GoldenLeaf Posted July 23, 2019 at 10:29 PM Posted July 23, 2019 at 10:29 PM I have a feeling COURAGE will be the song from the album that catches fire. It sounds like it will be simple but powerful and Stephan Moccio was the man behind Celine's last big, mainstream English song (apart from Ashes). Fingers crossed for some music videos! We are LONG overdue for some well-done music videos and, I agree, they help promote songs more than anything else.To me Courage seems like Recovering part 2 : an insipid and boring song that nobody cares about despite the fact it was performed live by Celine on The Ellen Degeneres show and Stand Up To Cancer. 1 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted July 23, 2019 at 10:40 PM Posted July 23, 2019 at 10:40 PM I like FOMO too! I do think of it as more of a teaser for the upcoming singles. They just wanted to quench the thirst of her diehard fans. In my opinion I don't think FOMO is necessarily what the masses crave / need / want from Celine Dion. A modern, powerful ballad like Ashes is more in line with what people want from her. My friends have stated that FOMO is "beneath her and forgettable" and, while I really find the song to be great for an album cut, I get where they're coming from. It's not "wow" enough to be Celine Dion's big single. Whereas these same friends were blown away by her performance of The Show Must Go On at the Billboard Music Awards. That's the sort of Celine they (and the general public) want to see showcased with this new album. Big soaring ballads that only the likes of Freddie Mercury and Whitney Houston and Celine Dion can knock out of the park. With the proper promotion, I think we will have at least one or two more classic Celine songs coming our way on this new album!!Proper promotion? Considering Celine will be busy with the World Tour I can't fathom seeing her doing huge and proper promo like she did back in 2002 with A New Day Has Come, I think the promo wlll be most likely similar to the Loved Me Back To Life promo Tour. Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted July 23, 2019 at 11:03 PM Posted July 23, 2019 at 11:03 PM I think the "catching fire" thing isn't about certain songs, meaning that they are good or not. ANDHC and the last example Ashes had much promo and a musicvideo. I think these are the reasons. FOMO isn't doing well, because nobody knows knows about it and it's a great song in my opinion. I love it Agreed. Ashes had huge exposure worldwide simply because of Deadpool 2, if Celine would have released the song on her own without it being tied to a smash boxoffice hit movie, the song would have went unoticed. Quote
AdrienneM Posted July 23, 2019 at 11:07 PM Posted July 23, 2019 at 11:07 PM Agreed. Ashes had huge exposure worldwide simply because of Deadpool 2, if Celine would have released the song on her own without it being tied to a smash boxoffice hit movie, the song would have went unoticed. Beyonce had a whole album related to the huge box office success of The Lion King and its completely flopped, and Beyonce is used to hit after hit Quote
Popular Post CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 24, 2019 at 04:58 AM Popular Post Posted July 24, 2019 at 04:58 AM To me Courage seems like Recovering part 2 : an insipid and boring song that nobody cares about despite the fact it was performed live by Celine on The Ellen Degeneres show and Stand Up To Cancer. You heard the same 3 seconds of the song, a cappella that we all did. Please have a seat. 8 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Moleque20 Posted July 24, 2019 at 07:15 AM Posted July 24, 2019 at 07:15 AM You heard the same 3 seconds of the song, a cappella that we all did. Please have a seat. People here listen 3 seconds of a song and can predict how it makes them feel, its charts performance, the growth rate of the following year's economy, if a meteor will hit the earth and which player Manchester United will buy the next year. 6 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
sarit_celine Posted July 24, 2019 at 07:21 AM Posted July 24, 2019 at 07:21 AM People here listen 3 seconds of a song and can predict how it makes them feel, its charts performance, the growth rate of the following year's economy, if a meteor will hit the earth and which player Manchester United will buy the next year. Predict the chart performance lol :sofunny: Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
sarit_celine Posted July 24, 2019 at 07:25 AM Posted July 24, 2019 at 07:25 AM Well, Sony said FOMO is more of a gift to the fans, that doesn't me only we should know she has a new song.When it comes to the The Voice, all the world should celebrate and enjoy and heck this song is quite greatit should be higher on charts, but how it will be if most of the world doesn't know she is back with a new song. Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
Moleque20 Posted July 24, 2019 at 07:46 AM Posted July 24, 2019 at 07:46 AM Predict the chart performance lol :sofunny: Right, this is a joke. 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
sarit_celine Posted July 24, 2019 at 07:50 AM Posted July 24, 2019 at 07:50 AM Right, this is a joke. I like that one Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
couldawouldashoulda Posted July 24, 2019 at 11:16 AM Posted July 24, 2019 at 11:16 AM Proper promotion? Considering Celine will be busy with the World Tour I can't fathom seeing her doing huge and proper promo like she did back in 2002 with A New Day Has Come, I think the promo wlll be most likely similar to the Loved Me Back To Life promo Tour. Remember, she has almost the entire month of November off from the tour. I’m sure it’s no coincidence that the album is coming out that month. They’re clearly planning on using that month to promote not only the album but the tour itself. Celine and her team don’t care about selling individual singles - they care about selling albums and tour tickets. 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted July 24, 2019 at 12:55 PM Posted July 24, 2019 at 12:55 PM Remember, she has almost the entire month of November off from the tour. I’m sure it’s no coincidence that the album is coming out that month. They’re clearly planning on using that month to promote not only the album but the tour itself. Celine and her team don’t care about selling individual singles - they care about selling albums and tour tickets. This is exactly what I wanted to say quite a while ago. I guess I forgot to say it. It’s probably no coincidence that Céline didn’t yet do the biggest shows like Ellen or Tonight Show or even Today Show. I’m also still hoping for a Courage TV special where she performs songs from the album, like she did with TAST, ATW, ANDHC and SA albums. Quote The best is yet to come...
fred Posted July 24, 2019 at 01:37 PM Posted July 24, 2019 at 01:37 PM I only wish for that if it's done all live. I see no point in Céline standing and miming to her own studio tracks. Any drag queen can do that. I’m also still hoping for a Courage TV special where she performs songs from the album, like she did with TAST, ATW, ANDHC and SA albums. 3 Quote Peace and love to all.
VikingSwe Posted July 24, 2019 at 02:31 PM Posted July 24, 2019 at 02:31 PM I only wish for that if it's done all live. I see no point in Céline standing and miming to her own studio tracks. Any drag queen can do that. Ha ha, good point Quote
Ronny83 Posted July 24, 2019 at 04:43 PM Posted July 24, 2019 at 04:43 PM Once more: 7 Quote The Celine Dion Italian fanbase - CelineDionItalia.com
couldawouldashoulda Posted July 24, 2019 at 04:54 PM Posted July 24, 2019 at 04:54 PM This is exactly what I wanted to say quite a while ago. I guess I forgot to say it. It’s probably no coincidence that Céline didn’t yet do the biggest shows like Ellen or Tonight Show or even Today Show. I’m also still hoping for a Courage TV special where she performs songs from the album, like she did with TAST, ATW, ANDHC and SA albums. I’d love that, too, but I think the “TV special” has fallen out of fashion. Lots of artists used to do those but I don’t think anyone does them these days, do they? ( I very well could be wrong about that. I don’t pay attention to them like I used to either. ) 1 Quote
ryba Posted July 24, 2019 at 05:35 PM Posted July 24, 2019 at 05:35 PM (edited) I’d love that, too, but I think the “TV special” has fallen out of fashion. Lots of artists used to do those but I don’t think anyone does them these days, do they? ( I very well could be wrong about that. I don’t pay attention to them like I used to either. )it looks like you are right. She hasn’t done a tv special for any of her albums since 2012. Edited July 24, 2019 at 05:36 PM by ryba Quote
AdrienneM Posted July 24, 2019 at 05:38 PM Posted July 24, 2019 at 05:38 PM She could do a small Pandora like show in November time and stream / upload it afterwards 2 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted July 24, 2019 at 05:54 PM Posted July 24, 2019 at 05:54 PM (edited) Remember, she has almost the entire month of November off from the tour. I’m sure it’s no coincidence that the album is coming out that month. They’re clearly planning on using that month to promote not only the album but the tour itself. Celine and her team don’t care about selling individual singles - they care about selling albums and tour tickets.I know, she has only a month off in November and that's exactly my point, there is no way she will be able to do a proper and huge Promo Tour in the US and Europe like she did with ''A New Day Has Come'' back in 2002. Edited July 24, 2019 at 05:56 PM by GoldenLeaf 1 Quote
AdrienneM Posted July 24, 2019 at 05:56 PM Posted July 24, 2019 at 05:56 PM I know, she has only a month off in November and that's exactly my point, there is no way she will be able to do a proper and huge Promo Tour in the US and Europe like with A New Day Has Come back in 2002. Well she’s literally doing 66 dates of a tour in the US which will be covered in local news and is already known to the public... a world tour now adays IS a promo tour... i mean, its for album promotion 3 Quote
nuts2you Posted July 24, 2019 at 10:38 PM Posted July 24, 2019 at 10:38 PM it now has over 2 mill views, and the Official Lyric Video has 1.1 mill views, 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted July 25, 2019 at 12:58 AM Posted July 25, 2019 at 12:58 AM I only wish for that if it's done all live. I see no point in Céline standing and miming to her own studio tracks. Any drag queen can do that. I am a drag queen, and even I refuse to lip sync 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
sarit_celine Posted July 25, 2019 at 10:59 AM Posted July 25, 2019 at 10:59 AM The positions for other charts won't appear, when I'm searching for them Flying On My OwniTunes: #211 Belgium#711 United Kingdom 1 Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 25, 2019 at 01:27 PM Posted July 25, 2019 at 01:27 PM Too bad we can’t see the stream count on Apple Music... 1 Quote
Popular Post TommKat22 Posted July 26, 2019 at 03:37 AM Popular Post Posted July 26, 2019 at 03:37 AM The song is up to #39 on the Dance Club Songs chart this week! https://www.billboard.com/biz/search/charts?artist=Celine%20Dion&f%5b0%5d=ts_chart_artistname%3ACeline%20Dion&f%5b1%5d=itm_field_chart_id%3A-&f%5b2%5d=ss_bb_type%3Achart_item&solrsort=ds_peakdate%3Adesc&type=2 11 Quote Tommy
sarit_celine Posted July 26, 2019 at 09:30 AM Posted July 26, 2019 at 09:30 AM (edited) That's awesome, fingers crossed it will keep go higher. Edited July 26, 2019 at 09:30 AM by sarit_celine 2 Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
Dreamy Posted July 26, 2019 at 10:51 AM Posted July 26, 2019 at 10:51 AM The song is up to #39 on the Dance Club Songs chart this week! https://www.billboard.com/biz/search/charts?artist=Celine%20Dion&f%5b0%5d=ts_chart_artistname%3ACeline%20Dion&f%5b1%5d=itm_field_chart_id%3A-&f%5b2%5d=ss_bb_type%3Achart_item&solrsort=ds_peakdate%3Adesc&type=2 Great news 👏👏👏👏🌷, I hope it reach #1! Thank you for sharing. I'm really proud of Céline and her fans! 2 Quote
sarit_celine Posted July 26, 2019 at 10:53 AM Posted July 26, 2019 at 10:53 AM She could do a small Pandora like show in November time and stream / upload it afterwards Doing special shows cost money, well, I offer doing Facebook lives instead but that she won't skipthese kind of celebrations of the new Album Sometimes if feels like she prefer not to do any promotionI can really understand that. Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
sarit_celine Posted July 26, 2019 at 10:58 AM Posted July 26, 2019 at 10:58 AM I found that FOMO peaked #10 on France Digital Song Sales, dated to 7/13/19 but couldn't find more information as for its rank today. 3 Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.