fred Posted August 3, 2019 at 09:49 PM Posted August 3, 2019 at 09:49 PM Dance album please!!!!! We have so much of the same old same old already! I have nothing against PMLALS. Actually do like it a lot but that doesn't rule out I want more dance tracks then we're used to. Well its probably just to establish the baseline level of interest in / viral potential of an uptempo, contemporary single. My suspicion is that there is an equal number of ballads and uptempo tracks being considered for the tracklist, and had FOMO generated a respectable amount of buzz on its own just by virtue of it sounding different and surprising from Celine, they would have gone with a more EDM-heavy tracklist. This is significant because the tracklist issue needs to be resolved before they finalize a marketing plan. As of yet, no marketing plan has been in place, which should be quite obvious. Is this album going to be "Celine Dion's return to form" or "Celine's first EDM / dance album"? This must be the question they are asking, and perhaps this is also connected to the leak of PMLALS. 3 Quote Peace and love to all.
melquilisboa Posted August 3, 2019 at 09:59 PM Posted August 3, 2019 at 09:59 PM Yet EUS and SA both sold 1.5 million worldwide... LMBTL sold 1.5 million worldwide... Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met TapatalkLmbtl sold 1,7m worldwide 1 Quote
scielle Posted August 3, 2019 at 10:25 PM Posted August 3, 2019 at 10:25 PM Yet EUS and SA both sold 1.5 million worldwide... LMBTL sold 1.5 million worldwide... Pretty telling, isn't it. You'd think they'd learn from that experience and start treating French releases more like the English ones. Yet somehow I doubt that'll be the case. But I look forward to being pleasantly surprised! Quote
AdrienneM Posted August 3, 2019 at 10:38 PM Posted August 3, 2019 at 10:38 PM Dance album please!!!!! We have so much of the same old same old already! I have nothing against PMLALS. Actually do like it a lot but that doesn't rule out I want more dance tracks then we're used to. PMLALS could be a great song (depending on who does it and how much effort is put into it) for a dance remix, i always appreciate a good ballads turned into a good dance mix Quote
isurrender Posted August 4, 2019 at 07:38 PM Posted August 4, 2019 at 07:38 PM Pretty telling, isn't it.You'd think they'd learn from that experience and start treating French releases more like the English ones. Yet somehow I doubt that'll be the case. But I look forward to being pleasantly surprised! Comparing figures of albums released within 10 years (or 5) is no use. There's absolutely nothing to learn from that. Sorry. 1.EUS has no "english counterpart" during the same era. SA might have sold more or less what LMBTL sold. So what? 4 years before TC sold more than D'elles. Do you see a tendancy to learn from ? And we are talking only about physical support! LMBTL sold 4x more than SA on streaming... Quote
Katie Posted August 6, 2019 at 11:13 AM Posted August 6, 2019 at 11:13 AM Just discovered that last month FOMO, has reached the official Top 10 in France (Number 9) I have no idea about the full run all over the world http://www.chartsinfrance.net/charts/singles.php 2 Quote
Davey84 Posted August 6, 2019 at 11:44 AM Posted August 6, 2019 at 11:44 AM Oh wow! And it's even an increase of 184%! That's awesome! BUT this is such an effing shame: Entré dans le Top Singles France du 10 juin 2019, en 23e position. Sorti du Top Singles France le 01 juillet 2019, en 9e position. One week later it totally dropped out, from the 9th position! You can say what you want, but if Sony FR had sent this song to the radio's, it could have had a longer chart life! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
brendanm999 Posted August 6, 2019 at 04:15 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 04:15 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnO2Avp2E-s Quote
Chantemoi Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:03 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:03 PM But the thing is they nevet go in any direction with any of her English albums.... they all have waaay too many genres and types of songs desperatly playing it safe and not daring going in one or at leaat a couple of directions. Thus leaving the albums without coherense, direction and theme. So by testing such an album where there's 16 completly different sounds is to me just weird, since by that there probably wont be anything more like FOMO on the album but FOMO itself. I do hope I am wrong and that they for once are Taking Chances (risking someone of a certain taste not finding a single track they don't like) giving the album coherense, quality and senserity (and creativity) and thereby actually giving Courage a direction and uniqeness. I will go on to repeat this coz I am finding it hard to repect the attitudes of her latest eng albums (if it was one it might be ok but I see a pattern), going for too much "diversity" between tracks and playing it safe both in trying to please EVERYONE (making tona of money), giving the impression of a somewhat sloppy and poor production all of this letting creativity and artistry step aside. That’s one reason I love “One Heart” so much - it’s one of the few coherent albums in her English repertoire. 1 Quote
Javito Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:12 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:12 PM (edited) That’s one reason I love “One Heart” so much - it’s one of the few coherent albums in her English repertoire. If you put all the tracks from OH with ANDHC and you mix them together (or even put them in random mode) you get a double album with probably her most coherent story behind and best work ever. I did it -I created my own double album mixing the tracks and creating a new whole tracklist with these songs- and it flows so beautifully good Edited August 6, 2019 at 05:15 PM by Javito 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Chantemoi Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:14 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:14 PM If you put together all the tracks from OH with ANDHC together, you get a double album with probably her most coherent story behind. I did it and it flows so beautifully good I’ve always agreed. Only I can’t stand HYEBIL. It makes me cringe!!! 1 Quote
Javito Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:19 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:19 PM I’ve always agreed. Only I can’t stand HYEBIL. It makes me cringe!!! HYEBIL did nothing to me either until I saw this performance of her in Divas 2003. Then it changed my perception of the song. (And of course, after falling in real love I learned to love the song too lol) Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
TommKat22 Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:33 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:33 PM https://www.billboard.com/music/Celine-Dion/chart-history/dance-club-play-songs Moved up to #28 on this week’s Billboard Dance Club Songs chart! 😎 5 Quote Tommy
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:59 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 05:59 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnO2Avp2E-s Did she lip to the Vegas live track in Hyde Park??? Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
nuts2you Posted August 6, 2019 at 08:27 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 08:27 PM just found this , new dance 2 Quote
sarit_celine Posted August 6, 2019 at 08:31 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 08:31 PM Did she lip to the Vegas live track in Hyde Park??? Sure. Well she could sing the verses live, the chorus is hard to sing Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 6, 2019 at 08:48 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 08:48 PM Did she lip to the Vegas live track in Hyde Park??? Pretty sure she lipped it in Vegas, too. Well....she lipped the chorus’ for sure, but I think she sang the verses live. Quote
Holborn Posted August 6, 2019 at 08:52 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 08:52 PM Did she lip to the Vegas live track in Hyde Park??? No. This video is dubbed with the Vegas track. She sang it live in BST except from the chorus part. She even made a mistake in the second verse and sang the warmer wind will scary? me lol 1 Quote
fred Posted August 6, 2019 at 09:16 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 09:16 PM This only proves how much the "live" single lacks in live feeling.... I miss everybody singing along in London in this. Even though I see all the people it doesn't carry me away. I hope the official recordings of the Courage tour include the audience for once! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnO2Avp2E-s 1 Quote Peace and love to all.
fred Posted August 6, 2019 at 09:37 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 09:37 PM (edited) HYEBIL is a true gem. Wonderful production. Streisand class. Yea it's a bit banal, and quite repetitive (but isn't BYLM??) but all the class - vocally and production wise - really makes this song stand out. This is a perfect example of an ok or good song turned great by great production! Still this is probably my least watched Céline performance. I mean isn't it lipped? Sure it doesn't sound like the studio version and the audio isn't in sync, but those overplayed gestures and walking around like a walk in the park while supposedly belting makes me question it strongly. That's why I didn't like it: she shows up for Divas LIVE (live!) and does one song and lips it and smiles while doing it.... (And I rarely comment badly about her looks.... but honestly she looks like she just had a shower and a spray tan and just grabbed the nearest oversized pink sheet she could find to cover herself with.) HYEBIL did nothing to me either until I saw this performance of her in Divas 2003. Then it changed my perception of the song. https://youtu.be/iow0WFfIUAA (And of course, after falling in real love I learned to love the song too lol) Edited August 6, 2019 at 09:38 PM by fred 2 Quote Peace and love to all.
fred Posted August 6, 2019 at 09:44 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 09:44 PM Sooo cute!!! It's goes in the same class as watching baby animals do their thing. Ok I would never have watched it if it wasn't Céline related though. (Amazing that it sounds as if the instructor gives new directions all the time but they basically end up doing the same thing over and over again. ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAJZ0RAiU2I just found this , new dance Quote Peace and love to all.
fred Posted August 6, 2019 at 09:47 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 09:47 PM I love the "will scary me"! It sticks just like "for every dreams you made come true". No. This video is dubbed with the Vegas track. She sang it live in BST except from the chorus part. She even made a mistake in the second verse and sang the warmer wind will scary? me lol 1 Quote Peace and love to all.
AdrienneM Posted August 6, 2019 at 09:55 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 09:55 PM HYEBIL there is most certainly a pre recorded track, probably intended for Vegas but not used. Its way too clear, loud and doesnt sync perfectly with her mouth shapes or movements half the time. Id rather just listen to the album version to be honest Quote
fred Posted August 6, 2019 at 10:08 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 10:08 PM This performance makes me cringe. And when people stand up afterwards. I get quite embarrassed frankly. And to think she lipped while sharing the event with such as Whitney makes me sad. Almost as sad as when she lipped the Whitney tribute… it was as if she didn't care at all (but perhaps cared way too much and wanted it perfect, but it just got soulless when it was lipped). Sad these moments exists. I'm more ok when she lips some tracks on her concerts (at least we get plenty live there). But when she lips these one offs it's just plain sad. On the contrary we have the Aretha tribute which was live and PHENOMENAL - ok at some parts I think she strained her voice too much a la TJSWIM, and those moments just makes me want to duck coz I am afraid she's ruining her vocal chords. But other than that I can't remember the last time I've been this proud over her and to be a Céline fan. HYEBIL there is most certainly a pre recorded track, probably intended for Vegas but not used. Its way too clear, loud and doesnt sync perfectly with her mouth shapes or movements half the time. Id rather just listen to the album version to be honest 1 Quote Peace and love to all.
pat200 Posted August 6, 2019 at 10:17 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 10:17 PM This performance makes me cringe. And when people stand up afterwards. I get quite embarrassed frankly. And to think she lipped while sharing the event with such as Whitney makes me sad. Almost as sad as when she lipped the Whitney tribute… it was as if she didn't care at all (but perhaps cared way too much and wanted it perfect, but it just got soulless when it was lipped). Sad these moments exists. I'm more ok when she lips some tracks on her concerts (at least we get plenty live there). But when she lips these one offs it's just plain sad. On the contrary we have the Aretha tribute which was live and PHENOMENAL - ok at some parts I think she strained her voice too much a la TJSWIM, and those moments just makes me want to duck coz I am afraid she's ruining her vocal chords. But other than that I can't remember the last time I've been this proud over her and to be a Céline fan. she did a marvelous job for the bee gees tribute and a very touching job at the frank sinatra tribute. 2 Quote
AdrienneM Posted August 6, 2019 at 10:26 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 10:26 PM This performance makes me cringe. And when people stand up afterwards. I get quite embarrassed frankly. And to think she lipped while sharing the event with such as Whitney makes me sad. Almost as sad as when she lipped the Whitney tribute… it was as if she didn't care at all (but perhaps cared way too much and wanted it perfect, but it just got soulless when it was lipped). Sad these moments exists. I'm more ok when she lips some tracks on her concerts (at least we get plenty live there). But when she lips these one offs it's just plain sad. On the contrary we have the Aretha tribute which was live and PHENOMENAL - ok at some parts I think she strained her voice too much a la TJSWIM, and those moments just makes me want to duck coz I am afraid she's ruining her vocal chords. But other than that I can't remember the last time I've been this proud over her and to be a Céline fan. I think alot of the time at one offs and tributes thats the very very reason, she wants it to be absolutely flawless, no mess ups and perfect. Even BBMAS 2016 which she dedicated to Rene, she lipped that because she wanted it absolutely flawless. I feel she would be terrified she would get emotional and end up raspy or crack or maybe even forget a word or stumble a bit, i feel like her being the musical perfectionist she is it would kill her. Looking back ar Sep. 2016 / Oct 2016, almost every single performance she was raspy and exhausted vocally and you could tell she wasnt pleased at all, but she refused to cancel. I understand some times her lipping at specials etc. When shes half way through concert runs AND promoting a single such as she is here, its a bit flippant to “waste” your voice on that when you have a multi million dollar vegas contract and promo to do. 2 Quote
sarit_celine Posted August 6, 2019 at 10:45 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 10:45 PM (And I rarely comment badly about her looks.... but honestly she looks like she just had a shower and a spray tan and just grabbed the nearest oversized pink sheet she could find to cover herself with.) That just made me laugh, with the shower... lol it really looks like this. Quote "Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City HallNeeded where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"
browseceline Posted August 6, 2019 at 11:04 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 11:04 PM Ive always agreed. Only I cant stand HYEBIL. It makes me cringe!!! ...it is sooo cheesy and i just cringe listening to that song! Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Javito Posted August 6, 2019 at 11:42 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 11:42 PM HYEBIL is a true gem. Wonderful production. Streisand class. Yea it's a bit banal, and quite repetitive (but isn't BYLM??) but all the class - vocally and production wise - really makes this song stand out. This is a perfect example of an ok or good song turned great by great production! Still this is probably my least watched Céline performance. I mean isn't it lipped? Sure it doesn't sound like the studio version and the audio isn't in sync, but those overplayed gestures and walking around like a walk in the park while supposedly belting makes me question it strongly. That's why I didn't like it: she shows up for Divas LIVE (live!) and does one song and lips it and smiles while doing it.... (And I rarely comment badly about her looks.... but honestly she looks like she just had a shower and a spray tan and just grabbed the nearest oversized pink sheet she could find to cover herself with.) I don't know if it was lipped or not (I think it wasn't, the Divas LIVE event doesn't match with "playback" performances right), but in 2003 she could still easily walk while belting high notes without problems. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
fred Posted August 6, 2019 at 11:53 PM Posted August 6, 2019 at 11:53 PM (edited) Well the first close ups kinda ruins my hopes for the possibility of this being live. The way her mouth and the rest of her face moves is by far more than what is needed when actually concentrating on really singing than on pretending to look as if she's singing. I don't know if it was lipped or not (I think it wasn't, the Divas LIVE event doesn't match with "playback" performances right), but in 2003 she could still easily walk while belting high notes without problems. Edited August 6, 2019 at 11:55 PM by fred Quote Peace and love to all.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.