standards stuff with Tony Bennett. It was like she was trying to do a parody. So forced and not a natural.

After Garland and Streisand doing A Star Is Born, Gaga messed up the lineage. She is rather insufferable. But I loved her first album. She seemed more real then.

 

Lady Gaga is actually a classically trained vocalist, and very skilled.

 

  • Like 3

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

i don't who she is trying to be. it is hard to follow. i think most singers have to stick to something.

 

She’s trying to be an artist. Why should a singer be forced to stick to one genre? Cher certainly hasn’t, Barbra didn’t either. And Celine’s albums are extremely eclectic in sound.

  • Like 2

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

I cant believe how many views this has in nuder 12 hr timeframe

 

It's amazing what happens when there is a great media team who uploads a big, primetime performance directly after it airs :hmm: :innocent:

Edited by PuraVida
  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

They praise Gaga because she's the younger and cooler one. Plus for some reason Celine never had this unreachable divasque aura around her from media, unlike Whitney, Mariah or Beyonce, where everywhere they go the world stops spinning. It always upsets me

 

Anyway, I'm actually very happy Gaga finally acknowledged Celine after all these years.

 

Think about the reasons the world stopped spinning around Mariah (nervous breakdown, diva behavior), Whitney (drug abuse, wasting her talent, abrasive behavior, death), And Beyoncé (Destiny’s Child drama, Jay-Z cheating on her). Do we want Celine to be in the media for such things?

  • Like 3

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

 

 

Lady Gaga is actually a classically trained vocalist, and very skilled.

 

You can keep her. Neither Garland nor Streisand were classically trained And both could/can sing circles around gaga. Just because one has education doesn’t mean that they have the talent. Or the heart and soul. There’s tons of “good” singers out there, but that doesn’t mean that they are gifted.

Edited by Alex_Incognito
  • Like 1

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

Nearly 2 million views already on YouTube!

 

Kev x

  • Like 3
Posted
Will Celine show on the U.K. one tonight ? She’s not listed as it’s a different set up
Posted (edited)
They showed a clip from The Prayer (mostly Celine) in the most famous German news show Tagesschau. :) Edited by comingback
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

They must have each recorded the full song individually before it was edited, sadly most of this footage will never be seen.

 

I'd love if they released a full-length, improved version with just Celine/Gaga/Andrea and better arrangement.

Edited by rpopowski
  • Like 1
Posted

I love Celine's "Another soul to love" here in this version... It's just amazing 😍😍😍😍😍

 

And John Legend's part is so weird there and doesn't fit the whole performance at all... The way he sings the song, the echo at the stairs are just... 🙄🙄

 

giphy.gif
Posted
I would love a duet with Celine and Gaga. I think their voices complement each other.
  • Like 2
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted

I would love a duet with Celine and Gaga. I think their voices complement each other.

 

Celine writing to Gaga: "Next time, let's do one together." ;)

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Lady Gaga can sure sing in tune. But she doesn't add anything more to it.

There was no false note from her part, but didn't provide anything interesting.

It's like she doesn't put soul in it... which is weird, because I always found her very present, meaning pouring her soul (and baring it) in her own songs. Maybe it's the karaoke syndrome?

Same problem with "My favorite things" at the Oscars. Come on: there's an ocean separating her performance from Julie Andrews'!

Yes she can sing, she's skillful and she have technics... but her Tony Bennett duet album still feels bland. No originality. No find. Nothing new.

So this inability to put covers to a higher degree obviously shows during The Prayer.

No need to talk about A Star is Born, she was the worse actress to tackle the role.

 

Celine's If I could isn't as good as Barbra's either. Though it's way superior as Gaga's covers.

I guess it's because Barbra has a way to inhabit her songs in a rare fashion - something more close to an interprete as celine, who is the best singer, but not quite as good as an interprete IMO. The proof of that is the constant tendancy Celine has to imitate the singer's original demo version: it's blatant on Sia's songs on Courage.

Whereas Barbra's mark on her songs is more obvious - and she doesn't let producers tell her what to do while Celine often does, though it seems with Courage she at last took more control, and it's welcome (and ended with great results!).

 

But when Celine created The Prayer with Andrea, and when she sings it today, no one can come close.

There's soul, there's technics, there's magic.

It's a masterpiece.

Edited by JulienMcbeal
  • Like 3
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
Posted

Yeah, Legend was unnecessary. Not sure why he is so ubiquitous.

 

It reminded me of how John Legend and Ariana Grande redid Beauty and the Beast....it’s like, leave it to the masters, kids.

 

I know! Ariana sounded good, but John it was like quite basic

Posted
Céline’s performance just aired at the end of the UK show too. Brilliant. :)
  • Like 2

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...