Jump to content

"Flying On My Own" - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Yes, and she's her own Barbie because fashion is something fun for her. It's playing dress up and playing a different "character" with each outfit. These are her own words, in addition to using fashion as a sodt of therapy.

 

I don't get why people put all of the blame on Pepe when she does something they don't like.

 

"Oh she's too into fashion, Pepe's leading her astray."

WRONG. She has always loved fashion, always. It was she that sought out Law to begin with because she wanted to change her style, Law has said how much he respected her fashion input. She wore a backwards pant suit in the 90's and was made fun of until recently when people realised that was actually an amazing choice.

 

"Now Pepe has her into ballet"

Nope, that's all her. She's always loved dancing, just watch all her concerts. She wanted to be a part of the action in A New Day and worked out to be able to do the dancing and even be able to fly in a harness. She wanted a dance number during the 2017 mini tour and this led to meeting Pepe (who she didn't even know was into fashion).

 

"she's using his illustrations for FOMO's cover art, oh no."

Yeah, she also uses Barnevs photograph for PQTME during the show.

 

If she ever acts no doubt some on here will blame Pepe for it.

I couldn't agree more. I find it interesting that people are always blaming others for what Celine likes or does. In the past it was all on Rene. Yes she listened and respected him, but as soon as she was old enough she had a lot of say in things. ( and by the way I am sure that he loved that about her) Now it's Pepe and her team. If you have followed Celine as long as I have, you come to understand that she does not have a submissive personality, as she says she is 'the boss'. Everything she does is on her!

Edited by isabel leite
  • Like 4
Posted

I couldn't agree more. I find it interesting that people are always blaming others for what Celine likes or does. In the past it was all on Rene. Yes she listened and respected him, but as soon as she was old enough she had a lot of say in things. ( and by the way I am sure that he loved that about her) Now it's Pepe and her team. If you have followed Celine as long as I have, you come to understand that she does not have a submissive personality, as she says she is 'the boss'. Everything she does is on her!

Exactly!!
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted
the other thing is her record label. Everyone is talking about the current Dionessance and they don't even care to release FOMO as a proper single and to properly promote it with a music video etc. That's just sad. This woman is a legend and gets a very poor treatment.

 

I get the impression that this single just came too early for Sony to want to promote it properly. The new (for Celine) EDM sound was maybe seen as a bit of a gamble with little chance of success so why bother sending it to radio.

I wonder if they are waiting for a safer choice of single that is more traditional Celine. One they can get behind properly and have Celine there for promotion.

 

Still to the doubters that say Celine isn't in full control of her music career I would point to this single as proof of the opposite.

 

Sony released the single worldwide because Celine's team asked them to. So if Celine wants a particular song chosen a single I think Sony would think twice about saying no to the lady.

 

FOMO has not been wasted. The general public will get to discover the track when Courage drops in November and Sony will have no excuses for a lack of promotion then.

  • Like 2
Posted

It would be beyond cool if she did that!!

 

The first night they play all the usual favourites to the casual fans, and then the next night they do one for the die-hard fans with more deep-cuts and rare songs.

 

Why couldn’t Céline do that??!! Even once! Then release a 2-DVD concert and the fans might actually stop complaining LOL

Peace and love to all.
Posted

That would had been wonderful! And make a live release of the fans concerts of course. I mean how many live recording with the same songs can we have already?

 

 

 

Exactly. Some still ignore how extremely lucky Celine has been to own the Colosseum in Vegas for two residencies and during 16 long years, and to be able to perform more than 1,100 shows during this time. And yet, she hasn't taken any advantage to offer not even ONE show specially conceived for the fans, with a setlist put together to perform more rare songs from her albums.

 

Not many artists out there have the luck to perform a thousand shows in a fixed place and with "carte blanche" to perform the phonebook if she had wanted, and yet the "anti show" type of concert never happened. They could have arranged one unique show per month and advertise it as "special concert for the fans", so people booking tickets would know beforehand what kind of songs they would see her perform, a show consisting of all the hits one after the other, or another type of show especially made for fans with some of the hits PLUS a bunch of more rare songs she doesn't perform that much or hasn't never performed. In my view, this would have been a win-win situation. The general public can see her perform all the hits on a regular basis but also the hardcore fans can have the chance to see a different kind of show one day of the month.

 

1,100 chances she had to do countless combinations of setlists, yet it never happened.

  • Like 1
Peace and love to all.
Posted

Then give this man a louder voice!

 

 

 

I feel like Scott is most definitely her musical muse. He was probably the driving force behind the incredible set lists of 2016 and 2017

  • Like 2
Peace and love to all.
Posted
I think many on here are, unfortunately, coming to the realization about something I’ve been saying for years - Celine is a performer/entertainer, and not an artist. She is a damn amazing performer/entertainer, but artist? Erm...not quite. Perhaps an artist-in-the-making, but still a far cry from a full-fledged artist.
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

 

 

Wow. I can't believe I just read that. Do you have any idea how patronizing that sounds?

Did you really just say that the only thing a woman can possibly find fulfilling is being at home with the kids?!

no, you misinterpreted it. I don’t say that she must stay home with the kids. I think that she would choose to do that over anything else in the world, because that’s how she is (or at least that’s how she presented herself all her life)

 

And just to clarify: I don’t think that a woman should only stay at home with the kids.

Edited by ryba
  • Like 2
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

I think many on here are, unfortunately, coming to the realization about something I've been saying for years - Celine is a performer/entertainer, and not an artist. She is a damn amazing performer/entertainer, but artist? Erm...not quite. Perhaps an artist-in-the-making, but still a far cry from a full-fledged artist.

 

Singing is an art form, so I'd say she's an artist. She's not a creator, as she says "I'm at the mercy of songwriters" but that doesn't mean she isn't an artist. Her artistry is giving life to songs, putting her emotions into each word, delivering amazing vocals, and ofc to entertain her audience. There are singers that don't emote that well, there are songwriters that aren't singers or can't vocally sing a song the way they imagine it, there are music producers/composers that don't write good lyrics. Actors don't always write, produce, or direct but they'r still artists.

 

We know she has the talent but maybe lacks interest, confidence, ambition, or a combination of the three to create her own songs. But who knows, maybe one day she will do so.

Edited by maki_Dion-er
Posted

I think many on here are, unfortunately, coming to the realization about something I’ve been saying for years - Celine is a performer/entertainer, and not an artist. She is a damn amazing performer/entertainer, but artist? Erm...not quite. Perhaps an artist-in-the-making, but still a far cry from a full-fledged artist.

 

I’ve always thought the same thing. Also, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being a performer/entertainer as opposed to an artist in the way that you’re talking about. I also do believe that there is an artistry to taking words written by someone else and making them sound as if they come from your soul as well as an artistry in showmanship.

  • Like 2
Posted

That is an absolute non sense. Singing is an art. Almost all of Celine’s life is about being an artist. From the girls out there trying to live from their art, singing songs from the others in some small bar, to Celine Dion, all those people are artist. A performer is an artist an entertainer is an artist, a painter, sculptor in his small garage.

 

Then, you can question her taste, her investment in some specific part of her art. But she is by definition an artist.

  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

I think many on here are, unfortunately, coming to the realization about something I've been saying for years - Celine is a performer/entertainer, and not an artist. She is a damn amazing performer/entertainer, but artist? Erm...not quite. Perhaps an artist-in-the-making, but still a far cry from a full-fledged artist.

 

I would even simply say singer. Performing is much more than just standing there and hitting notes. She was a performer during AND and TC eras, but probably did not like them much. Celine show, all the three summer tours, and her BST show was just singing. What was about "performance" there? The only thing that comes to my mind is dancing with Pepe.

 

I don't think she likes to perform. She seems to hate making music videos (despite all her words that she would like to be an actress.. really? you can always make a music video with a story and practice there first). She likes to sing. She sings well. But that hardly makes Celine an artist.

 

And it's not about writing her own songs. I don't think Madonna wrote any of her hits (I don't consider her name included into the song credits as "writing", we all know she always insists on it). But she is an artist, because she presents her songs visually and through dancing, makes high quality music videos, etc. When Whitney began to struggle, she was also simply a singer. When she lost her voice, she was gone. Madonna lost her voice a long time ago (assuming she ever had it lol), yet she remains relatively relevant. Just imagine for a second: if Celine lost her voice, what would she be? I am afraid my answer would be nothing. There is nothing to leave there. If Pink who was brought up in another topic loses her voice, would her career end? No. Because she is a performer who does not rely so much on singing only.

Edited by Ukrfan
  • Like 1
Posted
She can still make a show like A New Day/TCWT if she wants to since she have done that and many people loved it! :)
  • Like 1
Posted

That's not the point Pat..

 

I would even simply say singer. Performing is much more than just standing there and hitting notes. She was a performer during AND and TC eras, but probably did not like them much. Celine show, all the three summer tours, and her BST show was just singing. What was about "performance" there? The only thing that comes to my mind is dancing with Pepe.

 

I don't think she likes to perform. She seems to hate making music videos (despite all her words that she would like to be an actress.. really? you can always make a music video with a story and practice there first). She likes to sing. She sings well. But that hardly makes Celine an artist.

 

And it's not about writing her own songs. I don't think Madonna wrote any of her hits (I don't consider her name included into the song credits as "writing", we all know she always insists on it). But she is an artist, because she presents her songs visually and through dancing, makes high quality music videos, etc. When Whitney began to struggle, she was also simply a singer. When she lost her voice, she was gone. Madonna lost her voice a long time ago (assuming she ever had it lol), yet she remains relatively relevant. Just imagine for a second: if Celine lost her voice, what would she be? I am afraid my answer would be nothing. There is nothing to leave there. If Pink who was brought up in another topic loses her voice, would her career end? No. Because she is a performer who does not rely so much on singing only.

 

 

Yes, exactly, Celine is simply a singer. Just a simple singer who simply just sings well. Can't get more simple than that.

She is not a vocalist, she is not a performer, she is not an entertainer and ofc she is not an artist. Because an artist is he who presents his songs visually and through dancing and makes high quality videoclips apparently. They should really add this to the dictionary. Now let's talk about performance. Beside the fact that a performance involves entertaining an audience by doing something such as singing, dancing, or acting (by definition), Celine is not just standing there and hitting notes, she puts her heart and soul in these songs. She literally performs the songs, not just sing them. She wasn't just a performer during AND and TC, she was a show-woman. Because that's all you are talking about. That's what Pink is doing and that was happening in the Brit awards video you posted in the other topic.

But show and visuals are not the essentials of making someone an artist. All three women you mentioned are singers, performers, artists and show-women. Is just that Celine stopped the over-the-top show thing and focused on the emotionally artistic performance of the song and her vocals. 'Cos she is not just simply a singer, she is THE voice for many people and for the rest she is placed in the vocal trinity. Like John Farnham said, "people actually come to hear you sing. You don't do somersaults, and you don't have any dancers" and that's the reality. People go to hear her just sing.

 

Whitney wasn't gone because she lost her voice. Let's not go into this discussion.

 

And i don't know what will happen if ever Celine loses her voice, but hey, Mariah's vocals suffer for so long and she is still doing pretty well, right? I see members here that even like what she is doing right now. And Mariah literally is just standing and singing (...) But you know what, she is Mariah afterall. You can't compare Celine, Mariah and Whitney, with what the other artists are doing. Like it or not, these women have been established as the vocal trinity for a reason. You can't just dismiss them like that and compare them with Madonna and Pink, whose vocals and expressions aren't good enough to hold a concert by themselves.

Not many vocalists can express the songs, the way Celine does. Not many can transport you to another place and give you goosebumps. Just notice how often people are left staring at her, like their hypnotized. Celine's performances are sometimes trance-like. The impact that Celine has from the moment she arrives on stage is unparalleled. She is magnetic. She can just sit on a stool in the dark, open her mouth and people are mesmerized. The art of Celine is to vocalize the feelings, express and transport every emotion through music and create music with her chords. An art and a talent that few artists possess.

 

I really don't know what to tell you and the rest who share this opinion. It's certainly sad.

  • Like 4
Posted
I am not sure how that dance with Pepe (I think mainly of FIY) can be consider good performing. If that's what makes Céline a performer: being dragged around by a dancer and lip an intire song, I'd rather have her be "just a singer".
  • Like 4
Peace and love to all.
Posted (edited)

In my opinion, Celine is the best performer out of the vocal trinity.

 

When I recently saw her at the Ace Hotel Theatre — her stage presence was so gigantic that the stage seemed miniature.

 

Her showmanship has always been mesmerizing and she is untouchable! Not to mention she’s actually preserved her legendary voice.

 

Who cares if she doesn’t write her songs. Nor did Whitney Houston or Julie Andrews etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc . It in no way takes away from the fact that Celine Dion is one of the greatest voices of ALL time.

Edited by smw
  • Like 4
Posted
I couldn't care less if Céline doesn't write her own songs. A chef doesn't have to grow all his vegetables, slaughter his own cattle, milk his own cows and so on to be a good chef. Come on people!
  • Like 7
Peace and love to all.
Posted

Y'all go and watch FLYING ON MY OWN on YouTube! It's close to a million views.

 

  • Like 2
Posted
Did somone say that FOMO had an animated visual on Spotify? It doesn't show on mine. How does it look?
Peace and love to all.
Posted

Did somone say that FOMO had an animated visual on Spotify? It doesn't show on mine. How does it look?

 

It's basically just Pepe's illustration which is animated.. nothing special :)

  • Like 1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

The remix has.

But nothing special. Just the cover changes color :giggle:

 

Did somone say that FOMO had an animated visual on Spotify? It doesn't show on mine. How does it look?

Posted

She can still make a show like A New Day/TCWT if she wants to since she have done that and many people loved it! :)

 

I still hope Courage Tour will be more spectacular and interesting. Celine has so many songs that would work wonderfully with visuals and stories. I am not asking for her to dance like MJ and fly like Pink. Something that would make a performance different and unforgettable (e. g. MHWGO during AND, Alone during TC when Celine was inside the cube screen). Medleys and mixes of her songs (e.g. Eyes On Me + Somebody Loves Somebody). Bring a few dancers, moving screens. Amen.

  • Like 1
Posted

Ok. Mine stays blue all the time though. :pinch:

 

The remix has.

But nothing special. Just the cover changes color :giggle:

Peace and love to all.
Posted

Is he using the song to give an English lesson?

Posted

Ok. Mine stays blue all the time though. :pinch:

 

you have to activate it on the settings

Posted

Is he using the song to give an English lesson?

Yeap. He basically translates the song into Russian and explains the words and phrases used.

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...