Jump to content

"Flying On My Own" - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

Ashes flopped on the charts and lacked airplay despite being sent to radios, the only reason the music video managed to get over 67.000.000 views on youtube was because it was associated with a very sucessful movie, that’s all.

 

Success isn’t just about airplay on the radio these days.

 

Ashes is a tremendous success for Celine — and millions of people outside of us hardcore fans love that song.

 

Fortunately, Celine will sell albums and sell concert tickets no matter what. But, with the upcoming singles from Courage, I do hope for another big success like what we had with Ashes!

  • Like 1
Posted

I am TOTALLY hooked on Remind Me to Forget! It gets better and better each time I listen. Imagine Céline having a song of that quality. :wub:

 

Gonna check out that other song too. :thumbsup2:

 

Kygo is amazing. 'Remind' is one of my favs... together with (his remix of) 'Cut Your Teeth'.. :wub:

Peace and love to all.
Posted

But, with the upcoming singles from Courage, I do hope for another big success like what we had with Ashes!

 

A success smaller or on the same scale of Ashes would be welcomed (and doable), and if she manages a bigger success it'll be super welcomed. But I don't need it to be honest, it'd just be a plus. As long as they promote the singles and album adequately and majority of fans are happy with the album.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I’m sorry but who is the dumbass who included that ugly “recovering” song on Celine’s wiki page for the Courage album as if it was REALLY on the album? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courage_(Celine_Dion_album)

 

Recovering is a beautiful song and was super meaningful to Celine during the most difficult time in her life. I can’t imagine you’d be so harsh to Celine’s face about her music.

 

Do you take into consideration that this song might also be meaningful to someone on this forum?

 

Out of curiosity, which Celine Dion songs are your favorites? I’d love to know your favorites!

Edited by smw
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

If they did ANY kind of promotion for Ashes apart from one super short segment on GMA, and if she performed the song on the Billboard Music Awards or another big event, it could have been really huge!

 

It’s such a shame that they constantly believe that promoting her hugely isn’t necessary. She could rise to the very top again with the right strategy. But it seems as if no one cares, not even her.

Edited by ryba
  • Like 6
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

If they did ANY kind of promotion for Ashes apart from one super short segment on GMA, and if she performed the song on the Billboard Music Awards or another big event, it could have been really huge!

 

True. If she hadnt fallen sick, she couldve been promoting it for weeks before she returned to Vegas. We couldve most definitely got a Billboard Hot 100 entry

Edited by AdrienneM
Posted (edited)

I enjoy FOMO but this is so acurate.

Somehow I tend to think that we will never see a musically good album by Celine. I end to think that she just doesn't have any ambition muscially, enough artistry also musically, she doesn't any perspective about her career and even maybe doesn't have that great taste and education about music, I don't know.

 

I've been standing by that opinion since 2010 and her awful comeback with that "Celine" show that represented anything but "Celine Dion" as the audiences know her for.

 

I feel she has no ambition today with recording music and trying new things, but I don't blame her anymore. She's been doing this since 13. That can take away anyone's passion for what they do.

 

What I don't get is the excessive greediness when announcing a new tour and all the insane amount of dates she's doing only in North America, for someone that no longer cares to perform a different setlist when she comes to a one-of-a-kind exclusive show in London Hyde Park before 80,000, and knowing there would be many people that has seen her in Vegas recently and that she's going to offer the same exact copy of the show she has given them in Vegas in the last months :pinch:

 

I don't buy she has no time to rehearse not even one rare song from her old catalogue, nor to even change the order of the Vegas setlist she's been doing a month ago. When she has plenty of time to do fashion shows in Paris and do up to 5 costume changes in 24 hours, in my book that's called laziness sorry. Today she's more concentrated in what costumes and how many costume changes she's gonna offer on her shows than on the content of the shows itself. When this happens and we're talking about a singer and a performer, something's wrong. She's more interested in other things clearly.

 

And before someone is ready to stone me and jump on my neck, to be fair I have to say there was a big exception to this and that was the exquisite 2016 tour. She did no costume changes and performed the whole show with the same one outfit until the closing song, and coincidentally, that was the tour where she included more old songs in her whole career. Sadly we don't have a DVD of it, but that was only 3 years ago and some things have changed with her and fashion since then, being her interest with it exponentially multiplied. I hope Pepe is not pushing too much and doesn't forget she's a singer before a fashion model :hmm:

Edited by Javito
  • Like 6

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

 

 

I've been standing by that opinion since 2010 and her awful comeback with that "Celine" show that represented anything but "Celine Dion" as the audiences know her for.

 

I feel she has no ambition today with recording music and trying new things, but I don't blame her anymore. She's been doing this since 13. That can take away anyone's passion for what they do.

 

What I don't get is the excessive greediness when announcing a new tour and all the insane amount of dates she's doing only in North America, for someone that no longer cares to perform a different setlist when she comes to a one-of-a-kind exclusive show in London Hyde Park before 80,000, and knowing there would be many people that has seen her in Vegas recently and that she's going to offer the same exact copy of the show she has given them in Vegas in the last months :pinch:

 

I don't buy she has no time to rehearse not even one rare song from her old catalogue, nor to even change the order of the Vegas setlist she's been doing a month ago. When she has plenty of time to do fashion shows in Paris and do up to 5 costume changes in 24 hours, in my book that's called laziness sorry. Today she's more concentrated in what costumes and how many costume changes she's gonna offer on her shows than on the content of the shows itself. When this happens and we're talking about a singer and a performer, something's wrong. She's more interested in other things clearly.

 

And before someone is ready to stone me and jump on my neck, to be fair I have to say there was a big exception to this and that was the exquisite 2016 tour. She did no costume changes and performed the whole show with the same one outfit until the closing song, and coincidentally, that was the tour where she included more old songs in her whole career. Sadly we don't have a DVD of it, but that was only 3 years ago and some things have changed with her and fashion since then, being her interest with it exponentially multiplied. I hope Pepe is not pushing too much and doesn't forget she's a singer before a fashion model :hmm:

I totally agree! She should put as much effort in her music and show creation as she is putting in her fashion stuff (please don’t kill me, but if she intends to do that every year now, it will really get ridiculous, and people will eventually lose interest) Edited by ryba
  • Like 2
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)
I totally agree! She should put as much effort in her music and show creation as she is putting in her fashion stuff (please don’t kill me, but if she intends to do that every year now, it will really get ridiculous, and people will eventually lose interest)

 

 

that - and don’t stone me but i hope she takes more care of her health because i have never seen her this skinny in years.

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Edited by browseceline
  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

Sometimes I feel Pepe is using Céline as a huge walking Barbie doll...

 

At the best he is her muse. And I really really really hopes a muse for her performing and recording side will come along ASAP.

 

I hope Pepe is not pushing too much and doesn't forget she's a singer before a fashion model :hmm:

  • Like 6
Peace and love to all.
Posted

I think a lot of you misunderstands the concept of a consistent or coherent album. That doesn't have to mean an album of ONLY powerballads or ONLY uptempos. But it's more a question of having SOME similar songs on the album along with other songs that are similar to eachother. Coherence doesn't mean it has to be the same tempo (heck I want a dance album, but I am not asking for such an album to have zero ballads) throughout the album (not even the same genre at points) but the same SOUND and same level of production and that almost each song has at least one other on the album to go hand in hand with.

 

Look at Cher's latest. Not the same tempo of each track but the same sound and production level. (And don't go "coz that's an all ABBA album - it's not about that).

 

When it comes to Céline's releases her 'best of compilations' with songs spanning years apart even have more coherency than an album of hers where all tracks are made to belong together.

 

I think this adds up to Céline's eager to please all fans and her team's ambition to make the album appeal to all. And in doing this they just make a mash up mess. Once again she needs someone to help her create a "real album".

 

Maybe she can do it now when she's alone calling the shots. Fingers crossed and hoping this album will differ from all her previous ones regarding this issue.

 

In the other topic for the new song, members are saying how much they want this classic Celine back and the strong, powerful and soaring vocals. And then we have those who want a consistent album. Well, obviously, she can't do all. Again, some of you are going to be very disappointed.

  • Like 3
Peace and love to all.
Posted

I think a lot of you misunderstands the concept of a consistent or coherent album. That doesn't have to mean an album of ONLY powerballads or ONLY uptempos. But it's more a question of having SOME similar songs on the album along with other songs that are similar to eachother. Coherence doesn't mean it has to be the same tempo (heck I want a dance album, but I am not asking for such an album to have zero ballads) throughout the album (not even the same genre at points) but the same SOUND and same level of production and that almost each song has at least one other on the album to go hand in hand with.

 

Look at Cher's latest. Not the same tempo of each track but the same sound and production level. (And don't go "coz that's an all ABBA album - it's not about that).

 

When it comes to Céline's releases her 'best of compilations' with songs spanning years apart even have more coherency than an album of hers where all tracks are made to belong together.

 

I think this adds up to Céline's eager to please all fans and her team's ambition to make the album appeal to all. And in doing this they just make a mash up mess. Once again she needs someone to help her create a "real album".

 

Maybe she can do it now when she's alone calling the shots. Fingers crossed and hoping this album will differ from all her previous ones regarding this issue.

 

For you, yes, for others not, like you said. But anyway my point was that, each and every one of us has an idea in his head of how the ideal album would/should be. What kind of music he wants, the lyrics, the melodies, the vocals, you name it. No matter what Celine releases, there are going to be disappointed fans. And a new round of, she doesn't care about her music, she doesn't have perspective, she is not artistic, she lacks musical education etc will start.

  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

I heard that Radiohead frequently performs 2 types of concerts during their tour:

 

The first night they play all the usual favourites to the casual fans, and then the next night they do one for the die-hard fans with more deep-cuts and rare songs.

 

Why couldn't Céline do that??!! Even once! Then release a 2-DVD concert and the fans might actually stop complaining LOL

 

Exactly. Some still ignore how extremely lucky Celine has been to own the Colosseum in Vegas for two residencies and during 16 long years, and to be able to perform more than 1,100 shows during this time. And yet, she hasn't taken any advantage to offer not even ONE show specially conceived for the fans, with a setlist put together to perform more rare songs from her albums.

 

Not many artists out there have the luck to perform a thousand shows in a fixed place and with "carte blanche" to perform the phonebook if she had wanted, and yet the "anti show" type of concert never happened. They could have arranged one unique show per month and advertise it as "special concert for the fans", so people booking tickets would know beforehand what kind of songs they would see her perform, a show consisting of all the hits one after the other, or another type of show especially made for fans with some of the hits PLUS a bunch of more rare songs she doesn't perform that much or hasn't never performed. In my view, this would have been a win-win situation. The general public can see her perform all the hits on a regular basis but also the hardcore fans can have the chance to see a different kind of show one day of the month.

 

1,100 chances she had to do countless combinations of setlists, yet it never happened.

Edited by Javito
  • Like 3

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Kinda like Gaga does with her Vegas show - there's the pop version, and the jazz & piano show.

I hope when Celine comes back to Vegas, she takes a page from Gaga's book.

  • Like 2
Posted

Sometimes I feel Pepe is using Céline as a huge walking Barbie doll...

 

At the best he is her muse. And I really really really hopes a muse for her performing and recording side will come along ASAP.

 

I feel like Scott is most definitely her musical muse. He was probably the driving force behind the incredible set lists of 2016 and 2017

  • Like 4
Posted
I know this is just my opinion but here goes... Celine has dedicated her life to her career. She has been a singer since she was 12. Now she has earned every right to try something different. Maybe just maybe she is also interested in other things. She is a 51 year old famous , iconic singer and now she wants to explore other interests. i see people saying that her fashion shows are not good, well maybe for them they are not, but celine is clearly enjoying them . During the concert in England I saw a video (during the Ryan Reynolds story) where she talks about acting. I can see it now, 'Celine should stop with this acting business and focus on her music, she should do promo...etc...People how many artists do you know that have been as focused and dedicated as Celine? I am so happy that she is finding new passions, I for one can't wait to see what is next!
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

Stop saying she has time for fashion and not music. It’s beyond annoying. The woman TOOK TIME OFF for herself to attend Paris Fashion week. I am more than sure, that Celine probably would have preferred to put he outfit on if whatever designer’s show she was attending, and slip out the side door and do her own thing. But she’s Celine Dion, so she can’t exactly do that when she has the full knowledge that the public and press are waiting just feet away from her. She probably doesn’t want to go out in front of that hotel everyday, but knows it would reflect negatively on her if she didn’t. So, she does the Celine thing she always does and tries to please everyone involved. The woman takes time from her off time in order to please the masses. That’s a class-A woman.

dont hate me, but I don’t think that that’s the case. You say that she took time off for herself etc. If it was for her, she would stay at home in her PJs and spend quality time with her family. Of course she does it all on purpose. That’s why she changes her outrageous outfits 5 times a day in different locations of the town and makes sure the press takes pictures. She surely isn’t doing it just for fun. It’s work. And this energy could be used differently with a focus on her music career. After all she is a singer, not a designer, not a model or anything of that kind and she never was.

 

And the other thing is her record label. Everyone is talking about the current Dionessance and they don’t even care to release FOMO as a proper single and to properly promote it with a music video etc. That’s just sad. This woman is a legend and gets a very poor treatment.

Edited by ryba
  • Like 1
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

dont hate me, but I don’t think that that’s the case. You say that she took time off for herself etc. If it was for her, she would stay at home in her PJs and spend quality time with her family. Of course she does it all on purpose. That’s why she changes her outrageous outfits 5 times a day in different locations of the town and makes sure the press takes pictures. She surely isn’t doing it just for fun. It’s work. And this energy could be used differently with a focus on her music career. After all she is a singer, not a designer, not a model or anything of that kind and she never was.

 

Ok, so a girl can’t just enjoy fashion? K.

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

 

 

Ok, so a girl can’t just enjoy fashion? K.

of course she can (and she should enjoy everything that makes her happy), but that’s not the point Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

of course she can (and she should enjoy everything that makes her happy), but that’s not the point

It is EXACTLY the point. Celine is not like other celebrities. She’s not dismissive. She has the choice to just live her life and enjoy fashion week. But she chooses to play both sides of the coin. To enjoy herself, and please the masses. She doesn’t have to parade herself during her time off, she chooses to. She isn’t getting paid to have the press take photos of her outside of her hotel.

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

 

Lucky for us, her voice is still in top shape and we've gotten some fabulous French & even some great English songs these past few years. We'll continue to get fabulous music from her BUT we must embrace that she wants to try new things. That's part of life.

 

Yep, supporters have to get used to this new side of Celine. I will be happy to know she enjoys her fashion thing.

  • Like 2

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...