Jump to content

"Flying On My Own" - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

The video of HYEBIL seems to be unsynchronized as for the audio of the video.

The verses are live, the chorus might be a pre-recorded track.

 

Going back to FOMO, I thought it will be nice if her official accounts will mention something about FOMO on Billboard

(doing great with 0 promotion there!) and to give it all the support this single deserve but chances for that are so low.

  • Like 1

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

Well I mean this in all the best ways: I think we just should give up any hope about FOMO.... next time we'll hear about it is probably during the tour.

 

The video of HYEBIL seems to be unsynchronized as for the audio of the video.

The verses are live, the chorus might be a pre-recorded track.

 

Going back to FOMO, I thought it will be nice if her official accounts will mention something about FOMO on Billboard

(doing great with 0 promotion there!) and to give it all the support this single deserve but chances for that are so low.

  • Like 1
Peace and love to all.
Posted

Well I mean this in all the best ways: I think we just should give up any hope about FOMO.... next time we'll hear about it is probably during the tour.

 

I think you're right. It just makes me sad.

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

They used the recording from Vegas for this video.

When I watched my video from London you could definitely hear everyone singing along :wub:

 

This only proves how much the "live" single lacks in live feeling.... I miss everybody singing along in London in this. Even though I see all the people it doesn't carry me away. I hope the official recordings of the Courage tour include the audience for once!

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

I don't know if it was lipped or not (I think it wasn't, the Divas LIVE event doesn't match with "playback" performances right), but in 2003 she could still easily walk while belting high notes without problems.

 

She could never particularly belt like that whilst walking she always would kind of stop moving. If imo it wasnt a possiblity in the golden era of 1987-1994, it probably wouldnt be a reality in 2003. Especially since at this point, she had already transformed herself into Nasaline for the A New Day... shows

  • Like 1
Posted

Nasaline......

 

Kinda resembles of how mimi fans calls céline lol

 

Saline? Nasaline? LOL

 

Anyways, for me. I’m ok with her singing back in 2003. Especially her performance of Et Je T’aime Encore. The important thing is she’s feeling the song that she’s singing and she did great on that back then.

Posted

Nasaline......

 

Kinda resembles of how mimi fans calls céline lol

 

Saline? Nasaline? LOL

 

Anyways, for me. I’m ok with her singing back in 2003. Especially her performance of Et Je T’aime Encore. The important thing is she’s feeling the song that she’s singing and she did great on that back then.

 

Yes, i am also a mariah fan too lol, however i reclaimed the word to use as a descriptor for 2003/4 Vegas. The whole vegas CD from that time was super nasal, especially (whilst not included on the CD) her performance of TFTEISYF.

Posted (edited)

 

 

Yes, i am also a mariah fan too lol, however i reclaimed the word to use as a descriptor for 2003/4 Vegas. The whole vegas CD from that time was super nasal, especially (whilst not included on the CD) her performance of TFTEISYF.

 

I just remember how mimi fans call céline as saline.. and kinda resembles the nasaline both are name of a drug, right? Haha

 

The a new day Live cd. Honestly, I don’t hate it. Because of the production. It sounds so studio quality, very clear, very pro sound kinda resembles the production in A Olympia Live CD back in 1994. (Except for the reverb and delays effect which is not in a new day live cd))

 

The only thing that I don’t like in a new day live cd is her performance of BYLM that’s the only song that i skip.

 

“For all those(nasal) times you stood by meee-ah” like she’s playing her diction

Edited by jpatdeleon09
Posted

 

 

Yes, i am also a mariah fan too lol, however i reclaimed the word to use as a descriptor for 2003/4 Vegas. The whole vegas CD from that time was super nasal, especially (whilst not included on the CD) her performance of TFTEISYF.

 

Despite the nasility (is that a word) of her voice, it's a damn shame Seduces Me and I surrender weren't included on that album! :doh:

  • Like 3


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

 

 

I just remember how mimi fans call céline as saline.. and kinda resembles the nasaline both are name of a drug, right? Haha

 

The a new day Live cd. Honestly, I don’t hate it. Because of the production. It sounds so studio quality, very clear, very pro sound kinda resembles the production in A Olympia Live CD back in 1994. (Except for the reverb and delays effect which is not in a new day live cd))

 

The only thing that I don’t like in a new day live cd is her performance of BYLM that’s the only song that i skip.

 

“For all those(nasal) times you stood by meee-ah” like she’s playing her diction

 

Don’t put together the ANDLILV fiasco CD and the glorious Olympia CD. It’s like talking of day and night dear.

  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

 

 

Despite the nasility (is that a word) of her voice, it's a damn shame Seduces Me and I surrender weren't included on that album! :doh:

 

Unfortunately no live album of Celine is complete, until they released in 2013 Une seule fois and then her voice was already different and far from the golden crystal clear voice of the 90s.

 

I’m still shocked Sony Music didn’t care to release a live disc of an English show during her peak days between 1996-2002, and they only cared to release French shows (and all of them edited :doh:).

 

Worst case is the Au coeur du stade CD with only 11 tracks and mostly consisting on the SSDA album performed live :rolleyes:

 

I’ll never understand the bad decisions they’ve made with her releases just when she had the best voice in those years...

Edited by Javito

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

 

 

Don’t put together the ANDLILV fiasco CD and the glorious Olympia CD. It’s like talking of day and night dear.

 

Agreed. Olympia and Live A Paris are the god tier. Its just a terrible shame we never got an english counterpart to these. Had they recorded a proper show from maybe the 1992 tour or an anglophone date from The Colour Of My Love tour we may have had that....

 

Even if instead of Recording USF, they recorded one of the 2013 tour shows, where she performed her glorious renditions of Regarde Moi and Terre.

Edited by AdrienneM
  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Despite the nasility (is that a word) of her voice, it's a damn shame Seduces Me and I surrender weren't included on that album! :doh:

 

As well as songs like HYEBIL and TLYM (yes TLYM was lip synched, however i dont think we have a CD level recording of that version of the song, which I would desire to use as a lip sync track myself in the car lol)

  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Unfortunately no live album of Celine is complete, until they released in 2013 Une seule fois and then her voice was already different and far from the golden crystal clear voice of the 90s.

 

I’m still shocked Sony Music didn’t care to release a live disc of an English show during her peak days between 1996-2002, and they only cared to release French shows (and all of them edited :doh:).

 

Worst case is the Au coeur du stade CD with only 11 tracks and mostly consisting on the SSDA album performed live :rolleyes:

 

I’ll never understand the bad decisions they’ve made with her releases just when she had the best voice in those years...

 

11 tracks?????? Medley Acoustique has 5 diamonds!

Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Posted

11 tracks?????? Medley Acoustique has 5 diamonds!

 

Yes, that's the only track I get this album to play lol (next with Je crois toi :wub: ), but I don't count a medley as 5 more songs, it's a medley, they're not in full :)

  • Like 1

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted (edited)

 

 

Don’t put together the ANDLILV fiasco CD and the glorious Olympia CD. It’s like talking of day and night dear.

 

I’m talking about thr quality of the production not the vocals. If you focused on vocals. It’s veeeeeeeerrrryy different. That you may call as talking like day and night :)

 

But I don’t complain with how the way she sang in the live cd of a new day (2004) :)

 

giphy.gif

Edited by jpatdeleon09
Posted

 

 

Yes, that's the only track I get this album to play lol (next with Je crois toi :wub: ), but I don't count a medley as 5 more songs, it's a medley, they're not in full :)

 

I agree.. why The Reason was left out, is beyond me!! Also the Staying Alive/You Should Be Dancing medley would have been a nice upbeat addition... :doh:

  • Like 1


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

I agree.. why The Reason was left out, is beyond me!! Also the Staying Alive/You Should Be Dancing medley would have been a nice upbeat addition... :doh:

 

Question of rights I suppose. When it comes to her releases and what songs she performs live and then what songs make the final cut in the CD release, I'm completely at a loss about their methods when deciding this :wacko: But I think they're not very in favour of paying additional fees for rights when including the covers she sings live on her CD releases :innocent: :doh:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

 

 

Question of rights I suppose. When it comes to her releases and what songs she performs live and then what songs make the final cut in the CD release, I'm completely at a loss about their methods when deciding this :wacko: But I think they're not very in favour of paying additional fees for rights when including the covers she sings live on her CD releases :innocent: :doh:

 

Well, she didn't write any of the songs, so either way they're paying royalties to the songwriters. Whether it's Joe Shmoe or Bee Gees doesn't really matter; the statutory mechanical royalty rate payable is the same.

Posted

Yes, that's the only track I get this album to play lol (next with Je crois toi :wub: ), but I don't count a medley as 5 more songs, it's a medley, they're not in full :)

 

Well, half songs or not, they are amazing!

  • Like 1
Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Posted

How do you want the song to perform well if when you search for “celine dion”, FOMO is absolutely no where to be found?? Its not even in the first like 50 something suggestions.

post-25273-0-50071600-1565184645_thumb.png

  • Like 2
Posted

How do you want the song to perform well if when you search for "celine dion", FOMO is absolutely no where to be found?? Its not even in the first like 50 something suggestions.

post-25273-0-50071600-1565184645_thumb.png

Remember it's a gift to the fans, the hard core group of fans, the inner circle of fans, the type of fans that have to dig way, way deep into her library of songs to find hidden gems, those type of fans, like you and me! :giggle: :rolleyes: :blink: :innocent:
  • Like 5
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted (edited)

They always manage to make quite booring live releases for her English career audience. Don't get why they cut TSMGO and let IAMW stay for the TC tour album for example...

 

And imagine if we had The Millennium Concert released - the by far best setlist and thought through concert she has ever had (yes she CAN do those for one offs, hence why I am still a bit disapointed about the setlists for Hyde Park and the Jamaica JAZZ and BLUES festival.)

 

Also imagine if we had London 2017 released...

 

If we get the Vegas final shows released without the cut songs included (which they would never think of doing) I give up all hope about THE live release in English. I am so amazed at how they choose to release her English live releases.

 

It's like they think "If it's too good (Milennium + London 2017) we wont relase it. If it adds NOTHING to her live releases we might need a live release of it." I am always baffled by the so called logic of Céline's team.

 

 

 

Agreed. Olympia and Live A Paris are the god tier. Its just a terrible shame we never got an english counterpart to these. Had they recorded a proper show from maybe the 1992 tour or an anglophone date from The Colour Of My Love tour we may have had that....

 

Even if instead of Recording USF, they recorded one of the 2013 tour shows, where she performed her glorious renditions of Regarde Moi and Terre.

Edited by fred
  • Like 2
Peace and love to all.
Posted
I cant believe this has 2.2 mil views , since june
Posted

They always manage to make quite booring live releases for her English career audience. Don't get why they cut TSMGO and let IAMW stay for the TC tour album for example...

 

And imagine if we had The Millennium Concert released - the by far best setlist and thought through concert she has ever had (yes she CAN do those for one offs, hence why I am still a bit disapointed about the setlists for Hyde Park and the Jamaica JAZZ and BLUES festival.)

 

Also imagine if we had London 2017 released...

 

If we get the Vegas final shows released without the cut songs included (which they would never think of doing) I give up all hope about THE live release in English. I am so amazed at how they choose to release her English live releases.

 

It's like they think "If it's too good (Milennium + London 2017) we wont relase it. If it adds NOTHING to her live releases we might need a live release of it." I am always baffled by the so called logic of Céline's team.

 

Its a weird conspiracy for me that live english shows were never released to keep the “wow factor” a secret. To make people want to see it, if the shows were released the demand may be gone. But i dont agree with that. Id love if Copenhagen 2017 (the best set list shes done since Millennium) was released but it wasnt recorded i guess. Hyde Park was never gonna be that, it had to be prepared and thrown together in the time of a few days (yes she had a month, but give the woman some off time first half of june and then she had PFW). Jamaica Jazz and Blues she was also in the middle of a vegas leg if i recall. Whilst id LOOOVE something more, imo it just wasnt realistic. I longed so long for an english release from TCOML tour... my favorite era if im being honest, Celine Dion era was my favorite vocally, but she didnt really do a full anglophone show that era which sucks. Im hoping all this builds up to an incredible CWT set list and a great dvd and ce

Posted

The Reason wasn't major song back then. It has become a grower… like I Surrender after ANDHC (and never released as a single). So I guess why they choose not to include it back then.

 

Besides she didn't do it back then as she has done from 2018 and forward. Now she puts a hell of a lot more soul into it. For me it's a live must nowadays and has grown to be one of my favs of hers (before it was just a parentesis). She performs it SO damn well today. The performance back in ACDS is just boring and says nothing to me. She just does it and doesn't seem to put much into it. Today she puts EVERYTHING into it. Wish she did all her songs like she does TR, it truly stands out waaaay above the rest of the setlist qualitywise how she delivers it. It amazes me how well she sounds doing it since 2018. Have I said I really really love it? ;)

 

I agree.. why The Reason was left out, is beyond me!! Also the Staying Alive/You Should Be Dancing medley would have been a nice upbeat addition... :doh:

Peace and love to all.
Posted

She also had a month from the LTAL tour (which she had been doing for way over a year) before she did the amazing Millennium Concert, so it could had been done with Hyde park aswell. Oh well...

 

I don't buy into that they want to keep the wow-factor for the actual concert goers. If anything a super great live release would promote future concerts and trigger one to want to see her live.

 

A proper live release of the TCOML era would have been great (that album actually had many great up-tempo tracks for the time aswell) . And imagine a real live recording of OOR and TT. And I really liked the way she ended TT during the FIY era too ("all I wanna do is share my love with you, all I wanna do..."). To this very day we still don't have an official live release in Europe of one of her biggest hits her. So odd!

 

Its a weird conspiracy for me that live english shows were never released to keep the "wow factor" a secret. To make people want to see it, if the shows were released the demand may be gone. But i dont agree with that. Id love if Copenhagen 2017 (the best set list shes done since Millennium) was released but it wasnt recorded i guess. Hyde Park was never gonna be that, it had to be prepared and thrown together in the time of a few days (yes she had a month, but give the woman some off time first half of june and then she had PFW). Jamaica Jazz and Blues she was also in the middle of a vegas leg if i recall. Whilst id LOOOVE something more, imo it just wasnt realistic. I longed so long for an english release from TCOML tour... my favorite era if im being honest, Celine Dion era was my favorite vocally, but she didnt really do a full anglophone show that era which sucks. Im hoping all this builds up to an incredible CWT set list and a great dvd and ce

Peace and love to all.
Posted

I think I made it quite clear that I knew it was from the "live single" ;)

 

I know, watching the London bootlegs of that song is so amazing. The audience really treats it as it was one of her biggest hits, singing along to it. It's so weird they still decided to do NOTHING with this song after that, coz for sure Céline must have noticed its reception even though it hadn't been out long and never really promoted. She should had really been amazed by its impact.

 

They used the recording from Vegas for this video.

When I watched my video from London you could definitely hear everyone singing along :wub:

Peace and love to all.
Posted

She also had a month from the LTAL tour (which she had been doing for way over a year) before she did the amazing Millennium Concert, so it could had been done with Hyde park aswell. Oh well...

 

I don't buy into that they want to keep the wow-factor for the actual concert goers. If anything a super great live release would promote future concerts and trigger one to want to see her live.

 

A proper live release of the TCOML era would have been great (that album actually had many great up-tempo tracks for the time aswell) . And imagine a real live recording of OOR and TT. And I really liked the way she ended TT during the FIY era too ("all I wanna do is share my love with you, all I wanna do..."). To this very day we still don't have an official live release in Europe of one of her biggest hits her. So odd!

 

The difference was though, she was doing literally almost nothing between LTAL tours end and Millennium concert. A few small one off tv appearances and that was kind of it. Where as Hyde Parks she was actually busy. I guess also all the focus and energy is going into the world tour, which I certainly wont complain about if it means a great show!

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...