Nmj Posted April 17, 2020 at 06:52 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 06:52 PM Not even that, I like them all to an extent individually. But to sing 30-40 seconds of your own song, whilst doing nothing else, platform provided or not, is just pointless. I’d rather her do a Mariah and release her own footage and donate and spread awareness that way, at least then it would be her ACTUALLY using HER platform and fame and talent to spread awareness and promote a charity cause But you don’t even know how it sounds yet. Maybe she will sing her full part? Maybe she does an additional solo song as well? We don’t know yet. Quote
Nmj Posted April 17, 2020 at 06:52 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 06:52 PM (edited) I think this actually has a ton of potential to be amazing - 4 incredible voices. Looking forward to hearing how it turns out. I'm glad they are trying something new with the song. Just would’ve liked to see David Foster back too. But nice that the new guy gets some exposure. Edited April 17, 2020 at 06:53 PM by Nmj Quote
emi&celine Posted April 17, 2020 at 06:54 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 06:54 PM I have feeling they have pre recorded The Prayer that will be launched on itunes as a charity song That would be great!! 1 Quote
Ajax Posted April 17, 2020 at 06:55 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 06:55 PM At first I was a bit disappointed with this foursome. Unfortunately 4 is too much I cannot see technically a good result. And I mean The Prayer is quite important for me. She just shines on this song. Her operatic technic is the most beautiful thing on heart for my hears. She is just above every singer here and show yet another side of her unlimited voice panel. But she s gonna create an iconic moment for a unique period of our time. Let s just think about that. Whatever we may think or dislike their voices. Those other Artists are respected praised and huge. That s a very good sign. It s just positive. 4 Quote
ryba Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:02 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:02 PM (edited) The main thing is that she is there and wants to participate! I don’t care about the rest Edited April 17, 2020 at 07:02 PM by ryba 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:11 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:11 PM We can watch it on Apple Music Quote
Del Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:15 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:15 PM I think to have all 4 sing The Prayer wilm be interesting. A twist to a classic. Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Shaun Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:25 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:25 PM Adrienne, how strange. You’re happy for Celine to sing all the covers under the sun during the world tour but you’re not happy for her to appear on a one off worldwide TV event singing even part of her own song? Do I have that right? Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
maki_Dion-er Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:26 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:26 PM I have no problem with Celine, Andrea, and Gaga. I actually was hoping we'd get to hear/see Celine and Gaga sing together but not sure I'm on board with John Legend being the 4th. I would hope this means Celine either gets a separate solo or sings a duet with Gaga or someone else. But that probably won't be the case. Quote
maria_k Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:28 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:28 PM Looking forward to this. I assume this performance will be everywhere, so hopefully Celine has her moment to shine And love the fact that it's one of Gaga's favorite songs. As for John Legend, not a fan, but I think he did a great job with songs in "Django unchained" Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:39 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:39 PM Ga-Ga fair enough the whole thing is her idea, but John Leg end... why?!? Plus some nobody on the piano from Asia?!? Now not so much looking forward to this... too many cooks and all that. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:39 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:39 PM I'm sorry but I agree with AdrienneM. Is it for sure it'll be a quartet? Call me selfish all y'all want. I'm still watching though. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
remykyes Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:48 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:48 PM Ga-Ga fair enough the whole thing is her idea, but John Leg end... why?!? Plus some nobody on the piano from Asia?!? Now not so much looking forward to this... too many cooks and all that. Lang Lang is far from a nobody from Asia. He’s very well-known in the classical music circuit. And he’s an amazing pianist. Excellent choice! 1 Quote New Signature Coming Soon!
AdrienneM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:49 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:49 PM Adrienne, how strange. You’re happy for Celine to sing all the covers under the sun during the world tour but you’re not happy for her to appear on a one off worldwide TV event singing even part of her own song? Do I have that right? I don’t know if you recall, but I distinctly do, after going to my concerts in the US voicing my extreme disappointment. alot of my sentiments towards the tour and how it is comes from complacency, acceptance and just not being a serial moaner about every little thing. I’ve actually repeatedly voiced my opinion that of course I’m not happy but I’ll take what I can get. But for her to join something for the good of those less fortunate, to sing her song, probably do about 40 seconds in amongst speeches of support and love etc when in reality she’s just doing a snippet of a song to show face for the event. Hence why I said I would rather her do a Mariah and actually do something HERSELF to benefit others Quote
mirage Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:49 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:49 PM Haha that's not a nobody in piano world. Ga-Ga fair enough the whole thing is her idea, but John Leg end... why?!? Plus some nobody on the piano from Asia?!? Now not so much looking forward to this... too many cooks and all that. 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:50 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 07:50 PM What was wrong with Stevie he’s on the bill lol. 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:07 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:07 PM 1587152368[/url]' post='2381200']Ga-Ga fair enough the whole thing is her idea, but John Leg end... why?!? Plus some nobody on the piano from Asia?!? Now not so much looking forward to this... too many cooks and all that. Imagine if Gaga had asked Mégo to play the piano instead Quote The best is yet to come...
Shamrock_1982 Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:09 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:09 PM I’d be for that atleast we know him Quote
Dancing_Queen Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:17 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:17 PM So Gaga is gonna be in every performance because it's 'her' event? Eww. Hope Céline also gets some time of her own... Quote
fred Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:39 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:39 PM (edited) I tend to agree. Besides Gaga and Legend may help Céline get more exposure. A bit weird with may singers in one song but at least it isn't one of those like Earth Song when there's just a handful amount of words for Céline and you must hold yourself from blinking so you wont miss spotting her. That said I can't stand Gaga since she basically had foreplay with a married man on the stage at the Oscars. Don’t watch. It’s a charity event.. not the time to pout. I’ll go all day with you back and fourth about misses... like the setlist of the tour, lack of promotion of her album etc. but not at this time, take it for what it is.. a gift, she didn’t have to participate but she is. Edited April 17, 2020 at 08:43 PM by fred Quote Peace and love to all.
fred Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:41 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:41 PM Oh I loved that moment! Wish we had this on Spotify. It's such a beautiful version! All 4 of them together? Now THAT’S a reason to tune in. I can’t wait to see how they do a 4 person version of The Prayer - a new approach to the song rather than the same old, same old. Reminds me of Celine, Gloria Estefan, Shania Twain and Carole King singing You’ve Got A Friend at Divas Live. 1 Quote Peace and love to all.
fred Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:55 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:55 PM Hopefully we'll get total new modern arrangements making this The Prayer 2.0 made for the 2020ies (nothing wrong with the extremely beautiful 1990ies version though, but I love changes and new approaches to songs... Not sure our queen does though. 🤔) Ok Fred don't let yourself get carried away... They're doing it to a karaoke track. I think this actually has a ton of potential to be amazing - 4 incredible voices. Looking forward to hearing how it turns out. I'm glad they are trying something new with the song. 3 Quote Peace and love to all.
Alex_Incognito Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:57 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 08:57 PM Are the rumours true that Gaga is out and Terry Bradford is in? Thoughts and prayers... 2 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
nuts2you Posted April 17, 2020 at 09:02 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 09:02 PM where did you hear that from Quote
fred Posted April 17, 2020 at 09:07 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 09:07 PM And then that momentum can be used for promoting something from L'Oreal or Instagram shopping and old hits! 😃 Or maybe fashion. 🤔 Looking forward to this. I assume this performance will be everywhere, so hopefully Celine has her moment to shine And love the fact that it's one of Gaga's favorite songs. As for John Legend, not a fan, but I think he did a great job with songs in "Django unchained" 3 Quote Peace and love to all.
DionFanAlways Posted April 17, 2020 at 09:59 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 09:59 PM Are the rumours true that Gaga is out and Terry Bradford is in? Thoughts and prayers...you have a believer..... lol 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
browseceline Posted April 17, 2020 at 10:00 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 10:00 PM (edited) to be honest - it is her and Bocelli’s song and i expected Celine to do a song on her own and not just singing a few sentences of her own song while Gaga and John Legend sing the rest...not excited sorry. Lady Gaga and John Legend are both great singers but let them sing their own song and Celine and Bocelli their Prayer plus hopefully a moment for Celine to sing another song on her own. Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Edited April 17, 2020 at 10:01 PM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted April 17, 2020 at 10:05 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 10:05 PM Ga-Ga fair enough the whole thing is her idea, but John Leg end... why?!? Plus some nobody on the piano from Asia?!? Now not so much looking forward to this... too many cooks and all that. plus don’t have a feeling how the ‘quarantained at home feeling’ comes through.. Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
CelineDionFreak Posted April 17, 2020 at 10:11 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 10:11 PM I’m really curious to see how this is! Honestly, a quartet will bring something different to the table! I really can’t wait to see how it’s gonna turn out. I think we’re gonna like it. I like all 4 of these artists for their own reasons. Come on y’all, just give it a chance! 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
fred Posted April 17, 2020 at 10:12 PM Posted April 17, 2020 at 10:12 PM We don't know yet how big parts everyone will get in this song. Probably all equal, hopefully the orignal legends have a little greater part than the pups. Let's wait and see. I know the Courage era has been a let down in many ways (not the album itself though I hope) and it's even harder than before to be positive, but... Let's wait til after we hear it to review it and THEN point out what's bad about it? to be honest - it is her and Bocelli’s song and i expected Celine to do a song on her own and not just singing a few sentences of her own song while Gaga and John Legend sing the rest...not excited sorry. Lady Gaga and John Legend are both great singers but let them sing their own song and Celine and Bocelli their Prayer plus hopefully a moment for Celine to sing another song on her own. Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk 3 Quote Peace and love to all.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.