SuperLove4Celine Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:43 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:43 PM Celine should do a vocal from home more often lol. Imagine if she did a stripped down version of either “In His Touch” or “I Know What Love Is” at home at her piano. 4 Quote
Céline RO Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:45 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:45 PM I wish they would’ve chosen a slightly higher key. Even by just one semitone. The beginning of the performance just sounds a bit underwhelming. Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:45 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:45 PM (edited) I know we can’t judge over a couple minutes of singing but to me she actually sounded not quite as strong as on tour. Her vibrato was not that defined on the C5 in the climax and overall she sounded a bit not warmed up enough. Her tone was gorgeous though! Because the volume in the climax was toned down. I can barely hear her belting at climax (Céline’s part) maybe for Andrea? Edited April 18, 2020 at 07:46 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Céline RO Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:46 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:46 PM Imagine if she did a stripped down version of either "In His Touch" or "I Know What Love Is" at home at her piano. Those songs already sound stripped down enough but I would love her to do something. Quote The best is yet to come...
Popular Post ryba Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:48 PM Popular Post Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:48 PM (edited) Gosh, Celine is such a professional, and so classy! Her setup, the professional home studio, her sound quality, the lighting, the way she dressed, the candles in the background, it was just class and professionalism! So proud of her! Unlike John Legend who recorded his part from the stairs on a low quality phone, totally uninspired. Really embarrassing... Edited April 18, 2020 at 07:51 PM by ryba 9 Quote
VikingSwe Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:52 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:52 PM John didn’t fit at all but Céline, Andrea and GaGa did their parts well 1 Quote
Nmj Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:52 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:52 PM I wonder who recorded her performance. 1 Quote
Shaun Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:53 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:53 PM Very proud moment. Celine, ever the professional. That was superb and I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the moment of the whole show. As for John Legend.....nice of him to make the effort. 2 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
wjd Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:56 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:56 PM Celine sounded amazing! Loved her and Andrea. But Gaga was so-so and Legend was shocking. 2 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Ajax Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:57 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:57 PM (edited) The volume was toned down but her vibrato was f****** strong and clear eventually higher than in the tour also.and it sounded even more effortless. Edited April 18, 2020 at 07:57 PM by Ajax 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:58 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:58 PM I can’t get over how great Céline looked, her setup too! I’m glad she didn’t go for that “relaxed at home” vibe and went with her signature class and style instead! As for the piano, which we know she doesn’t really play, I think it’s mainly used by one of the twins (I can’t remember who) who started taking piano lessons a few years ago. The other one picked up ballet instead. 3 Quote The best is yet to come...
ryba Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:59 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 07:59 PM (edited) So apparently it’s not the same garage studio that RC is recording in, right? They must have 2 studios then. Gosh, I would love to have a tour of her house and see how she lives! Edited April 18, 2020 at 08:02 PM by ryba 1 Quote
Shaun Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:08 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:08 PM Honestly Celine was so so classy. Brilliant. And, sorry, I know this is for raising awareness etc but John should be embarrassed by his performance. His lack of effort was so noticeable! Has actually angered me! 2 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
browseceline Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:10 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:10 PM Honestly Celine was so so classy. Brilliant. And, sorry, I know this is for raising awareness etc but John should be embarrassed by his performance. His lack of effort was so noticeable! Has actually angered me! well not only that...they gave him almost nothing to sing;) Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Shaun Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:13 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:13 PM well not only that...they gave him almost nothing to sing;) Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk No wonder. Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
browseceline Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:13 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:13 PM Celine sounded amazing!! I think this break will do wonders for her voice I say... let's record the new French album! very happy to hear her sing. john Legend deffo was out of place here. Who the F thought that would work?! He seems bored and uninspired.Lady Gaga sounded better on the track than I expected, but she had to push. As a Celine fan, I am proud that she is considered (not for the first time) to be the best for last. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk he did not sound bored to me but this genre does not work with his more laid back r&b vocal. But recording on the stairs is not really inspiring... Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
DionFanAlways Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:14 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:14 PM Too many cooks in the kitchen. She looked wonderful. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
kellyfan161 Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:17 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:17 PM Can someone send me the performance. YouTube blocked it already - Quote
ryba Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:20 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:20 PM (edited) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCfOnjQMH1Eoh damn, it’s no longer available. I’m glad I watched it 4 times lol To all the German fans here: it’s gonna air at MTV Germany tomorrow starting at 20:15 Edited April 18, 2020 at 08:20 PM by ryba Quote
ryba Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:20 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:20 PM oh damn, it’s no longer available. I’m glad I watched it 4 times lol To all the German fans here: it’s gonna air at MTV Germany tomorrow starting at 20:15 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:21 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:21 PM (edited) Celine was epic. Legend was a leg end as I expected, lol. Great to see Celine in her in her little home studio, loved it! And she’s trending here in the UK Edited April 18, 2020 at 08:31 PM by Shamrock_1982 3 Quote
comingback Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:21 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:21 PM oh damn, it's no longer available. I'm glad I watched it 4 times lol To all the German fans here: it's gonna air at MTV Germany tomorrow starting at 20:15 Danke für die Info 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:24 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:24 PM (edited) Airs tomorrow in the UK at 7.15pm and 7.00pm in Ireland on BBC & RTE Edited April 18, 2020 at 08:25 PM by Shamrock_1982 Quote
ryba Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:29 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:29 PM Can someone send me the performance. YouTube blocked it already -go on facebook, it’s on every Celine fan page and even in the official CD group Quote
scielle Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:33 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:33 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Quote
Popular Post scielle Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:40 PM Popular Post Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:40 PM Sure, John was out of place and sure, Lang Lang's piano sounds better at Carnegie Hall than it does at home, but can we please acknowledge that wasn't the point? Can we not just appreciate the bigger picture? That she's contributing, and that Gaga - as the curator and fan of The Prayer - picked this song to participate in and close the show?That it's a welcome step in making another Celine song a classic?That she's closing a show which is being broadcast in prime time on virtually every network - broadcast and cable - and every meaningful online platform worldwide?That's she's every organizer's go-to for events like this; widely acknowledged as a trusted, reliable performer and comforting presence for many around the world, and has been for many years? Most importantly, that this was about supporting front-line workers and that Celine can always be counted on in moments when the world needs to come together? 14 Quote
nowanorris Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:43 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:43 PM That was incredible! Gaga has a beautiful voice and I didn't mind her parts at all - John Legend, definitely super awkward for me. Celine looked and sounded stunning! SO PROUD! I'm really excited they are closing the night out like this. I really would love a true Celine/Gaga duet on either of their albums someday. 5 Quote
Nmj Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:43 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 08:43 PM Sure, John was out of place and sure, Lang Lang's piano sounds better at Carnegie Hall than it does at home, but can we please acknowledge that wasn't the point? Can we not just appreciate the bigger picture? That she's contributing, and that Gaga - as the curator and fan of The Prayer - picked this song to participate in and close the show?That it's a welcome step in making another Celine song a classic?That she's closing a show which is being broadcast in prime time on virtually every network - broadcast and cable - and every meaningful online platform worldwide?That's she's every organizer's go-to for events like this; widely acknowledged as a trusted, reliable performer and comforting presence for many around the world, and has been for many years? Most importantly, that this was about supporting front-line workers and that Celine can always be counted on in moments when the world needs to come together? This may be your best post! Quote
ryba Posted April 18, 2020 at 09:03 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 09:03 PM Do you guys think she records her own songs/covers p/songs and melodies she wrote in that home studio just for herself? I think she does Quote
noyau Posted April 18, 2020 at 09:10 PM Posted April 18, 2020 at 09:10 PM (edited) Some singers will sing twice during the pre-show. Is it possible that we'll have another solo song???!! I hope so. Edited April 18, 2020 at 09:10 PM by noyau 2 Quote ***I speak French, sorry for my mistakes in English. I would be very happy if you write me a private message to tell me when I make mistakes, as I want to improve my English***
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.